Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Revelations and New Orleans

Author Topic: Revelations and New Orleans
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore:
Contrast the traditional Christmas image of Jesus (don't get me started!) - the helpless little baby in a manger; with the description we're given of Him in Chapter 1.

Rev.1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end," says the Lord God. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come, the Almighty One."

When we see the contrast of this picture of God Almighty who was prepared to come as flesh and humility to this earth and become a servant to all, we realize how much he really loves us.

"But Christ Jesus made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men." Philippians 2:7

Definition of Servant - A subordinate position; one who serves others; one who performs duties about the person or home of a master or personal employer; a person devoted to another or a cause.

Matthew 12:18 "Look at my Servant, whom I have chosen. He is my Beloved, and I am very pleased with him. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.

Romans 15:8
For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs.

He was prepared to be placed in a lowly manger, The Nativity scenes always have him pictured in a cute cradle-like structure with neatly-crafted legs, We see him lying on clean well-placed hay in a antiseptic-looking setting, with soft clean blankets surrounding him.

However, when indeed he was born in a feeding trough, which would probably be lying on the ground and quite beat up and dirty looking.

We should never lose sight of the fact that Jesus was prepared to become the lowest of the low, to ultimately defeat sin and death for us on that cruel cross.

Matthew 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

He even washed the disciples' feet in the act of ultimate servitude.

John 13:12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?

We should display that same humility. We too have to die to our flesh.
Phil 2:5-8 (NLT) Your attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not demand and cling to his rights as God. He made himself nothing; he took the humble position of a slave and appeared in human form.
And in human form he obediently humbled himself even further by dying a criminal's death on a cross

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
Many people call it "The Book of RevelationS" and they don't read it in proper context.

They miss the MAIN point of this Awesome Revelation.

They can't see the forest for all the trees

So true.

Contrast the traditional Christmas image of Jesus (don't get me started!) - the helpless little baby in a manger; with the description we're given of Him in Chapter 1.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many people call it "The Book of RevelationS" and they don't read it in proper context.

They miss the MAIN point of this Awesome Revelation.

They can't see the forest for all the trees

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MySavingGrace,

You shouldn't take offense at wparr's post. Quite frankly, he makes a good point.

Time is better spent getting scriptural matters accurate, than advertising liberal propaganda.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MySavingGrace:
I would appreciate you being kinder and showing more of Jesus here. You could correct me a lot kinder. One letter doesn't have to do with my love for God or Jesus. Be careful of what you say, there are people who will turn away from the Lord from things like what you say to me I will not, but that doesn't mean everyone else will. Don't let little corretions get in the way of sharing the love of the Lord.

He probably didnt mean anything by it. Sadly, the problem with message boards and writing a response, sometimes emotions are read that arent really intended. When I read the response, I didnt get the feeling he was attacking you. But re-reading it, if I had made your post, I can see where it may feel that way to you. I learned a long time ago to remember that this is the internet before I get upset over a response or message.

Brad

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would appreciate you being kinder and showing more of Jesus here. You could correct me a lot kinder. One letter doesn't have to do with my love for God or Jesus. Be careful of what you say, there are people who will turn away from the Lord from things like what you say to me I will not, but that doesn't mean everyone else will. Don't let little corretions get in the way of sharing the love of the Lord.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to be picky

but

It's NOT the book of RevelationS

It is The Book of
REVELATION (singular)

The book is not a bunch of revelations, it has ONE revelation.

Revelation 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John,

The Book is A (singular) Revelation of Jesus.

This is KEY to reading and understanding this book.

NO NO NO, this hurricane is NOT the storm mentioned.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=6789@kpix.dayport.com

In the end it talks about two different Bibles opened to Revelations 10 and 11 about a storm for 3 days. I read through it in my Bible, and I don't see that in these parts. Did the hurricane last 3 or 3 and a half days?

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement