Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » divorce/separation

Author Topic: divorce/separation
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bambi; patience and time and prayer. Prayer, lots of it. That is a persons greatest witness.I don't know all the circumstances, but each person has a different level of intolerance and ability to change. The ability to accept on Faith the Salvation of Jesus Christ. But perservere! stay the course, and wonderful things will happen.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 16 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bless you Bambi...I'll be praying for you. My special prayer concern is husbands who are not saved or not walking with the Lord and restoration!

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambi
Advanced Member
Member # 544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm i have read that verse also...but the thing is someone drinks and when they drink they get this attitude and think they know everything and can do everything and they put down the other person and cuss them and say all types of things about the others beliefs

two weeks before christmas the person got saved and bought another bible and said that they were gonna start going to church and stop the drinking...two weeks later they are in the same boat they were in before....

i don't know thanks for your opinon, i'm glad everything worked out alright for you [thumbsup]

--------------------
Monday Morning

Brother's Keeper

Posts: 298 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 19 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Malachi 2:16 For the Lord, the God of Israel, says: I hate divorce and marital separation and him who covers his garment [his wife] with violence. Therefore keep a watch upon your spirit [that it may be controlled by My Spirit], that you deal not treacherously and faithlessly [with your marriage mate].

God says He hates divorce. Also in 1 Corinthians 7:12 To the rest I declare--I, not the Lord [for Jesus did not discuss this]--that if any brother has a wife who does not believe [in Christ] and she consents to live with him, he should not leave or divorce her. 13And if any woman has an unbelieving husband and he consents to live with her, she should not leave or divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband is set apart (separated, withdrawn from heathen contamination, and affiliated with the Christian people) by union with his consecrated (set-apart) wife, and the unbelieving wife is set apart and separated through union with her consecrated husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean (unblessed heathen, [1] outside the Christian covenant), but as it is they are [2] prepared for God [pure and clean].

That is what happened in my marriage -- I stayed with my husband and now he is a believer, goes to church and it is great! Who knows what would have happened to him if I hadn't stayed with him.

It's a tough question however. There are many things involved such as is there abuse involved? Sometimes it is okay to separate for a season...with the intention to return.

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bambi
Advanced Member
Member # 544

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Bambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, i was just wondering what some of your thoughts on divorce/separation were [Question]

--------------------
Monday Morning

Brother's Keeper

Posts: 298 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement