Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » WORLD WILL END NEXT TUES./WED.!!! 1/16-17 2007!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: WORLD WILL END NEXT TUES./WED.!!! 1/16-17 2007!!
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drew

Your post reminds me of this song:

There’s a blessed time that’s coming, coming soon (coming soon),
It may be evening, morning or at noon (or at noon),
The wedding of the bride, united with the Groom,
We shall see the King when He comes.
We shall see the King, We shall see the King,
We shall see the King when He comes;
He is coming in pow’r, we’ll hail the blessed hour,
We shall see the King when he comes.
Are you ready should the Savior call today? (call today)
Would Jesus say, “Well done” or “Go away”? (Go away)
My home is for the pure, the vile can never stay,
We shall see the King when He comes.
Refrain
Oh, my brother, are you ready for the call? (for the call)
To crown your Savior King and Lord of all? (Lord of all)
The kingdoms of this world shall soon before Him fall,
We shall see the king when He comes.
Refrain
Go back

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Parousia:
quote:
Originally posted by WKUHilltopper:
I have a prediction: Anything man predicts about what will happen to the world will never come to fruition.

I agree..and what do we have..many keep on predeicting the coming of the Lord..year after year..and do not realize what His word clearly says...He took care of the business already..We do not have to wait for a Kingdom to come..it is here....it has been here..HELLO temple of God..
The Lord is Coming, and every eye shall see and every tongue confess. He will ascend to the vacant Throne of David. He will rule with His saints for a thousand years. He will judge the nations.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parousia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WKUHilltopper:
I have a prediction: Anything man predicts about what will happen to the world will never come to fruition.

I agree..and what do we have..many keep on predeicting the coming of the Lord..year after year..and do not realize what His word clearly says...He took care of the business already..We do not have to wait for a Kingdom to come..it is here....it has been here..HELLO temple of God..
Posts: 68 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parousia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eva:
quote:
Parousia- I agree...and you really did not say anything that refuted anything I said..were basicaly on the same page..I just see Matthew 24 fulfilled while you do not
Parousia,
I think maybe you should reread Matt 24. I haven't seen Christ coming in the clouds yet and neither did the disciplies as he came from Mary in their time. Also read Matt 24:36. Not even Jesus or the angels knew when God would send him back to the Earth.

All this aside, our relationship with Christ is a personal one. If we really got Jesus's message, we are practicing love and forgiveness to all. When the Rapture or Tribulations occur is not the important thing. If we are living as if Christ was our next door neighbor and trying to win souls for him, then the rest is a mute point.
I have a personal belief of the Rapture ocurring soon, maybe in my lifetime and I am 61 yrs old. I personally don't plan to be here when the rest of the prophcies are fulfilled.

I read and study about the end times, but I don't worry about it. I think we should be spreading the story of God's love and mercy and trying to win souls for him. [Cross]

Your Sister In Christ,
Eva

Eva..I have read Matthew 24 many times..and I would like to point out a fact many people do not consider...The only bible the disciples had was the OLD TESTAMENT...and they as well as the first century Jew were very familiar with scripture..coming on or in the clouds was not a new language to the disciples..they heard this all before and they also understood what Jesus was refering too..We can read several passages where God came on the cloud..or a cloud..or in the clouds..none of these passages that dealt with the "clouds" were "physical"..the language is symbolism..spiritually speaking..and besides all that...What do you suppose Jesus is today?..is he physical?..Did he retain his flesh?Is he physically in heaven right now? The Bible anwsers this very clearly..as we read..God is a SPIRIT...{Jn 4:24]..it is impossible to see him with our human eyes..TODAY..Do you believe Jesus jumps in or out of the flesh when He wants or needs to?..I am being serious here..

If Jesus is literally sitting or standing on the right hand of God..let me tell ya...that is one giant hand.....I believe Jesus is..but How I believe that is possible..{he is at the right hand} is is speaking symbolically..right hand denotes power...authority...etc...but back to the discussion...

The disciples KNEW when Jesus came..{and he did}It was a spiritual coming..What did Jesus tell his disciples?..Did he say..and when you see the Son of man in heaven?...no..He said..when you see the SIGN...the SIGN Eva.. what SIGN would that be?..How will they KNOW Jesus is reigning in heaven?..the SIGN was when the Temple was destroyed..the old convenant passed...The New installed..Jesus now is the way...no more animal sacrafices..Jesus is now reigning as King of Kings..and the disciples SAW the SIGN..this is what Matthew 24 is all about..it is not about some generation 2000 yrs later..it was directed to the Jews...Matthew 23 points to Matthew 24..and it was all about bringing down the house..the Temple,Mosaic sytem..the LAw...Heaven and earth was destroyed..

I am very comfortable in my walk with God...I do not allow the news headlines to distort my thinking,CNN does not fulfill my Bible..it has been fulfilled according to Jesus..Jesus said..ALL is fulfilled..ALL is a small word that means everything..If I cannot go by the words of Jesus...I am in trouble..Let me give you some words Of Jesus to comfort you as well...

Matthew 5:17-18-Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Do you believe Heaven and Earth is passed? We better or else we are still under law..

Romans 8:3-4 -For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

If the law was fulfilled..and according to the above scriptures...it was..then we can rest..knowing..heaven and earth did pass [Smile]

Posts: 68 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eva
Member # 6468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Parousia- I agree...and you really did not say anything that refuted anything I said..were basicaly on the same page..I just see Matthew 24 fulfilled while you do not
Parousia,
I think maybe you should reread Matt 24. I haven't seen Christ coming in the clouds yet and neither did the disciplies as he came from Mary in their time. Also read Matt 24:36. Not even Jesus or the angels knew when God would send him back to the Earth.

All this aside, our relationship with Christ is a personal one. If we really got Jesus's message, we are practicing love and forgiveness to all. When the Rapture or Tribulations occur is not the important thing. If we are living as if Christ was our next door neighbor and trying to win souls for him, then the rest is a mute point.
I have a personal belief of the Rapture ocurring soon, maybe in my lifetime and I am 61 yrs old. I personally don't plan to be here when the rest of the prophcies are fulfilled.

I read and study about the end times, but I don't worry about it. I think we should be spreading the story of God's love and mercy and trying to win souls for him. [Cross]

Your Sister In Christ,
Eva

Posts: 6 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Originally posted by RICK COUCH:
Parousia
You made a statement in one of your posts that reminded me of something that Petter said so I looked it up. You said,
"Who said the earth will burn up?"
Petter did! 2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
There are a couple more refrances to this in this chapter so I have posted the entire chapter.

2Pe 3:1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2Pe 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Parosia I don't know where you came to the conclusions that you have concerning Eschatology but you seem to overlook allot that the Bible teaches to come to the conclusions that you have. I beleive that there are many posts that have been brought up to you that you seem to ignore just because you have your conclusions of what the Bible say's and who it was adressed to.

"The problem is we are reading 1st century writings with 21st century glasses on..and we want to automatically apply every scripture to us today when the truth is..if we read it from the mindset of living in the 1st century..its not hard to see or understand what was going on...in their day.."

From what I have understood of your veiw of escatology you beleive that the book of Revelation has been fulfilled right? If I am wrong concerning this I am sorry but in reading your posts this is just what I have understood you to beleive.
Here is a part of one of your post's to Rogg that has lead me to beleive this to be your veiw of Scripture.

"Rogg-First of all I can tell you what Revelation is..it is an epistle written by John to a audience that existed during his generation..

John was writing to the 7 churches which are in Asia..Rev 1:4..please tell me if I mis read that but it clearly says to whom it is written.I do not read where any other churches were on his mind as far as being in America,Russia,China or any other land.

I do also know not only did John have an audience He was writing to..but we are also told the things He wrote must "shortly come to pass"

I do not agree with you at all concerning your veiw of the book of Revelation being just epistals written by John to just the seven churches that they were adressed to.

"This is simply an epistle written by John to the seven churches who existed in the 1st century."

I am sure that you will not agree with me concerning this but I beleive that the GOD chose these seven churches in a way that only HE could do. John didn't chose which churches he would write to. I beleive that the book of Revalation is the most amazing book in the Bible.

The reason that I say this is because it is the only book in the Bible that I know of that JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF tells the writter, John Exactly what to write,
Rev 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

I have been taugt and believe that this particular verse is the key verse in the book of Revelation. I beleive that there are three sections to the book of Revelation.

I beleive that the things thou hast seen is in referance to what John was seeing in the first chapter verses 10-20 in particular.

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Rev 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
These verses describe what John heard and saw and I beleive this is what JESUS was speaking of when HE told John to,Write the things which thou hast seen.

I beleive that the things which are, spoken of in verce 19 is in referance to the things concerning the church which chapters 2-3. Chapters two and three are as I am sure you know already the letters to the churches, I beleive that these were actual churches that JESUS addresed, I also beleive they represent the entierty of the church. What I mean by that is that they reppresent the church from the start on the day of pentacost until JESUS calls HIS church home, and I don't beleive that the church has been called home yet. I beleive that Ephasus represents the begining of the church, just as it was the first church adressed and it was also the first church on the postal roght that these churches would have been on. Laodicia I beleive represents the church that will be in full swing when JESUS says COME UP HITHER just like he says to John in the first verse of chapter four.

Which takes us to the things which shall be hereafter, in the last part of verse 19 of chapter one. I beleive that the things which shall be hereafter represent chapters 4-22 of the book of Revelation. Which if we are still in the church age (which I beleive we are) then everything from chapters 4-22 are yet to happen. If you look at the first verse in the fourth chapter you will see the phrase,things which must be hereafter. Thisis the same phrase used in chapter one verse 19 when JESUS tells John to,write the things which shall be hereafter. I beleive everything from chapter four on are what will take place after JESUS calls HIS church out.

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter.
Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

I am sure that you have probablyheard all of thisbefore but I encourage you to study these things out for yourself I promise you will end up getting blessed you have GODSWORD on it, Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
What I understand about the book of Revalation is very minimal I don't have all the answers but I have been very much blessed by what HE has shown me as Ihave looked into this wounderfull book. I know from what you have said that you beleive that these letters were just epistals to these local churches in Asia.I disagree with you on this as you know and in the time that I did take to look into these letters I see them more as LOVE letters to HIS church.
There is a phrase that the LORD JESUS uses in each of these seven letters that I beleive covers the entierty of the church, He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; Do you have an ear? are you in the church? If yes then JESUS is compelling you to hear what HE is saying. See these letters have more than one application,
1. They were to local churches in Asia.
2. They I beleive have a prophetic application to the overall History of the Church.
3. They have aplication to our individual lives.

By the way you brought up the fact that John used the phrase "shortly come to pass" in the first verse of the Revelation. Petter adresses this in the same chapter that I posted above in,
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I hope this post is written in an understandable way and in the context that the LORD intended . I also hope even if you don't agree that my attempt at sharing what I beleive the LORD has taught me will be a blessing to anyone else that takes the time to read this.

Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

In JESUS name.

Rick..thanks for your concern and I appreciate it.However maybe you missed out where I also said that I "came out" of a Pre-Trib view and no longer believe it is biblical.Yes I do view the book of Revelation as well as the rest of the New Testament as history meaning..I am reading something that WAS written to someone else..That certainly does not mean I cannot open my Bible and still read scripture and apply it to my walk with God..I believe the Bible was written FOR me and not TO me..that is personally..I just have a copy of what WAS said to other people..Surely you can agree that the Old Testament is looked upon in the same way..you can read what DID happen to the children of Israel and still apply verses to your walk..The Psalms,Proverbs etc are encouragement to us today even though they were neither written to us directly..Do you understand?..There is nothing wrong or anything different about the NEw..Old or New Testament..you my friend are reading HIS-Story!!

As what you said I will now quote and reply

Rick said- Parousia
You made a statement in one of your posts that reminded me of something that Petter said so I looked it up. You said,
Petter did! 2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
There are a couple more refrances to this in this chapter so I have posted the entire chapter.

Yes Peter did...He also was writing to believers in the 1st Century prior to AD 70 and this is none other than a warning of the impending judgement coming to Jerusalem and her temple!!If you take this literal and force it to be literal..you have a problem....

Your saying Heaven and Earth will be LITERALLY be burned up or destroyed?

Matthew 5:17-18
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Now according to Jesus...not one jot or tittle will pass from the law..until heaven and earth pass..and according to you...heaven and earth is literal meaning this will oneday physically happen in the future?

According to Romans 8:3-4

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Now according to Romans..the law WAS fulfilled..Jesus fulfilled THE LAW!!!

So its either heaven and earth DID pass or Romans 8:3-4 is false?

Heaven and Earth..is not what WE think it is..it is what the Bible calls heaven and earth!!!I believe H&E is goverment..the Mosaic Law sytem that dominated every Jew..Jesus had to come and destroy the Temple or else it would have pulled in his very disciples...Acts 21 mentions Paul observing the law..and notice this is AFTER Calvary!!!!!!!The Temple was still standing..God used the Romans as his tool to come and destroy and burn up that city in 70 A D...God ended the Old Convenant..Law,Sacrafices etc and brought in the NEW CONVENANT...JESUS..the Temple today is Christ IN YOU!!!!!!! temple made without hands!!!

Rick said- Parosia I don't know where you came to the conclusions that you have concerning Eschatology but you seem to overlook allot that the Bible teaches to come to the conclusions that you have. I beleive that there are many posts that have been brought up to you that you seem to ignore just because you have your conclusions of what the Bible say's and who it was adressed to.

My conclusion came from the Bible sir!! Where does the scripture say that any of the epistles are written directly to me today?..they are written FOR me yes...lets not add or takeaway..by all means if you have scripture that says otherwise..then you my friend do not have a leg to stand on or judge me by and say I have come up with my "own"conclusions..I have scripture that tells me to whom what letter was written..The Gospels I believe are written FOR us as well..but the epistles do have an adress.Let me give you an example and see if you will still stay within your belief

1 Corinthians 15:6-After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

Unto THIS present? Is Paul telling YOU this personally..is THIS present 2007?.

Rick said-I do not agree with you at all concerning your veiw of the book of Revelation being just epistals written by John to just the seven churches that they were adressed to.

Maybe you have scripture that says otherwise?

Rick-I am sure that you will not agree with me concerning this but I beleive that the GOD chose these seven churches in a way that only HE could do. John didn't chose which churches he would write to. I beleive that the book of Revalation is the most amazing book in the Bible.

Your right..I do not agree..I agree John did not choose the churchs either..But we ARE told to whom He was writing too!!..perhaps you can offer insight to scripture I might be missing?

Rick-By the way you brought up the fact that John used the phrase "shortly come to pass" in the first verse of the Revelation. Petter adresses this in the same chapter that I posted above in,

So does this mean the 1,000 yr reign will be 1,000 days? ..your going literal again on me here

In all honesty nothing you have said is anything different than what I know or heard before..Your reading a 1st century Book with 21st century glasses on and you rely on CNN and the newspaper to fulfill and make scriptures fit into today..

Evil,sins and everything else that happens today has been happening since..and according to scripture..will continue!!!!nothing new under the sun..Have you ever read Ecc 1:4

One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

Your childeren and childrens children will grow old and live a life on this planet God created to go on forever..Nations may come and go but one thing for sure..God will always be..in fact His kingdom is a everlasting Kingdom!!!!

God Bless you..and please remember..I once was a pre tribber...till I realized what I was reading

To whom...the place.....the time...

If you can read scripture with this in mind then I believe you too can see it the way it was intended..it originally had an audience..there was once a time that these scriptures were hot off the press to the 1st century..We have taken scripture and removed it from its original setting and audience..The Bible was written for us..as a guide...to learn HIS-story..again..God Bless..

RICK COUCH
Member # 6333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RICK COUCH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parousia

2Pe 3:1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2Pe 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Parosia I don't know where you came to the conclusions that you have concerning Eschatology but you seem to overlook allot that the Bible teaches to come to the conclusions that you have. I beleive that there are many posts that have been brought up to you that you seem to ignore just because you have your conclusions of what the Bible say's and who it was adressed to.

"The problem is we are reading 1st century writings with 21st century glasses on..and we want to automatically apply every scripture to us today when the truth is..if we read it from the mindset of living in the 1st century..its not hard to see or understand what was going on...in their day.."

From what I have understood of your veiw of escatology you beleive that the book of Revelation has been fulfilled right? If I am wrong concerning this I am sorry but in reading your posts this is just what I have understood you to beleive.
Here is a part of one of your post's to Rogg that has lead me to beleive this to be your veiw of Scripture.

"Rogg-First of all I can tell you what Revelation is..it is an epistle written by John to a audience that existed during his generation..

John was writing to the 7 churches which are in Asia..Rev 1:4..please tell me if I mis read that but it clearly says to whom it is written.I do not read where any other churches were on his mind as far as being in America,Russia,China or any other land.

I do also know not only did John have an audience He was writing to..but we are also told the things He wrote must "shortly come to pass"

I do not agree with you at all concerning your veiw of the book of Revelation being just epistals written by John to just the seven churches that they were adressed to.

"This is simply an epistle written by John to the seven churches who existed in the 1st century."

I am sure that you will not agree with me concerning this but I beleive that the GOD chose these seven churches in a way that only HE could do. John didn't chose which churches he would write to. I beleive that the book of Revalation is the most amazing book in the Bible.

The reason that I say this is because it is the only book in the Bible that I know of that JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF tells the writter, John Exactly what to write,

I have been taugt and believe that this particular verse is the key verse in the book of Revelation. I beleive that there are three sections to the book of Revelation.

I beleive that the things thou hast seen is in referance to what John was seeing in the first chapter verses 10-20 in particular.

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
These verses describe what John heard and saw and I beleive this is what JESUS was speaking of when HE told John to,Write the things which thou hast seen.

I beleive that the things which are, spoken of in verce 19 is in referance to the things concerning the church which chapters 2-3. Chapters two and three are as I am sure you know already the letters to the churches, I beleive that these were actual churches that JESUS addresed, I also beleive they represent the entierty of the church. What I mean by that is that they reppresent the church from the start on the day of pentacost until JESUS calls HIS church home, and I don't beleive that the church has been called home yet. I beleive that Ephasus represents the begining of the church, just as it was the first church adressed and it was also the first church on the postal roght that these churches would have been on. Laodicia I beleive represents the church that will be in full swing when JESUS says COME UP HITHER just like he says to John in the first verse of chapter four.

Which takes us to the things which shall be hereafter, in the last part of verse 19 of chapter one. I beleive that the things which shall be hereafter represent chapters 4-22 of the book of Revelation. Which if we are still in the church age (which I beleive we are) then everything from chapters 4-22 are yet to happen. If you look at the first verse in the fourth chapter you will see the phrase,things which must be hereafter. Thisis the same phrase used in chapter one verse 19 when JESUS tells John to,write the things which shall be hereafter. I beleive everything from chapter four on are what will take place after JESUS calls HIS church out.

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter.
Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

I am sure that you have probablyheard all of thisbefore but I encourage you to study these things out for yourself I promise you will end up getting blessed you have GODSWORD on it, Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
What I understand about the book of Revalation is very minimal I don't have all the answers but I have been very much blessed by what HE has shown me as Ihave looked into this wounderfull book. I know from what you have said that you beleive that these letters were just epistals to these local churches in Asia.I disagree with you on this as you know and in the time that I did take to look into these letters I see them more as LOVE letters to HIS church.
There is a phrase that the LORD JESUS uses in each of these seven letters that I beleive covers the entierty of the church, He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; Do you have an ear? are you in the church? If yes then JESUS is compelling you to hear what HE is saying. See these letters have more than one application,
1. They were to local churches in Asia.
2. They I beleive have a prophetic application to the overall History of the Church.
3. They have aplication to our individual lives.

By the way you brought up the fact that John used the phrase "shortly come to pass" in the first verse of the Revelation. Petter adresses this in the same chapter that I posted above in,

I hope this post is written in an understandable way and in the context that the LORD intended . I also hope even if you don't agree that my attempt at sharing what I beleive the LORD has taught me will be a blessing to anyone else that takes the time to read this.

Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

In JESUS name.

Posts: 6 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I know is people are still crying and the New Jerusalem is still in Heaven.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
When has this happened?

Rev 21:1
NOW I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2
Then I, John,* saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3
And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
Rev 21:4
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
--------------
by closing your eyes to the truth, you are refusing to see there is so much that God has for the Church in the future.
betty

I have anwsered this..it was not the anwser you liked even though I gave you scripture [Smile]
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

When has this happened?

Rev 21:1
NOW I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2
Then I, John,* saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3
And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
Rev 21:4
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
--------------
by closing your eyes to the truth, you are refusing to see there is so much that God has for the Church in the future.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
but what you do not see, is the Bible also tells what is going to happen in the future.
betty

Jesus said it all..Luke 24:44

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

ALL is a small word that means everything..Jesus said ALL..as in ALL power given unto me..also as in ALL temperture Cheer..

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

but what you do not see, is the Bible also tells what is going to happen in the future.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Originally posted by Rogg:
Isn't it amazing something written 2000 years ago, speaks to us today.
The Lord truly is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

Amen

Amen and it tells us what did happen and I am even more confident in the scriptures I read KNOWING..Jesus told the truth!!
Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it amazing something written 2000 years ago, speaks to us today.
The Lord truly is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

Amen

Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
As you know the Apostles wer not raptured out. They did not live in the last days, we do. The reason Jesus did not ask His Father to allow Him to take the apostles to Heaven with Him, when He left was because there was much work for the Apostles to do on earth. Until the age of the Gentiles are up, the Church will still be here but once God says that it is finished for the Gentiles, then Jesus will indeed call the Church up to Heaven in the rapture.

The Comfort of Christ's Coming
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who *sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

I do not want to be left behind. The Church will be raptured to Heaven the unsaved will be left behind to go through the tribulation.

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1Th 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.

9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

If you are a Christian you will not be left behind. You will go up in the rapture. During the triublation, we will be at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

Why do you refuse to talk to your Pastor. Are you afraid to hear the truth?
betty

What? According to Pre tribbers Betty..The apostles mainly Paul HOPED for the rapture..you just quoted 1 thess 4:13-18..a very popular pre trib verse...now you cannot have it both ways..

I read this as Paul speaking to the church in thessalonia speaking to them..not to someone 2000 yrs away..Why do you insist Paul is directly writing to you?..incredible...

Betty you said the apostles did not live in the last days?...It is quite evident the writer of Hebrews most certainly thought that THEY were living in the [last days]..

Hebrews 1:1-2- God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

When did God speak? [these last days] Betty..are you willing to say if today are the last days..then Jesus was just recently on this earth?

The writer of Hebrews thought THEY WERE in the last days...and according to scripture..they were..only thing is..the last days are not what you and the pre trib world thinks they are..

1 John 2:18- Little children, it is the [last time:] and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

How did John know it was the last days?..because of the many Antichrists in HIS day!!!!

1 Peter 1:20- Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Was Jesus made manifest in the 20th century?..course not...

More could be said..but I think scripture proves the apostles indeed lived in the "last days"

Why am I afraid to speak to my Pastor?..Who said I was afraid????..lol...where did that come from..? I know in my heart escathology is NOT a salvational issue and if and when the subject comes up with him I would be more than glad to discuss the scriptures with him but to this day..it has never been brought up..If he gets up and preaches..Jesus is coming..I would say..amen...and keep on keeping on..I would not allow that issue to come between him or me or any of my brethren at church..I do believe in more than just escathology my dear Betty..I just do not go around preaching..Oh I believe Jesus has come...yada yada yada..I was not told to go and do this..rather to go and make disciples..get their soul saved...invite people to church.etc etc...and etc..I catch em and He will clean em...amen?..standards,escathology,trinity,whatever..comes later..and God will reveal to hungry hearts..got to keep the main thing the "main thing"..

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Christ on a White Horse
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He *had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in *fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a *sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
The Beast and His Armies Defeated
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather together for the *supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, *free and slave, both small and great."
19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

--------------

14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in *fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.

This will be the Church the Bride of Christ who will return to earth with Jesus, at His Second coming. Why does it mention clothed in fine linen, white and clean? It is because the Bride will be clothed in the righteouness of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Bible says that the Bride of Christ will be with out spot or wrinkle. This will be after the Marriage Supper when we will be married to Jesus.
The Church will be the Bride of Christ. Jesus will be coming to earth to defeat the anti-Christ and his armies.
betty

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of *sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits *as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

This is speaking of the anti-Christ. He will be revealed and come into power before the Second Coming. Most Bible Scholars believe He will come into power after the rapture when the Holy Spirit which is the Restrainer leaves the earth in the Hearts of the Church. The Holy Spirit will still be on the earth but not in the same way He is now in the hearts of Christians.
betty

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

As you know the Apostles wer not raptured out. They did not live in the last days, we do. The reason Jesus did not ask His Father to allow Him to take the apostles to Heaven with Him, when He left was because there was much work for the Apostles to do on earth. Until the age of the Gentiles are up, the Church will still be here but once God says that it is finished for the Gentiles, then Jesus will indeed call the Church up to Heaven in the rapture.

The Comfort of Christ's Coming
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who *sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

I do not want to be left behind. The Church will be raptured to Heaven the unsaved will be left behind to go through the tribulation.

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1Th 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.

9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

If you are a Christian you will not be left behind. You will go up in the rapture. During the triublation, we will be at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

Why do you refuse to talk to your Pastor. Are you afraid to hear the truth?
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
It is funny because my Bible teaches the rapture, the tribulation and in it are the many things that have not taken place and will take place during the tribulation, the second coming, and the millenium.
betty

The Bible also teaches us that Jesus prayed for his disciples to stay put and not be raptured..

John 17:15

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Matthew 13:24-30 Parable of of the Tares..Jesus goes on to speak about 2 more parables but I read where in Matthew 13:36 the disciples wanted to know about of all the parables he just explained..===the parable of the tares=====why this one?

Jesus goes on to explain it begining in verse 37 and ends in 43

He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Have you noticed who was removed?..it was the TARES..the wicked..and not the church...

49-So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just...

End of the world as we know it?..no...end of the JEWISH AGE...end of the Mosiac system..the law..as long as the Temple stood..the law stood..you can go as far as Acts 21 and still see some still observing the law..and this is AFTER Calvary..The Temple had to be destroyed or else it would have pulled in the very disciples and the church..and in fact many fell back into the law after becoming christians..Paul fought this back and forth...and we are told by John that some departed and fell back and even denied Christ..and please notice what John called these people...1 John 2:18-19

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

This is the ONLY book in the bible that mentions the word Antichrist..and John said there were MANY and it IS the last time..and this was 2000 yrs ago....

How about the parable about the Days of Noah..noticed it says the floods came and destroyed them all..We know Noah was saved..He belived the message..Lot was saved..he believed the message and took heed to the warning..what is being said here? only people left behind are the righteous..I want to be left behind!!!!because as scripture says..the wicked are removed..

Proverbs 10:30-The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.

Ecc 1:4-One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

Who said the earth will burn up?

This is all in our Bibles !!!!!!

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

It is funny because my Bible teaches the rapture, the tribulation and in it are the many things that have not taken place and will take place during the tribulation, the second coming, and the millenium.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
My daughter lives in Texas and I live in Washington State. So you came up with your beliefs without any instruction from anybody, that is kind of dangerous.
betty

The B.I.B.L.E....all we need to know.No need for a diploma..a college degree..its right here and easy to read in black and white and in red [Smile] and its availible to everyone..No one has the edge or special permission needed.
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

My daughter lives in Texas and I live in Washington State. So you came up with your beliefs without any instruction from anybody, that is kind of dangerous.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
My daughter said it sounded like you were going to what she called a Church outside the UP and kind of doing their own thing. Anyway if the Bible was completely done Jesus would be ruling His Kingdom on earth and the devil would be in the bottomless pit.
betty

LOL..She must live with you..you anwsered fast..hehee..Yes we are outside the UPC..and no we do not do our"own thing" you can tell your daughter my pastor has standards..and I thought I made myself clear..that the church I attend DOES NOT agree with my escathological beliefs so please do not think that..I never discussed my belief with him personally..more and likely He would be a post tribber since most upc believe like that
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

My daughter said it sounded like you were going to what she called a Church outside the UP and kind of doing their own thing. Anyway if the Bible was completely done Jesus would be ruling His Kingdom on earth and the devil would be in the bottomless pit.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
how can you say you don't play on other's street, to me, when you will not watch the sermons I gave you a link to. You won't even say what Church you go to. So who is the secretive one.
As far me. I have taken studies from the Assembly of God, Southern Baptist and Swedish Baptist and so I have been able to go outside my own street to study prophecy. Have you ever studied a prophecy class that was not at your Church. Like I said my daughter goes to the United Penticostal Church and they also believe in prohecy.
so what Church doesn't?
betty

Dear Betty..I once was a pre tribber..I once believed like you do now..I have moved on..that should make it clear why I do not care to listen to videos that teach a pre trib rapture..

By going to another church means I will learn something different?...no..never done this nor desire too..doesn matter if they are Baptist,Methodist,AOG..UPC..you can find a pre trib believer in all groups..you can find a post tribber in all those groups..and you can even find those of what I believe in ANY of those groups..What I believe is nothing new..its been around a long long time..Your pre trib view can be traced back to the 1800's and it stops..John Darby..Ok..I am aboout to reveal to you what church I go to..even though you did not make it clear what kind you attend..if I were to guess...you are a Baptist?

I am Independant Apostolic...I once was a UPC years ago..I attend a apostolic church today..Do they believe in what I believe as far as the end times go?...no mam..do they have to?...no mam..Do I have to agree with what my pastor believes on the end times?....no..Will your daughter agree with my end time views..absolutely not..are there any UPCers who do?....yes..I know some..there are many people who believe the scriptures are fulfilled and you will find them all denominations...Not all denominations believe alike..they all may hold a a basic doctrine on salvation but it can and will vary on the subject of eschatology

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

how can you say you don't play on other's street, to me, when you will not watch the sermons I gave you a link to. You won't even say what Church you go to. So who is the secretive one.
As far me. I have taken studies from the Assembly of God, Southern Baptist and Swedish Baptist and so I have been able to go outside my own street to study prophecy. Have you ever studied a prophecy class that was not at your Church. Like I said my daughter goes to the United Penticostal Church and they also believe in prohecy.
so what Church doesn't?
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
When did this happen?

Heaven Exults over Babylon
After these things I *heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, "Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belong to *the Lord our God! 2 For true and righteous are His judgments, because He has judged the great harlot who corrupted the earth with her fornication; and He has avenged on her the blood of His servants shed by her." 3 Again they said, "Alleluia! Her smoke rises up forever and ever!" 4 And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sat on the throne, saying, "Amen! Alleluia!" 5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both* small and great!"
6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, "Alleluia! For the* Lord God Omnipotent reigns! 7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready." 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
9 Then he said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!'" And he said to me, "These are the true sayings of God." 10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
Christ on a White Horse
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He *had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in *fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a *sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather together for the *supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, *free and slave, both small and great."
19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

Grandma Betty..I am sure your the nicest person I could ever hope to meet..however you only play with the kids on your street.You do not play fair and I guess for now on I will play with the kids in my own neigborhood..lol..You like asking the questions but you sure hate anwsering the ones I ask.I have anwsered you several times it just the anwser you dont want to hear or believe and that is fine.My curfew is at 8:00..gtg
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Parousia, When did a great mountain burning with fire strike the earth within the last 2000 years?
When was 1/3 of the earth burned up?
Surly a major event such as that would have been recorded in history, scientists would see evidence of such a major event, but they don't, because it hasn't happened yet.
Jesus is timeless and so is the word of God, the Lord can write and speak to a generation thousands of years from when the text was written. He is that powerful. God is at the beginning and the end of creation simultaneously.
These things are not important in many respects, but what is important is being religious or being led by the Holy Spirit of God.

It is all too obvious to see.

I believe I gave you the anwser..might not be the one you like or agree too..but I did anwser
and btw
Do you take every single scripture literal?

Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parousia, When did a great mountain burning with fire strike the earth within the last 2000 years?
When was 1/3 of the earth burned up?
Surly a major event such as that would have been recorded in history, scientists would see evidence of such a major event, but they don't, because it hasn't happened yet.
Jesus is timeless and so is the word of God, the Lord can write and speak to a generation thousands of years from when the text was written. He is that powerful. God is at the beginning and the end of creation simultaneously.
These things are not important in many respects, but what is important is being religious or being led by the Holy Spirit of God.

It is all too obvious to see.

Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

When did this happen?

Heaven Exults over Babylon
After these things I *heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, "Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belong to *the Lord our God! 2 For true and righteous are His judgments, because He has judged the great harlot who corrupted the earth with her fornication; and He has avenged on her the blood of His servants shed by her." 3 Again they said, "Alleluia! Her smoke rises up forever and ever!" 4 And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sat on the throne, saying, "Amen! Alleluia!" 5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying, "Praise our God, all you His servants and those who fear Him, both* small and great!"
6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, "Alleluia! For the* Lord God Omnipotent reigns! 7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready." 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
9 Then he said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!'" And he said to me, "These are the true sayings of God." 10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
Christ on a White Horse

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

You do not see the truth. The truth is there is much of the book of Revelations that has not taken place. It will not be finished until Jesus is seating on His throne in Jerusalem ruling the world.
You are the one that is blind to the truth.
You refuse to listen to any Bible studies out side of your own beliefs.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
yes you can include your self in that greeting. For Paul writtings was inspired by the Holy Spirit and are revelant to us as well as to Rome. Just as John 3:16 speaks to us today as well as days of old.
There are so many things in the Bible that have not be fulfilled like the rapture and the second coming.
We are standing on the thresh hold of seeing the rest of the Bible played out. Any day the trumpet could sound for the Church to meet Jesus in the air and the begining of the tribulation to start.
betty

Betty..you did anwser some but left out the part about Matthew 23..We were discussing the Bible written directly to us and if thats the case..

Are all the woes and me being a two fold child of hell apply to me?

I dont believe you believe it like that either.. [Smile] ..see..not every scripture is written directly to us...but FOR us...

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Revelation 13:16-17
16.He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17.and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 8:8-11
8.Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood.
9.And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
10.Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water.
11.The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

Parousia can you tell me when these events occurred in history? Or do you explain it away as meaning something else entirely from what is says?

Rogg-First of all I can tell you what Revelation is..it is an epistle written by John to a audience that existed during his generation..

revelation does not mention the "antichrist" ANYWHERE neither does it mention that there must be a 3rd temple rebuilt.

I John 2 does mention "antichrists" in fact we are told there were MANY antichrists and it WAS the last time...this was occuring in Johns day..same writer of revelation btw..If we would just read the Bible for what it say and stop believing radio preachers and buying into all the hype about a future doom and gloom..not gonna happen..CNN or my newspaper does not rattle my thinking,a Tsumani..a Katrina does not either..We have always had world disasters,famines,poor,and evil people and according to scripture..Ecc 1:4..it will so continue over and over..We are called to a Kingdom that came not with observation..and that it is within men..we were never promised to get saved and be vaccumed off this earth while living our life below..When I read my Bible..the scriptures says..behold..the tabernacle of God is WITH MEN...where are the men?..on the earth..and I notice in Rev 21...the Holy city CAME DOWN..The Kingdom of God is on this earth..Jesus reigns in the heart of men..I am told I am set in heavenly places..why must I wait for a kingdom to come when it already has?

I am enjoying the Kingdom and today I realize who I am with Christ..I will never die..I have eternal life TODAY..and when He decides my time is up on this earth..then..I will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air..and ever be with the Lord..

The Bible never teaches about a one man show called the Antichrist..it mentions plural and John said they were alive and well in his day.

2 Thess 2:6...Paul telling the church in Thess...NOW YE KNOW...what withholdeth...whatever or whoever the restrainer is or was..one thing for sure..the church KNEW and it was going on in THEIR DAY...please read 2 thess 2:6..and correct me if I misread..but according to that..they understood and knew..and this was 2000 yrs ago. The problem is we are reading 1st century writings with 21st century glasses on..and we want to automatically apply every scripture to us today when the truth is..if we read it from the mindset of living in the 1st century..its not hard to see or understand what was going on...in their day..

Personally I know this truth hurts,hard to grasp and hard to understand...I been there...I do not feel my "hope"is gone..in fact I am ever more encouraged that scripture is true and fulfilled..I know when I read something..it is the truth without a doubt and I can believe ever but of 100%..As I told Betty..I do not have all the anwsers..but what I do have are called time text indicators..and having those and reading scripture with a first century mind..I find comfort and enjoyment in the scriptures..and I do not have to have EVERY question anwsered to fine detial in order for me to enjoy my salvation.

Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Revelation 13:16-17
16.He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17.and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 8:8-11
8.Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood.
9.And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
10.Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water.
11.The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

Parousia can you tell me when these events occurred in history? Or do you explain it away as meaning something else entirely from what is says?

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

yes you can include your self in that greeting. For Paul writtings was inspired by the Holy Spirit and are revelant to us as well as to Rome. Just as John 3:16 speaks to us today as well as days of old.
There are so many things in the Bible that have not be fulfilled like the rapture and the second coming.
We are standing on the thresh hold of seeing the rest of the Bible played out. Any day the trumpet could sound for the Church to meet Jesus in the air and the begining of the tribulation to start.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
When did the stuff happen that appears in Revelations 8 & 9?
betty
the reason I suggested you listen to the sermons because you can learn more from teachers and preachers then from me. Are you afraid if you listen to the sermons that you won't be so sure of what you believe. Do you believe John 3:16 and 17 are written directly to us today?
Do you believe any of the Bible is written directly to us?
betty

Betty..what we have in Revelation are called time texts..Scriptures that indicate when something happens..As I have stated off and on..Rev 1:4

John to the seven churches which are in Asia:

John was writing to churches..revelation is a epistle..a letter written by John TO THOSE seven churches..He mentioned in Rev 1:1

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass;

Shortly means shortly..I do not believe it means to stretch it out over 2000 yrs..and besides why would John be writing to seven churches warning them things that would take place 2000 yrs later..I mean seriously..what concern could they possibly have?

Revelation is also full of imagery and symbolics and I do not believe [all of it] is spiritual but for the most part it is.....

Rev. 22:6, 7, "And he said to me, "These words are faithful and true"; ... the things which must soon take place. "And behold, I am coming quickly.... Rev. 22:10, 12, And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. Rev. 22:20, He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly," Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Time text..indicators..John was writing to the churches warning them of the coming judgement and destruction of Jerusalem..I believe this happened within that 40 yr generation from Calvary..I will be the first to admit..I may not have all the anwsers but what I do have in Revelation are the time indicators..and I believe they meant what was said..shortly come to pass...I am coming quickly..etc...

John 3:16..Yes I believe John 3:16-17..was written FOR us..not directly to me personally..

No..I do not believe any of the scriptures are written TO me..but for me to read..

No..I am not afraid to listen to sermons about the "end times"I have stated I came out from "that"belief system therefore there is nothing they could say that I have not heard..

To say the Bible was written directly to us is contradiction ..for example..

Are all the woes of Matthew 23 refering to me?
Am I a two fold child of hell?

Romans 1:7 - To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Should I include myself in this greeting?

Doesnt make sense..Paul is speaking to a certain group..and I just happen to read what He wrote to them How is that so hard to believe?

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

When did the stuff happen that appears in Revelations 8 & 9?
betty
the reason I suggested you listen to the sermons because you can learn more from teachers and preachers then from me. Are you afraid if you listen to the sermons that you won't be so sure of what you believe. Do you believe John 3:16 and 17 are written directly to us today?
Do you believe any of the Bible is written directly to us?
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
That would be to say the rest of the Books in the Bible were only for the intended recipients at the time it was written, and none of the Bible is written for us today.

This generation, meaning the generation Jesus was speaking about Matthew 24.

rogg..I believe this Bible was written FOR us and not TO us directly..We read what was written to someone else and I believe we can apply scripture to help us in our walk today or else why God preserved it for us to go by today! How do we look at the Old Testament today? Can you honestly say the OT was written TO us?I believe it was written FOR us..we have example to go by and I believe the same can be said about the NT
Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Time is relative to God. God can be at in the present at any era of time He wants. If for instance He wanted to walk in the Garden Eden with Adam, He could. Only man is restricted by time. In the Book of Revelations, John was taken into Heaven were he was able to witness things that have not happened even for today. If you do a study on the book of The Revelations, you will see so much that has not happened yet.

Matthew 24 is not for the about the time of the disciples but for us today. It is unfortunate that you cannot see that there is still Bible prophecy for today, but there is.
By closing your mind to the prophecies that have not been fulfilled, you are missing a good part of the Bible. That is sad for you. I ask you for your own sake to begin to do studies on the end times and you will see that we are indeed living in the last days.
We are a blessed generation, for our generation will see the rapture and the second coming of Jesus.
betty

I wanted to respond what Grandma said..and here I quote her

Matthew 24 is not for the about the time of the disciples but for us today. It is unfortunate that you cannot see that there is still Bible prophecy for today, but there is.

Matthew 24:1-3-And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

I read where the DISCIPLES came to him privately and said..TELL US..what shall theses things be and what shall be the SIGN of thy coming...I believe scripture declares who was the audience and who was asking the questions.

I will point out personal pronouns in Matt 24

matt 24:4-no man decieve YOU...
matt 24:6-YE shall hear......
matt 24:9 shall deliver YOU....
matt 24:15- when YE shall see......
matt 24:20 pray that YOUR flight.... matt24:25..behold..I have told YOU
matt 24:33- so,likewise YE...
matt 24:34-Verily I say unto YOU...
matt24:42-Watch therefore for YE know not
matt24:44-for such an hour YE think not...
matt24:47-Verily i say unto YOU...

Unfortunately we want to take the personal pronouns and apply them to us today when the truth is..Jesus was speaking to THE DISCIPLEs and warning THEM what to expect..

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
so you will not go and watch. There is no so blind as those who refuse to learn. If you read the Book of Revelations you will see there is so much that has not happened. I am not telling you what to think all I am saying is watch the sermons and see if you learn something. I watch sermons every week so that God can teach me new stuff.
betty

Now that would not be fair...I have asked several times for you to respond to me with scriptures and you have not done so..and you want me to go and listen to something that I came out from?..I once held to your view..at first I was a "pre trib" then I moved on to a "pre wrath"..after careful study and review I realized what I was reading..I was reading something that was spoken to somebody else....

A any moment coming Of Jesus is evident in the scriptures..however..when you read the scriptures from a 1st century mind it is easy to see how they expected Jesus to return in their lifetime..and as you read different passages it is easy to see the original church lived as though He would come "any moment" now before you brand me as a heretic there are scriptures that have to be dealt with and many blow them off and want to believe something opposite than what they say for example

Matthew 16:27-28

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Some standing HERE..which will NOT die..until..they SEE..the Son of man coming..

Now lets be honest here..Do we have any of the original apostles alive and with us today?

Do you see what I am saying?..either scripture is true or we have contradiction...

Matthew 26:62-65

And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?

63 But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Did the high priest see this come to pass?Did He see Jesus come in clouds? It is either He did or Jesus was a false prophet...This is how Israel knew how to tell a true Prophet

Deut 18:22

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.

Why did he tear his clothes?..Could it be that Caiphas knew what Jesus was claiming? Jesus was refering to Daniel 7:13

saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

We have to remember..the only "bible"those jews had was the torah..and they were very familiar with scripture...

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

so you will not go and watch. There is no so blind as those who refuse to learn. If you read the Book of Revelations you will see there is so much that has not happened. I am not telling you what to think all I am saying is watch the sermons and see if you learn something. I watch sermons every week so that God can teach me new stuff.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Things are going to get bad. I admit I pray all the time for Jesus to come before America is judged for all her sins.
betty

Things are going to get bad?..You do realize there is nothing new under the sun?You do realize Jesus told his disciples that THEY would see the increase of lawlessness in THEIR DAY?

Matthew 24:12
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Paul warned Timothy what TIMOTHY WOULD SEE

2 Tim 3

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

This happened in THEIR DAY!!!!!!! they saw ALL this happen..this has been goin on since and people think kids hating parents is new?..

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Parousia,

Have you gone to the link and listen to the Sermons on the end times? I challange you to do so with an open heart.
betty

--------------------

Parousia
Advanced Member
Member # 6448

quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Dear Paruosia,

Yeshua was talking to the scribes, Pharisees, Sadusees in Matt 23. He spoke of the destruction of the temple which did happen in 70AD. All that would remain for those religous leaders would be an empty system of relgion without its temple and sacrifices. BUT,

Parousia-I agree...

Yeshua voices a note of hope in verse 39-
As he looks forward to the future toward His glorious return, when He will then be recognized as King by the Jews and will rule and reign from Jerusalem for 1000 years. (Read Zach 12:10 and chapter 13)

Notice verse 39 of Matt 23 says that they will not see Him again until they say Blessed is He who come in the name of the Lord. They do not SEE Him first and then say it, they say it first and then He comes. Something must happen to change their mind about Yeshua as being just a prophet, but they will, in the future accept Him as a Nation and will cry out to Him and then the end will come.

Now, chapter 24 of Matt deals with the signs of the end times and the End of the age just before His return.

Parousia-End of what age?..JEWISH AGE...

The diciples asked Yeshua in verse 3 "what will be the Sign of Your Coming? Now why would they ask Him that? He was already there speaking with them, He had not yet been crucified, and still they wanted to know what the sighn of His RETURN would be.

Parousia-Yes..they wanted to know the singular SIGN..not signs

Then Yeshua tells them of the signs but look at verse 13 and 14.

"But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And the gospel of the kingdom Will be preached in ALL the world as a witness to ALL the Nations and then the end will come.

Parousia-According to Paul..the gospel WAS preached in all the world..Col 1:6,23

Matt 24 speaks of the future great Tribulation, and the Return or coming back of the Son Of Man Yeshua.

Now you mentioned Peter as having addressed the pilgrims of the diaspora in 1Peter 1. Also look at James greeting in James 1:1

It is addressed to the 12 tribes of Israel which are scattered abroad. The gospel was still going out to the Jewish people. The gospel is to ALL Nations. The gospel was never intended not to be preached to the Jew then or Now.

Parousia-correct..the gospel WAS preached..to all nations..already happened..Col 1:23

Rev 1:7

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and EVERY EYE will see Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. (this has not happened yet)

Parousia- you left out..those that pierced him..this clearly says that those who were responsible for nailing the nails..WILL SEE him..Now either those who pierced him saw him in their generation or else we have a HUGE contradiction..because no one who is dead can see,they are dead [Smile]

There have been more Jewish people come to salvation thru Yeshua in the last 20 years than the last 2000 years. The Holy Spirit is at work here. This is what God says about the Jewish people/Nation

Jer. 31

Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah(12 tribes, NOT Gentiles)
not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, My covenant which they broke , though I was a husband to them says the Lord.
But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days says the Lord:

I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people.

No more shall every man teach his neighbor , and every man his brother saying "Know the Lord, for they ALL shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them says the Lord.

For I WILL forgive their iniquity AND their sin I will remember NO MORE."

Thus says the Lord, Who gives the sun for a light by day, The ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night,

Who disturbs the sea, and its waves roar The Lord of hosts is His name

"IF THOSE ORDIANCES DEPART FROM BEFORE ME, SAYS THE LORD, THEN THE SEED OF ISRAEL SHALL ALSO CEASE FROM BEING A NATION BEFORE ME "FOREVER"

These verses speak of the Jews, the Nation of Israel. NOT the Gentiles. God is not thru with them, He has NOT forsaken them (even though the Church has miserably dropped the ball as far as they are concerned).

God "blinded" them so that the Gentiles could be grafted in. You need to read Romans chapter 9-12)

Parousia-correct..the Gospel was offered FIRST to the Jew..but as God foresaw..gentiles would be a part of the body..The true church today is made up of both jew and gentile..One plan of salvation..for both groups

chapter 11: 11
I say them, have they stumbles that they should FALL? Certainly NOT! BUT, thru their FALL to provoke them to jealousy, Salvation has come to the Gentiles.

verse 32 For God has committed them ALL to disobedience, that He (God) might have mercy on All ( and you and I dear friend are that "All" which God has given mercy to by the Jews blindness) BUT, their blindness is only in part.

verse 25

"Blindness IN PART has happened to Israel UNTIL the fullness of the Gentiles has come in."

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

so true. After the rapture, there will be a revival among the Jews that this world has never seen. That will be when the 122 thousand Jews for Jesus will be wittnessing for Jesus. The Church will be in Heaven at this point, but I believe that just as the Angels rejoice today when a person becomes saved, we too shall be rejoicing over the great work going on by these Jews for Jesus.
betty

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Paruosia,

Yeshua was talking to the scribes, Pharisees, Sadusees in Matt 23. He spoke of the destruction of the temple which did happen in 70AD. All that would remain for those religous leaders would be an empty system of relgion without its temple and sacrifices. BUT,

Yeshua voices a note of hope in verse 39-
As he looks forward to the future toward His glorious return, when He will then be recognized as King by the Jews and will rule and reign from Jerusalem for 1000 years. (Read Zach 12:10 and chapter 13)

Notice verse 39 of Matt 23 says that they will not see Him again until they say Blessed is He who come in the name of the Lord. They do not SEE Him first and then say it, they say it first and then He comes. Something must happen to change their mind about Yeshua as being just a prophet, but they will, in the future accept Him as a Nation and will cry out to Him and then the end will come.

Now, chapter 24 of Matt deals with the signs of the end times and the End of the age just before His return.

The diciples asked Yeshua in verse 3 "what will be the Sign of Your Coming? Now why would they ask Him that? He was already there speaking with them, He had not yet been crucified, and still they wanted to know what the sighn of His RETURN would be.

Then Yeshua tells them of the signs but look at verse 13 and 14.

"But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And the gospel of the kingdom Will be preached in ALL the world as a witness to ALL the Nations and then the end will come.

Matt 24 speaks of the future great Tribulation, and the Return or coming back of the Son Of Man Yeshua.

Now you mentioned Peter as having addressed the pilgrims of the diaspora in 1Peter 1. Also look at James greeting in James 1:1

It is addressed to the 12 tribes of Israel which are scattered abroad. The gospel was still going out to the Jewish people. The gospel is to ALL Nations. The gospel was never intended not to be preached to the Jew then or Now.

Rev 1:7

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and EVERY EYE will see Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. (this has not happened yet)

There have been more Jewish people come to salvation thru Yeshua in the last 20 years than the last 2000 years. The Holy Spirit is at work here. This is what God says about the Jewish people/Nation

Jer. 31

Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah(12 tribes, NOT Gentiles)
not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, My covenant which they broke , though I was a husband to them says the Lord.
But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days says the Lord:

I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people.

No more shall every man teach his neighbor , and every man his brother saying "Know the Lord, for they ALL shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them says the Lord.

For I WILL forgive their iniquity AND their sin I will remember NO MORE."

Thus says the Lord, Who gives the sun for a light by day, The ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night,

Who disturbs the sea, and its waves roar The Lord of hosts is His name

"IF THOSE ORDIANCES DEPART FROM BEFORE ME, SAYS THE LORD, THEN THE SEED OF ISRAEL SHALL ALSO CEASE FROM BEING A NATION BEFORE ME "FOREVER"

These verses speak of the Jews, the Nation of Israel. NOT the Gentiles. God is not thru with them, He has NOT forsaken them (even though the Church has miserably dropped the ball as far as they are concerned).

God "blinded" them so that the Gentiles could be grafted in. You need to read Romans chapter 9-12)

chapter 11: 11
I say them, have they stumbles that they should FALL? Certainly NOT! BUT, thru their FALL to provoke them to jealousy, Salvation has come to the Gentiles.

verse 32 For God has committed them ALL to disobedience, that He (God) might have mercy on All ( and you and I dear friend are that "All" which God has given mercy to by the Jews blindness) BUT, their blindness is only in part.

verse 25

"Blindness IN PART has happened to Israel UNTIL the fullness of the Gentiles has come in."

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Rogg,
so true. The Bible is written for us today, too.
betty

--------------------

Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

That would be to say the rest of the Books in the Bible were only for the intended recipients at the time it was written, and none of the Bible is written for us today.

This generation, meaning the generation Jesus was speaking about Matthew 24.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I suggest in love that you go to the link I provided and listen to some sermons on the end times. The Book of Revleations will open up to you in a whole new way. There is so much that you are missing but not seeing that there is so much prophecy to yet be fufilled. God is not through with the world and He has so much more to do. Don't limit your knowledge.
betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement