Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Discerning the Spirits

Author Topic: Discerning the Spirits
KJV MAN
Advanced Member
Member # 1905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJV MAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Homebound:
I hope this topic isn’t “too far in left field” for this Board cuz I haven't seen much (if any) discussion about it, but this has been bothering me for quite a while and maybe someone can shed some light on it.

Over the last year, I have somehow ended up in very odd conversations with acquaintances (who are very sane and stable people)that were very troubling then, and still are. During the first one, a woman told me that while meditating Jesus himself personally visited with her – He actually sat down in a chair next to her and they had a nice, long conversation. (I don't know her real well, but indications point to her being a universalist.) In a second conversation, another woman told me she that after becoming deeply involved with channeling she was visited by Michael the Archangel, who appeared very visibly to her one night with a sword to protect her from evil. She went into much detail, and seeing her body language and outright fear as she was talking, it was obvious she was actually visited by "something." She also firmly believes that evil spirits must leave if a person invokes "the name of Jesus" - but it's not necessary that you be a Christian. My thought is that her experiences with channeling and other New Age spiritual activities somehow allowed this to happen to her. She is not a Christian, but she mentioned having a grandmother who has been “praying for her protection," which is something else that confuses my discernment of the situation.

I was totally dumbfounded during these conversations, and glad that both times someone else walked in and the conversation ended. Since then, though, I keep wondering -- Who am I to judge their experiences or say Jesus or Michael couldn't appear like they said? Would God actually allow satan to pose as Jesus himself or as Michael? How should a Christian respond if they find themselves in the middle of such a conversation? If I run into these ladies again and they bring it up, what should my response be?

The reality of the spiritual battle has become very clear to me though these experiences and I feel that I have good discernment, but must admit I’m still confused. Any insights or thoughts would be appreciated.

The first thing I would tell them is that they had better leave channeling and the new age cult alone. They are asking for trouble and are exposing their life to demonic beings. They are in fact inviting them in the front door!!! Satan holds nothing back and pulls no punches. Satan could be luring them into a false sense of security and in fact could be leading them in a way to take full control. People don't like to talk about these things nowadays but demons are very real!!! Point out that what they are doing goes totally against GODS' WORD and if they continue to be willingly ignorant of these acts ; GOD may not intervene on their behalf.
Further if these appearances had no purpose , as far as some great warning of judgement or some very special message , these may very well have been some force of darkness!!!
Satan is the great deceiver and can take different forms. Witness your heart out and show great concern and love and warn them about the evil they are engaging in!!! I pray that GOD will be with you!!! AMEN!!!

--------------------
BIBLE-Basic Instuctions Before Leaving Earth!!!!

Posts: 81 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homebound
Advanced Member
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Homebound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this topic isn’t “too far in left field” for this Board cuz I haven't seen much (if any) discussion about it, but this has been bothering me for quite a while and maybe someone can shed some light on it.

Over the last year, I have somehow ended up in very odd conversations with acquaintances (who are very sane and stable people)that were very troubling then, and still are. During the first one, a woman told me that while meditating Jesus himself personally visited with her – He actually sat down in a chair next to her and they had a nice, long conversation. (I don't know her real well, but indications point to her being a universalist.) In a second conversation, another woman told me she that after becoming deeply involved with channeling she was visited by Michael the Archangel, who appeared very visibly to her one night with a sword to protect her from evil. She went into much detail, and seeing her body language and outright fear as she was talking, it was obvious she was actually visited by "something." She also firmly believes that evil spirits must leave if a person invokes "the name of Jesus" - but it's not necessary that you be a Christian. My thought is that her experiences with channeling and other New Age spiritual activities somehow allowed this to happen to her. She is not a Christian, but she mentioned having a grandmother who has been “praying for her protection," which is something else that confuses my discernment of the situation.

I was totally dumbfounded during these conversations, and glad that both times someone else walked in and the conversation ended. Since then, though, I keep wondering -- Who am I to judge their experiences or say Jesus or Michael couldn't appear like they said? Would God actually allow satan to pose as Jesus himself or as Michael? How should a Christian respond if they find themselves in the middle of such a conversation? If I run into these ladies again and they bring it up, what should my response be?

The reality of the spiritual battle has become very clear to me though these experiences and I feel that I have good discernment, but must admit I’m still confused. Any insights or thoughts would be appreciated.

Posts: 40 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement