Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » What denomination should I belong to?

Author Topic: What denomination should I belong to?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kool sites in your siggy Katz. [Big Grin] We used to raise Rotties,also a misunderstood breed, so I can relate to your passion about pits. I owned a towing company in Florida and people used to bring them to me because they knew we loved Rotties. I once had 14 in my yard and we were not breeding at that time! Most of them had been owned by people who did not understand the breed and were getting rid of them because they scared someone or they were having a baby and were fearful... all kinds of sad reasons.

The best dog I ever had was a Rottie! I have a cool picture my Desi at two feeding this 170 pound dog french fries individually. He used to use his lips so as to take them with out nicking her fingers. Vicious huh??

I once read a great book on training by a woman... I cant remember her name, but she is excellent... She says there are no bad dogs, just bad human owners. I think that is likely true. It is kool that you are doing something to raise awareness for the breed. [clap2]

I used to bead too... no time anymore and the eyes are going. [BooHoo] But I enjoyed your both your sites!! [hyper]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katz
Advanced Member
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! [pound]
i took this test, and my #1 result was Assemblies of God, and i've been going to an A/G church since i was 10 LOLOLOLOL!!!!! [clap2] [Eek!] [dance] [youpi] [hyper]

--------------------
Canst thou bind the unicorn...? Job 39:10
handmade beaded jewelry
save a misunderstood dog today!

Posts: 28 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cynthia,

I'm looking through some past messages and I decided to comment on this topic.

I live on the East Coast of the United States so if you lived anywhere else then I only could give you generalities.

I've have visited close to thirty churches in my home town looking for the special church. I would say that even if you found a nice church, it takes time to really understand whether you want to be there or not.

The Christian Research Institute has an article on finding a healthy and well balanced church but I'm not here to fit you into a mold without knowing more about you. The article on finding a healthy and well balanced church has also been printed in a book as well.

I like Calvary Chapel because most of the Christians there are at the same level. They are learning the Bible and I think it would be easy going for you because there is a lot of love and acceptance for you and at the same time they do their best to give you the best from the Word of God. I think their messages have a lot to do with grace. A lot of people grow there and the church really empowers you by showing you Jesus.
This is an important church to me because we are all learning about Jesus and the Bible at the same speed and when you leave there you don't have to be afraid of the unbalanced Christians. I think they make it so easy for you to fit in there that if you can't make it there, it would be hard to make it elsewhere.

If you click on http://www.calvarychapel.org/ and then click on "Churches" then you will find a map with several churches near you.

Some Churches have a more traditional service which is something you can find if you want to dress up.

I'm currently attending a Baptist church that is seeker sensitive and has a lot of Bible College students there. They have a great emphasis on music and while they are probably conservative, they don't preach hell fire and brimstone. They have services for young people and a more traditional service. And the word is being taught there at a speed which isn't too hard on people.

If you were in California then I might suggest one of the Calvary Chapels or Horizon Christian Fellowship.

An answer like this would take some people some time. If I can be of any help to you then you can email. I just don't want to put you in any Church but I would work with anyone for as long as it takes.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cynthia2003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took it. It told me that my number 1 would be Anglican/Episcopal. It is kind of true then, because I have been looking in to the Episcopal Church. But it did get the second choice wong though, it said Church or Christ. I am pretty sure that I wouldn't fit well with that church.
Idid take a quiz like that a few weeks ago, but it was longer. And it was inacurate. It told me that the best church for be was the Mormon church. I don't know how it came to that conclusion, because A lot of my beliefs don't even match theirs.

Posts: 26 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take the little quiz at the link I posted above. I did it too just for fun; it said I was # 1 a Southern baptist. I attend a Southern Baptist Chruch. It said I was #2 an Assembly of God.

I think the quiz may give you what you are looking for.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cynthia2003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, say I have no denomination. What church would I go to? I couldn't go to just any church. Like wnat if I just said "Hey, I don't have a denomination, so I will just close my eyes and point to a list of churches. Whatever I land on I will go to. Say I did that and it was Church of Christ. So I go okay then and go there. Then I end up very offended because one of my strong beliefs is preached against.
The point I am trying to make is that I just want to attend a church where thay have similar beliefs and where I came learn more about God.
I know I don't belong exactly to any one denomination. I have beliefs that just about touch every denomination. I believe that the Bible is written mostly by man but inspired by God. But that doesn't make me Baptist. I just want to find a church that shares some of my beliefs. I think I mostly fit with the United Methodists. Even thouge they think that the Bible is the infallible word of God, doesn't mean I have to. I can still believe that the Bible is written by man inspired by God. I think we will recognize eachother in heaven. I don't think we will be withour families, but I think if we see our mom, dad , brother, sister and the rest of our family we will know that they were our mom dad ect. I know that some churches don't believe that, but it doesn't mean that I can't.
I get what you all are trying to say. That I should just believe in God. I have prayed that he helps me with this search for a church. But that doesn't mean I should just sit back, do nothing and wait for a church that is right to fall from the sky and into my front yard. I think that I should pray about it and continue seeking until he guides me to the right church.

Posts: 26 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I dont believe that we chose a church. I believe that God places us in a local Church Body for HIS purpose. I believe that this happens through prayer.

I also believe that we do not go to church to share our beliefs, but to study his word and to prepare to do His work in the world and to be used by HIM to serve the needs in a particular Body that HE desires us to fill and equips us to fill.

When we seek out a church based on what we want and what we are looking for or what we think that we need, it is easy to find ourselves in a body saying "Oh, I wish to music were more this or that..." "Oh, I wish the pastor taught more on this or that." "Oh I wish the people were more this or that..."

IT IS NOT ABOUT US BUT ABOUT HIM.

How does that translate into practical matters of finding a church?

Well, I think first you have to set the very most basic guidelines for the churches that you will visit.

These are the issues of doctrine that are the basis of our faith on which there can be NO compromise:

1. Man by nature condemnded by sin and lost without hope

2. Salvation by God's Grace alone, a free gift offered to all men through the shed blood of Christ.

3. God manifest in the flesh of Jesus of Nazareth, crucified as a propitiation for your sin, died, buried, and PHYSICALLY Risen, ascended to the right hand of the Father and coming again literally and physically to earth.

4. One way to Eternal Life, One mediator between God & Man.

Once you have identified church bodies in your area that follow these most basic of Doctrines, you visit them. Not just on Sunday, or Saturday, but also for Bible study or Wednesday services or what ever other functions they have.

And you pray, and you pray some more and you ask God where he would have you serve.

My personal opinion is that God is moving the Bride of Christ out of the denominations and into local fellowships that are true to scripture over organizational creeds and concerned more with the preparation of the Gospel and the work of the Church as the Body of Christ in the world and in the assembly of the brethern.

We are called to be salt and light to the world. God knows what our spiritual needs are, what our needs for meat and teaching and leadership are and HE will attend to our needs. Our focus in selcting a church should not be about us, but about what he wants to do with us and through us.

Too often we attend church today for US. We enter the doors saying what have you got for me today God. When we should be asking what have I got for YOU today LORD. How can I be used by you to bless others and bring you glory. ALso too often we view church as the place we go to worship, when worship should be what we do with every breath we take, move we make, sound we utter.

If you are still set on on knowing denominational differences this website might help as you can enter your beliefs to a series of questions and see where they align best.

What Denomination are you?

The bigest problem is that among all denominations there are Bible believeing and non bible believing. I might not have very different beliefs as a Baptist from my firend Daniel who is a Methodist because we both are Bible believers. But we might have great differences with another of either denomiation who belives that the Bible is not infallible.

This research information by Barna might also be interesting to you.

Barna on Denomination Differences

I hope this helps, but I cant leave this thread without sharing this with you. You posted a lot about things you just dont believe or things you just wont do. I would ask you this: If God said stop eating chicken, would you? If God said my purpose for you in this life is to stay home and raise a Godly SON that will be a witness for me, would you?

When I was 18, I had a lot of Ideas about what I just would not do, would not accept, and did not believe. I can tell you at 45 a lot of them make me laugh. But more seriously, almost everything in life that I have ever said I would not give up or I would not do, or I could not accept... these are all things that God himslef has required of me at one point or another. Some of those beliefs, things, and even people... he has torn from my hands and my heart as I kicked and screamed and stomped my feet too! But all of them were things that stood in the way ... they were the chasim between giving ALL of my life to him and laying down my own will to pick up his. See God doesnt want to be the Lord of those things in or lives that we are willing to give him Lordship over, he wants to be LORD of all. Because truly when he isnt Lord OF All, He isnt LORD AT all.

I tell you this because I have learned not to say "I will NEVER...." Today, I dont even think it. My thoughts have changed to "By HIS grace I can and I will if he requires it of me..."

May the God of all Peace Keep you and direct your feet firmly and squarly on the path that is HIS will.

cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

*sigh* my correction wasn't even correct! Oh, well. You all know what I meant. [Smile]
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

oops, I meant take back, not bake back. Don't even no how I did that.
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

Barrykind:
The reason I ask what church denomination I belong to is because I want to attend the right church that share some of my beliefs. I wouldn't want to go into a church and have completly opposite beliefs than them. No, I am not rebelling because I was hurt or anything. I am 18 and have had a pretty good like. And I don't think my beliefs are rebelling.
I wil not be submissive to a man. If I were to be married to a man and he said, "I don't want you to go to work. I want you to stay at home and have supper on the table and have the house cleaned when I get home." I would tell him "No way! I am not marrying you if you think I will do that. So, you hade better take bake what you said or I am leaving you." That is the way I am. I don't believe that the womans place is in the home and to do everything a man tells her. In fact if I had a boyfriend whom I was planning to marry and he said that, I probably wouldn't even marry him. (It would most likely cause problems down the road.) Equality between men and women is something I believe strongly in. And nothing will change that.(I am sorry if I come across as mean, I don't mean to sound like that. But it is something that I feel strongly about.)

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cynthia:

The heart of this issue is the issue of your heart.

Either your in "HIS" church or your not.

Your part of the Body of the Messiah or your not.

As in my previous post denominations cause division.

Seek the Lord Yahshua [Jesus] with all your heart, mind, body and soul.. LOve HIM with everything in you, obey what HE tells you to do, and LOVE your Neighbor as yourself.

im not siding with the 7th Day Adv, this is not a forum where i will discuss their beliefs....BUT

if i thought that God was with a group of people, it would not matter to me that they eat no meat and only veggies....

If God says do not do it.....is that such a hard thing?

The bible does teach for a woman to be submissive to thier husband.....

First and fore most, from your posts without knowing you, i since a rebellion in your words, perhaps from being hurt.

Yahshua [Jesus] said

[Bible]
MT 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
ASV 1901

First and formost follow HIM, HE will guide you and direct you.

i personally see the denominations, and non-denominaltional denominations dividing the body of Christ...

The are so full of man made dogma, rules, and regs, they exclude others from the kingdom of God.

i dont want to seem to come off harsh, but i must speak the truth as i see in God's word and what HE is leading me to speak.

GOD has always had a remenant of people, and called this remenant HIS "ecclesia", called out ones, or HIS church...soon to be bride.

Dear Cynthia this is so serious, please seek HIM with all your heart and if you follow HIS guidance you will never go wrong...

Do not try and find a group of people just because they let one do what they want, let GOD lead you, and HE will.. [Smile]

Trying some time back to find a church to go to was like we were chum and fell in shark country..

People will try many ways to attract you, this one speaks in tongues, this one says tongues are gone, this one has women pastors, this one says "FORBIDDEN", one states; We just spent 1.3 MIllion on a new gym, where you and your family can come for free....so on and so on... away with that junk.....ONE cannot win the world through the flesh...

Let it be CHrist and HIM crucified that is the attraction, to please HIM that called me and cleansed me....

The HEART of the issue is; the ISSUE of the HEART!

Seek HIM while HE may be found!
Let HIS SPIRIT guide you into all truth...

For we all know in part and need one another..amen

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

Look, I am really sorry. I really don't want to sound offensive or anything, but I just don't share the same beliefs. (and its not just the giving up meat, real dairy, preservatives ect) They seem to be more conservative. And I at least need them to be liberal with women (I will not attend a church that trys to force people to believe that a womans place is in the home and that they should submit to their husbands.) But I don't know what their beliefs are concerning women. But I do admit a big part of it is the giving up meat and stuff. (Tofu freaks me out, soy dairy imitation products seem, well, I dunno) Plus, I have been eating meat for 18 years, and I
really couldn't give up chicken.
But since I shared my beliefs, you can share yours if you wish, I won't criticize you or anything if you do. Just don't get your hopes up on converting me to it.

INWARDLY
Advanced Member
Member # 2493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INWARDLY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cynthia, I encourage you to keep the 7th day adventist church inside you heart,and consider still looking into it. Please, Please, give it a try. Please, look in the phone book and call a local 7th day adventist church. Ask the pastor to show you in scripture the diffrence in other churches and the 7th day adventist church. I didn't grow up in this church,but their is so much eveidence that the truth is complete in this CHURCH!
Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

Thanks. DanielS, said that that would probably be a good choice too. I did visit a united Methodist church, but I only went one time. So I will probably be visiting one again.
JP
Advanced Member
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cynthia2003:
Well, I narrowed down the denominations I am interested in to about 4 or 5. I am going to research them more then if I like it enough, I will go visit those churches. As for the 7th Day Advintist church, I wouldn't be happy there at all (no offence) The main thing is, and sorry I have to say it outright like this, but I like meat to much to give it up. (They are the ones who are vegans right? If not I just made a fool of myself).
But thanks for the help anyway.
Oh and good luck to you texasgradma, I hope you find a church you like.

Cynthia,

Based on what you said your beliefs are, and what you are looking for, I suggest that you check out United Methodist. Here is a link where you can find out a lot about them in plain english:

http://www.unitedmethodist.org/

--------------------
John
http://www.christianscorner.com

I believe!

Posts: 36 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

Well, I narrowed down the denominations I am interested in to about 4 or 5. I am going to research them more then if I like it enough, I will go visit those churches. As for the 7th Day Advintist church, I wouldn't be happy there at all (no offence) The main thing is, and sorry I have to say it outright like this, but I like meat to much to give it up. (They are the ones who are vegans right? If not I just made a fool of myself).
But thanks for the help anyway.
Oh and good luck to you texasgradma, I hope you find a church you like.

INWARDLY
Advanced Member
Member # 2493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INWARDLY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only church that I have found that follows the Bible 100%, is the 7th day Adventist. If you would like to know why write back.
Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 15 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are in the process our selves of finding a Church home. What we are doing is visiting Churches. Ask for a paper that details the Churches beliefs. Take it home and study it. Make sure the Church does not differ from God's word. We are looking for a Church that has a good Sunday School class and a good Wednesday Bible Study. Your needs may be different. Visit Churches and look for things that are important to you. I pray that you find a Church that you are not only comfortable with but that will meet your spirtual needs. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

I am looking for a church with nice and friendly people who are good Christians. I want one that is more liberal than conservative. Also I don't want one that does stuff too out off the ordinary, stuff like snake handling or speaking in tongues (no offence to anyone). And I don't want to atend a church that is very "fire and brimstone". I want to go to a church where they don't expect you to dress very formal. As in they are okay with you wearing khakis and a nice shirt.
I am hopuing this is what you meant by what are you looking for in a church.

INWARDLY
Advanced Member
Member # 2493

What are you looking for in a church?
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

[Confused] Hmmm, I am still confussed...
I am only 18 so I don't know tons about the different churches.

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I) Introduction

A. Words have meaning and they are important.

B. What denomination do you belong to?

1. What exactly does it mean to be a denomination?

2. Why do we use this term?

3. Is the church of Christ a denomination?

(II) Need Step

A. This idea is such a big part of the religious world we need to understand it.

B. The subject of the church is important to God.

(III) Preview Main Points

A. What does the word denomination mean?

B. Why are there so many different denominations?

C. Is the church of Christ a denomination?

(IV) Main Points

n Denomination means a “a characteristic or qualifying name given to a thing or class of things…a class…a collection of individuals classed together under the same name…a religious sect” (The Oxford English Dictionary 4:458-459).

n Thus a denomination is “a general name for a category” (Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary p. 309

1. Football teams.

2. Money denominations.

n The Baptist religion “arose in Western Christendom” “in the sixteenth century” (Eliade 2:63).

n Its name “first appeared as Anabaptist” (Eliade 2:63).

n “If one insists that Roman Catholicism is not a denomination within Christianity but is its original expression, one faces at the outset the historical fact that the earliest community of disciples gathered at Jerusalem and therefore was Palestinian rather than Roman. Indeed, the see, or diocese, of Rome did not exist at the very beginning, nor did the Roman primacy (Eliade 12:430).

n 2 Timothy 3:1-5, " This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

n Acts 20:28, " Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock."

1. The origins of Catholicism.

2. The reformation and the rise of denominations.

1. Who built the church?

Matthew 16:18, " Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock."

2. When was the church built?

Acts 2:47, " Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved."

3. What doctrine does the church follow?

2 John 9, " Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son."

4. What name does the church wear?

Romans 16b, " The churches of Christ salute you."

a. The church is identified by a number of terms.

b. Any of these are appropriate, but any thing else is not.

c. A name is important.

1. Abram to Abraham.

2. Jacob to Israel.

3. Saul to Paul.

4. The church of Christ.

(V) Review Main Points

(VI) Conclusion

A. We need to take the subject of the church very seriously.

B. Denominationalism is not the result of the teachings of the Bible.

1 Cor. 1:10, "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Philippians 3:16, "Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing."

Works Cited

n Eliade, Mircea. “Baptist Churches.” The Encyclopedia of Religion. Vol. 2. New York: Macmillan Pub., 1987.

n Eliade, Mircea. “Methodist Churches.” The Encyclopedia of Religion. Vol. 9. New York: Macmillan Pub., 1987.

n Eliade, Mircea. “Roman Catholicism.” The Encyclopedia of Religion. Vol. 12. New York: Macmillan Pub., 1987.

n “Denomination.” Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary. Tenth ed. 1995.

n “Denomination.” The Oxford English Dictionary. Second ed. Vol. 4. 1989.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

Icon 17 posted      Profile for cynthia2003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what denomination I belong to. When I first started going to Church, I went to a Presbyterian Church. But now I don't go to that church anymore and am searching for a new church. The problem is that there are so many denominations that I don't know which one I belong to. I know they all have some different beliefs, but I have tried searching for them and I can't find exactly what I am looking for. I wanted to list my beliefs (well some may be more opinion or personal belief) and see if anyone could sugest what denomination would be best So here goes:
I believe in Heaven and Hell (I am not sure if you go there imediatly, or if theres purgatory, or if your just dead until Jesus comes again. I guess I believe that you go straight to heaven or hell when you die.)
I believe that men and women are equal. I think it is okay for wonem to be deacon or elder of Church. But as for being a pastor I am kind of undicided, but leaning toward that it is okay.
I think that it is okay to divorce/remarry
Ithink that the bread and wine during communion symbolize Christ's body and blood.
I think that animals go to heaven (please don't try to tell be that they don't, its kind of a touchy topic...)
I believe in baptism
I think that having an occasional drink (though not in excess) is okay.
I think that dancing is okay and is not morally wrong.
As for gay people becoming Christians, I don't know. I am completely undecided on that.
Well thanks for any help you can give me!
-Cynthia

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement