Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » And your old men will dream dreams.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: And your old men will dream dreams....
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
Yahsway, honey you are so right. The best thing we can do is stay prayed up. I Pray for the rapture every day, but I agree we must pray for courage to withstand whatever may happen before that.
None of us knows what the future, holds.
God bless you.

betty

Amen Sisters Yahsway and Betty! We just don't know when or how we're gonna go home, so we'd better be prepared ASAP [thumbsup2]

And Sister Betty, you don't owe me an apology at all! [Kiss]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yahsway, honey you are so right. The best thing we can do is stay prayed up. I Pray for the rapture every day, but I agree we must pray for courage to withstand whatever may happen before that.
None of us knows what the future, holds.
God bless you.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that i do agree with you TG is to be at Peace. I just did not want the thread to turn into another Rapture free for all if you know what I mean. Since no one knows the day or hour I would rather just stay ready and not debate such things.

But you are right on in that we must each of us be at Peace about what we do believe in that area. I just wanted to say that. Love you Tg!!

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I know is I took a few weeks off from the board and I sought God with all my heart on this. He gave me peace that there will be a pre-trib rapture. I am at peace with that. [Bible]

but thank you.
betty [hug]

Soft touch,

I owe you a public apology. I am so sorry.
Pardon my ignorance, my sweet kind loving friend!

God bless and keep you. We all should pray for Linda! This has been a very hard couple of days. Even descions we know are right can be painful to make. May God give her peace over all this.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TEXG, You know I love you with all my heart. I myself am not a pre-trib believer. But there are many beliefs such as pre-trib, mid-trib, post trib,rapture.

Since I do not know the day nor the hour of His coming, I just stand fast and stay ready for anything.

But the Blessed Hope is the redeemption of our bodies. To those who are dead now and to those whose bodies will change in the twinkling of an eye. this is when we are given bodies like His (Jesus) ones that will not decay or die, ones that will be clothed in His Robes of rightousness. This is what Paul meant by that Blessed Hope. He told us that the dead will rise first and be given New Bodies and then those who are rightous in him who are still alive at His coming will recieve their New bodies that will live forever.

Could this happen as pre-tribs believe? Yes! Could this happen as Mid-tribs believe? Yes
Could this happen as Post tribs believ? Yes!

The blessed Hope is the one of the final redeemption of our bodies. We are already redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb by accepting what He has done for us on the cross and by our confession of faith and walking daily with Him.

No one knows of that day or hour. So I personally believe that we must keep our lights trimmed and just be ready. I could die a physical death tomorrow. But i must be ready to either go that way (cause theres no turning back once your dead) or go when He comes. But my most Blessed Hope is that either way I will live forever in a glorious New body that will never die. HallaluYah.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 1982 I was praying deeply and most fervently in the spirit, in a little church. A picture came to me of a large metropolitan street with tall skyscrapers on each side. From one side of the street to the other a black mass of multiple tendrals writhing moving unfurling flowing it covered the street and touched each building until nothing was left but a black corridor between darkened buildings.

But above the mass and the buildings appeared a shining cross of gold with light shining forth and illuminating the darkness below. As the cross appeared amidst the dark roiling mass below, specs of gold burst forth in light of gold as if activated/reflective of the cross, and the gold specks were drawn upward as if lifted up by a megnent, and adhered to the cross and formed its very structure, and the mass was left dark and desolate.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A cancer can be a mass in the body which sends out feelers into the surrounding tissue. It often needs to be cut-out and the tendrils burned by radiation or chemo.

This is what I see happening in the Body today. There is a black mass of the spirit of anti-Christ spreading across the body, inserting itself into and infiltrating the congregations, active and insidious on so many fronts, deceiving so many which term it light and truth. Only the Truth and the Sword of the Word can illuminate it and sever it from the Body, and so many are embracing it.

2 Peter 2:
1: But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2: And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3: And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
4: For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5: And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6: And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7: And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
9: The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helpforhomeschoolers,

wow...God just gave me some scripture earlier today about a situation that involved the falling away....

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

I had lunch with my pastor yesterday and we were discussing wether or not there will be a great revival or will there be judgement coming to America. The revival that is coming will be a fake revival and there wiil be judgement on America.

the very center of God's word.....

Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

I dont think its a mistake that this verse is the center of the Bible.

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't feel bad...last week I dreamt I was crucified upside down for my beliefs [Frown] I wish I could say I was kidding but I'm not because I told my husband about it after I woke up and I wrote it down.)This week I prayed to God before sleep to show me the truth...well he showed me the truth but it wasn't what I was looking for...it was the truth about me. Something I needed to know...I have the knowledge but I but my insides are still fearful. So I'm masking on the outside what I'm feeling on the inside. It wasn't easy to figure out but once I started thinking about it and trying to decipher it the rest fell into place. I simply told God I was sorry and thanked him for showing me this...cried a little and fell asleep again. This time I had a dream I was sitting at a banquet table with many many many others and we all had plates of rice. The authority figure (thats the feeling I got of him although I couldn't see his face) next to me asked "are you ready to eat" and I said "yes". Then he asked everyone the same question and they all said yes. That dream was more comforting.

Now...there could be many reasons why we have dreams like these. Sometimes it has to do with our surroundings and thoughts...I have been doing alot of research (read some stuff on St. Peter), plus what you see on tv and read on boards like this...it can all come out in your dreams...things we don't want to deal with or can't comprehend during the day sometimes come out at night. I have to look at that also. Or it could definitely be communication from God or the otherside as well so you really have to be careful. Someone said that you will know which side it's coming from if what is shown or said jives with the bible.

I have been writing down my dreams for a few years now...not every one but most of them. Do I consider them prophetic? Naaaa...but they do help me figure out my problems better. Sometimes they don't always mean what we think they mean also. You just have to ask God for clear guidance when you have dreams that disturb you. Are mine getting more intense? I have to admit...yes. Sometimes I see our dreams like parables...you have to take it piece by piece and decipher what is meant by the symbols that are used. Cool, huh [Smile]

Don't fret over it too much...just continue on reading God's word and pray for understanding and guidance [Smile]

cheech

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

Posts: 35 | From: KS | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 16 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
{{{{{{{Sisters Linda and Betty [hug] }}}}}}}}}

I thought you could both use a HUG - I wish I could give it to you in person! You've both been through a very rough time and I understand the pain you've been feeling. The Lord God give you HIS Peace that surpasses all understanding and wrap you in HIS Loving arms and comfort you! In Jesus' Name I ask, Amen.

I Love you In The Lord!

1 Thessalonians 5
1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

1 Thessalonians 4:17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LaurieFL,
I'm sure you know there will be those who will tell you dreams and visions from GOD are not for today---
they are wrong, hold fast to your convictions.

There are those so wrapped up in traditions of men, and so comfortable with the pre-trib theory, that they will try to convince you your dreams are not of GOD, that it's just dreams, or even that it is of the devil, if it doesen't agree with the pre-trib theory---
I believe they too are wrong, hold fast to your convictions.

From the little you gave us, it seems to me your dreams are in line with scriptural prophesy.---
but that is what I believe, for you,
pray, read the WORD, pray again, and listen,
hold fast to your convictions, and to what GOD is saying to you.
Don't let the detractors steal GOD's revelation from you.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

--------------------

speak the word and claim it is so popular now, but we are coming to time when we need to spend more time in prayer for lost souls then anything. Time is running out on the chance for those to be saved before the rapture and for many the chance to be saved at all. We must pray and seek God for these lost souls that their eyes will open to the truth and accept Jesus as their savior.

Believe, me, I would love for the grab and claim it to be true. I have been praying for several years for a home in the country. I will still pray for that, but my heart is telling me to spend more time praying for the lost. Only God knows how much time we have. Some day God may give us a home in the country, or maybe Jesus will come back before that. What is important that I keep my eyes on Jesus. I pray that God will open everyone's eyes to the need to pray for our lost loved ones, friends, and strangers we meet.
betty

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found that in times when God was trying to speak to me and the things of life kept me to busy be quiet long enough to hear his still soft voice, HE has spoken to me in dreams.

I do not know about the rapture; I believe there will be one and that it will be pre trib; but let me share with you that God has been speaking to me for 2 weeks or so now a huge warning; the falling away that must come first is here and it is not what I had always thought it would be; I had thought that it would be people falling blatantly out of church into backsliding kind of sin.

I no longer believe this; I now believe that the falling away will be a huge fire filled revival type movement within the church that seeks this world's meat rather than God's manna; their desire being for worldly power and riches and wealth and believing that they are serving God, but really they are feeding the beast and they will persecute those who will stand on the word of God and reject the twisted scriptural views of this movement. I believe that the power of the enemy's deception is so cunning and the lust of thier flesh for the deisres of the things of this world is so strong that they will deny the manna of God unashamedly and they will persecute the people of God for their testimony.

God has shown me this in a very painful way as I have lost the friendships of three people whom I have loved, considered brothers, prayed with, prayed for, and even stood side by side with against the enemy in previous times.

When this happened with my first friend, I was shocked, totally unprepared and the attack against me was without provocation. All that had happened was I spoke in disagreement with him. We had agreed to disagree on other things non essential before. But this time He not I but he drew a line in the sand. I was so heartbroken I cannot tell you. I considered this person a very very dear friend. I prayed for 3 days Laurie; I begged God to show me I was wrong. My husband worried about me because I went to bed crying and agonizing and begging God to show me where I was wrong so that I could go to my friend and apologize and smooth things over. Three days... God would give me the same words:

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

1 Corinthians 4:6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

God told me that this had happened with my friend because I needed to understand that I had to be willing to stand on HIS word ALONE even if it meant I had to stand against my beloved friend, co-worker, husband, even my own mother. The days were coming that standing was going to cost even our relationships with loved ones.

I did not want to hear this; but I had heard. That was 2 or so weeks ago; since then I have lost 2 more friends the same way.

There is a whole lot more to be said, but not now.

I have shared this with a few others and they have confirmed that what I heard was the very same thing that they have also heard in different ways. I believe that God is speaking is make ready, judgment is coming and coming soon. Time to get out of bed with the devil repent and buy oil trim our lamps wear our armor at all times and having done all that we can do just stand.

I dont know what your spirit is saying to you, but to me your dream does not sound so different than my awake vision.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I am not expert, I am the very first to admit this. But, it is possible that the devil is giving you these dreams to upset you. It seems the devil is fighting more and more to convince people that there is no rapture. I believe it is his attempt to get our eyes off the soon return of Jesus Christ.
I believe you are being singled out for this because of your strong faith and love for Jesus. The devil is fighting harder and harder to discourage those who are working for Jesus.
I will add your name to my prayer list; specifically that God will stop the devil from tormenting your dreams.
God bless and keep you.
betty

--------------------

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and your old women? Perhaps.

I have had repetitive dreams of late, and I don't know if they are just the usual sub-conscious mumbo jumbo of the dream state or if they are significant, but thought they were worth sharing.

In all of the dreams, our country has been quickly overtaken by something that can only be described as the AntiChrist. Christians are hated and hunted. There was no rapture and the Tribulation is upon us and we are here to endure it. It is frightening and everyone is very disorganized and trying to hide or get away to safety while refusing to denounce Christ or follow the new regime.

Scary stuff!

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement