Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » And your old men will dream dreams.... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: And your old men will dream dreams....
cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PottersClay:
Cheech,

You laughing had me laughing. A big thanks!

PottersClay

Glad I could be of help [Wink]

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

Posts: 35 | From: KS | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvfreelife
Advanced Member
Member # 4642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvfreelife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi helpfor,

I read your posting, and this is exactly what Christ said would happen to christians near the end of times.

Don't worry about anything in this present time, the end is very near and your hope and faith must be with Christ our Lord. Don't put anything above Christ. Trust him totally, because anything else in this world you could do, wouldn't guarantee you life afterwards.

Just rest assured, as long as you follow in his teachings and believe in him, everything will eventually work out, for he loves you and will never forsake you.

Lu:12:22: And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
Lu:12:23: The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
Lu:12:24: Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
Lu:12:25: And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
Lu:12:26: If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
Lu:12:27: Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Lu:12:28: If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Lu:12:29: And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
Lu:12:30: For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

God bless you,

luvfreelife

Posts: 28 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PottersClay
Community Member
Member # 4628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PottersClay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheech,

You laughing had me laughing. A big thanks!

PottersClay

Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For the record, I'm not going back to sleep this morning for fear they will come back and finish me off for good, lol.
I know I shouldn't laugh, but you had me laughing with that last statement [Big Grin] . That was some dream you had! I had a horrible nightmare the other night...scared the tar out of me. I actually woke up and prayed saying "this is not from God!" I think I was more praying it wasn't as it scared me! [Frown] I went back to sleep with no problems though and no dreams that I can remember.

Funny how our mind plays things out. Where are all the dreams where we are running through a field of flowers, our hair flowing in the breeze??? My dreams just don't qualify! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

Posts: 35 | From: KS | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PottersClay
Community Member
Member # 4628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PottersClay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had another one of those dreams last night.

I was in a walk-a-thon in New York City when one of the twin towers blew up. All of the walkers began to go towards the burning building to see what happened when 2 girls approached me. One reached out her hand to me and said "I just wanted to meet you" and something about someone coming for me and then turned and walked away.
My dream then changed to something else.
Then I was in my truck with my family and we pulled into a dark parking lot with just a few cars and my husband stopped the truck, got out and said he'd be right back. These two girls came back and again the one girl reached to shake my hand and said "It was nice meeting you". Then my door was open and my right leg was dangling out of the truck when two men with guns approached the car and without saying a word, they pulled their guns on me. I knew I was going to get shot and a fear rose up in me and I tried to lean over to beep the horn to let someone know I was in trouble but before I could do that, one of them put their gun into my abdoman and tilted it upwards so that when they shot me, the bullet would for sure hit a few organs before it exited my body. In that moment of fear, I thought "this is going to hurt". I heard the shot ring out and then I felt no pain and the only thing I knew was my fading breath. In that moment I knew that Jesus meets us where we're at, even in death.
I let go and gave into death and allowed myself not to think about why I didn't feel pain or if I was going to feel it.
I woke (in my dream) and I was in a hospital with a gown on. I had cuts on my neck that looked like someone tried to slice my throat. I was crying and asking for my husband, who I found out was also in the hospital. Nurses said they would go let him know I was alive.
I'm laying on a couch in a lounge area when the two men returned to finish me off. Again they drew their guns and I put my hand out to plead for my life when I felt the burning in my hand from being pierced by a bullet and again a second time. Then they aimed at me once more and hit me somewhere in my chest. This time I felt the pain in my hand but only for a brief moment. I knew if I tried to fight, they'd continue to shoot me and eventually they'd win so I closed my eyes and pretended to be dead and even rolled off the couch onto the floor. They came near to check to see if I was breathing and pointed their guns at my head.
They turned and left and I somehow pulled myself up and limped to the nurses station where I asked what room my husband was in.
I entered the room and he was in a hospital bed, low to the floor and I sat in the chair next to the bed and just sobbed and said "please, can we just go home?"

I woke up and realized my arm had fallen asleep and my hand was tingling and my body was sore from sleeping in the same position for a while. I'm always so grateful to wake up and realize that it was just a dream.
For the record, I'm not going back to sleep this morning for fear they will come back and finish me off for good, lol.

Say prayers for me - I think I need 'em.

Blessings,
PottersClay

Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

I'm back from visiting the grands and eager to see what has been posted in my absence.

In the meantime, I am quoting a statement from two posts that say pretty much the same thing stated as fact and I am asking that we examine it, Scripturally, experientially, emotionally, whatever way it may come thru, but let's see if it is truth or a "construct" we've learned.

"...the Devil can talk to the soul..."

"The devil can use our dreams as his playground..."

I can't find the one I remember saying "the devil can read our minds"...but I know I saw it, maybe on another thread here.

Anyway, let's take a look at this: Can the devil insert thoughts, dreams, visions into our minds, conscious or unconscious, with or without our volition, and if you think so or not, on what grounds do you base the belief?

I feel this belongs on this thread and that we need to get some light on the subject so we can go on with relating dreams, visions, etc either with extra caution to examine them for satanic origins, or freely knowing that our thoughts, dreams, visions are not subject to his input.

What do you think?

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheech writes to PottersClay:
quote:
In the meantime...NO FOOD BEFORE BED!!!
I'm no PottersClay, but at 2:00 a.m., I go to the kitchen and "eat and drink and be merry". Other than the occasional acid reflux, it doesn't particularly make me dream, though.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
I've had some dreams I know came from God, too. I had one dream that I was shown what God looked like. The voice talking to me in the dream told me that God is Love and Light, and God looked like a Bright huge ball of Light in my dream. I was told in the dream that God gives us "cells" of His light and this gives us Life.

I’m having a hard time finding this supported in Scripture. I may have missed something, perhaps you can share what you’ve found? I did find these two:

Genesis 2: 7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood:

Since we know that Blood carries oxygen throughout the body, I think this goes along well with the first verse of God breathing life into us.

God is Life, Light and Love.

Jesus said I am the Light of the world. God is Love is found in 1 John. Jesus said I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.

I consider being born again as having a "cell" from God himself that gives me eternal life through the Holy Spirit. Christ in me the hope of glory.

These are all about Spiritual life, softtouch, as God is a Spirit.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 17 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
I've had some dreams I know came from God, too. I had one dream that I was shown what God looked like. The voice talking to me in the dream told me that God is Love and Light, and God looked like a Bright huge ball of Light in my dream. I was told in the dream that God gives us "cells" of His light and this gives us Life.

I’m having a hard time finding this supported in Scripture. I may have missed something, perhaps you can share what you’ve found? I did find these two:

Genesis 2: 7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood:

Since we know that Blood carries oxygen throughout the body, I think this goes along well with the first verse of God breathing life into us.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hello Everyone!

I can remember one where the world was going to end so all those who wanted to be saved entered into a capsule and we were going to go under water for a few years until everything on earth settled down and we'd be safe. The door up above was getting ready to be closed and sealed when I realized that we had made the wrong choice. I can't remember all the details now but I do remember that I couldn't get my childrens seat belts to fasten and there was no seat for me. I was just panic stricken when I woke up.

Another dream I had was about a year ago. In the dream, myself and others who I didn't know were outside in the evening and I was laying in a field of grass when I started to hear the "oohs and ahh's" of onlookers. I looked up and saw something decending from the sky - lots of somethings. The closer they got, I realized what they were. They were aliens and again, I was screaming "In the name of Jesus, I rebuke you." But the others around me didn't see that it was evil.

I began to take note of these dreams and when they occured. Not like having spicy food or hot dogs before bed, but when I was under attack from the enemy, like when God was going to move in my life or the enemy trying to cause a distraction. But I wonder why I'm always rebuking. And I wonder what this last particular dream was about. I wonder if this has anything to do with the New Age seeping into the churches and many are accepting it and I'm seeing how wrong it is? Any thoughts?

PottersClay

I don't know anything about what you are going through in your life, but FEAR seems to be the theme.

I used to have many nightmares after I first got saved and came back to the Lord. I also would be rebuking the enemy in my sleep many times over different dreams that came to me.

Some dreams would be of being held down and not being able to move, like being paralyzed, or about a huge panther jumping on me, I realized these were attacks of the enemy.

I was going through very stressful times in my life when I had these especially bad dreams.

I used to dream I was drowning several times, until I fugured out it meant I felt I was drowning in real life with all my responsibilities and fears and financial condition, that I feared I wouldn't make it. After that I dreamed I could swim and also carry my children and swim too. So some dreams aren't from the enemy, but just us working out things.

I've also seen things in the spiritual in regards to people who were abusing me at work. I was shown a wall between me and them. The people at work were amazed by the wall, in my dream.

Anyway, I guess I shared that to say, that dreams can come from many sources.

Pray before you go to bed for protection and plead the Blood over yourself, I believe this will end your nightmares, you may need to do this for a while.

God bless.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes a Dream is just a Dream!

Most all of us had dreams that were from God and some from the devil. Sometimes we get so busy with everything in our lives that we stop reading the Bible, praying, and going to Church. Dreams, maybe the only way God gets our attention. Other times of course, God sends dreams our way to warn us about something coming in our lives and we need to dig deeper in His Word and spend time in prayer so we are prepared for battle.

The devil can use our dreams as his playground to cause us to doubt and fear our own beliefs.

But then they are dreams that are not from God or the devil. This morning right before I awoke, I dreamed I was in a foreign country in a taxi cab and I was sitting in the front talking to a the driver with my face in my hands and my hands went numb and I could not move them. She took me to the hospital where they took me to the morgue and I told the doctor I was not dead and he said you would be soon. I woke up. My hands were around my face and stiff and painful. I knew right away what my dream was about. My hands were hurting and my unconcsious mind let me know through my dreams to wake up and move my hands. As far the rest we had discussed on the board about a Country that it is legal to put people to sleep like animals. So my physcial needs and my memories played apart in my dream.

I think that when we have dreams we should think about the dream. If it seems to have a spiritual side to it pray about it and ask God to show you in your awake side what He is trying to tell you.
If your dream is one that brings fear to you or makes your doubt your faith or beliefs then ask God to help you forget the dream and if you dream it again, ask God to stop you from having that dream again.

God bless you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, all,

I want to joyfully let you all know that Pottersclay is a dear friend of mine, one I greatly respect for the way she yields to the working of the Holy Spirit in her life.

I'm SOOO glad to see you decided to join in the discussion here, Pottersclay.

As for your dreams, Pottersclay, I would say Cheech is learning well to listen to what the Spirit has to say. Would just like to add that hiding from the soon coming return of Christ and subsequent madness on the earth is what a lot of "Christian" groups are attempting in a variety of ways. I'd say that dream is not only a warning to you, but to all who might fall prey to that kind of thinking, it will be a trap and a snare to them.

So, at the risk of repeating myself, I feel this thread is so very important, not only to those who read and post but to the many who do so and then speak to and warn others.

I'm going to be away for a few days, going to see the grands and so on...pls pray for me and my daughter for travelling mercies.. Look forward to reading many posts on return.

--------------------
St. Peh

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the BBS Sister PottersClay! PRAISE GOD that HE brought you out of the LDS and opened your eyes to the various deceptions going on in the various churches today! And thank you for sharing your dreams with us! I’m really enjoying reading what others are dreaming too.

I too have an intense drive not to be deceived and have spent much time in prayer and in researching these things too. I definitely understand what you’re saying about not wanting to be deceived! It has been my hope and prayer that the Lord will use me through the knowledge He has allowed me to gain on these movements to help others see what’s happening. That is what I feel called to do. Believe me, it’s not a very popular thing to do, but we’re not in this for popularity, but to bring people back to Jesus and HIS Glory!

I found the two dreams you shared with us quite interesting!

quote:
I can remember one where the world was going to end so all those who wanted to be saved entered into a capsule and we were going to go under water for a few years until everything on earth settled down and we'd be safe. The door up above was getting ready to be closed and sealed when I realized that we had made the wrong choice. I can't remember all the details now but I do remember that I couldn't get my childrens seat belts to fasten and there was no seat for me. I was just panic stricken when I woke up.

Here are some of the thoughts that went through my mind after I read this dream.

Revelation 6:14-16 14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

The Encouraging part of this is that HIS Children are not appointed unto HIS wrath and we will be spared going through this! PRAISE GOD!

1 Thessalonians 5:8-10 8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

It’s very tempting to want to hide when we see all these things happening, but if we hide, then who will reach the Lost before the Lord returns? I know I struggle with this myself. I’d love to just move to the mountains with a group of Brethern and wait for the Lords return, but I know that’s not HIS will.

Matthew 10:38-40 38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

This tells me I can’t hide. I’ve got to be a Light in the darkness until HE comes to take us home. The Lord still has So Much work to do in me yet – I have a long way to go and it seems that time is So Short! I just pray that I won’t hinder HIM in myself and that HE will enable me to stand firm no matter what the situation.

quote:
Another dream I had was about a year ago. In the dream, myself and others who I didn't know were outside in the evening and I was laying in a field of grass when I started to hear the "oohs and ahh's" of onlookers. I looked up and saw something decending from the sky - lots of somethings. The closer they got, I realized what they were. They were aliens and again, I was screaming "In the name of Jesus, I rebuke you." But the others around me didn't see that it was evil.

Isn’t just Amazing how much stuff is on television these days about UFO’s? I used to do a lot of research on this before I came back to the Lord (after walking in disobedience for years). I even read Bud Hopkins book “Communion” which goes into great detail about alien abduction. The thing I most concluded after reading that is that these ‘beings’ are NOT what they appear to be and are in No Way Angels who are Obedient to God!

I believe this is just another trick of the enemy to persuade people that God doesn’t exist. Unfortunately, it’s working on many. I’m wondering if these ‘fallen angels’ are going to eventually reveal themselves to mankind in a united effort with the Anti-Christ to convince them who are perishing that they have the answers to humanities problems? It will be interesting to see how all this plays out. But I don’t want to be just a spectator, I want to be sure that I take every opportunity given by the Lord to help others see the Only Way to Salvation – the only Begotten Son of God (and God in the Flesh) Jesus Christ (Who Was and IS and Ever Shall Be!)! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the BB Sister Potter's clay, and God bless you for sharing.

My Uncle Joe was Reorganized LDS,(followed Joseph Smith but separated and staid behind when Brigham and his followers headed west), and I was slightly involved with the local stake when I was pre-teen. I thank my Lord Jesus for a Bible believing Mother and two Grandmothers who helped keep us out of both Mormonism and the JWs,(who were neighbors and came to "study" for a bit).

God bless you and I will pray for you and your family.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

PottersClay: oooooohhhhhh...your dreams sound like the making of a good movie! I'm almost ready to break out the popcorn! [Wink]

Your first dream sounds like you were feeling closed in (such as the capsule which is like a container), in over your head (going under water) and just didn't feel safe (can't get the seatbelts fastened.) Is there anything that was making you feel that way? Then again I could be totally off base.

The second one sounds like you maybe seeing things for what they are now...what is that in your waking life that you may think of as alien? You don't seem that fond of the purpose driven life movement going on at your church...is this what is alien to you?

I am no dream expert, believe me, but I have been getting them for several years and writing them down. You just never know when they will come in handy [Wink] Maybe make a good story out of them.

It sounds like you are afraid of being deceived again...we've all been there, on both sides. Always keep your sites on Christ and pray every day for God to keep your eyes open to what you need to be aware of. It sounds like your eyes are pretty open as it is but we need God's direction in our lives.

In the meantime...NO FOOD BEFORE BED!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

PottersClay
Community Member
Member # 4628

Icon 19 posted      Profile for PottersClay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the board but have been lurking for about a week now. I really like the exchange of thoughts and the character brought onto the board by you all.

A little about myself: I grew up Mormon. My family is deeply rooted in Mormonism, all the way back to Joseph Smith. They are also polygamists. Grew up in Montana and when I was 18 I headed to the East where I currently reside with my husband and 2 kids.

I accepted Christ as my Savior 6 years ago after learning that Mormonism was a cult. I've spent the last 6 years doing research on cults, religions and religious movements. I guess I was thinking/hoping I would never be deceived again. Unfortunately, the church I am a member in is caught up in the Purpose Driven Movement.

In the past few years, I've had these awful dreams where I scream "In Jesus' name I rebuke you" over and over.

I began to take note of these dreams and when they occured. Not like having spicy food or hot dogs before bed, but when I was under attack from the enemy, like when God was going to move in my life or the enemy trying to cause a distraction. But I wonder why I'm always rebuking. And I wonder what this last particular dream was about. I wonder if this has anything to do with the New Age seeping into the churches and many are accepting it and I'm seeing how wrong it is? Any thoughts?

PottersClay

cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

quote:
That dream needed no interpretation and was clearly sent for the purpose of helping me know Him as Real and Living.
Yessssss! Those are the type of dreams that need no interpreting! I've had like 5 or 6 of those types of dreams...the ones that are clear as a bell! Now the one where there was a lady's head on the body of a pig...well...I needed a little help with that one ;)Must have been the chocolate I ate before bed again [Big Grin]

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Some years before I became a Christian, I had a wild dream which I wrote down when I woke up. A number of years after that, I found the writeup and said, "wow! did I write this???", it was so unusual. And it was a good way to build up pride.

A more important dream I had came before I was saved but I was already reading the New Testament, wondering if it was all true, or not.

In the dream, I was walking along a lakeshore and a person came walking towards me and in the dream I knew that it was Jesus, and He took me in His arms and held me and I was filled with a great love in that dream.

That dream needed no interpretation and was clearly sent for the purpose of helping me know Him as Real and Living.

That dream was one of the things that happened to me before I became a Christian and helped me believe that what I was reading in the New Testament was True, Real, and Living.

peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

You are a sweetie, Cheech!

--------------------
St. Peh

cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

redkermit: I have to agree with you...you really have to be careful. I was talking with my husband the other night and I remembered I use to pray every night and ended with "and please let me have good dreams and no bad ones". I haven't asked for that in years! I use to have some pretty scary dreams. So when I got older I learned to face them and pick them apart to see what they meant. That is where the few books came in that I had on dream symbols. It did help as I'm not really afraid of my dreams anymore. I guess it's more of a hobby for me than anything. You are right that dreams don't always mean what we think...when one dreams of war it could mean they are having an internal war of their own or are dealing with something in their waking life. I've learned to write down the dreams that really effect me though...the ones that wake me during the night or I remember vividly in the morning. Then again I watch what I eat at night also...chocolate will make me dream some pretty wild dreams! [Wink]

Soft Touch You had me laughing over the green goo! All I can think about is the old movie "The Blob"! What color was that? Red maybe? hahaha [Smile] Yes, new age religion is seeping in and it's easy to get caught up in it. I think we are up against alot of things and have to really be careful as they may seem innocent but really aren't. Even some long time christians can easily be deceived [Roll Eyes] I think God realizes we can be dense though and it takes some longer to open their eyes than others.

peh Yes...the books are now in the trash! After posting what I did before and then thinking about it...I reallllllly felt bad over having them. Although picking apart my dreams never consummed my life or anything (I'm too busy!)I think the fact that I didn't rely on God enough is what has bothered me deeply. Your kind words made me feel better though. I then started to think "why didn't God bring this to my attention before?" but then realized he had to bring to my attention some other pretty heavy things I had to deal with first...like learning how to forgive, learning how to rely on him more, etc. Now that I've learned these things he is starting to show me other maybe smaller areas that need attention...the books, my attitude, what I watch on tv and the music I listen too (although I do love my heavy metal and hard rock...you know...that long hair stage). Just things to be aware of. My husband feels it too with himself. He feels the conviction inside if he does something wrong. Amazing, huh [Smile] I have a friend who was a long time drug and alcohol user and last year became saved. She told me last week she scraped up and threw away 150 heavy metal cds that she felt God didn't want her listening too. Normally I'd think she might have gone overboard, but she listened to music from Pantera and other really heavy metal bands that was far from Godly...like on the other end of the universe! I've seen some really remarkable works in this lady...God is truly wonderful [Smile]

I have to agree with you...this is a great site! We use to go to the Left Behind board when they first came online but recently went back and discovered they now charge money! No thanks...I can get just as great fellowship and conversation here and it's free!

God Bless you all!

cheech

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

You 'guys' are funny! I so enjoyed all your posts!

I see that you in general feel that dreams from God are not to be taken lightly, nor to be made overly mystical. That feels, smells, and tastes like wisdom from above to me!

Cheech posted, "In Jeremiah 27:9 it states: So do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your interpreters of dreams, your mediums or your sorcerers who tell you, 'You will not serve the king of Babylon.'"

That's a good verse you brought up, Cheech, and as your subsequent post shows, you realize it is speaking of prophets who pretend to be speaking for God, but contradict Him instead.

I'm glad you are throwing away your "dream symbols" books. They are not good to have around, if your conscience is telling you they aren't, and I agree with you 100% that God is the best source of answers about dreams, as well as on every other subject.

It seems wisdom to me that we all develop every bit of spiritual discernment we can manage, on whatever subject and level. I need all I can muster just to post on some of the forums I feel the Spirit leads me to.

How much more would it be necessary to know what "thus sayeth the Lord" if and when we are ever called on to speak what He is saying to those we don't know and who do not have the lovely spirit displayed by those on this thread?

At the risk of sounding like flattery, I do want to say I think the tone, the reverence, and the gracious spirit of the posts here are outstanding and give you all your propers.

--------------------
St. Peh

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Laurie;

Yo quiero Taco Bell!!!! [thumbsup2]

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheech:
I dreamt I was in my old (catholic, but have sense changed churches and religions)church back home, which is a good sized church. The dreams were the same...there are at least 10 people in the church and we are all spread out. There is a blue (possibly red mixed in) ball of fire...light trying to enter all of us but I don't get a good feeling from this light. I'm a little confused over that part because the color blue always seemed to have the meaning of spirituality behind it. Anyhow, this blue ball kept trying to get into these people but I knew if it did it wouldn't be a good thing. I would grab the hand of the one that it was headed for and the ball would bounce off of them. I kept doing this until we all got together and held hands, the light bouncing off of each one of their chests...then it came flying towards me but I woke up. I think it bounced off of me but I'm not sure.

Wow, this kinda reminds me of my dream with the green goo (could be the same as the blue flame). I'm reminded that Blue is usually the color that represents 'spirituality' in the Hindu/New Age religion. In Hindu art, their false god krish** is always depicted as being blue with four arms.

Seeing that So Much New Age teaching is 'seeping' into the churches, I think that's significant! (These are my 'thoughts' about the dream, I'm far from an Interpreter [Wink] )

--------------------

redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been hesitant to post here, but thought I'd share a thought or two.

I lean more towards the camp of dreams are probably meaningless for the most part. I agree with whoever stated that if God is speaking to you in a dream, you will know it. I have had dreams in the past about the end of the world, and spiritual warfare, but I can't say as though there was a message there for me to preach. So many things affect what we dream. You could be on the phone just before bed, and in passing someone mentions having McDonald's for dinner. The next morning you're wondering why you had a nightmare of when you used to work there! [youpi] (yes, I'm speaking from personal experience) So, I say all that to say that I agree we need to be careful when trying to "interpret" dreams.

On another note, in reference to Ripp's post (edit - apparently he deleted it, but it was there, I promise). I graduated with a degree in psychology. Shortly after graduation, I read a book called something like "Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology". It really opened my eyes to a lot of anti-biblical teachings embedded in the psychology field (not so surprising, I know). I don't use my degree at all today, and if I was ever to go back to school in a related field, it would probably be Christian counseling, or something along those lines.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, by the way, Drew - how did you know what I had for dinner last night?!!
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless each of you, and I am so very blessed by our fellowship and sharing.

We must place our reliance in our Lord and His Word. Our dreams can be prophetic, or they could be a result of that extra taco with hot sauce from the night before. As long as we are led by His Word our path will be illuminated.

God bless and thank you so for sharing.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right on, Sister! Obedience to the conviction of the Holy Spirit within us is a surefire sign you are on the path of righteousness. Amen, and God bless you [Smile]
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

Good answers [Smile] I like the response about the spice salsa and pinto beans [Smile] I sometimes have to think what I ate the night before that gave me the weird dreams [Wink]

I will toss the books. I don't need them anyhow and feel only God can really tell us what something means. Plus I feel anything that gives me this strong of a bad feeling can't be good...meaning dreams are ok...but relying on something other than God to help you figure them out is not good.

You guys are good therapy!

cheech

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Well, the title of this thrad was chosen because I am fond of a passage in Joel that is about the end times that speaks of the Lord sending dreams and viosions and prophecies to His people. For this reason I think it makes good sense to pay attention to our dreams. I believe it is a mistake to dismiss possibly significant dreams ont he basis of modern psychology telling us that our dreams are all just our subconscious getting a workout while we sleep. This is certainly possible, but also possible is God speaking to us while we sleep.

However, I also believe that good sense would direct us to not become too tied up in worrying about them and what they mean. Also, we are to avoid allowing non-Christian mysticism stuff into our lives, so we should exercise due caution in what we use to interpret dreams. I recommend measuring everything against prayer and Scripture and the input of solid Christian brethren (and sister-ren...hehehe).

Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bless you, Linda.

When I read the word "dream" I recalled my own last night:

People were shooting at Christians for sport. For a while none were killed although most were injured. It was more bullying than anything...done to intimidate and frighten Christians to keep them at a distance.

Then, just as it seemed it would stop I saw a man get shot through the heart and fall dead. I felt as if my brother had just been killed. I knew then "it was on" and more would be slaughtered.

That is it.

Now, I must tell you I'm not big on dreams. I mean, without the proper guidance and discernment focusing on dreams can do more harm than good. Some are from the Lord, for sure, but some are also induced by eating spicy salsa and pinto beans.

The being said: My reaction from this particular dream was quite emotional and memorable so I believe it is at least an image of the contempt that lies within the hearts of those who oppose Christ and the lengths they would go to crush His testimony.

"Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, 'Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.'"

Hallelujah to the Lamb!

Aaron

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I had written my dream down; I have now lost it. I think that it is wrong for US to interpret dreams; I think God must give us the interpretation if it is indeed a word from him; if it is a word from him you will find its confirmation in the scripture and in the Body through the Holy Ghost.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

I really encourage you all to write down your dreams. It's nice to be able to talk about my dreams here...there are few people who know about the dreams I've had...my husband being one. It was he that encouraged me to write down my dreams when I'd wake up during the night with some of them. I began writing them down...the ones that woke me out of a sound sleep. Now I just write them down as I remember them or what I feel is important.

Soft Touch: That is some dream. I've had dreams of churches as well. I haven't had them in a while, but at least 2 or 3 of them I dreamt I was in my old (catholic, but have sense changed churches and religions)church back home, which is a good sized church. The dreams were the same...there are at least 10 people in the church and we are all spread out. There is a blue (possibly red mixed in) ball of fire...light trying to enter all of us but I don't get a good feeling from this light. I'm a little confused over that part because the color blue always seemed to have the meaning of spirituality behind it. Anyhow, this blue ball kept trying to get into these people but I knew if it did it wouldn't be a good thing. I would grab the hand of the one that it was headed for and the ball would bounce off of them. I kept doing this until we all got together and held hands, the light bouncing off of each one of their chests...then it came flying towards me but I woke up. I think it bounced off of me but I'm not sure.

I had a dream where I was tryng to literally beat an evil possesion out of my husband. I use to think it meant helping him, but I now realize that most people in dreams are a reflection of yourself, so maybe I was trying to beat the evil out of me?

My most favorite dream was a few years ago during my soul searching time [Wink] I was standing on sand but felt like I was facing an ocean though I couldn't see it. There were little lights all over the sand (many like little start) and they began going out, one by one. Next I was falling through space (I recall sitting in a small box...weird [Smile] ) and I remember seeing stars everywhere. I heard a deep voice say "this is the new heaven and the new earth". Next thing I know I was standing in the same spot as before only the little lights started coming on one by one. And THAT is why I write down my dreams [Wink]

For all posters : My question is this...is dream interpretation wrong?

In Jeremiah 27:9 it states: So do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your interpreters of dreams, your mediums or your sorcerers who tell you, 'You will not serve the king of Babylon.'

So is trying to interpret your dreams wrong or is it talking about the way it's done, as in those days, for profit, deceiving or taking control instead of allowing God to control and inform?

I see dreams as situations played out at night what we can't seem to deal with during the day...maybe helping with problems. I bring all my problems to God but I also feel he speaks to us in dreams as well...like when Christ spoke in parables...that is how I see dreams...like parables...and those you really have to think about and figure out! Anyhow...I have a few dream symbol books I use only because I don't know what certain symbols mean, but you even have to take those with a grain of salt. I most always ask God to help me understand though.

Any thoughts would be helpful as I struggle with this and worry about it as I don't want to do anything wrong.

Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all: I only have a short time here this morning; I came to share a dream I had last night, but before I do, I have couple of comments and some housekeeping.

1. You all need to know that I am no longer going to let personal attacks go on here. I am sorry. I have orders from above.

2. T7 did not attack you Betty; he did not mention your name. The enemy attacked you; the enmy sat on your shoulder and whispered in your ear "did you haear that? He just slammed you hard and he knows that you believe pre-trib."

Those were not your thoughts; dont claim them. They belong to the enemy who wants us all to get into a he said she said offended state that we 1. sin against our brother, and 2. dont have time to hear HIM (God) in this thread.

Further, you probably do not know what Thunder believes about end times. We have not talked much about what he believes on this board. I have to add here that I do not agree with T7 on all he believes, and I do believe in the pre-trib rapture, but I do not think that T7 does not have part of the picture, because I think he does. I want to talk more about this later in another thread.

3. T7, Betty, used to get offended a lot. She Praise God does not listen to the enemy much any more and because of that I believe that God has been using her in very big ways that are awsome to see. You should come around more that you do see.

4. When we see our brother is offended, let us understand whose work this is; let us pray for that person, let us encourage them and try to help them see who it is that causes us to feel offended when no one has even said our name instead of helping the enemy beat them up and keep them offended.

Thank you. I love you all very much; I pray that you will all know that and not let the enemy cause you to be offended by this post.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Don't have the time the last few posts deserve so will just make one comment on my out the door...Aaron, I think the images in your avatar need to be reversed. Instead of a kitten seeing a lion, I think you are a lion seeing a kitten. Bravo for the stand you took, and I KNOW it was not easy!

--------------------
St. Peh

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless each of you for sharing, and there are many of us who see a time of separation, a division of the wheat from the tares.

I am reminded of my dear Brother in Christ who is standing almost alone within his congregation. The pastor is liberal, the formal church leadership and seminaries so liberal. He stands and declares for God's Word and HIS eternal truth, and only in the adult Sunday School class which he teaches, do a few receive the Gospel. Like you Brother Aaron our Brother's church has abandoned the faith, and betrayed the Believers.

Sister Laurie we will ultimately stand alone before the judgement seat of Christ, and my most fervent prayer for each of us is to hear those MOST glorious words, "Well done thou good and faithful servant".

God bless you.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

It may be significant that in one of my dreams, a few of us sought comfort and solace and encouragement at my church and there was none to be had. It was truly every man and woman to themselves and we had to stand on our faith in God and on that alone.
Aaron
unregistered

Dear friends, I sent this privately to a member but I want to share it here as well.

My wife and I were subject to a similar betrayal by close friends, many of them. It was our beginning out of the ********* Church and into, well, here (where ever this is...is that a cactus?).

Our pastor was preaching on the reality of Laodicea and of the lust of worldly goods (the congregation was completely focused on building a new meeting hall)...a message of repentance...when the wolves attacked. The group, lead by the retired pastor whose entire family attended the church, asked him to quit preaching the message. He didn't. They decided they had had enough and took action.

Some back story: During the time of the pastor's preaching he had support from his elder and friend who was currently serving as the overseer for the district. He had received some stark criticism from the church board and he was concerned. So he took his messages to the overseer and asked, "Am I wrong? Am I not hearing God in this matter?" Every time the overseer would answer, "Friend, it is a hard message but it is what God is saying to the people." He continued preaching on the theme.

Knowing that some were unhappy with the pastor's preaching many of us met for prayer and intersession...sometimes every night of the week. We sensed division was possible and we did not want one soul to disregard what God was saying for the sake of their own desires.

Some months later the District Overseer retired and was replaced by a younger, more "energetic" man. It was said he was "a man with a plan" and that he knew how to foster church growth (are you following me?). He did not know my pastor. The disgruntled members saw an opportunity and took it. They called the new overseer in and asked that he help them clear up the mess.

Long story short he came to our member meeting and presided over the vote for elders. It was known that these elders would be responsible for the direction of the church, no questions asked...a thinly veiled attempt to muzzle the pastor's message.

Well, all but one of the elders selected (8 out of 9) were members of the old pastor's family. My pastor's fate was sealed. He left shortly after that, having been told unapologetically, "You are listening to demonic spirits. Change your message."

One thing sticks out in my mind from the whole event: during the vote the new District Overseer stood in front of the section of saints that had been praying and interceding for nights on end; we would get off work, grab a bite to eat, and head to the church building. We knew that we were in war, a spiritual war, and that the events of the night would determine the fate of the church group. To us, what was unfolding was of monumental importance, not only to the church but to the surrounding communities.

The Overseer turned to my dear friend in the front row and said (most of us heard it), "I don't know about you but I'd rather be home watching the Stanley Cup finals." We could have cried. Some did, I believe. We knew the decision had already been made. The end was sealed.

After my pastor left, the Lord did not immediately release my wife and I from the Sunday meetings. I stayed and ministered recovery..none would be had. He released us shortly thereafter. The first person I told was my elder friend, a man about 80 years old, right after our last meeting there. I deeply respected him.

I approached him, shook his hand and told him we were leaving the church and withdrawing our membership. I still had his hand in my hand when he told me I was making the Lord's heart bleed (that's a quote). I said, "Old man (out of respect), you should know better than that."

Wow, this is quite a long post but it only scratches the surface. I concur: It seems the Lord is indeed separating, dividing, and cutting in these last days. The division between those who lust after worldly treasures and those who seek after God is growing.

"The number of the beast is man's number"...and men will think they are serving God when they destroy the saints.

God Bless you and keep you,
Aaron

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now here we sit in comfort
In luxury and at ease.
Only facing on the nightly news
Persecution, famine, disease.

If we were asked to give our best
To give our very all
Would we step up in the face of death
After seeing our brethren fall?

One day soon a trump will sound,
And the dead in Christ will rise,
And we which are alive and remain,
Will join the Bridegroom in the skies.

(The Harvest, Drew Montgomery)

When one steps forward for the faith, and is refined in the fires of persecution, the "gold" will shine forth brighter and more glorious in their hearts and lives. We in the west are often prosperous, compromised, complacent. In Canada the Word of God is being declared hate speech. In the US how many of the liberal chirches deride and mock the "fundies"?

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, there is persecution coming, and I figure we better tighten our belts, polish our sheilds and sharpen our swords.

God bless.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

quote from RIPP "Remember, the Bible is for ALL Christians, not just here in America. So when it mentions persecution, they are all included."

You are very right, RIPP. I think specifically of the Chinese Christians I recently watched a dvd on and heard a speaker tell of their suffering.

I intended to say I hadn't yet seen persecution towards those who won't "bow the knee" to the new-age teachings seeping into the church. It seems we are still in the "everyone is ok" stage, but per the prophecy I was referring to, it won't be that way always.

We have it so easy here in America, I think it is partly the reason so many of us have dire prophetic words concerning her.

Though I don't know if it was a true saying, I remember once hearing that the Chinese Christians were praying for American Christians that persecution would come since it had strengthened their faith and willingness to die as well as truly live for it and they wanted us to have the same outcome. I believe it was with the idea that we have grown soft and comfortable because there is no real persection.

In any event, as we delve further into these dreams and visions God is giving us it is my belief and desire that the understanding we receive from them will make of us the people of God who will be able to stand up and be counted in days to come, whether we are "taken away" or if we are persecuted during the terrible days.

--------------------
St. Peh

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ripp, maybe the world will blame all their woes on the saints that will be killed during the great tribulation. There will be a great multitude killed during that time as it was revealed to John the Revelator.

Scripture says the AC will wear out the saints. I believe many miracles will be performed for them by the hand of Yahweh during that time but also many lying signs and wonders will be performed by the AC. kinda like when Moses went up against Pharohs magicians. Just a thought. Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

peh wrote:
quote:
Haven't yet seen the persecution but not at all surprised to hear it may well in the future come from Christians themselves.

Remember, the Bible is for ALL Christians, not just here in America. So when it mentions persecution, they are all included. There is persecution going on all the time in other parts of the world. Thousands upon thousands of African Christians have been slaughtered by their Islamic counterparts for years. [Frown] I posted about that months ago and it was sad to watch the world ignore them. The so-called "peace keepers" of the U.N. didn't have the guts to do anything about it. The U.S. and the rest of the world stood silent. Even the ACLU...I guess that the murder of innocent Africans is ok if they are Christians. [Frown]

Thousands of Chinese Christians have to hide in basements. Let's not even mention trying to be Christian in the Middle East. [Frown]

Although we have just seen a glimpse of what persecution is like, the rest of the worlds Christians know. And the silence is very telling. Kill a monk in Tibet and the world is in an uproar. Slaughter several thousand Christians and nobody cares.

I don't know how bad it's going to get here but it's not getting any better. But eventually the world will get what it wants, one without Christians (meaning the rapture). They will soon learn that the glue that was holding the world together has all but dissolved. I wonder who they will blame all their woes on then...

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

P.S. All these dreams are fascinating. I had a dream about a week ago about Jesus but I can't remember what it was about now. I guess I need to start journaling them.

peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

quote from helpforhomeschoolers "I now believe that the falling away will be a huge fire filled revival type movement within the church that seeks this world's meat rather than God's manna; their desire being for worldly power and riches and wealth and believing that they are serving God,.....will persecute those who will stand on the word of God...."

Awesome, and seems right in line with the current "rage", ie Jabez prayer, Purpose-Driven Life, etc. Haven't yet seen the persecution but not at all surprised to hear it may well in the future come from Christians themselves.

After all, we are warned that we are not better than our Master, that since He was persecuted by the religious, we should not be surprised if we are.

quote from Texasgrandma "The devil is fighting harder and harder to discourage those who are working for Jesus." What amazes me is that he is so successful! Yet, why should I be surprised when Daniel 7:25 says, "....And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High.."

quote from Thunderz "pray, read the WORD, pray again, and listen, hold fast to your convictions, and to what GOD is saying to you.
Don't let the detractors steal GOD's revelation from you..." All I can say to that is AMEN!

quote from Cheech "well he showed me the truth but it wasn't what I was looking for...it was the truth about me." Uh, huh, been there, got the t-shirt, wearing it now [Big Grin]

another quote from Cheech ""are you ready to eat" and I said "yes". Then he asked everyone the same question and they all said yes. That dream was more comforting." Got a Holy Spirit bump or two over that, Cheech, seemed like I could hear Him asking the same question even as I read what you wrote. Are you ready to eat? Are we dressed and ready for the Bridegroom? oh, yeah, even so, COME, LORD JESUS

quote from rancan6776, linda, et all "there will be a great revival or ...there (will) be judgement coming to America. The revival that is coming will be a fake revival and there wiil be judgement on America." Count 'em, gang, and see if I'm correct in seeing 3 posts with basically the same "vision" in them? The Word says out of the mouths of 2 or 3 witnesses shall every word be established. Selah for sure!

quote caretaker "But above the mass and the buildings appeared a shining cross of gold with light shining forth and illuminating the darkness below. As the cross appeared amidst the dark roiling mass below, specs of gold burst forth in light of gold as if activated/reflective of the cross,"

I was given a vision that is very much like this one: I saw a deep valley, and when the Spirit bid me look over the edge I stood on with Jesus, I saw that there was "a golden glow coming out of the darkness with light shining forth and illuminating the darkness", just as you related, caretaker. In my 'seeing' also, the "specs of gold burst forth in light of gold" and in its light I saw a 'train' of animals coming up out of the deep valley, loaded with packs that glowed also, and I "heard" Jesus saying they were "bringing up treasure" from the depths that would be like gold to those who received it. The 'train' came up and over the edge of the deep valley and proceeded on across a dismal flat land and eventually spiraled down to what I later, after a 2nd 'viewing', realized was earth. As each "landed", there were bursts like fire works that leapt up thru the atmosphere, golden and bright, as if the recipients below were rejoicing over having been delivered the treasure. I was assured that those who led the 'animals' were those who were delivering the gold to the inhabitants of earth.

Those appeared to me to be human, and not angels. I was left with the impression that though I had at first thought of the Grand Canyon when I saw the deep gulch, in reality, since I was with Jesus, I was "in the heavenlies" in Spirit, and that the vision began in heaven, and ended on earth because that is where His Word, the treasure, would be joyfully received when delivered by those special ones who brought it to the inhabitants.

I am convinced that the people were in fact, humans now living, ones who have taken the Word as the treasure it is and who have labored in the deeps until they have 'refined' it and made it so valuable to others. (I was reminded as I thought on this that to take gold out of the earth is no simple task, one must find it, work hard to remove it, and then process it somehow, I'm not sure of how that occurs, but I do know it takes multiple steps and much work)

Well, that is it for now, I am coming back to this thread often, and hoping for more and more posts revealing what the Spirit is speaking!

--------------------
St. Peh

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
I don't know if I've shared this before? But here goes:

I had a really freaky dream a few years ago that I can still remember to this day. I still haven’t really figured out what all of it meant.

I dreamed I was in a small wooden Messianic Church building in the countryside and it was DARK, Really, Really DARK outside; but it was daytime. Through the window I saw this bubbling green goo oozing it’s way towards the church building. It started seeping in through the walls and onto the congregation. I heard a voice tell me to hide in the Ark (this is a portable closet where the Torah scroll is kept in the Messianic Congregations). I went inside and watched as the ooze continued to creep over the seats… the congregation disappeared and so did the green ooze. I finally came out of the Ark closet and made my way outside. There was a farmer on his tractor that seemed oblivious to the darkness and all that had happened. I asked him where everyone was… he said he didn’t know. Just then my husband pulled up in our car with Steven and I got in. We drove down this long straight road towards a city that looked like it was on fire. There was a mushroom cloud above the city and everything was glowing red/orange. The Darkness was still incredible and there was thunder and lightening all around us. As we drove towards the city, the three of us were singing “Amazing Grace.” That was it; I woke up.

The only thing I can figure out from the dream is that God was telling me to Hide in HIS Word (represented by the Torah in the Ark closet) to escape the poison (which I believe is what the green goo represented) which was overtaking the congregation.

Wow Sis! This sounds a LOT like Drew's dream!

God bless. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Peh!!!!

I found Sister Deb's,(Softouch), dream to be fascinating.

The Word was her sanctuary against what was consuming the congregation. A spiritual battle.

The farmer on his tractor so unaware. The secular world blind to the spiritual reality.

She and her loved-ones united in the Amazing Grace, separated from the judgement falling upon the multitude.

God bless you Sis for sharing.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Wow, that was strange....I was reading the posts and the Spirit was all around me, bringing to my mind visions and dreams I've had over the years, many of which are very similar to those related on this thread and SUDDENLY there's the "pre-trib attack" post by TG and Thunderz' response. It took me a minute or two to gather my thoughts together, as I searched the posts again, thinking I'd skipped to another thread somehow, or something.

TG, Thunderz, please understand I am not pointing out either of you as disrupters or any such thing. Neither am I saying or insinuating either of you are "wrong" in any way, (I'm having trouble with how to say this because I so do not want to offend either of you, or any other poster, for that matter).

On any other thread, a discussion on whether there is a pre-trib rapture or not would probably be perfectly appropriate, but this thread is a unique blessing. I speak as one who has had visions and dreams for years and has had no venue in which to voice what I heard and saw or to hear from others what the Spirit is speaking.

Do you realize we are hearing from "seers", from prophets, whether they know themselves to be such or not? It is no mistake that somehow we are all here at this time and relating dreams and visions.

I pray Father will allow it to continue, without hesitation on anyone's part, or any deprecating asperions being cast on the anyone's dreams and visions, either by the one relating them or the ones responding to the revelation.

First off, none of us knows everything...if a dream or vision seems portentous to you, it probably is. At the same time, let's not get offended if "our" dream or vision is not received by other posters as truly prophetic, or "spiritual".

But let's do allow that we could have misinterpreted or misunderstood what we "saw" or "heard". Let's investigate the visions and dreams, see how they line up with Scripture, how they match the other posters inner witness, etc.

Perhaps we can get a sort of consensus of meaning that will be profitable to the Body as a whole, who knows?

From what I read here, and my own visions and dreams, times are coming when we will need every bit of information we can gather about what is happening, both for ourselves and for others around us as the terrible events begin to happen.

--------------------
St. Peh

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Sincerely Ask Everyone here to do their Best Not to Argue or be Offended over Rapture timing. Obviously we all have differing understandings on this issue. I think we've all been through enough lately.

PLEASE, if you (whoever 'you' may be - I'm not pointing to Anyone, but everyone) find yourself offended, Please take it before the Lord in prayer and ask HIM to take the offense away from you. I'm Apealing to everyone here as a Sister in Christ.

--------------------

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TEXASGRANDMA says
quote:
Thunderz7
I never attacked Laurie

T7-Exacly where did I accuse you of attacking Laurie?
If in my use of the word detractor, in my first post, you feel I meant TEXASGRANDMA and no one else, then you are mistaken, but still I give you my apology.

TG says
quote:
I sought God for weeks in prayer and Bible study. I asked him to reveal to me if I was believing a lie.
T7-I don't claim to be all knowing, but my Bible study, prayer and time listening for the reply of YHWH, tells me pre-trib is wrong.
If that offends you, I am sorry.
Would you have me not post in any thread where you have placed an opinion?
If so, let me know and you've got it.

TG says
quote:
God sent many things my way to show me that the Bible is right and there is a pre-trib rapture.
T7-At least we both agree that the Bible is right.
But GOD has sent many things to show me that Pre-trib is not right.
Again, if you want me to avoid anywhere you post let me know, I'll stay out.

TG says
quote:
This time last year I was being attacked by those who believe like you.
T7-I doubt you know much of what I believe;
And if you will remember, I had little to say in those threads, and usually stay out of such when it becomes mud-slingling and rock throwing all around, as some things have been lately.

TG says
quote:
I think it is very wrong of you to come here and accuse me of something I did not do.

T7-I did not call your name, you habitually accuse people of attacking you who have a different opinion than you, and often apply words and comments to people that they never said.

TG says
quote:
The Bible says that we are too look for the blessed hope.
T7 - Amen

TG says
quote:
But the Christian will not be here for the trib.

T7-That remains to be seen.
Who's to say you won't be raptured in death before the trib?
Would that make us both right?

TG says
quote:
If there was not a pre trib rapture the Bible would have had taught us how to survive the trib.
T7-the Bible has much, very much, teaching us to survive the trib.

TG says
quote:
All I know is I took a few weeks off from the board and I sought God with all my heart on this. He gave me peace that there will be a pre-trib rapture. I am at peace with that.
T7-I'm truly glad you have peace with your convictions;
I'm am quite at peace with mine;
as I told Laurie, so I tell you, hold fast to your convictions.
It is more than obvious that we will not agree on a pre-trib rapture.
So just don't expect me to agree with you, and when I state something against Pre-trib, don't make such a personal attack of it.

TG says
quote:
I got so aggraviated at thunder who attacked me out of no where,

T7 - you take offense where none was intended.

TEX-GRAN,
I truly had no intention if offending you.
If you perceive an attack from my first post i offer a sincere apology.
So i offer peace.
I won't post again in this thread, because it didn't start about pre-trib, Texasgrandma or T7,
It about LaurieFL's dream.

Shalom
T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dreams that I have that are the most painful, is those when I dream about my sister who passed away. Seeing her in my dreams make me miss her so much more. I am usually depressed after I dream of her. I usually wake up cranky ( poor hubby) [Razz]
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

The human body is a complex system, and dreams especially can be very wild. But dreams may be nothing more than the body trying to digest and sort and clear out accoumulated material, like a cache on a computer, stuff that needs to go into the Recycle Bin or into archive.

Add to that that the Devil can talk to the soul and the whole biosphere of the dream system becomes helter-skelter.

My sister dreamed that she saw me in a casket 4 years ago and the dream scared her so she called me to tell me about it, "just in case." But I'm still here.

Every now and then I can still have a dream which eventually finds me waking up screaming for help at the top of my lungs, and I can only hope that the closeby neighbors didn't call 911: "Uh, sorry, officer, I was just dreamin'."

I think when we get a dream from the LORD, we will know very surely that it was from God, the kind of dream that will be enough to make a sensible person like Joseph get up in the middle of the night and take the lad Jesus and Mary into Egypt.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if I've shared this before? But here goes:

I had a really freaky dream a few years ago that I can still remember to this day. I still haven’t really figured out what all of it meant.

I dreamed I was in a small wooden Messianic Church building in the countryside and it was DARK, Really, Really DARK outside; but it was daytime. Through the window I saw this bubbling green goo oozing it’s way towards the church building. It started seeping in through the walls and onto the congregation. I heard a voice tell me to hide in the Ark (this is a portable closet where the Torah scroll is kept in the Messianic Congregations). I went inside and watched as the ooze continued to creep over the seats… the congregation disappeared and so did the green ooze. I finally came out of the Ark closet and made my way outside. There was a farmer on his tractor that seemed oblivious to the darkness and all that had happened. I asked him where everyone was… he said he didn’t know. Just then my husband pulled up in our car with Steven and I got in. We drove down this long straight road towards a city that looked like it was on fire. There was a mushroom cloud above the city and everything was glowing red/orange. The Darkness was still incredible and there was thunder and lightening all around us. As we drove towards the city, the three of us were singing “Amazing Grace.” That was it; I woke up.

The only thing I can figure out from the dream is that God was telling me to Hide in HIS Word (represented by the Torah in the Ark closet) to escape the poison (which I believe is what the green goo represented) which was overtaking the congregation.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement