Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Forgiving...the death of a child...

Author Topic: Forgiving...the death of a child...
Fat Pastor
Advanced Member
Member # 890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Pastor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tanya,

I am so sorry to hear about the tough times you are currently going through. I am sure that this loss is devastating to you and your entire family. This tragedy was caused by one condition, the condition of sin. It was the sin of a man that caused the child to be murdered. A choice that he made to break God’s commandment and the Bible teaches us in Rom 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

As a result of one mans sin you are seeing death spread in your life and the life of others, you are experiencing unforgiveness, anger, resentment, worry, fear, lack of trust, etc. These are not things that God desires for you life, they are not the LIFE giving attributes of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23 says “22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control...” These are the Fruits of life. But the real questions are “How do I get there?” “How do I live again?”

Before I answer that let me first say that the Sovereignty of God is far greater than any tragedy or circumstance that we may go through. Yes, He is disappointed that this child has been murdered, but it has not thrown God off course. He is aware of the spiritual condition of everyone involved. And for certain, He wants to condemn no one, He wants everyone (including the murderer) to come to a saving knowledge of His Son Jesus Christ. Why? Because God is a God of Life, John 10:10 tells us “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” The enemy (the devil) comes to steal, kill and destroy us all, but Jesus gives us life. When we repent of our sins (death) Jesus forgives us and gives us life.

Now to answer my earlier questions. “How do I get there?” “How do I live again?” You get there by making a choice. We make a choice to serve God no matter what the circumstances. Our tendency as humans is to either blame God or blame man for our hardships. God doesn’t ask us to blame anyone, He ask us to forgive those who wrong us. Forgive even when we don’t understand what God is doing and forgive when things are not working out the way we think they should.

Forgiveness is a Godly thing and it brings life. When you choose to forgive you will find the peace and joy that you are searching for. That is why Jesus keeps forgiving us, because He wants us to experience peace and joy. Forgiveness stops the death that this murder has caused and forgiveness will bring life and hope back into your situation. Forgiveness will give you the Godly foundation you need to begin to rebuild your life.

I know that this is not an easy thing to live through and so does God, but I would be glad to show you in the scriptures how you can obtain this forgiveness if you will email me at discuss@internetpastors.com

God bless you Tanya, and we will all be praying for you at Internet Pastors.com. There is great hope to your circumsances and His Name is Jesus. [Cross]

--------------------
Blessings,

Fat Pastor
Internet Pastors.com

Posts: 22 | From: Northern Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tanya,
Let me say welcome to the board its nice to have you here with us. I am so sorry this has happened to your family. I will pray for all your needs and concerns.
God has a special place in His heart for all little children, but I cannot imagine the way He grieves over an innocent child who suffers at the hand of a parent.

John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." Ephesians 2:14, "For he himself is our peace."

Philippians 4:7, "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

If you have put your faith in Jesus Christ, He has said that He will be your peace. Even when things seem to be falling apart and there seems to be no hope, Jesus can make a way.

And if He doesn't bring you out of your circumstance for whatever reason-maybe you are supposed to learn from them; or He wants you to be more dependent on Him; or He is protecting you from something greater by letting you suffer now-your eternal promise is the greatest hope you can ask for. Keeping your eyes on the final prize will help to make your present circumstances melt away. James 1:2 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

If you have never placed your hope and trust in Jesus Christ, then your circumstances must seem overwhelming. Without the blessed hope of eternal life in heaven with Jesus, I don't how someone could survive this world. But, the good news is that life with Jesus and the promise of heaven is offered to you, too. You don't have to navigate through life's problems alone for one more moment.

Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." But, I John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." So, you can pray a prayer like this one, "Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. Please forgive me and come into my life as my Savior. I thank you for the promise that you will never leave me. And, thank you for the promise of heaven. Amen" Now, you need to begin to walk with Jesus daily. You do this by reading the Bible and praying. God will to reveal Himself to you and show you the ways He is working in your life each day. God bless you. It is sometimes difficult to understand why God would not instantly give us perfect lives. It is true that God allows us to go through some horrible things. In fact, some of the issues in our lives are allowed by God in order to strengthen our faith and dependence on God. James 1:2-3 says, “Count it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

You can use the trials you face to teach you more about God’s character as you surrender your life to Him. He will never allow something to pass through your life that you and He cannot handle together. The Bible says, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5b).

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanya
Community Member
Member # 991

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Tanya   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that we are suppose to be forgiving of others just as we are forgiven of our sins. However I am having great difficulty with this right now. You see, my 4 year old nephew was murdered in October of 2001 and I still haven't been able to forgive my sister whom moved him into the household to begin with. I am not sure if I'll ever be able to forgive my sisters (then) boyfriend for the death of my nephew, he was convicted last year and only got 35 years. On top of it, DCFS has given my sisters baby to this mans mother to raise, because he is the father of the child. I had offered to adopt that baby so he could be raised in a home that has two parents and somewhat of a normal life. My sister even said she would sign the papers so he was in a good home, the father will more than likely loose his parental rights. Which he should anyway because he wouldn't even sign the birth certificate. I would raise that baby as my own. It is NOT that babys fault who his parents are. I am angry at pretty much the whole world right now. I can go anywhere to get away from things because I am so paranoid about leaving my children, even with their father because I know accidents do happen. I know that if I left and even came home to a scratch or a knot on the head, I would flip. When I do go anywhere without my kids, I have attacks, I think they are anixety. I feel short of breath, my arms and legs get numb (sometimes my face) and I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. I am not doing so well here and I am really in need of some help. Anyone who could give me any advice, would be greatly appreciated.
Tanya

--------------------
"He hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captive and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are brused."

"Fear not, my child. My hands hold thee fast and thou art wrapped in abiding love."

Posts: 10 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement