Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » How do I pray? How Do I know the Will of God?

Author Topic: How do I pray? How Do I know the Will of God?
MosesN'me
Advanced Member
Member # 242

Icon 18 posted      Profile for MosesN'me   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well ask god if its his will and for the good to help you 2 gt baack together, and also ask god to protect your ex and give both of yudisernment so yu wil know wht is his will..

Peace B With U [Lighthouse]

--------------------
" Peace b With U "

visit site at www.amen2that.faithweb.com

Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Thess. 5:

11: Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
12: And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13: And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
14: Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
15: See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
16: Rejoice evermore.
17: Pray without ceasing.
18: In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you .
19: Quench not the Spirit.
20: Despise not prophesyings.
21: Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22: Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23: And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24: Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
25: Brethren, pray for us.
26: Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.
27: I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
28: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

God bless you my dear Brother in Christ;

I can only respond to your words, and after a word of prayer. Our Lord would withdraw from the folks from time to time, for rest and communion with the Father. You mention the possibility of moving back home. It sounds like perhaps you were not as strong in the faith as you had been previously. Would a time spent at home, allow you to return to the roots of your faith, in the place where you first came to Christ?

God's will is never limited by either time nor distance. By staying close you would have a hard time withdrawing from the sphere of influence of this precious Sister, and also the influences which caused you to somewhat withdraw from Christ.

It is most imperative to return to being centered in Christ, first and foremost, and to be more and more yeilded to His leadership for your life. Let Christ be Lord of your life, and your situation.

1) Turn it all over to our Master.

2) Pray for your precious one and for yourself, not to be reunited but that God surround each of you with His prefect love, and that you each be yeilded to His will.

3) Stay in contact through mail or e-mail, but only as a Brother and Sister in Christ at this time, and with unconditional prayers and love for the other.

4) Become active in Christian fellowship, worship, study, and ministry. In serving God first and foremost, you will allow Him to move and lead you according to His perfect will and love for you. This can be a time of growth and maturity in Christ.

Dear Father surround these precious children with Your eternal love, draw them near, hold them close, and fill their hearts with Your peace which passes all of our human understanding. Strengthen them Lord as they yeild to You, and meet them at their points of weakness and heal and minister to their specific needs. Lift up our precious Brother and Sister in Christ, and illuminate the pathways of Your perfect will and love for their lives. Ground them in Your eternal truth, and bless their hearts with a joy and love deeper then they could have ever imagined, the Blessed Assurance that You are ever near, as close as our very next breath. Bless these precious ones Father and lead them ever onward in Your will and to Your glory. In the name above all names, our Lord Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen.

God bless you my Brother in Christ,

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
runninhorn
Member # 1109

Icon 9 posted      Profile for runninhorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone, just registered and am so glad I found this message forum. [Smile] My question is in regard to my recent break-up with the girl I was about to propose to. Im 24, she is 22, we met at church in college, and just recently graduated from college. We dated for two years, and recently I was getting ready to propose, and then one nite(4 weeks ago) she out of the blue told me that she felt it was God's will that we break up, and then she said she felt that I wasnt the spiritual leader that I once was. She then went on to say that she was only 90% sure that I was the one for her, and that since she hadnt dated anyone else her entire life, that she needed to date atleast one more person to see If I truly was the one or not.

Needless to say, the last 4 weeks have been the roughest Ive had in my life, BUT, I am thankful for this breakup since God has been able to take me to a level with him that Ive never been to before. So basically the breakup was a HUGE wakeup call. I admit, over the past year of the relationship, my walk started slipping, my prayer times started slipping, as did my bible reading and time with God, almost to the point of non-existant. I even stopped going to church for a while. So Im glad for it happening, but now that God has totally re-lit the fire in my soul for him, and given my life a 180 degree turn, how do I pray in regard to my ex girlfriend? She is the most awesome, godly woman I know, that always strived to make me a better person in Christ. She said if it's God's will, he will put us back together down the road, and if not, then he will take us a different direction---which is true. At this point I only want to do and pray for God's will, but how do I?

I mean, I want to get back with her, I sincerely feel she is the one for me, so should I pray that God would put us back together? I feel like if I just move on with my life, that Im giving up on God and what he can do in that relationship in regards to fixing it, and I dont want God to think Im throwing in the towel on my believing that he can restore us--I know he can. Ive been praying for him to reveal his will to me in regard to this situation, but I am coming up empty--no answers. Its tuff living this close to her, and one part of me wants to move back home, 250 miles away. How do I know if its God's will for me to move? Ive been studying his word and praying almost non-stop daily, continually seeking him, seeking his kingdom, and and coming up empty in regards to what his will for my life is and how I should approach this situation. Move on with my life and pray that his will be done, or hang on to the hope and faith that he will restore us? What do you think?

Posts: 2 | From: Austin/Dallas, Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement