Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Anger Management

Author Topic: Anger Management
Rach
Advanced Member
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something else that I think helps, is to remember that anger does not only effect me. When I let my anger consume me, it shows and effects everyone around me. 2 seconds after I lose my temper, when I realize the reactions I get from others I immediately calm down.

I am a pretty even keel person -because every action I take I try to stop and think- How is this going to effect the people around me. Bad temper is in my genes, so I have to watch it carefully.

Posts: 41 | From: NC | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josh, I am a man who was predisposed to raging outbursts. As an example; years ago when I was in construction, I was nailing shingles on a roof. I whacked my thumb with the hammer. Smarted, it did. Made me angry. When the pain subsided, I grabbed the hammer and promptly whacked my thumb again. By this time the rage was growing, and I snatched the hammer, took a mighty swipe at the nail and again the thumb got in the way, by this time the pain got intense and in the final act of intense rage I slammed the hammer down only to have the hammer bounce off the shilgles and whack me in the head almost knocking me of the roof.

Many times I have 'lost it' raging against almost anything that got in my way. It came to a point where I asked God , why?

God, had me search my self.What made me angry? What set me off?

One thing I learned, some people are predisposed to anger. It's a body chemistry thing. Usually one who is prone to great anger, is also prone to great jockularity. They have a broader range of emotions.

Another thing I learned, is why I would get angry. I took whatever I did, or said in a personal manner and felt embarrassed when something went wrong. The situatiion with the hammer, was I looked and felt stupid. That made me mad.

A third thing was, Not allowing God to work in circumstances that I placed myself in. So much of the time, we try to operate on our own, not allowing God to intervene, and we don't have the strength to control our demeanors.

Josh; don't allow circumstances to control who you are. I have found that things and circumstances are'nt that important. Only my relationship with God. Things that used to make me angry, I take the attitude, "It does'nt matter that much" or "so what" And lastly; Give it to God.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikerica
Community Member
Member # 1499

Icon 11 posted      Profile for mikerica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josh,

You and I must be related some how. I get angry at the smallest things. God has really helped me out with my anger, I know, because my health has improved alot but I still need ALOT of help. What makes my anger worse is that not to long when it happends, I'll drop something or bang my baby toe against the sofa [mad2] It's one thing after another. Sometimes I think that God just leaves me once I'm upset so I can continue to make a fool of myself and then hate myself for not being able to resist getting angry.
Man, talk about needing anger management! [1zhelp]

--------------------
Mike and Erica

Posts: 16 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Hey that's a good point. I don't know. I just get mad, becuase I can't walk and it gets me frustrated.
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, well, well. Here we go again, huh, Josh?

Why did God make you a hothead?

Do you suppose He has a purpose for you? Do you suppose He had a reason to make you like that?

I think God likes to make hotheads, because He can take them and change them, and use them for purposes that no other type of personality works for.

Look at Peter, the bold, brash hothead who was quickly recognized as the leader of Jesus' disciples. He became well respected as one of the great leaders of the early church. The Catholics revere him as the first pope.

Look at James and John. Jesus called them the "Sons of Thunder." James was such a powerful preacher and leader that Herod became so afraid of him that he had him killed. John became one of the greatest theologians of the early church, and wrote five books of the Bible.

But what about you, Josh? Are you like lightning?

You know, lightning was just flashes of light in a storm, electricity that started fires and was generally very destructive and frightening....

...until it was harnessed. Now we wouldn't want to ever be without it. Why, you know, without electricity we'd be doing this internet stuff by candlelight.( [Big Grin] sorry about that!) But look at all that can be done with electricity, which is basically lightning harnessed.

You have a temper, Josh. So do I. What will God be able to do with you when he harnesses your temper?

Gary

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Hey, I don't know if ya'll will be on this section, but if you see this. Please help. Listen I prayed for God to help me with my anger. And like like 5 seconds later, I tripped and fell(I can't walk at the moment due to a hurt foot and crutches), and that got me steaming hot. I'm tired of tripping and falling. I can't handle this not being able to walk thing. It's too hard and again, gets me very very mad. But, then I just told God to forget my prayer, because I can't straighten up. I'm too angry and harsh. Anyways, any opinion on this would be cool.

Josh

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement