Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Should message boards allow heresy?

Author Topic: Should message boards allow heresy?
Richard Hawkeye Hawkins
Community Member
Member # 1186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard Hawkeye Hawkins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are encouraged to pass the gospel on to others so long as we are sure not to be influenced to sin as they might be doing. For Jesus came here to save sinners and to provide salvation to thoose who needed it not for thoose who didnt.

--------------------
-------------------
"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners;" (1 Timothy 1:15)
-------------------
Many Blessings,

Richard "Hawkeye" Hawkins
-------------------

Posts: 13 | From: Wiltshire, England | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck_Slotter:
It is these and many more reasons why obedience to the Word of God is most important.

No one is arguing that this is not important, because I preach this all the time.

So what seems to be your problem with this Christian BBS?

I was originally seeking answers for the hope that is in the users here (I Peter 3:15) because of problems that exist elsewhere.

Non-Christians bring in heresy and even after they were corrected and shown their error, they won't stop shipwrecking the faith of weak Christians.

I know names over the last fifteen years of people who left the Christian faith because of liberal Christians who think that Christians should be liberated from divine directives. These castaways of the faith are only secondary to those playing church for their own enjoyment.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mac:

quote:
Men will never change mans heart, but God will.
[clap2] [clap2] [clap2]
Amen! and Amen!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Chuck_Slotter

I have been part of BBS for a while now and can assure you that not every body agrees with me, in this board we have pre, mid, mill and so one. But in all this as far I know this board is to bring the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to those that are not of His pasture, discussions in here are moderated by moderators to bring and give their best concerning the word of God. (Remember we also are weak vessels been mold each day by the power of God) I my self have been bless in here and I don’t think that letting others express their view concerning Jesus is in no way of heresy, I assure you that when heresy (Adherence to such controversial or unorthodox opinion) creeps in the members of this board will notice them.

From time to time I listen to Harold Camping, but i dont force my views to no one i sare them and let God wich is the Author bee the Finisher.

Men will never change mans heart, but God will.

In my opinion in this matter in no way or the other I am speaking over the Moderators and their answers to this issue.

May the Lord Jesus Christ guide us in His truth...

Bring Out The Beauty Steadfastly

Love In Christ Jesus
MAC

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck_Slotter:
It is these and many more reasons why obedience to the Word of God is most important.

No one is arguing that this is not important, because I preach this all the time.

So what seems to be your problem with this Christian BBS?

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Hi Dave,

My intent of this post is evident in my first post. My intent was for other users to participate in giving me a reason (I Peter 3:15) for what I set out to ask.

What I have never advocated is to throw people off because they were sinners or from different belief systems. What I wanted was reasons to protect the gospel and other Christians.

If "Christians" don't have any regard for other people which includes Christians then my Pastor wonders if they ever received the spirit of God.

Your example of Jesus eating with sinners and tax collectors is good but it doesn't give an example of people trying to tempt the Lord to sin. We have an example of Satan trying to tempt the Lord and how Jesus responds to it but I think Jesus giving the ten commandments as an example "..It is written.." is how I would think He might act. And since I'm a follower, I would say,"It is written" and give examples for why non-Christian gospels shouldn't be tolerated. And since it is written to act in such a way, I would let other gospels be accursed as Galatians 1:8-9 says because Jesus says elsewhere "It is written..."

When God turns people over to reprobate minds (Romans 1:28) it is His judgment and those who stand against His judgment are standing in the place of God and it is always scarry for me to talk to someone who knows more than God.

The sins listed in Galatians 5:19-21 are not simple sins. These people were not suddenly and unawares taken in a fall. And for Christians to think that they can simply deal with these individuals by just loving them is totally mistaken because I can guarantee you that the sinners listed in Galatians 5:19-21 will bite you.
I've learned the lesson well by trying to do what others can't and I'm telling you it is better just to do what the Bible says.

"Heresies" is listed as one sin that "..they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."-Galatians 5:20

"And Samuel said, What meaneth then this bleating of the sheep in mine ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?"-I Samuel 15:14

"But the people took of the spoil, sheep and oxen, the chief of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, to sacrifice unto the LORD thy God in Gilgal."-I Samuel 15:21

"..Because thou has rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king."-I Samuel 15:23b

Chuck_Slotter@yahoo.com

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Chuck_Slotter,

I am David Campbell one of the moderators on this Christian BBS. I would like comment on why this particular Christian BBS don’t throw people off just for having questions and wanting answers, first please take a look at the below and see what the Pharisees had to say when Jesus was doing exactly what we are told to do:

The Holy Bible, New King James Version

Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

Matthew 9:10 through Matthew 9:13 (NKJV)

The passages you have been referring to are directed to the Church or Christian so to say. And I am in total agreement with them. If any of our moderators start preaching or teaching another Gospel other then that of Jesus Christ they will be banned from this website. The verses are directed to people who are Christians that preach another Gospel. People that are not saved are not included. They do not know any better.

This BBS came from www.fishthe.net which is an Evangelistic web site. Meaning we are to help others come to know Jesus and help answer their questions. If we don’t allow the non-believer to ask their questions then they will never know the truth. We are not to be like the Pharisees and hide in our Church building bubbles. We are to take the Gospel to the streets, Internet and all over the world. And yes, you will definitely have other religions asking questions. And I have found out that you have most of your trouble from the modern day Pharisees that have nothing better to do then go around picking on the true Christians that are doing what the Lord ask them to do.

If you see any of our moderators preaching a Gospel other then the Gospel we were given in the Bible, then you let me know.

Also if you see a post by a non-believer or a cult that is preaching another gospel and has not been replied to, let me know and I will either delete it or respond to it.

If you have any problems with the BBS or questions you are welcome to email me at david@fishthe.net

Now if you are looking for a Christian only environment, then you are in the wrong place, because as Jesus was, so are we, here to help the unsaved to come to know the truth.

Fish the Net – www.fishthe.net
Know Him Online – www.knowhimonline.com
Christ Jesus – www.ChristJesus.us

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Galatians 1:8-9 says that if someone else preaches another gospel then that person is accursed. I looked up the word accursed in Strong's and the greek definition does mean ex-communicated.

If we purpose in our hearts what the true gospel is then allowing other gospels is to condemn ourselves by going against our conscience (Romans 2:15) because it is against the law in my heart and should be against the law in your heart.

Titus 3:10 says,"A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject." If we don't follow the scripture's directions then we will all suffer the consequences because the Bible says:

"Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil."-Ecclesiastes 8:11

You aren't going to win a heathen by allowing other gospels into this forum because Amos says,"Can two walk together, except they be agreed." (Amos 3:3)

You are then violating II Cor. 6:14-17 which says:

"Be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

I seriously pray that you will give an answer specifically to each question in the above verses before proceeding. What compromise does the gospels of light have with the gospels of darkness?

If you were to take off in a plane from San Diego to Hawaii and compromise by going off one degree then you would never see the Island. And if you are trying to guide your spirit with physical eyes then you are in trouble because Jesus said,"The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and wither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."-John 3:8

Stop trying to see with your physical eyes and start following what the Bible says. You can't compromise.

God's condemnation against Israel was because they wouldn't remove or destroy the high places and I think you shouldn't allow other gospels.

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."-Matt. 18:6

These other gospels offend other Christians because I read their books. "I was a Watchtower Slave" is such a book. Someone didn't bring the doctrine of Christ and some Biblically illiterate person who didn't know their Bibles let them into their house just like this forum is comming into my house.

"If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed."-II John 1:9

Don't let him into your house and don't bid him God speed. When you compromise you are doing both.

Chuck_Slotter@yahoo.com

njclary
unregistered

'Chuck'; I get chewwed on pretty regular here, and I love these people.[also I do some chewwing myself] You will find here, a diverse group including Bible Scholars. These people are very good at study, concise interpretation of thought, fair [for the most part] in disertation.

I am not one of the scholars. I am a nosy busibody, who has a prodigeous memory, advanced age for practical experience, and a counselling demeanor.

I found some interesting reading by 'Douglas Groothuis' interesting you should insert his name in your last post.

I do hope you will avail yourself and when applicable teach us.

God Bless

Joel

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You pose a good and interresting question Chuck. I think it depends on the Board and its purpose.

If the board is a strictly Christian board with the purpose of ministering only to existing Christians, then I would say no. Not heresy allowed.

On this board, which is open to all, both christians and non Christians alike, there will be from time to time heresy posted.

The Admin staff here is quick in those cases to call it heresy. And to provide Biblical reference as to why it is heresy. This is something for which we have all received judgement and criticism for from other posters and it is rather I think unique here because as has been pointed out, in most forums the mods dont participate in the discussions.

We are however very blessed here to be for the most part of one mind and in one accord as admin members and also with the owner of this board.

So yes, you will see heresy here, but you will also see it addressed Biblically, and in love.

Joel is right, and I dont often say that [Razz] , just kiddling NJ! But you are right, we are very blessed to have the opportunity here to witness to many who pass through the portal and are lost. What is not so important as what the heritics say, is that which we say, as Christians, we must preach the Gospel, and there is but ONE Gospel, and that is Jesus crucified and risen for YOU and ME!

We must also remember that there is but ONE who leads us to TRUTH and we too were all blind once, but by HIS Grace and Mercy, we SEE. And each of us who sees today, will by His POWER see more clearly tomorrow, and each day until the day when we see all. Today, there is not one of us who does not at this point see in part!

So, let us not be high minded thinking that we know all or see all, but let us search the sciptures and study to show ourselves approved, and let us listen with open hearts and minds to one another, that we not offend angels unawares that God may have sent to speak to us, to show us something we have not yet seen. Let us encourage one another, challenge one another, rebuke and reprove one another when needed; but most of all let us continue in love and let that love be a witness to all who may be watching!

God Bless and keep you in His Peace.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by njclary:
Chuck; based on what I read here, you might just stand alone. Although we here are fundamentalists/conservative, Bible believing Christians for the most part, there are some who are not. They are very important to us. They foster some great discussions. It sometimes can get contentious, but for the most part it's at best interesting. I myself get cranky at times, But I will respect the opinions given. Argue points as they arise. If it gets too rough, the moderators are extremely capable of dealing with it.

Please join in and help move the discussions along. Add your insight and knowlege. But please be gentle and loving.

God Bless

Joel

I don't stand alone but most of the Christian church is biblically illiterate and there are a lot of Christians who can't define what the gospel is.

I don't stand alone but I lived in one area for 13 years and not one Christian witnessed to me in that time.

I'll obey God when it says,"But though we or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."-Galatians 1:8 And you can stand with the so called "Christians" who don't so you won't have to be alone.

All of the churches I have been in told the wolf,"Out!" Because they understand that you become a Christian from the correct gospel and not from marketing entertainment so that we can make christians out of consumers.

The Christians I knew in the 80's were your elders and wouldn't allow it on their networks..ex.. NewLife Network, etc. They would tell you that their system is for the Lord.

The Pastors and Elders of God's Open Door Church stood with me and do stand with me. A Doctor from Philadelphia College of Bible stands with me. Other Christians stand with me.

The gospel is not merchandise that we can buy or sell (Acts 8:18-23) The gospel repeatedly chastens our self-sufficiency and offends our pride so that we might humbly rest in the sufficiency of Christ (Matt. 11:28-30) "Repent for the kingdom of heaven is near." (4:17). Preaching repentance is utterly alien and antithetical to marketing. Therefore marketing and evangelism are antagonists, not allies.(1)

Jesus says,"...if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." (John 15:20) and if you kept Jesus' saying then you would have kept Paul's saying in Galatians 1:8.

When you don't see me here no more it is because I've obeyed the Bible which tells me to dust off my feet against those who reject the gospel. And if you don't then your interpretation is alone with the Biblically illiterate.

1 Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D.

njclary
unregistered

Chuck; based on what I read here, you might just stand alone. Although we here are fundamentalists/conservative, Bible believing Christians for the most part, there are some who are not. They are very important to us. They foster some great discussions. It sometimes can get contentious, but for the most part it's at best interesting. I myself get cranky at times, But I will respect the opinions given. Argue points as they arise. If it gets too rough, the moderators are extremely capable of dealing with it.

Please join in and help move the discussions along. Add your insight and knowlege. But please be gentle and loving.

God Bless

Joel

Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by njclary:
Chuck; Just from what I read of your post, you seem to be quite confrontive. You demand, you insist.

We here have had the opportunity to witness to one who called himself a satanist, athiests, and other lifeforms. We do it in a loving manner. We are diverse in our Scriptural upbringing and presentation, sometimes a bit overzealous, but the way to win a lost soul to Christ is through Love, Prayer, and Proper use of Scripture. We don't demand or insist. If one becomes too disruptive, that one is dismissed.

Hope this helps.

Joel

I'll rephrase my point. I've come across heresy and I've let different pastors examine it. It passed with them but I was suspicious of it. It wasn't until several years later that I learned enough to prove the teaching to be false.

I promise that I won't introduce it here to hurt anyone. Do you love me more than the sheep? Do you love me more than your sisters and brothers? If I had the motivation to deceive people as an active deceiver, would you let me do it knowing that your brothers and sisters wouldn't get out of the error that I would put them into?

Wouldn't you really be doing the work of the enemy by assisting me? I could pretend to be a lamb knowing that what I introduce could be for your hurt. I could speak subtily to not alarm you and you would accept that?

Suppose I committed the unforgivable sin and really was beyond reprobate. Suppose I let demons enter in and let them teach their doctrine, it wouldn't bother you?

What if it was for lesser sins? Would you still do allow it?

Paul says,"But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat."-I Cor. 5:12

Would you listen to Paul? Does Paul insist?

"But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person."-I Cor. 5:13

If I have a different message with a different Jesus then I could be an idolater. Paul says not to become one with them.

Wicked is Strong's 4190 and it means:

poneros; from a der. of 4192; hurtful, i.e. evil (prop. in effect or influence, and thus differing from 2556, which refers rather to essential character, as well as from 4550, which indicates degeneracy from original virtue); fig. calamitous; also (pass.)ill, i.e. diseased; but espec. (mor.) culpable, i.e. derelict, vicious, facinorous; neut. (sing.) mischief, malice, or (plur.) guilt; masc. (sing.) the devil, or (plur.) sinners:-bad, evil, grievous, harm, lewd, malicious, wicked (-ness). See also 4191.

Titus 3:10 says,"A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject;"

If "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" as II Tim. 3:16 says then do we respect what Titus 3:10 says or do we do what seems right to us?

Do we follow the Bible as Christians or are we only actors? When we don't follow all the scriptures then we assert to know more than God.

So if God says,"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkmess, but rather reprove them." in Ephesians 5:11 you call that confrontive. Evil is now called Good and Good is now evil. When God says to take every thought captive (II Cor. 10:5), I do it.

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."-I Cor. 10:12

"But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness."-I Cor. 10:5

"Now these things were our examples.." I wonder how many of us take the examples.

njclary
unregistered

Chuck; Just from what I read of your post, you seem to be quite confrontive. You demand, you insist.

We here have had the opportunity to witness to one who called himself a satanist, athiests, and other lifeforms. We do it in a loving manner. We are diverse in our Scriptural upbringing and presentation, sometimes a bit overzealous, but the way to win a lost soul to Christ is through Love, Prayer, and Proper use of Scripture. We don't demand or insist. If one becomes too disruptive, that one is dismissed.

Hope this helps.

Joel

Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

I've personally been kicked off of "Christian" BBS's in the 1990's because I dared witness to a Buddhist on a "Christian" BBS. I can name four Ohio pastors who ran a network and did this. I've been censored on a large seeker sensitive pseudo Christian network for teaching why Harold Camping's book "1994?" wouldn't happen.

When the situation is turned around and someone is teaching outright heresy then should the christian allow heretics to have a forum to corrupt baby Christians?

Is freedom of speech more important than truth? Is freedom of speech more important than my brother or sister knowing the way to God?

Why is Christian speech not protected on Christian BBS's and why is heresy protected?

Please list Bible verses and give a reason for why we should do what we should do.

Thanks in advance,
Chuck

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement