Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Seventh-day Rest, Hebrews 4:1-16. Please comment...

Author Topic: Seventh-day Rest, Hebrews 4:1-16. Please comment...
INWARDLY
Advanced Member
Member # 2493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INWARDLY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(GENESIS 2:1-3)THE LORD set the example when and how to rest.
Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
INWARDLY Used this Quote

quote:
For if Jesus had given them rest, then would He not afterward have spoken of another day[?] There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into His rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
This is speaking of Joushua (Yahshua) of the OT in the first part of the quote, and it speaks about entering into that rest in the latter (refereing to Yahshua Son of God).

This was the shadow of things to come.

Hebrews 4 is talking about, as Linda stated, entering into HIS rest.

Come unto me all ye that labor and I will give thee rest..

Yahshua [Jesus] the Son of YaHWeH is that rest.

Yes the Sabbath is our Friday eve to Sat eve, and is the time i like to set aside to worship, but i am in HIM 24/7.

It is truly a spiritual picture of a physical type.

Linda stated:
quote:
For us who recognize that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, we have now entered into the 7th day here in this life on this earth. Jesus is the Sababbth Rest.

The first part of the quote:

quote:
For us who recognize that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah,
i would have to expound. im sure Linda would also;

Seemingly it is more than recognition, and or salvation. For one could experience salvation and not enter into HIS rest. The writer here exhorts to labor into that "rest" lest some may fall short of it.

As far as a "law" or doctrine for the body of the Messiah... sunday is not the "offical" day of worship. Nor is sunday the Sabbath. The Sabbath was made for man, and not man made for the Sabbath; so the Sabbath was good.

All this ties into Yahshua..the Son of YaHWeH, we can be "IN HIM" and also enter into a "rest" in HIM if we truly become obedient and "cease from our own labors"..

Brother Dale and Wetshoes should have some insight herein also.

The "law" is written on our heart, not with pen and ink, but with the finger of GOD.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not deny that the Sabbath day is Saturday. Nor do I deny that there is great benifit to man if he observes the Sabbath..But Jesus is for the Christian the Sabbath Rest of God.

For the Judaism, the Sabbath Day was to be a taste of things to come. A return to the Garden, a taste of what they will experience in the Messiah's reign.

For us who recognize that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, we have now entered into the 7th day here in this life on this earth. Jesus is the Sababbth Rest.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
INWARDLY
Advanced Member
Member # 2493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INWARDLY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider this:
Hebrews 4:1-16: "Let us therefore fear, lest a promise being left us of entering into His rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as He said, As I have sworn in My wrath, if they shall enter into My rest: although the works were finished before the foundation of the world. For He spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all His works [Genesis 2:2]. And in this place again, If they shall enter into My rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: again, He limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear His voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would He not afterward have spoken of another day[?] There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into His rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, is discerer of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" (Hebrews Four).

Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement