Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » A Fellow Christian causing discord.

Author Topic: A Fellow Christian causing discord.
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love bitter old people.

They, really do show the loving light of God to everyone they come on contact with.

(Scarcasm Off)

[Roll Eyes]

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnH
Advanced Member
Member # 2807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps, discussing this with your Teacher would be a good idea. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation and the fact that you are new to the group would put you at a disadvantage. The teacher (Pastor?) may have already spoken to this woman in the past and perhaps he needs to take some action regarding her behavior. If she is as disruptive as she sounds, there is almost a 100 percent chance that she has already been spoken to. Now, maybe it's time for someone to take action.

I like the idea of sitting between your husband and this lady but it sounds a bit more serious than this (sitting between the two) would handle. This woman could concievably go up to your husband and make comments to him that would almost assuradely cause him to want to leave.

But most of all keep it all in prayer and pray for this woman to be healed of her bitterness.

Posts: 32 | From: Oregon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
In His Hand
Member # 3022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In His Hand   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent guidance, helpforhomeschoolers!

I've heard it so well stated in this manner: "Hurting people hurt people" meaning that people like this who seem inclined to hurt others generally do have a root of bitterness, an intimacy need unmet, something in their life that needs healing.

You've gotten great insight from these able advisors.

Posts: 4 | From: East Tennessee | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROM 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Maybe YaHWeH God will allow this women to recover herself from the snare of satan...

Sitting between them is Godly wisdom...

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Linda's suggestions. Especially the one about asking her to share her comments with the group. You could say loudly enough for everyone to hear, "Excuse me? I didn't catch that. What was that you said again?" And smile. [Smile] Of course, you'd have to be sitting next to her yourself to do that. [Wink]

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks helpforhomeschoolers,
I will sit between her and him next week. It seems the last two weeks I have had a shooting target on my back. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would sit between your hubby and her. If she every made another comment to me like the Bible one I would simply say to her "Oh, havent you heard? Thanks to protestant reformation we all have the right and the ability to read or hear the Bible in any form we chose." and then ask her if she would like you to give her the URl because you are sure she would enjoy it also. And Smile!

Just smile be polite and ignore her. Jesus is our joy even in the company of bitter old cantancerous women.

Bake her a cake. Send her a card. do something so nice for her she just is floored by it.

The next tiem she makes her comments under her breath invite her to share thenm outloud so all can benefit from her wisdom. And Smile!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 20 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being new to the area, we finally found a Church where we feel that God wants us to be. We have been attending a Bible Study for 3 months and love our teacher. Two weeks ago we moved up a row to two empty seats so hubby could see better. The older lady we sit by is canteous. I can't hear her but hubby says she makes rude comments under her breathe. The teacher asked us today if we could bring the food next week. We asked if we could do it the first meeting after the 1st because we get paid on the 1st. She made a comment about us "not over extending ourselves" in a rude way. Then hubby says she made critical comments about the teaching all just under her breath where only hubby heard her.
This same person jumped on me last week. I had told the teacher about how hubby and I read the Bible together on line and how much we love a site that has audio and written so we can listen and read at the same time. This lady walked up to me a little later and told me that I had no right to listen to this on line Bible because I am not blind. I tried to explain to her that my husband who has had two light strokes has trouble understanding sometimes and listening and reading at the same time helps him. But she just kept saying we had not right to listen to it.
Luckily my husband was talking to someone else and does not know about this conversation.
My question should I ask the teacher to talk to her. I am afraid if she keeps this up my husband will quit Church. Seeing how I am handicapped, if he quits I can't go either. My husband is a new Christian and I do not want this woman running him away from Church. Last week was a very bad week for us and now to be insulted when we go to Church is like another hit which we did not need. What is your suggestions?

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement