Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Temple Mount locaton solved!

Author Topic: Temple Mount locaton solved!
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I hope when all this takes place the Chrisitans will be in Heaven.

AMEN Betty! Me too!!!

- Maranatha!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people believe that the anit-christ will offer something that the muslims want so badly that they will allow the temple of the rock to be torn down for the Jewish Temple. One fiction book suggested that it would be the Ark of the Covenant. I hope when all this takes place the Chrisitans will be in Heaven.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, there are interestingly two areas of exposed natural rock which are not covered over with paving stones.

One of these exposed areas of natural rock is under the Dome of the Rock, which the Moslems claim is where Abraham tried to sacrifice Isaac (or Ishmael).

And the second area of exposed natural rock is under the Dome of the Spirits. This little Dome of the Spirits sits on the north end of the Temple pavement, and is apparently in line with the sealed Eastern Gate.

Now the rock under the Dome of the Rock is not flat but is more like a craggy outcropping or summit of a mountain top which could never have been a threshingfloor.

But the exposed rock under the Dome of the Spirits is flat and smooth, and this rock must have been the threshingfloor of Ornan which David bought from Ornan for a place to put the altar of the LORD:

1 Chronicles 21
22 Then David said to Ornan, Grant me the place of this threshingfloor, that I may build an altar therein unto the LORD: thou shalt grant it me for the full price: that the plague may be stayed from the people.

The original temple would therefore more likely have stood between the Eastern Gate and the west wall behind the Dome of the Spirits, than where the Devil later put his Dome of the Rock, over the wrong stone, so that a temple could be rebuilt using the smooth stone of Ornan under the Dome of the Spirits again.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Advanced Member
Member # 3254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoy watching Hal Lindsey, he is my favorite...anyway I believe that the temple will be built right along side the dome of the rock...there is no way the muslims will allow the dome to come down. Imagine if someone were to tear down all our churches, all across the world, what an uproar there would be...now I know that we don't need a building to be gathered together, but it just wouldn't go over well with us...so why would the muslims just stand there and let their dome be tore down...I believe that the anti-christ can't even make that happen. Just my opinion...

Israel

--------------------
Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee.

Posts: 97 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is Hal Lindsey's latest... and I'd always wondered how the Temple would be rebuilt considering that the Dome of the Rock is sitting where it is... but it's apparently a moot point:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42898

The clock is ticking! [Eek!]

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement