Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Extreme Texas drought

Author Topic: Extreme Texas drought
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we haven't had the big fires since that last one...But it is extremely dry...The humidity was around 7 and 6 percent in the DFW area today and we've had this abnormally dry air for months now with only a few 60 percent days here and there..but for the most part just very little humidity in the air and still no rain.

Some of the lakes around are well over 10ft. lower than they should be and there are boats sitting on dry ground in many of the marinas.

Thanks for your prayers...I really don't know what to make of all this stuff...It's just stuff we've never experienced before.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by whitesands777:
I can't remember going this long without rain and I've lived in the DFW area almost all of my life.

If the drought gets worse, it may have Biblical implications.

Wow - that's too bad whitesands. Certainly will offer up some prayers. [Prayer]

Just noticed your post was on the 2nd - has it changed since then??

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Byron
Community Member
Member # 5387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Byron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Oregon we are having on of the wettest winters in many a year. Rivers are over flowing, new lakes are coming into exsistance.... I'm thinking of building an ark if this keeps up.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet....Here in Texas as of right now, we've had the driest year since the 50's and if it continues we could have the most severe drought here since we've kept records...The weather forecasters have gone from calling it severe, to extreme, and now exceptional drought...

I can't remember going this long without rain and I've lived in the DFW area almost all of my life.

Right now there are no clouds out, but we can barely see the stars because of all the smoke from all of the grass fires...All of fort Worth and Dallas has a thick haze of smoke...

If the drought gets worse, it may have Biblical implications.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement