Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Disturbing Holy Water Site

Author Topic: Disturbing Holy Water Site
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by puddleglum:
OK, this site has GOT to be a joke.

That was supposed to be the point of my post, but I forgot to say that. I guess 'cause I was laughing too hard! [pound] [roll on floor] [biglaugha]

LOL I just went back there and clicked on the Occult link and they have an audio clip of the Church Lady from SNL saying, "Could it beeeeeeeeee [gasp] Satan??!!" [roll on floor] [pound]

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puddleglum
Member # 3106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for puddleglum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, this site has GOT to be a joke. I went back to it to check the "statement" mentioned by Waterdog. While there...I clicked on "Christians" just to see if their description was as funny as their picture. Well....they have some pretty lewd "Catholic" jokes about Holy Water....followed by a list of how many bottles you need to forgive specific sins. Let's see, lust requires just 1 bottle, sloth requires 9 bottles, but making the movie "The Passion of the Christ" requires you to drink...are you ready...ONE MILLION BOTTLES of Holy Water to forgive that sin. LOL I haven't checked the Jewish section or the Occultists yet...I'm still laughing too hard! [pound] [pound] [pound]

--------------------
Genius may have it's limitations...but stupidity is not thus handicapped.

Posts: 6 | From: St. Catharines, Ontario | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those aren't even stereotypes... those are pushing the limits of that, even to the point of caricaturizing 'em. *sigh* If only saying "you're a liar" would have some effect.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their FAQ page is funny!! And if you click on Order and then click on Add to Cart (I mainly did so to see if it would actually take me to an ordering page, which it did), there's a long statement that you have to agree to before you get to the ordering page. It's full of funny little things, but there's also legal stuff in it, too. I think they've covered their butts. Anyway, no, I don't look anything like that "christian" either, and I'm not sure occultists look anything like the "occultist" they have there! [pound] [roll on floor] [biglaugha]

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puddleglum
Member # 3106

Icon 13 posted      Profile for puddleglum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT A SCAM!! [Mad]

Only Christ can forgive sin.

btw, I don't look much like the picture of the "Christian" on that site.....do you?? [Frown]

--------------------
Genius may have it's limitations...but stupidity is not thus handicapped.

Posts: 6 | From: St. Catharines, Ontario | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
borntwice
Advanced Member
Member # 2761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for borntwice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They probably are breaking some law by claiming that it will cleanse your sin, but it is doubtful that anyone woiuld jump on it to prosecute. I suppose that there are some very foolish people out there that will take them up on the offer. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 91 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alotek2
First Post
Member # 3128

Icon 13 posted      Profile for alotek2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just viewed a site that claims to sell bottled holy water, from the movie "Passion" ( http://www.holywater.biz ) First of all, you can't drink holy water, can you? Second, I doubt very much if this is actually blessed or from the movie. Aren't there laws against this kind of thing? Otherwise, if is a joke, it's sure not funny to me and seems to go way too far. I'd like to know what others feel.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement