Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Spritual Warriors

Author Topic: Spritual Warriors
LiteralD
Advanced Member
Member # 2922

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LiteralD   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everybody.

I feel like beating on some demons right now so I got to go.

God Bless ya all

--------------------
In God's Army

Posts: 25 | From: London, Ontario CANADA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DannyBoy.
unregistered

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Judges 15:15 And he found a new jawbone of an *** , and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith.
quote:
Judges 16:28 And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.
Judges 16:29 And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.
Judges 16:30 And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.
J

God can give you super human strength at the time that it might be required, for the new convenant is even greater than the old convenant.

DannyBoy

quote:
Matthew 10:30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LiteralD:
Does anyone know a spiritual warriors that have had a physical battle with an evil spirit.

Thank you
God Bless

Yes, but I'm not sure how willing she'd be to discuss it in this type of format (semi-anonymous). She's a real face-to-face type and doesn't even do much in the way of talking on the phone. If you want, I'll relay a PM to her.
Dan S

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be honest, I haven't decked a demon or Satan yet (though how often I wish I could ^_~), but I assure you, almost 100% of the time, when I teach on secular boards, if I write a lengthy post (which, regrettably, are most of 'em), I kid you not, SOMETHING happens to the computer, the forum I'm posting to, a power outage occurs, or SOMETHING prevents me from posting, and my message is wiped. It doesn't happen often when I post to Christians (like, maybe once or twice every month or two), but it's almost certain to occur several times a week (sometimes a day) when I post to non-Christians.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiteralD
Advanced Member
Member # 2922

Icon 20 posted      Profile for LiteralD   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know a spiritual warriors that have had a physical battle with an evil spirit.

Thank you
God Bless

--------------------
In God's Army

Posts: 25 | From: London, Ontario CANADA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiteralD
Advanced Member
Member # 2922

Icon 3 posted      Profile for LiteralD   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read a book recently called "Spirit Warriors" by Stu Weber (a former Green Beret)-- it was excellent. A lot of it is built around Ephesians 6:11, which says to "Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm..., for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand, therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the firey darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God...." Ephesians 6:10-17. Kinda gives you a mental picture of a "spirit warrior" with his armor on.

Thank you so very much. I dont really know what I am looking for, but I am sure this will help. I have alot more question on the topic of Spritual Warriors but I will read this book first and see if it helps.

God Bless

--------------------
In God's Army

Homebound
Advanced Member
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Homebound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! Just wondering -- What kind of questions do you have?

I read a book recently called "Spirit Warriors" by Stu Weber (a former Green Beret)-- it was excellent. A lot of it is built around Ephesians 6:11, which says to "Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm..., for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand, therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the firey darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God...." Ephesians 6:10-17. Kinda gives you a mental picture of a "spirit warrior" with his armor on.

Posts: 40 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiteralD
Advanced Member
Member # 2922

Icon 5 posted      Profile for LiteralD   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need help with this issue. If someone is willing to help me on a personal level with this issue I would be interested in what one would have to say.

God bless

--------------------
In God's Army

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement