Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » bush could stay in power, constitution could change!!!!!!!

Author Topic: bush could stay in power, constitution could change!!!!!!!
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:

RESOLUTION
Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives condemning bigotry and religious intolerance, and recognizing that holy books of every religion should be treated with dignity and respect.

Whereas believers of all religions, including the Abrahamic faiths of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, should be treated with respect and dignity;

Whereas the word Islam comes from the Arabic root word meaning `peace' and `submission';

Whereas there are an estimated 7,000,000 Muslims in America, from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds, forming an integral part of the social fabric of America;

Whereas the Quran is the holy book for Muslims who recite passages from it in prayer and learn valuable lessons about peace, humanity, and spirituality;

Whereas it should never be official policy of the United States Government to disparage the Quran, Islam, or any religion in any way, shape, or form;

Whereas mistreatment of prisoners and disrespect toward the holy book of any religion is unacceptable and against civilized humanity; and

Whereas the infringement of an individual's right to freedom of religion violates the Constitution and laws of the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the House of Representatives--

(1) condemns bigotry, acts of violence, and intolerance against any religious group, including our friends, neighbors, and citizens of the Islamic faith;

(2) declares that the civil rights and civil liberties of all individuals, including those of the Islamic faith, should be protected;

(3) recognizes that the Quran, the holy book of Islam, as any other holy book of any religion, should be treated with dignity and respect; and

(4) calls upon local, State, and Federal authorities to work to prevent bias-motivated crimes and acts against all individuals, including those of the Islamic faith.

Hmm, calling good evil and evil good....I seem to have read that somewhere. [Bible]

Aaron

P.S. Western European Union (WEU), European security and defense organization. It was set up in Brussels in 1955 as a defensive, economic, social, and cultural organization, consisting of Belgium, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands; Portugal and Spain became members in 1988, and Greece joined in 1995. After France had refused to ratify a treaty providing for a European Defense Community, the WEU was created as a substitute solution embodied in the Paris Pacts. Since Western military cooperation had been dominated by the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and Western economic coordination by the European Economic Community and later the European Free Trade Association, the primary function of the WEU was to supervise the rearmament of Germany, as provided for under the Paris Pacts. In 1960, the WEU transferred its cultural and social activities to the Council of Europe. Under the Maastricht Treaty (1992), the WEU was envisioned as the future military arm of the European Union (EU); it remained institutionally autonomous. In 1995 the Eurocorps, a joint force drawn from some of the WEU members, became operational. An additional 18 nations from central Europe, NATO, and/or the EU joined the WEU as associate members, observers, or associate partners in the 1990s. In 1999 the EU voted to absorb all the functions of the WEU in preparation for making the EU a defensive and peacekeeping military organization as well as a social and economic one.

from here: http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/history/A0851907.html

So there were 7 original members; 2 were added in 1988 and one more in 1995 for a total of 10.

" There are ten permanent members of the Western European Union, of which Greece was the last to join in 1995. There are another 18 'associate members'."

from here: http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Western-European-Union

So 10 + 18 = 28. 28 countries or 28 "kings" if you will. So, does God only count the 10 "permanent" members ignoring the other 18?

And here: "In 1999 the EU voted to absorb all the functions of the WEU..."

What does it mean to "absorb all the functions"? Did the EU become in like and kind to the WEU? If so, then there is not distinction between the authorities of the WEU and the EU...therefore we have too many kings and this European "beast" does not fit the description of the beast in Revelation.

This is a bit forward but reasoning otherwise smacks of trying to fit prophesy into our world-view box. And what better way to condone our dislike of France (for instance).

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is another interesting one that is in the judicuary committee Currently:

26. H.RES.288 : Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives condemning bigotry and religious intolerance, and recognizing that holy books of every religion should be treated with dignity and respect.
Sponsor: Rep Conyers, John, Jr. [MI-14] (introduced 5/19/2005) Cosponsors (19)
Committees: House Judiciary
Latest Major Action: 5/19/2005 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

Here is the Language of the bill:

Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives condemning bigotry and religious intolerance, and recognizing that holy books of every religion should be treated with dignity and... (Introduced in House)

HRES 288 IH

109th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. RES. 288
Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives condemning bigotry and religious intolerance, and recognizing that holy books of every religion should be treated with dignity and respect.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

May 19, 2005
Mr. CONYERS (for himself, Ms. JACKSON-LEE of Texas, Ms. ESHOO, Mr. FILNER, Mr. KUCINICH, Mr. MEEHAN, Mr. PASCRELL, and Mr. SERRANO) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESOLUTION

Whereas believers of all religions, including the Abrahamic faiths of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, should be treated with respect and dignity;

Whereas the word Islam comes from the Arabic root word meaning `peace' and `submission';

Whereas there are an estimated 7,000,000 Muslims in America, from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds, forming an integral part of the social fabric of America;

Whereas the Quran is the holy book for Muslims who recite passages from it in prayer and learn valuable lessons about peace, humanity, and spirituality;

Whereas it should never be official policy of the United States Government to disparage the Quran, Islam, or any religion in any way, shape, or form;

Whereas mistreatment of prisoners and disrespect toward the holy book of any religion is unacceptable and against civilized humanity; and

Whereas the infringement of an individual's right to freedom of religion violates the Constitution and laws of the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the House of Representatives--

(1) condemns bigotry, acts of violence, and intolerance against any religious group, including our friends, neighbors, and citizens of the Islamic faith;

(2) declares that the civil rights and civil liberties of all individuals, including those of the Islamic faith, should be protected;

(3) recognizes that the Quran, the holy book of Islam, as any other holy book of any religion, should be treated with dignity and respect; and

(4) calls upon local, State, and Federal authorities to work to prevent bias-motivated crimes and acts against all individuals, including those of the Islamic faith.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deb: I thought you might appreciate this:

an update on this:

1. There are 4 co-sponsors on this and it was refered to the House Subcommittee on April 4th:

H.J.RES.24
Title: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution.
Sponsor: Rep Hoyer, Steny H. [MD-5] (introduced 2/17/2005) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 4/4/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COSPONSORS(4), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)
Rep Berman, Howard L. [CA-28] - 2/17/2005 Rep Pallone, Frank, Jr. [NJ-6] - 2/17/2005
Rep Sabo, Martin Olav [MN-5] - 2/17/2005 Rep Sensenbrenner, F. James, Jr. [WI-5] - 2/17/2005

I thought that you might also be interested in these which are also in subcommittee

12. H.J.RES.2 : Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to permit persons who are not natural-born citizens of the United States, but who have been citizens of the United States for at least 20 years, to be eligible to hold the Office of President.
Sponsor: Rep Conyers, John, Jr. [MI-14] (introduced 1/4/2005) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 3/2/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution.

17. H.J.RES.8 : Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to abolish the electoral college and to provide for the direct popular election of the President and Vice President of the United States.
Sponsor: Rep Green, Gene [TX-29] (introduced 1/4/2005) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 3/2/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I 'think' the WEU started out with 10 nations...

And I hate to tell you this GranmaJo, but there is a move to 'ratify' the 22nd Amendment thereby ending 'term limits' for President. I'm not sure what stage it's at right now, but it's on the table and it's pretty far along. It was suggested by Democrats (believe it or not), but has a large support of Republicans as well. Also, should Martial Law ever be declared (in the event of Terrorist activities or Natural Diaster), then the Constitution will be set aside and the President will assume Dictatorial like powers. That was given to us by Bill Clinton in one of his many Executive Orders...

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely do not believe that our constitution will ever be changed to allow one man to be president of our country for a life time. It's not going to happen. I definitely do not believe that Bill Clinton is the antichrist. I definitely do not believe that President Bush is the antichrist or that he will ever be in the white house permanently for the rest of his life.

I do know there will be an antichrist but I think that speculating as to who it will be is just an exercise in futility. God is in control and we need to keep our thoughts focused on Jesus Christ and God and remain faithful to them. We know that biblical prophecy is being fulfilled at an very fast rate and signs of the end times are all around us therefore we put on the full armor of God, have the faith He is with us, and He takes care of us in every situation. We really do have His Blessed Assurance!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by whitesands777:
The WEU consists of 10 nations within the EU and they have weighted voting power.

I found this:

"WEU is an organisation which was set up in 1948 for the purposes of cooperation on defence and security. It consists of 28 countries..."

here: http://www.dadalos-europe.org/int/materialien/begriffe_q-z.htm#20

So when you say "10" what do you mean?

Aaron

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
My husband believes President Bush is the anit-christ, but I don't believe he is of the right nationality. But I believe he is being used of the devil to bring America to her knees finacially and to destroy Israel by making her divide her Country. As I tell my husband God has a plan and it is in God's plan to allow this to happen.
But all this aside there is no need to fear. We are in God's hands, my sister. He will substain us. God will send His Son soon and we His children will meet Him in the air. So untl then trust in Jesus to see you day by day and try not to let those things around you fill you with fear. God will not fail us.
betty

I think Bill Clinton is the anti-christ. He's looking to be leader of the UN. Islam could be Clinton's false prophet.

Bush can't be the anti-christ as he is hated by so many people and is NOT charismatic.

Clinton attempted to have Isreal sign Peace treaties with Palestine and was super friendly with Arafat. Clinton is loved and admired around the world in spite of his marital infidelity, crooked business deals, and shady past. A man of lawlessness, he pardoned all types of people in the last hours of his presidency, but made a former business partner remain in jail over the
Whitewater affair.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BrazilianMommy:
Hello, I just registered to this board today. I have been reading posts for the past days and now I decided to post too [Smile]

If I understood correctly about the number 10 and the EU, it doesn't mean 10 nations but 10 leaders. It would not exactly matter how many countries are part of the EU, but how many will be in the power.

English is my second language so please understand [Wink]

I think you're exactly right...The liitle horn uproots 3...The WEU consists of 10 nations within the EU and they have weighted voting power.
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I just registered to this board today. I have been reading posts for the past days and now I decided to post too [Smile]

If I understood correctly about the number 10 and the EU, it doesn't mean 10 nations but 10 leaders. It would not exactly matter how many countries are part of the EU, but how many will be in the power.

English is my second language so please understand [Wink]

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Original Member States:

Austria (became member in 1995), Belgium (Founder Member in 1957), Denmark (1973), Finland (1995), France (FM 1957), Germany (FM 1957), Greece (1981), Ireland (1973), Italy (FM 1957), Luxemburg (FM 1957), the Netherlands (FM 1957), Portugal (1986), Spain (1986), Sweden (1995) and United Kingdom (Great Britain)(1973).

New Member states (after May 1, 2004):

Estonia (2004), Latvia (2004), Lithuania (2004), Poland (2004), Czech Republic (2004), Slovakia (2004), Hungary (2004), Slovenia (2004), Malta (2004), and Cyprus (2004).

25 countries. Not even statistics can make 25 equal 10. [Cool]

Aaron

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^^ the antichrist from eu?

well, thre's talks about the horn that grew from 10 horns. I htink the EU has 10 countries and we came from Europe.

And Betty,
I try to remember all the time for them with that. I know the best thing to do is pray and not enforce my beliefs upon them. Though I'm not Catholic, I found a beautiful church today (well knew aobut it but went inside for first time) and might light a candle for them next time.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most U.S. citizens came from Europe originally right ? Seems like a stretch but it is something to think about. I'm sure Bush's family history can be traced back to Europe ?

Actually I think that he will come from the EU at the time of the end....

Just trying to make sense out of this and share some ideas.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MySavingGrace

I prayed 15 years before my husband got saved and 5 years before my son got saved. The best advice I can give you is to put your parents in the Lord's hands. Believe me I tried everything with my loved ones. I begged and fought with them, but when I stopped trying to "save" them and released them to God, He saved them.
hugs and prayers,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with different branches but right now its all ruled by conservative republicans. i have nothing against republican people but some of the politicians are really extremists and this has no balance.

I dont really think bush is the final antichrist. I dont belive in actual reincarnation but that Satan posesses pepole over and over throughout time for his doings. I feel Constantine was an antichrist and/or false prophet, Hitler was an antichrist and now bush is one. I think its either bush or one more

I also think maybe the new world order in itself is part of it.

I'm not worried so much for me Betty but other great people I know who are not Chrsitians :9 Including my parents. Its a big burden to carry worrying for them. I trust in Jesus and God in the end, and I know we will get through the sufferings and triublations.

--------------------

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

I wonder how God views our political system?

Does He see "three kings"; judicial, legislative, executive?

Could these three be usurped by another "king" for the sake of world-wide security?

Sincerely,
Aaron

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not believe that George Bush is the antichrist because he doesn't fit the description of or the actions of what the antichrist will be like. I do not believe that the constitution could be changed or will be changed.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I posted in another thread where it was mentioned that Bush is the anti-christ, I just don't see this as the case.

Look, I certainly don't agree with everything Bush has done, I'm not overly enthusiastic about his presidency. But, it is my understanding that the anti-christ is someone the whole world will love at first. Not someone who is going to take over by force (not right away, anyway). Bush is the most hated & divisive president of my lifetime. He certainly isn't loved by the world.

Granted, anything is possible with God, and something miraculous certainly could happen within the next three years if it's God's will. But, frankly, I just don't see how at this point in time, anyone can suggest it is GWB.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband believes President Bush is the anit-christ, but I don't believe he is of the right nationality. But I believe he is being used of the devil to bring America to her knees finacially and to destroy Israel by making her divide her Country. As I tell my husband God has a plan and it is in God's plan to allow this to happen.
But all this aside there is no need to fear. We are in God's hands, my sister. He will substain us. God will send His Son soon and we His children will meet Him in the air. So untl then trust in Jesus to see you day by day and try not to let those things around you fill you with fear. God will not fail us.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

New Bill Could Make Bush President For Life

Prison Planet | June 14 2005

A House bill has been introduced that would change the 22nd amendment and enable George Bush to remain President for the rest of his political life.

The bill would repeal limitations on a President holding office for a maximum of two terms.

An even darker scenario, Arnold Schwarzenegger is elected as President in 2008 and shorty after the 22nd amendment is abolished, making the Hitler admirer our permanent Fuhrer.

This is the modern day version of the Enabling Act, which allowed Hitler to officially declare himself dictator.

The bill, which can be found at the Library of Congress website here, reads as follows.

----------------------------------

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution. (Introduced in House)

HJ 24 IH
109th CONGRESS
1st Session

H. J. RES. 24
Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

February 17, 2005

Mr. HOYER (for himself, Mr. BERMAN, Mr. SENSENBRENNER, Mr. SABO, and Mr. PALLONE) introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

JOINT RESOLUTION
Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution.

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

`Article --

`The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is repealed.'.

------------------------------

The 22nd amendment as reprinted on the FindLaw website reads as follows.

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This Article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

Annotations
Limitation of Presidential Terms

''By reason of the lack of a positive expression upon the subject of the tenure of the office of President, and by reason of a well-defined custom which has risen in the past that no President should have more than two terms in that office, much discussion has resulted upon this subject. Hence it is the purpose of this . . . [proposal] . . . to submit this question to the people so they, by and through the recognized processes, may express their views upon this question, and if they shall so elect, they may . . . thereby set at rest this problem.''

I was low on time so I'll try and post links here later, got this from another forum.

I had a gut feeling it could happen more nad more. Hopefully it doesn't. But, I see him for sure as the anti-chrsit now

Prayer prayer pray. I know not to live in fear and fear is the enemy and this could not be true, lets pray it isnt.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement