Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Are the 10 toes the same as the 10 horns, or are they different?

Author Topic: Are the 10 toes the same as the 10 horns, or are they different?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 17 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this stuff will make your head spin! Here's an article I just found when I was trying to find out the original configuration of the WEU...

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/10_toes.htm

Are These the 10 Toes?

Just when we thought we had all the pieces in place, a news report scattered our end-times puzzle in every direction -- well, almost.

According to this report in the Washington Times, five European nations and five Mediterranean nations have agreed to create a new economic and political block (Read about it here: http://washingtontimes.com/world/20031208-094432-6381r.htm .) The plan, called 5 Plus 5, links Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Malta, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and Mauritania. In other words, five European nations and five Muslim nations.

For us students of Bible prophecy, this event could be huge. You see, it has long been held by many students the 10 toes on old King Nebuchadnezzar's statue would be five kings from the different legs -- or east/west division -- of the Roman Empire. And, it appears this may be what we are actually now witnessing -- the appearance of five kings from the different legs.

This naturally brings up important new questions for us to consider.

One: In light of this news, have we been wrong thinking the 10-nation Western European Union could be the 10 nations -- or biblical horns-- the Antichrist is to rise from?

Two: Could the 10 toes on Nebuchadnezzar's statue be different from the 10 horns on the beast that rises from the sea?

At this moment I'm open to both possiblities. Here's why:

For one thing, I've always said I could be jumping the gun about the 10 nation Western European Union. Yet, I felt the facts on the ground were too compelling not to be reported.

And for another, I've also wondered many times if the toes on the statue were different than the horns. Not only has the two leg idea been around for a long time, it makes sense when you're looking for the most literal fulfillment of prophecy.

You see, prophecy is like a photograph of a moment. It gives us a picture of the reality on the ground at the time a foretold event occurs. Prophecy tells us the Antichrist will appear among 10 horns. And, it tells us he will reign with 10 kings and with 10 kings destroy Mystery Babylon with fire near the end of the tribulation period. But, it doesn't tell us everything that will transpire in-between time.
Here's my thoughts: First of all, this 5 Plus 5 agreement is an out-come of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership negotiated for the EU by Javier Solana back in 1995. If you recall, I recently reported the creation of the Euro-Mediterranean Parliamentary Assembly. And as pointed out by a reader Chris Modlin, this assembly is a literal north/south revival of the Roman Empire (Read it here). So, we can't ignore the possible prophetic significance of the 10-nation WEU and its Assembly Recommendation 666 that started this all.

When we put it all together, it makes me think the 10 horns responsible for the beginning of the revival of the Roman Empire may be different from the 10 toes on Nebuchadnezzar's statue when Christ returns. The 10 horns could well turn out to be the WEU military alliance and the 10 toes this 5 Plus 5 economic and political union. After all, horns are different than toes.

But no matter how it turns out, these events are fascinating.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement