Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Christians 'Surrounded by Paganism'

Author Topic: Christians 'Surrounded by Paganism'
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. We have been living in a world that has long since been corrupted.

I live in Arkansas, and I think Ole' Huck, would be a great choice for president in 2012. He's a down to earth guy, and seems to have alot of great values.

When he took governers position in Arkansas, he had the bar removed from the governers mansion.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gingrich: Christians 'Surrounded by Paganism'

Monday, June 8, 2009

By: Jim Meyers

Christians in the U.S. today are "surrounded by paganism" and need to get involved in politics to preserve religion in American life, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich declared.

Gingrich spoke at a "Rediscovering God in America" forum at a church in Virginia Beach, Va., on Friday, and said: "I think this is one of the most critical moments in American history.

"We are living in a period where we are surrounded by paganism."

Gingrich and other speakers, including former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, pointed to the availability of abortion, the spread of gay rights, and attempts to remove religion from school history books as threats to Christian values.

Gingrich told the gathering that the ties to religion in American government date back to the Declaration of Independence, when Thomas Jefferson wrote that men are endowed by God with certain inalienable rights, The Virginian-Pilot's Web site HamptonRoads.com reported.

"I am not a citizen of the world," he said. "I am a citizen of the United States because only in the United States does citizenship start with our Creator."

Huckabee, who like Gingrich has been mentioned as a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, criticized President Barack Obama's statement in his Cairo speech last week that one nation should not be exalted over another.

"The notion that we are just one of many among equals is nonsense," he said, calling the U.S. a "blessed" nation.

He also said that California's approval of a measure overturning a state law legalizing same-sex marriage was "a miracle from God's hands."

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement