Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Christians and Discordians

Author Topic: Christians and Discordians
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me Help you out a bit.

You have to understand, your friends are not “Discordians” (Those who worship Discord, and Chaos) they are just people that reject Christianity. What they believe in after that, is irrelevant.

You have to understand, as long as they know the word of God, your duty is done to them. Just call them friends, and show them that you harbor not conflict with them, unless they try to push their religion on you, or try to rip apart Christianity.

Then by all means, laugh at their silly ways, and say “even Einstein knew better then insult God, and your no Einstein, truth me, I’m your fiend, I’d tell you the truth”

Do not try to convince them Christianity is the way, that is the mistake of most Christians, is they attempt to “Convert” people that already know the scripture. That is the mistake, God and Jesus say, “Spread the Gospel” Do not try to shove it down peoples throats.

So, if they want to worship such a silly God, I mean, if your going to make up a God, could you at least make up one that has some form of “Foundation” to build off of, or maybe that is where the problem is, they can’t have a foundation, because if they tried to make one, they would realize just how shaky and weak it really is.

People wonder why the “Religion of God” is called “A Rock” 4,0000 years of people trying to prove it wrong, and it’s still holding strong.

That is four Thousand Years, people have been trying to prove the Word of God wrong, and for four thousand years, they have been failing.

If you have any more issues, or questions they might bring up against Christianity bring those questions here, and we WILL have an answer for you, no one ever comes up with anything new, anyway. It’s always the same old same old.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alison Crowley
Member # 3033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alison Crowley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried, but have you ever debated people who reject Aristotlean logic and laugh at anything with any seriousness? They don't seem to care about their souls at all.

--------------------
Alison Crowley
-Love is the Law-

Posts: 2 | From: IN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
so what can I use to convince them that they need Jesus? Thanks for your help.

First you need to know that YOU are incapable of convincing then they need Jesus. That is the work of the Holy SPirit ALONE.

But we are called to sow seeds of the Gospel. What you use that the Holy Spirit might convince them, is the same think that was used by Jesus himself 2ooo years ago. THE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alison Crowley
Member # 3033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alison Crowley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. This is my first post here. My anme is Alison, and I was wondering how to deal with this issue in my life:
See, a few of my friends are members of a religion called "Discordism" (Did I spell that right?) which they say is about worshipping the greek god of chaos. I think they just use it as an excuse for them to play pranks and cause trouble. I've tried to point out to them how they are in conflict wiht the bible, but they don't care. Has anyone else here had any experience with this Pagan cult? I'm a little troubled because despite all of their bad actions they do seem to have a genuinely good time, so what can I use to convince them that they need Jesus? Thanks for your help.

--------------------
Alison Crowley
-Love is the Law-

Posts: 2 | From: IN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement