Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Is Obama primed to be the leader who draws nations into the new world order?

Author Topic: Is Obama primed to be the leader who draws nations into the new world order?
Lineman
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I got ya....Jonestown.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
botham
Advanced Member
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for botham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The unfortunate cult members at Jonesville(look it up) drank coolaid laced with poison at the behest of Jones, their wicked leaded, and this has become a metaphor to describe easily swayed people who fall for charismatic leaders like say, Obama. As to the antichrist, I think he will be pursuasive at an extraordinary level, receiving the height of ability that can be exacted from principalities and powers, given only to the most evil and depraved. Only Christians, born of the spirit by the blood of the lamb, will truly know the great deception from the beginning. All nominal Christians who have refused the true faith, and of course all worldly individuals, will think the antichrist to be the man of peace that he will portray himself to be. By the time they see his true colors, it will be too late as he consolidates his position incrementally and seemingly miraculously. But Christians will see the sham from it's conception.
Posts: 103 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lineman
unregistered

Koolaid?
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally do not believe that the anti-Christ is Obama but he is paving the way for him.
We saw in the last election how many people all over the world are willing to drink the koolaid.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mathews
Advanced Member
Member # 7873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mathews     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it Obama go to a church.I did not understand much. I used to read only in Newspapers about Obama.
With love
mathews

--------------------
mathews

Posts: 23 | From: U A E | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeff d.
Member # 7615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff d.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BLESSINGS IN JESUS. yes i have eduardo but always look to GODS word ONLY FOR AN HONEST truth by the author himself THE WORD OF GOD THROUGH HIS SON JESUS. GENESIS AND THEN JOHN WHO CALLED JESUS THE WORD. ROME WAS IN POWER WHEN JOHN WROTE REVELATIONS. HE SAID THE BEAST (which are ungodly world powers)
WHICH IS NOT SO THE FUTURE BEAST CONNOT BE ROME.

Posts: 3 | From: san jose ca. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever consider the extent the Roman Empire affects each country that was colonized by the following countries: England, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Turkey (Ottoman), Austria-Tryol? Having put into thought about this question, Rome has captured all countries. There isn't a continent that wasn't colonized by a prior Roman sector. European Union has expanded beyound its borders by default. Look Up Romance Language and see that its culture and form of government is securly fixed into the worlds past. The anti-Christ can come out of any country that is commonwealth to the Mother.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lineman I agree....
quote:
In my opinion there has been an anti christ in the office for many years (decades)
quote:
What does one do about it?
we pray

Yahweh bless and keep you,
love in His Name
dale

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lineman
unregistered

In my opinion there has been an anti christ in the office for many years (decades). What does one do about it?

God Bless

jeff d.
Member # 7615

Icon 15 posted      Profile for jeff d.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 times in 1JN and 1 time in 2JN, does scripture talk about anti christ. (in the original Greek anti means to be against christ) those are the ONLY verses in the new testiment that relate DIRECTLY to anti christ. Simply put, the one who refuses to except Jesus is the anti christ as there are MANY in the world today. These were Johns own words. There were then as there are today and tomarrow non believers of Jesus. The beast of Johns time was Rome, But John wrote. THE BEAST THAT ONCE WAS BUT NOW IS NOT WILL COME AGAIN. Rome was in power when John wrote revelations. so the future beast is of the 5 before Rome. all muslim countries today. Again Blessings in Christ.
Posts: 3 | From: san jose ca. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeff d.
Member # 7615

Icon 15 posted      Profile for jeff d.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel calls the beasts, leopard-bear-lion- and then rev.13 again leopard-alexander the great or greece, when alexander died his 3 generals split the empier and settled in syria libia jordan. bear-medo persia iran & iraq, lion babylon all muslim countries who believe in a false god, with mohhammed as thier false prophet, all who are not sealed rev 13 the christians in muslim countries are being cut off and slaughtered every day for thier faith in CHRIST. inside the dome of the rock which stands on the wing of the temple where it does not belong, enscribed into the dome, it says. God forbid he have a son. even mohhammed knew Jesus to be the true son of the most high. so we have today a false god, a false prophet, a false religion with a beast that was mortally wounded. (battle of tuers france). since that defeat of the mohhammedan empire the muslims have been a poor people without a say in world politics until the 1950's, with the help of western countries, oil has revived the beast which has totally disrupted world peace with jehad. its all in the Bible. please look to the bible for intupetation and not what some man has written in a book. Blessings in Christ Jesus
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Obama is "The Antichrist" but he is a antichrist....

Definition of "Antichrist"

The name "Antichrist" has not appeared in Daniel or in the book of Revelation. The Bible uses the term only in John's writings (1 John 2:18, 2:22; 4:3; 2 John 7). Bible teachers are not agreed as to which of the prophetic characters should bear the title. The question, "Who is the Antichrist?" can be answered in different ways - indeed, the Bible says there are "many antichrists" (1 John 2:18).

The word Antichrist can be understood to mean either against Christ or instead of Christ. Several times it is used in the plural, and in such a way that it can be applied to almost anyone who is opposed to Christ. The common use of the name applies to the great antagonist of the last days, the world dictator, the final emperor. He is not only against Christ, but, to the Gentiles at least, he is instead of Christ. He is Satan's man on earth, receiving from Satan the dominion once refused by Christ (Revelation 13:2; Matthew 4:8-10). His impersonation of Christ includes some sort of a physical resurrection from death (Revelation 13:3, 12, 14). But whether we use the term "Antichrist" as describing this person or not, there will in any case be an individual who will fulfil the prophetical Scriptures relating to this "man of sin" or "lawless one." (2 Thessalonians 2:8-10)

THE IDENTITY OF THE POLITICAL BEAST (OR CALLED THE BEAST FROM THE SEA, THE GENTILE ANTICHRIST)

Read Revelation 13:1-10. The Political Beast rises out of the sea. The sea in Scripture is often a type of the Gentile nations (i.e. the restless nations of the world), so this may mean simply that he is a Gentile. Or the sea may refer to the Mediterranean area, where the Roman Empire centered. He has ten horns. Daniel predicted that the Roman Empire would be revived in a ten-kingdom form (Daniel 7:24).

Many powerful rulers have crossed the stage of human history. Genghis Khan, Nero, Stalin, Hitler - we recoil in horror at the memory of their ruthlessness. But the Bible teaches that the most wicked dictator of all is yet to appear. He may be living today, biding his time, waiting to manifest himself as the implacable foe of God. Jesus called the image he sets up in the Temple "the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet" (Matthew 24:15). Our Lord's reference was to Daniel 9:27, where it is recorded that the prince (Antichrist or called the Political Beast, the Beast from the Sea) that shall come will break his covenant with the Jews and reveal himself as an abominable perjurer, blasphemer and desolater of men. Paul describes him as "the son of perdition," "that Wicked," "Lawless one" (2 Thessalonians 2:3, 8).

THE CHARACTER OF THE POLITICAL BEAST

Consuming Pride

He will "exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god" (Daniel 11:36). This self-glorification will go so far that he will actually sit in the temple of God (2 Thessalonians 2:4). This is what the Lord Jesus had in mind when He said that the abomination would "stand in the holy place" (Matthew 24:15). In unrestrained conceit he will open his mouth in blasphemy against God. Daniel declared: He "shall speak great words against the most High" (Daniel 7:25). He "shall speak marvelous things against the God of gods" (Daniel 11:36); "he shall magnify himself above all" (Daniel 11:37). Paul describes him as the one "who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped..." (2 Thessalonians 2:4).

Arrogant Blasphemy

Antichrist will hate God. "And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies...And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven" (Revelation 13:5, 6). The God Himself - His Being, His attributes, His sanctuary and His redeemed in heaven will be teh objects of Antichrist's blasphemous, scornful diatribes.

Great Power

The greatest dictator the world has known, he will move triumphantly from the west into Palestine, "the glorious land," overcoming nations en route, and finally entering Jerusalem victoriously (Daniel 11:41-45). Continuing to exhibit astonishing might, he will demonstrate his martial prowess in a series of remarkable military exploits. Power "was given unto him...over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations" (Revelation 13:5, 7).

His Title "the Antichrist"

His very title summarizes his despicable vices. He will be anti, "opposed to," Christ in every conceivable area of character and conduct. The Lord Jesus represents righteousness, truth, purity and honor. This personality will be a man of sin, falsehood, vileness and dishonor. Christ was marked by self-denial. Antichrist will be a man of self-esteem and self-aggrandizement. Jesus came in humility, "to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10). This wicked man will strut in pomp across the stage, destroying, pillaging, murdering those who refuse to yield to his unruly will. He will also be anti, "seeking to supplant," the Lord Jesus Christ; for he will claim to be the Messiah.

THE EMPIRE OF THE POLITICAL BEAST

n the second chapter of Daniel we read that the emperor Nebuchadnezzar had a dream. Daniel the prophet interpreted it correctly. The lofty figure of a man which the king saw represented a series of successive world empires (read Daniel 2:28-45). In "the latter days" (Daniel 2:28) in the period of the feet and ten toes, a stone "cut out of the mountain without hands" (Daniel 2:34, 45) would smite and destroy the image. The reference is, of course, to our Lord's return for the battle of Armageddon (which we shall study in lesson 8). But the ten toes (see also the ten horns of Daniel 7:7, 8, 24) imply that in the last days ten federated nations, emerging out of the area of the ancient Roman Empire (the iron legs of Daniel 2:33, 40), will arise. Seen among these will be Antichrist, the "little horn" (Daniel 7:8), who will seize power by toppling three other rulers (Daniel 7:8) and will claim dominion over much of the area once controlled by Rome.

In simple words, the ancient Roman Empire will be revived as a ten-kingdom confederacy, covering most of Europe (Daniel 2; 7; Revelation 17). The nation of Israel, having rejected its Messiah, will embrace the grossest idolatry (i.e. accept the Antichrist as their Messiah), and its last state will become worse than its first (Matthew 12:43-45; John 5:43). And Christendom (that is, the mass of mere Christian profession) will have become utterly apostate (1 Timothy 4:1-3; Revelation 3:16, 17).

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how I feel about this.

I think that is is very possible, but I just don't see Ombama as charasmitic enough to really fit that role.

Maybe a pre-curser to the Anti-Christ not the ruler of the NWO.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh5rczhWn5w
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement