Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Animals and heaven??

Author Topic: Animals and heaven??
Rach
Advanced Member
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful message. One thing about Pets, is that they represnt a simple loyality and enduring devotion. That was one thing Ladybug had (by the way she was my dog too [Wink] ) Even after we all grew up and left home, she took good care of mom. I know that I sure hope she is waiting for us one day.
Posts: 41 | From: NC | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joel:

I just wanted to say I am sorry for your loss of "Lady".

We had a wonderful old Rotweiller for many years, he was a retired Security Dog. We loved himed him so. When Desi was a toddler, we had our own business, and she used to come to the shop with us and he used to shepherd her around, always watching, never letting her stray too far or get into trouble, never letting any one questionable get too close to her. He was huge 170lbs, fierce and schutzhund trained and yet so gentle he would pick french fries from her tiny little hands one fry at a time with his lips so as not to hurt her!

In His old age, he had bad hips and terrible arthritis. The winters here were so hard on him. The vet would give him injections that made life bearable and we struggled so knowing that we needed to put him down. I think he knew of our struggle because one day he just left and we never saw him again. I believe that he went off to die knowing that we could not bring ourselves to end his life. We grieved so for our loss of him.

We may not know the answer to this question about our pets but we do know that there will be nothing that we miss,need, nor desire in heaven that is not fulfilled or staisfied and that includes the grief we feel on this earth over the loss of a beloved animal.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is difficult for me; And this seems to be the best place to cathartisize my feelings.

'Lady' an absolutely beautiful border collie. We have had her for the past 13 years.We got her when she was about 11/2 years old+-weak bladder, matted fur, full of fleas and ragged in appearence. It took a while to help her control her bladder problems, and time to clean her and de-flea her.

Through the years, as the kids grew and left, she remained, ever faithful. As the kids married and returned she was ever there.As the grandkids appeared, she accepted them as her family. But through these years, she was our family.

In the last couple of years, we noticed her slowing down, her long walks with Sally, in the evening, went from a couple of miles to a few hundred feet, finally to nothing. Lady was getting old. Gone was the tearing around the yard at breakneck speed, leaping in the air and doing a flip in mid air landing on her back in a sliding position looking for her belly to be scratched.Gone was the ability where she would race at the fence, take a flying leap, landing on the bent section which would springboard her out of the enclosed yard to meet her pals in the neighborhood.

Lady was a bit of a chicken when noises like thunder would begin. She would race over to us and try to bury her head in our armpits. When we would retire to bed, she would stand there with her nose just barely making the elevation of the bed height, and wait for her evening petting.

In the last year, we noticed a definate stumble in her walk, and it was determined by the vet, [a wonderful christian girl] that Lady had tumors, probably some in the brain,---no hope--just make her as comfortable as possible, and when we decided that she could no longer function, minimally, then our vet could end her suffering.

It came about this past week, she could no longer do her daily abolutions without falling into the resultant. and as we would help her back up she would hid out of embarrassment.so On wednesday this past week, Lady's life was ended. It hurts, whereever I look around, I see signs of Lady, piddle stains on the concrete patio,leakage accidents stains on the carpet, residue of her fur on our clothes.

Do Animals go to Heaven; I believe they do, and I shall look forward to reuniting with her, and I know our son who left us 21 years ago is playing with her now.

God Bless you all

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'll name my horse "Horse"

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'd love to see my cute little doggies in Heaven!

--------------------

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Hey Hey Hey, man, that's some awesome stuff. Lets hope they do. Like during the Rapture, whenever it is, I hope all the house pets go too, like them dogs, and cats, and maybe iguanas, rabbits, frogs, fish, yeah, they don't need to be left behind.
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings... [Kiss]

The Bible does give us some reason to hope that departed animals will be restored. We read in the Bible that redemption is a cosmic matter. The whole creation is destined to be redeemed through the work of Christ (Rom 8:21)., and we see the images of what heaven will be like; Scripture that tells us about the lion and the lamb and other animals being at peace with one another.

Whenever heaven is described, though it may be in highly imaginative language, it is a place where animals seem to be present. Whether these are animals newly created for the new heavens and the new earth, or they are the redeemed souls of our pets that have perished, we can't know for sure.

I would love to see our beloved pets again someday as they participate in the benefits of the redemption that Christ has achieved for the human race.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zziizzxx
Community Member
Member # 1725

Icon 6 posted      Profile for zziizzxx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE] [I dont think animals have eternal souls either. But if you think about the creation, before sin there was no death. So both the plants and the animals God created could not have died.
/QUOTE] I don't think so, but as for Adam and eve yes. Too many holes in what you said but no big thing.Adam and eve had access to the fountian of living water which was in the garden. Woman having to be weak messed up everything and Adam going along put us all in this situation of sin. Work till I die, stop working and I die. OK, so it was a long time ago sooner or later somebody would have messed up anyway.
Zziizzxx [Cool]

Posts: 7 | From: LA. Ca. | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zziizzxx
Community Member
Member # 1725

Icon 6 posted      Profile for zziizzxx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the way I see it animals are just biological programed robots or cyborgs or something like that. I don't think they go to heven because there is nothing there to go when it dies. Don't missunderstand me I love animals becaues God created them for our enjoyment and to eat. There may be such things up there and we'll see when we get there. Which is not to far off in the future. People have gone nuts over animals to the point of putting animals above people, maybe even God.
Zziizzxx [Cool]

Posts: 7 | From: LA. Ca. | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I know that there are horses in heaven (also the four creatures in Rev. 4).

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.

But hey, that's not even the half of it, we all get to ride horses!

The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

Hmmm, I think I may name my horse Buster... I bet he'll talk too, just like Balaam's donkey! [hyper]

-

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think animals have eternal souls either. But if you think about the creation, before sin there was no death. So both the plants and the animals God created could not have died.

It seems that animals will be in the new Jerusalem....Perhaps created new animals???

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMJaneway
Community Member
Member # 1450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMJaneway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always believed the answer to this question to be NO! Then I had children and something happened to my thinking. I dont think that believeing either way is a savational issue. I do believe that I will see my sweet kitty in heaven but if I get there and its not true it won't matter. The Bible says God will wipe away our tears. I became very angry when my childs teacher (in a Christian school) told her that her pet did not go to heaven. I told my little girl not to worry about it her teacher had not been to heaven and doesnt know. And that is the bottom line none of us as been to heaven so we cant say for sure. If it will help my child deal with the grief of losing a pet then by all means let her feel she will see them again.
Posts: 9 | From: Houston | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Animals don't have an eternal soul, as do we. That's what separates us from them. I was always told that no, animals don't go to heaven.

--------------------

njclary
unregistered

Just a thought----how many animals are exhibited, Scripturally, in Heaven? Quite a few and some quite strange looking. So Do animals go to Heaven? well where did these Heavenly animals come from?---as I said, just a thought.

God Bless

Joel

mikerica
Community Member
Member # 1499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikerica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know but it's a good idea that they would be up there. Afterall, animals can be very dear to us, just like family. [youpi]

--------------------
Mike and Erica

Posts: 16 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Praise Adonai
Community Member
Member # 1501

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Praise Adonai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When an animal dies, does it go to heaven. Does the bible address anywhere that there will be animals in heaven?? Any thoughts on this. [1zhelp]

--------------------
I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.
Phil. 4:13

Posts: 11 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement