Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » trying to find a home

Author Topic: trying to find a home
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome in_sight!

I have to agree with Betty on this one. I attend the Calvary Chapel in Colorado and if you are really hungry for the Word of God, that is the place for you. If there is one in your area of course. Now, every pastor is different but they all follow the same principle of teaching the Word of God line by line, verse by verse through the whole Bible. If you are coming from a mainline church, you will probably notice a big difference, I know I did.

You might check out this link and click on Bible study to see if it sounds like the right kind of environment for you. Just choose a book that interests you. [Smile]
web page

Also, here is the affiliate finder.
web page

I'll pray for God to lead you to a nice Church. God bless. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would recommend you check out Calvary Chapel. They go through the Bible verse by verse.
http://www.calvarychapel.org/

Episcopal or Presbyterian I think is what the Rev is on 7th heaven is. Big fan of that show.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
in_sight
First Post
Member # 3993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for in_sight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I am new... to the site and to the idea of faith. I read the bible. I have been for a few months now. I went to church for the first time yesterday to celebrate my 30th Bday. I figured I should thank him for letting me live this long! I come from a family who never went to church because my stepfather doesn't believe in God and he "holds the strings in my family." I was baptized a Catholic before my mother and him met but never learned anything about God Or Jesus or anything. I feel like an orphan. I want to belong. I have always believed in God and Jesus despite my environment. I have always talked with him in my own way. I have been trying to find where I belong now because, in all honesty, the little I know about Catholicism, I don't "agree" with. As childish and dumb as it may sound...I hold more of the "7th Heaven" kind of beliefs, if anyone knows that show, but I don't know what religion because I don't know anything about the different religions...that's what I need help with. So if anyone can help me, I would like the help because I want to start going to church every week. I only know someone who goes to Catholic church and feel intimidate going to church by myself anywhere else. Any advice, comment, questions would be welcomed.
Posts: 1 | From: florida | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement