Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » A question about angels

Author Topic: A question about angels
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Passing Through     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, that is exactly what I was wantinhhg to know.--------Thank you very much.

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 145 | From: Okee. Fl | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnnyB
Advanced Member
Member # 3574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnnyB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just passing through:

We often get into the habit of thinking there is only one advisary: Satan. Whenever something bad happens it's Satan. Satan is not omnipresent, omniscient, or omnipotent, there are about 6.3 billion people on Earth and Satan doesn't have time to worry about me or you.

I'm sure Satan is off preparing the next anti-christ or working on some "big fish."

Satan has many angels of his own (demons) - Matthew 25:41 "....the devil and his angels"

When Satan fell he took a lot of angels with him - Rev 12:3,4 "And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born." This is not a future event but a past event describing the fall of Satan. When Satan fell from heaven he took a third of the stars with him to Earth. The stars in this passage are angels (demons). The woman in this passage is Isreal. The Child that the dragon (Satan) was waiting to devour was the coming Messiah (Jesus).

My point being, there are plenty of Demons to keep us occupied so everytime something bad happens it isn't always "Satan." The demons don't need to report every detail to Satan either, I'm sure they have some autonomy. Secondly, we don't need a demon to sin. We are perfectly capable of that ourselves. Many times when we sin it wasn't "the devil made me do it" many times it's just our own nature.

--------------------
It is dangerous for God to give high truth to highly educated people. There is a danger that in the furtherance of that truth it becomes mixed with an alloy of human wisdom. It pleased God on that first Christmas morning to give high truth to humble men, even shepherds in the fields.

Posts: 43 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Passing Through     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I think you are right.-----------------------------------BUT how does satan keep track of us ??????How does he know when we are struggling with a sin or a temptation ??? because it seems to be at that time he or his demons attack us. How does this work ???

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 145 | From: Okee. Fl | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that this is the scripture that people use to support the idea of guardian angels:

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

I am not implying that we have guardian angels. But I do believe that this is the scripture that some feel eludes to the idea.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnnyB
Advanced Member
Member # 3574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnnyB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David is correct, I have never read such a thing in my Bible. However, when I was young I heard the same thing "your guardian Angel." Now-a-days there is a lot of emphasis put on Angels, this is a subtle ploy of Satan. It is Satan's job to take the focus off God, even if it means onto his servents, as long as God is not getting the glory. If angels were so important then we would know a lot more about them. How many angels can you name from the Bible? 3 and one being Satan.

--------------------
It is dangerous for God to give high truth to highly educated people. There is a danger that in the furtherance of that truth it becomes mixed with an alloy of human wisdom. It pleased God on that first Christmas morning to give high truth to humble men, even shepherds in the fields.

Posts: 43 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Thanks, That is why I was asking I have never read it in the bible that I remember. I have heard different people say we have a guardian angel if we are saved so i was just wondering about the unsaved having a demon to watch over them and report back to satan. No big deal just wondering.p.s. I am saved.

--------------------
Gail

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>> I heard someone say at birth we are given a guardin angel.

Your source to believe is the Bible. I do not find this in my Bible. The KJV.

Can you give me the reference to this in the Bible?

What someone just thinks means nothing to me. It is best to study the bible and learn what is really in there.

If you are saved, not one can take you out of Gods hands. If you are not saved, I would be very much afraid as Satan is looking for you!

www.hellspassion.com

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Can someone PLEASE try and answer my question, please and thanks

--------------------
Gail

Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Omnipresent omnipotent, something like this . they mean he can be everywhere at same time and knows everything and all powerful.

--------------------
Gail

Beena
Advanced Member
Member # 3518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you maybe elaborate ?
What exactly are o words?? [Smile]
Thanx
God Bless You
Bena :- ]

Posts: 56 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

I heard someone say at birth we are given a guardin angel. Well If God knows who will be saved and who will not why would a unbeliever be given a good angel. Would satan also give a person a demon at birth ??/ God is all knowing, and can be in all places at one time ( those O words that I cant spell ) satan cant, so is this maybe how satan keeps track of unbelievers and us. We know we are attacked at times , so how does work if he is not all the O words ???

--------------------
Gail

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement