Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Religion?

Author Topic: Religion?
CloudHands
Community Member
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CloudHands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you waterdog... very interesting... thanks again!

--------------------
"Did God really say..."

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight The Great:
Hi,
I have noticed that many to all Religions are made to suit the people of that religion, The Bible says one thing but religions and churches only do things that benefit them.
I also noticed that most religions only take certain parts of the bible that fit there way of life and dismiss the rest, Many religions contradict themselves and many people who preach these religions are hypocrites! They Preach one thing and do another.

My Question is how can i be a true Christian if every Christian religion and church is not as the bible teaches?

Thank You

Twilight

This is an excellent reason to read the Bible for yourself and see what it has to say. You don't have to choose a denomination, or even go to church to be a true Christian. In fact, you will probably be a much truer Christian if you don't go to church. I know, that runs counter to everything we hear and see in America...Christians go to church on TV, in books, movies, etc. But you're right...how can they all be right? They can't. Take your Bible, read it, and figure it out for yourself. Don't let a denomination or a church tell you whether you're a Christian or not. It isn't up to them. That's between you and God.

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't this biblestudying for the sake of knowing Gods perfect will for you, just brainwashing yourself with what others have thought about God before you?

The bible is a good inspirational book with many answers and even more questions, it will never be more than a sharing of thoughts between men and if you can take it as that there is much treasure in it, everything besides inspiration makes it a straitjacket.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We believe that the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the
inspired Word of God and are therefore without error in the original writings.
We further believe that this inspiration is not in different degrees, but extends
equally and fully to all parts of the Bible: historical, poetical, doctrinal and
prophetical. We, therefore, believe in the absolute authority of the Bible in all
matters of faith and practice. John 10:35; II Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:21.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudHands
Community Member
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CloudHands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that just a fancy way to indoctrinate yourself to see what it is you are looking for?

Isn't this biblestudying for the sake of knowing Gods perfect will for you, just brainwashing yourself with what others have thought about God before you?

The bible is a good inspirational book with many answers and even more questions, it will never be more than a sharing of thoughts between men and if you can take it as that there is much treasure in it, everything besides inspiration makes it a straitjacket.

Well just my two cents on the subject...

--------------------
"Did God really say..."

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 15 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a christian by what God sats, not man.

Religion is man trying to reach to God on man's terms.

True Biblical christianity is about God reaching out to man, via Jesus Christ and the cross. It's about a relationship with the Creator who did it all for us.

The Bible is not a book of rules, or a guide on how to live a moral life. The bible is God's word to us so that we can find and know Him. The goal of the Bible is so that you can get to know the author - The LORD God Almighty!

Once you become a born again christian you are indwelt by God's Holy Spirit to lead you in truth and righteouness. The Bible becomes the plumb line to verify that you are being led by the spirit, and not the flesh and your personal desires.

The Holy Spirit will NEVER go against The Word of God.

Trusy God and ask Him to lead you in truth, and to give you discernment to know lies and disception.

Col 2:8 Be watching out lest anyone will be carrying you* away as spoils of war [fig., taking control of you*] through philosophy [or, human wisdom] and empty deception, according to the traditions of people, according to the rudimentary elements [or, basic teachings] of the world and not according to Christ.

Read your Bible every day and pray (prayer is a fancy word for talking to God) before reading that God reveal Himself to you.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Twilight The Great
Community Member
Member # 645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twilight The Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I have noticed that many to all Religions are made to suit the people of that religion, The Bible says one thing but religions and churches only do things that benefit them.
I also noticed that most religions only take certain parts of the bible that fit there way of life and dismiss the rest, Many religions contradict themselves and many people who preach these religions are hypocrites! They Preach one thing and do another.

My Question is how can i be a true Christian if every Christian religion and church is not as the bible teaches?

Thank You

Twilight

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement