Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » read these verses then tell me !!!

Author Topic: read these verses then tell me !!!
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Passing Through     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P. S. I didnt know about that other post, sorry.After reading it ( I ) feel we do have free will. I think Gods strong love for all of us is the reason he hasnt put a stop to this old world. He is waiting on those he knows will freely choose HIM.think about it this way--- He knows who will and who want believe---if He came to soon those that would of in sometime came to him would die without salvation. I dont think he is waiting on those he knows will never believe, he is waiting on those he knows will. What a wonderful and loving God we have !!!

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 145 | From: Okee. Fl | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Passing Through     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wel for awhile I thought we didnt have free will based on these verses---but then read one about Gods foreknowledge. like before He made anything he could look down through time and KNOW the ones that WOULD accept the Gospel of Jesus and BELIEVE. If this is the case it leaves us with free will. IMHO---I didnt go to church or had no one praying for me. zero exposure to the gospel. didnt even know what it was, never heard of the rapture. Well I think God knew the time of my life I would be agreeable to learn more about Him. How did he do this ??? through a book a friend sent me in the mail, out of the clear blue sky. OF all things it was a book about ufos, demons. scared me to death, in last part of book it started talking about God. I called my cousin and asked her if she had a spare Bible I could borrow--------The rest is history as they say. I believe with all my heart that God knew the right topis and timming to get my attetion. now my free will is---I could of threw the book away and said ( HOG WASH ) but I chose to learn more.God knew I would but I had te choice to make, God paved the way I accepted.so yes I think we have free willand that God already knew which way we would go. GAIL

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 145 | From: Okee. Fl | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't upset anyone and you dont have leperosy, but this is being debated in the Calvinism/Arminianism thread. I apologize for not taking your post seriously.

What do you think the scriptures say?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Thanks so very much, I was beginning to wonder if I had lepersey or something. I didnt know this was a touchy subject, sorry if I upset anyone, it was not on purpose. I really wanted to know the answer,or answers. Gail

--------------------
Gail

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gail:

I am sorry. I think the problem is that this is an issue that greatly divides and has for hundreds of years!

I believe that the answer is in scripture:

Look at the parable of the sower: This is a picture of the power of the word of God unto salvation. Most people get hung up on being worried about whether they are good soil or not. But this is not a parable of the soils... It is a parable of the sower. WE are all called to sow the word. Sometimes the word falls on good ground and some times by the wayside. But the point is we sow; GOD gives the increase. God is soverign. God does what he wills when he wills with whom he wills. We are here for HIS good pleasure, and we are sowers of the word. The word will do its part in the good ground.

We cant concern ourselves with where the word falls we just sow. 75% of what the sower sowed did not fall on good ground. So it is in the Kingdom. And even when it falls in good ground some will bring forth fruit 30, 40 100 fold. Not all the good ground will produce 100 fold.

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. {offended: he relapseth, or, falleth into sin}
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

quote:
Do we pray for someones salvation or has God already chosen the ones that will be saved and the ones that will not be saved
You pray HIS will be done in the earth. And you are obedient yourself and so you SOW.

God gives the increase. That is HIS concern.

Your concern is to sow in obedience.

i can tell you that my personal opinion is there is no free will. There is man's Carnal will and God's will. Man's carnal will cost man's life. God's will cost jesus' life. Neither are free.

I can tell you I believe that We are predestined from before the foundation to be HIS or not. I dont believe we chose HIM; I believe the scripture teaches we are of our own accord incapable of chosing him in our carnal state, as we cannot discern the things that are spiritual, and thus we cannot chose the things that are spiritual. But there will be 4 more who come and tell you why I am wrong.

So does it matter? Not if you understand that YOUR JOb is to SOW. God gives the increase, where he wills, when He will, in whom he wills. Your part is about obedience.

Matthew 28:19 having gone, then, disciple all the nations, (baptizing them—to the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Well thanks anyway, I"ll take my questions somewhere else,see if I can get help there. Thanks

--------------------
Gail

Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Will someone help me with this please ?????Do we pray for someones salvation or has God already chosen the ones that will be saved and the ones that will not be saved, And its his right to do this afterall he made us in the first place . I need some answers , please---Gail

--------------------
Gail

Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

So what is the answer ??? after reading those you posted and the ones I posted, it makes you wonder !!! It will blow your mind !!!

--------------------
Gail

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

He He He [Razz]

Here Are Some More for ya;

Ephesians 1:4, Ephesians 1:11 and this one...this one will blow you away if you meditate on it a bit Acts 17:26 KJV

Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

DOOOOOOOOOO we have free will ? am not wanting trouble here but would realy like some answers, please and thanks-----Gail-------------------------John6: 37 and 44------Rom. 8 "28----------Rom. 9 :15 and 18-24-------Acts 13: 48---- 2 Thes. 2:13-----2 Tim. 1 :9

--------------------
Gail

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement