Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Christian Crying Out

Author Topic: Christian Crying Out
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SweetMystique13,

Take heart, you are His child. A better Father you cannot find! He knows what to do with you, how to guide you, preserve you, raise you. He knew you before you were born so He knows who you will become.

"He delights over you with singing."

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SweetMystique13,

You don't say how old you are, unless your name is an indication, but I assume that you are still a minor.

I think that Mango's advice is good, but I would like to add my two cents.

If you are a minor and are still living in your parent's home, it isn't unreasonable that you should be expected to obey them. If the Lord is leading you out of the Roman Catholic Church, then ultimately they won't be able to prevent it, but it may be a while yet before you are able to actually change the type of church that you attend. It sounds like your parents are okay with you attending the youth ministry functions, so that is good. I assume you have access to a Bible at home, so you can still study the Word and pray. And, unless your parents object, you still have access to this bulletin board. So things aren't that hopeless.

Your parents sound like they love you and are concerned about your welfare. It shouldn't be surprising that they object to your being exposed to a "different kind of faith" outside of the church. They were raised Catholic, and they raised you Catholic. It's very important to them and their objections probably come because they have been taught that Protestants et al. are not saved and are outside of God's will. I've known many Southern Baptists who would go through the roof if their children started attending a Catholic church.

Be patient. As Mango said, perhaps your parents will see the positive changes in you over time and will loosen up a little bit. Either way, you need to be sensitive to the effect that these changes in you will have on your family, and the effect they could have on your relationship with them if you make choices without taking everything into consideration.

Remember, Christianity isn't about which building you worship in, it's about Who is inside you leading the worship.

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mango
Member # 3803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mango     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!

I'm very sorry for your situation, but I'm really proud of you! It must be hard to go against your family to do what you feel is right, and it takes a lot of courage!

I'm sorry to say that I don't understand why your parents aren't more supportive of you. It's not as if you're becoming interested in the occult or something like that. You still believe that Christ died in our place! I have known many Roman Catholics who aren't very interested in their faith, yet have found new zeal when they attend another chuch. We attend a Lutheran Church.

All I can say (for now, anyways) is that you should keep up the good work, learn all you can. Keep strong, then I think your parents (and others) will see how doing this has changed you. I think it would set a good example. I always wanted to have such a strong faith as all my friends did--so I began learning. And now I'm still learning, but I can already tell that some of my friends want to have such strength in religion! It makes me so happy!

I will pray for you and your family. Stay strong!

In Christ

Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SweetMystique13
Member # 3787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SweetMystique13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Everyone,

I have a problem with my family and I just don't understand this. Maybe someone can help me. For the last two years I have been feeling this urge for a change in religion by Christ's calling. Now the thing I was born and baptized as a Roman Catholic, did everything, believed what they taught as a child, now growing up I have done some research and realized I was going down the wrong path!! Secretly I left the church deep inside and feel confused on where I want to go. I like the Evanglist, Baptist, and the Lutheran, however my parents are against me and won't let me attend the churches I want to go to and learn about to choose. I attended a Christian Church back in Febuary and I liked it then my father found out and he just yelled at me saying I was staying Roman Catholic and nothing else! I have no freedom with my religious choice. I tried to talk to my parents about their religion but they don't want to hear it. But this is the catch I am becoming a Youth Ministry which is part of those three churches I spoke about. So I stopped going to the Catholic Church and just watch Ministry on Television as if I were at church. My parents are proud that I am going to Youth Ministry but they are still arguing with me. When I was Catholic I have to admit I did not feel saved! Now that I left I am learning on how to be saved. I am repenting and asking Jesus to forgive me. I told Christ the only way I can attend your church is one day when I move out and hopefully marry a man of one those three religions to help me. And today when I was with my mother I pointed out a Evanglist Church and commented how beautiful it was and she said yes it is. And I said I would like to marry in a church like that one day and she said to me, "Okay then fine become a traitor of being a catholic." And I just said, "Oh well." Please help me out here everyone and pray to Jesus that my family lets me go to the church I want to so I can learn and be saved. Youth Ministry is in my blood now and I realize that my family is being unthoughtful about my wants in life and my religious choices. Help me please. I am tired of being the Christian crying out.

Godbless.

Posts: 2 | From: With God | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement