Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » What will heaven be like?

Author Topic: What will heaven be like?
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can envision the Song of Songs as metaphor for Heaven (as much as it describes love between a lover and beloved). A little taste from Song of Songs 2:10-13...

My lover spoke and said to me, "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me.

See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.

Flowers appear on earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.

The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.

Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me."
[angel3]

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikerica
Community Member
Member # 1499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikerica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I often wonder about that. All I care about is not having my flesh burned off and no more pain from my TMJ.

[clap2] [happyhappy] erica

--------------------
Mike and Erica

Posts: 16 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see how you can get whatever you want in Heaven, for the simple reason that any experience here on Earth pales in comparison to what Heaven will be like. Whatever we think Heaven will be like will seem like nothing compared to what it is when we get there. I hope this makes sense 'cause I'm really tired, and I tend not to make a lot of sense when I'm tired.

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambi
Advanced Member
Member # 544

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's a little taste of what i think it'll be like [Big Clap]

--------------------
Monday Morning

Brother's Keeper

Posts: 298 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambi
Advanced Member
Member # 544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[happy] [WOW] [Cool]

--------------------
Monday Morning

Brother's Keeper

Posts: 298 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambi
Advanced Member
Member # 544

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [Laugh] [Rolling] [Big Clap] [Smile] [Big Eyes] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Monday Morning

Brother's Keeper

Bambi
Advanced Member
Member # 544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -

--------------------
Monday Morning

Brother's Keeper

JefffreyLloyd
Advanced Member
Member # 1151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JefffreyLloyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a great book by Scott Hahn called, "the Lambs Supper."

--------------------
Vivat Jesus!

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, worlds without end. Amen.

Posts: 122 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MosesN'me
Advanced Member
Member # 242

Icon 14 posted      Profile for MosesN'me   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heaven is gonna be a bliss....
well i believe that what you want, you will get in heaven,like me i love iced tea with extra lemons, so i think there will be a water fall , flowing with iced tea and lemons and wen ever i want ome all i got to do is turn the corner ad thees another waterfall.

some one else might like arcade games, so there heaven might have all kinds of arcade games that they like....

[Big Clap] tyj!! [Big Clap]

--------------------
" Peace b With U "

visit site at www.amen2that.faithweb.com

Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Clap] [Smile] [Big Clap]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement