Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » anger

Author Topic: anger
bridget
Community Member
Member # 3658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bridget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross] What a blessing it is to have an online family and support center. All of you are amazing and I thank God for granting you all the wisdom to help me in my walk. The answers were very helpful as is the website. I know that I was asking God to take anger [mad2] out of my heart and for me to forgive them, but I wasn't giving it to HIM. Sure I prayed over it, but in the end I never let it go. I know this will not be an overnight process but already my spirit is renewed and my home is a little calmer as well. Thank you and please keep praying for myself and my family as we strive to serve the Lord more and more each day. God Bless [thumbsup2]

--------------------
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a stead fast spirit within me" Psalm 51:10

Posts: 8 | From: Indianapolis | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God has not chosen for me to talk to the person who is responsible for my sister's death. (her husband)
I have never seen him since the day of the funeral.
He is so filled with hate at me simply because he knew I was the one person that she finally confided in about the abuse that he made it where my parents are allow allowed to see the grandchildren when I am not there. Because of my parents I have stayed away. I have totally left him in God's hands. Now, I have moved 3,000 miles away, I won't see him probably again. But, I hold no hatred for him and even prayed that God would bless him and his new wife when he got married. I am sorry to say that he on the other hand has not forgiven me for my so called wrongs. He has told others that if he ever sees me he will kill me and yes he does consider himself not only a Christian but superior to me. That is okay, too I only have to answer to God. [wiggle7]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 18 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with TexasGrandma about praying for the person you are angry with. Pray for the grace to forgive them first, if you need to. Ask God for whatever you need to make your heart right with this person (and consequently with God too, by the way). Keep at it til you feel a change, and you will, and then keep at it some more. God will answer your prayers if for no other reason than your persistence (Luke 18:1-8).

Also though, you need to pray about the repeated transgressions of your husband. At some point you are going to have to confront him about them, and you want to be sure that you are following God's lead when you do. Is there anyone that you trust enough to discuss this with (a pastor or a fellow believer)? Regardless of whether your husband is in the wrong, this could become a source of division if it is left unattended, so you are right in wanting to resolve this before it has a chance to affect your children.

If he does repent and asks for your forgiveness, then forgive him and let it go. They say it's easier to forgive than to forget, and that's usually the case, but we have a higher calling which means that sometimes more is expected of us.

You sound like a very sincere believer who truly is trusting God for your answer, so keep your faith and hope strong, pray for patience, and He will respond.
[clap2]

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 18:21,22-35
"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times...This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart"

Never fail to forgive, for as often as you forgive, God will forgive you too.

Not forgiving something will not change whether that action is done or not. Have you confronted your loved one about what they do, and actually told them something to the effect of "I don't like what you're doing", or have you dealt with it entirely internally? Do they make the effort to change, but keep backsliding? Do they say they'll change but make no effort? Or do you get flak from bringing up the subject, defending themselves?

If it's a matter of backsliding, instead of getting upset, become an encourager. Give them a reason to change (ie... I hated doing the laundry, until it actually occured to me I was taking ALL WEEK to do it. The mess gave me reason to change my laundry habits. If I was never told "Didn't you start your laundry a week ago today", I would have never changed). Check out http://www.livingwaters.com/listenwatch/stream_truefalse_broadband.asx and show that to this person (assuming that they're Christian too).

If it's "Say one thing, do the opposite", recognize that they're giving false witness... lying... http://www.goodpersontest.com check this site out.

If they are justifying themself... they yet enjoy what they do... if it is sin, then explain that they are placing their salvation in jeopardy, much in the same way the young prince obeyed the laws since his youth... but could not sell off all he owned, because he had made his "stuff" his god... that he loved his stuff more than he loved God... that he wouldn't do for God, what God had asked of him... exchange the corruptable things of this world for the incorruptable things of God.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Endoxos
Has it right. Today in Bible Study the Preacher said when he got saved, he was still filled with anger all the time. He asked his Pastor at the time, "Why am I always so angry?" The Pastor told him that you have unforgivness in your heart.
He suggest that you pray and ask God who am I angry at? Sometimes we are angry over things that happened in the past, and we forget why we are so mad.
The write that person's name and what they did to us.
Then start to pray for that person. It is not easy. When I frist prayed for someone who was responsible for my sister's death. I had to pray like this "God bless_______! Amen.
But over time God gaven me a forgiving spirit and I have forgiven him. [clap2]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bridget
Community Member
Member # 3658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bridget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for that response but I'm still a little confused. I know I have to forgive but I guess my question is where does one draw the line? Say I've forgiven someone but they keep doing what I had to forgive them for, and they keep doing it and doing it. When do I go from ok, I've forgiven you to, this has to stop. Does me tolerating have to do with where I'm at in my walk? Am I not being patient enough? [1zhelp]

--------------------
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a stead fast spirit within me" Psalm 51:10

Posts: 8 | From: Indianapolis | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The perfect solution to anger is forgiveness. Regardless as to who is at fault, always forgive the person who offends (even if you or they did nothing wrong), whether it is family, or your loved one. To halt anger in its tracks, for example during an arguement, apologize, even if it isn't your fault. Apologize for upsetting them.

Apologizing and forgiving stops anger in its tracks, and opens up routes of communication. Never be too proud to not apologize or demand they do it first. The faster mutual apologies are exchanged, (as in, for example, "I'm sorry I forgot to do this important thing" "It's okay. I'm sorry for getting all riled up about it") the faster the situation can be understood better, and anger can be defused.

As to your family, the best thing I can tell you is to check this site out : http://www.livingwaters.com . It will help you with everything you could possibly need to know. But also understand that God is far more important than family is, and if you must abandon your unrepentant family for God's sake, do not feel bad, "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." (Matt 10:35-37).

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bridget
Community Member
Member # 3658

I'm pretty new in my walk with God. I have a lot of issues in my past with both my family and my significant other. My family is not saved, his family is. We came to the Lord at about the same time but are at different stages in our growth. How do I keep myself from getting so angry at him about things he did, or does now? We have a 11 month old and I want to fix this before it reaches our son. Also, how do I deal with my family without turning away from them completely?

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement