Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » "Signs" of the End-Times ARE Increasing in Number and Frequency

Author Topic: "Signs" of the End-Times ARE Increasing in Number and Frequency
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a Wonderful Article that covers the signs from A to Z from Linda’s (HelpForHomschoolers) site: http://helpforhomeschoolers.com/

Signs of the Times
God never pours out His wrath without warning because "He does not wish that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). Jesus said that when we see all these signs come together, He will be "right at the door," ready to return (Matthew 24: 33). God is warning, and Jesus is at the gates of Heaven waiting for His Father's command.

Are you ready?
I. Signs In Nature
(Matthew 24:7; Mark 13: 8; and Luke 21:11)
1) Famine
2) Earthquakes
3) Plagues
4) Signs in the Heavens
(Unusual weather, new discoveries in space, UFO's, etc.)

II. Signs In Society
(Matthew 24:12,37-39 & 2 Timothy 3:1-4)
1) Lawlessness
2) Violence
3) Immorality
4) Greed
5) Selfishness
6) Hedonism
7) Rebellion
8) Despair

III. Spiritual Signs
1) Negative
a) False christs & Prophets and their cultic groups (Matthew 24:5,11,2-4; Mark 13:6,21-22; and Luke 21:8).
b) Apostasy in the professing church (2 Thessalonians 2:3; and 2 Timothy 3:5, 4:3-4).
c) Widespread heresy in the church (2 Timothy 4:1-4).
d) Movement toward a one world religion (Revelation 17).
e) Persecution of true believers (Matthew 24:9-10; Mark 13:9,11-13; and Luke 21:12-19).
f) Outbreak of demonic and occult activity (1 Timothy 4:1).

2) Positive
a) Outpouring of the Holy Spirit (Joel 2:28-29).
b) Revival of Davidic worship (1 Chronicles 16:1-39; Psalm 150; and Amos 9:11).
c) Worldwide evangelism (Matthew 24:14 and Mark 13:10).
d) Understanding of Bible prophecy (Daniel 12:4,8-9).

IV. World Political Signs
1) Re-establishment of Israel. (Ezekiel 36:22 - 37:1-2; Zechariah 12:1-6; Matthew 24:32-34; Mark 13:28- 30; and Luke 21:29-31).
2) Arab hostility toward Israel (Ezekiel 35:1 - 36:7).
3) Russia as a menacing power to Israel (Ezekiel 38:1 - 39:16).
4) Asian nations capable of fielding an army of 200 million (Revelation 9:15-16 and 16:12).
5) Wars and rumors of wars (Matthew 24:6-7; Mark 13:7-8; and Luke 21:10).
6) Kingdom against kingdom -- that is, civil wars and ethnic wars (Matthew 24:7; Mark 13:8; and Luke 21:10).
7) Reunification of Europe (Daniel 2:41-44, 7:8, 24-25, and 9:26).
8) Movement toward a one world economy (Revelation 18).

V. Technological Signs
1) Nuclear weapons.
(Matthew 24:22; Luke 21: 25-26; and Revelation 6:8, 8:7 and 16: 2-).
2) Television and satellite transmission (Revelation 11:3-12).
3) Robotics (Revelation 13:14-15).
4) Computer and laser technology (Revelation 13:16-18).
5) High speed transportation (Daniel 12:4).

VI. The Accelerator Sign
1) Population explosion (Revelation 9: 15-16 and 16:12).
2) Increase in knowledge (Daniel 12:4).
3) Increase in violence (Matthew 24:12).
4) Increase in transportation (Daniel 12:4).
5) Rapid disintegration of society (1 Timothy 3:1-4).
6) Signs in general to be like birth pangs' that is, increasing in frequency and intensity (Matthew 24:8).

VII. Signs In Israel
1) Re-gathering of the people (Isaiah 11:10-12 and Ezekiel 37:1-12).
2) Re-establishment of the state (Isaiah 66:7-8; Zechariah 12:1-6; and Matthew 24:32-35).
3) Reclamation of the land (Isaiah 35:1-2,7 and Ezekiel 36:34-35).
4) Revival of the language (Zephaniah 3:9).
5) Resurgence of the military (Zechariah 12:6)
6) Refocusing of world politics (Zechariah 12:2-3).
7) Reoccupation of Jerusalem (Zechariah 12:2-6).

I wish I had remembered this article when I first started this thread! Thank you Sister Linda for such a Comprehensive Study!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Signs in the Sun, Moon, and Stars

http://spaceweather.com/

Asteroids – Sun Spots – Green Comets – and Near Earth Asteroids… This site shows when you can SEE these things this month.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe you might be right Sis. But if not, it sure makes things interesting!

-

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
[QUOTE] "Russian-Iranian cooperation is also developing in the military and technical sphere," Iranian ambassador to Moscow Gholamreza Shafei said.

I've been watching this develop over the past 5 years or so... I think this is definitely the 'hook in Magog's jaw'

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

check out the extreme number of Earthquakes in just the past 30 days:

http://www.iris.edu/seismon/last30days.phtml

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

WOW! What a day for news!

IRAN REPORTS DEFENSE TIES WITH RUSSIA

quote:
"Russian-Iranian cooperation is also developing in the military and technical sphere," Iranian ambassador to Moscow Gholamreza Shafei said.
Maranatha! [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

4I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords. 5Persia, Ethiopia,[b] and Libya[c] are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops--many people are with you. [Ezekiel 38:4-6]

10"Thus says the Lord GOD: "On that day it shall come to pass that thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will make an evil plan: 11You will say, "I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates'-- 12to take plunder and to take booty, to stretch out your hand against the waste places that are again inhabited, and against a people gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and goods, who dwell in the midst of the land. [Ezekiel 38:10-12]

14"Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog, "Thus says the Lord GOD: "On that day when My people Israel dwell safely, will you not know it? 15Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army. 16You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes." 17Thus says the Lord GOD: "Are you he of whom I have spoken in former days by My servants the prophets of Israel, who prophesied for years in those days that I would bring you against them? [Ezekiel 38:14-17]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

WhiteEagle, I'm glad that post spoke to you. It definitely spoke to me!

I'm afraid I never made it through all the Lord of the Rings movies... they were Just Tooooo Long. I never saw the third one. I've heard they are a kind of parallel to end-times events.

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
WOW! How about this one!

Once Again: Ceasefire to be Announced

quote:
"If Israel releases prisoners, stops construction in the settlements, takes down the wall , and stops violence against Palestinians, then the Palestinians will promise to stop the violence."
[Eek!] [rapture]
And you can call me Mary Queen of Scotts [Wink]

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Softtouch,
Your post from a brother in Christ is timely.

It reminds me of the message in the movie; "The Lord of the Rings-Return of the King."

If you haven't seen this movie, I recommend it.

I strongly have been ministered to by the Holy Spirit throughout these 3 movies over the past 3 years and feel, that they represent what IS actually going on in the spiritual realms right now.

In the Return of the King, they "light the beacons" to get aid for the battle against the Dark Lord, who is causing a darkness to fall over the land.

It's even sort of strange and somehow timely that the 2nd movie called the Two Towers came out after the World Trade Center disaster.

I don't think the film maker was trying to make a statement or that even the author of the books ever meant to make a prophecy statment, but the movies can speak to the Christian.

When the riders of Rohan appear at the battlefield overlooking the city of the King which is getting besieged, they have the sunrise behind them and the light shines on them, as they appraise the enemy below.

It reminds of the scripture in Joel 2 which describes a mighty army of the Lord, and of other Bible passages such as in Revelation when the saints will ride on white horses and engage the enemy at Armaggeon.

In the first movie the Fellowship of the Ring, is again another analogy to Felowship and having a common purpose as Christians should have a common purpose.

The battles in Iraq and the recent election and the courage of the Iraqi people to vote against all the violence and death are what the world is up against in these times.

In our own country we have US Senators such as Barbara Boxer and John Kerry who are really like Wormtongue in the Lord of the Rings movie. they would like to deceive all who are good, that they is not really any thing to fight, and the like King Theodans' nephew, Pres. Bush is just a "war mongerer".

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! How about this one!

Once Again: Ceasefire to be Announced

quote:
"If Israel releases prisoners, stops construction in the settlements, takes down the wall , and stops violence against Palestinians, then the Palestinians will promise to stop the violence."
[Eek!] [rapture]
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

This is a post from a Dear Brother in the Lord on another message board. I felt Compelled to share it here because the message is Urgent! We may all face what he's experienced (I know I have and I go through it periodically). May these words strenghten you and help you prepare:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Let me preface this post by saying I have prayed exhaustively over this, but felt compelled to share my dread.

A great darkness is growing around the world, not physically, but in the hearts of men. It started off as small spot and spread like a malignant tumor. A pall is hanging over the world, and today I felt its presence. I sense a great evil approaching, but from where I cannot say. Why make such a post? Because it is time to grow strong. This dread sparked an intense fear in my soul, and made me falter. There was no reason for this. It was like an attack that came on suddenly and left me quivering. It made me question my conviction that Jesus is my savior and made me weak and defenseless. Is this what happens to those who do not have enough faith and conviction? This spiritual assault was real and my mind was clouded with evil thoughts, so overwhelming that I was overcome with despair. I prayed and declared Jesus Christ not only my Savior but the King and Judge who will lead the armies of heaven against the hordes of hell. And so intense was my response that I proclaimed faith as my shield and the Word as my sword. It was as if I was in the midst of a medieval battle. I soon recovered from this entrancement and felt normal again.

I do not blame those who will say “he’s flipped his wig”, and I would not share this experience with just anyone. But I felt that this was a sign, and that it’s important that we get serious about what we preach and start to live it, even if it means we are chastised by our peers.

No longer can we lull ourselves into a sense of security by assuming we are saved. We must become pro-active and I encourage all my brethren to prepare and support each other to become one in the faith. We must stand tall and declare ourselves citizens of the new kingdom.

We need to live what in what we believe; we need to be a beacon to others, lead by example, and be a good neighbor and help those in need. Many may deceive in their affliction but open your hearts and Jesus will tell you what to do.

The time draws near.

A humble servant of the Lord.

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Thanks for those additions Bro!

As I've been reading your website daily, I've been awestruck at the number of 'meteor' sightings and that last article I posted here really knocked that home.

One would have to be either blind or in a really bad state of denial to think these things are not the Biblical signs we were told of. Time grows short and we all need to be prepared!

May our Lamps be filled with Oil and our wicks trimmed because it's getting Really Dark!

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Excellent posts Soft. Things sure are getting weird with our planet. I have a couple other articles that are disturbing:

Ho Chi Minh City Kills Ducks in Bird Flu Fight
HANOI (Reuters) - Vietnam's biggest city, home to 10 million people, began slaughtering its ducks on Wednesday in an increasingly desperate fight to halt the spread of the deadly bird flu virus that has killed 13 people in the last month.

Global warming: scientists reveal timetable
The resultant picture gives the most wide-ranging impression yet of the bewildering array of destructive effects that climate change is expected to exert on different regions, from the mountains of Europe and the rainforests of the Amazon to the coral reefs of the tropics.

Antarctic ice sheet is an 'awakened giant'
Antarctica contains more than 90% of the world's ice, and the loss of any significant part of it would cause a substantial sea level rise. Scientists used to view Antarctica as a "slumbering giant", said Chris Rapley, from the British Antarctic Survey, but now he sees it as an "awakened giant".

Dramatic change in West Antarctic ice could produce 16ft rise in sea levels
British scientists have discovered a new threat to the world which may be a result of global warming. Researchers from the Cambridge-based British Antarctic Survey (BAS) have discovered that a massive Antarctic ice sheet previously assumed to be stable may be starting to disintegrate, a conference on climate change heard yesterday. Its collapse would raise sea levels around the earth by more than 16 feet.

It seems that our planet is in trouble to me. I think we can only expect more of these signs to come soon. Maybe people will finally come to understand that time is short and the time for accepting Jesus Christ is now. We can only pray. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 18 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index675.htm

February 3, 2005

Russian Military Movements towards Protected Areas Beginning

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Russian Subscribers

Catastrophic worldwide weather chaos coupled with Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov’s sudden visit to our Siberian military district are serving today as a warning for the start of immediate preparations for more severe chaotic events to come shortly it now appears.

Military activity has increased to a level not seen in decades and many high level military officials have been leaving our region by aircraft bound for the great underground city beneath Yamantau Gora Mountain it is also being reported. Much frantic activity is also being seen with many thousands of animals migrating towards the interior spaces between our mountains and leaving costal areas with much speed.

Strange news has also been received from the United States that a mistake in their Emergency Broadcasting System signaled an evacuation of one of their Eastern coastal regions, Connecticut.

We can see in this news report where it is said, “State emergency management officials said a worker entered the wrong code during the weekly test of the emergency alert system, leading television viewers and radio listeners to believe that the state was being evacuated. “ Civil authorities have issued an immediate evacuation order for all of Connecticut, beginning at 2:10 p.m. and ending at 3:10 p.m.," a message that scrolled across television screens read."

Though being dismissed by many Americans as a mistaken order this message does provide a notice that the American authorities are also aware of impending events and are themselves in preparation for the massive evacuations of their costal residents. It is interesting to note too that the time frame as specified in this warning coincides with the massive continuing sun explosions now occurring. It is estimated that the giant explosive regions of the sun, soon to be facing earthward, will occur in less than a week’s time.

Continued bombardment of the earth of the massive and increasing energy ‘blasts’, of which I have written of before to you, are wrecking unprecedented damage upon the Southern Hemispheric Regions and greatly affecting all of the earth’s weather systems.

Madagascar has been affected to such an extent that it is now being reported, “The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today started sending supplies of emergency rice to thousands of people affected by Cyclone Ernest and the ensuing tropical storm that struck south west Madagascar last week. "Everyone who has been affected by these two terrible storms will receive relief food," WFP Deputy Country Director Gianluca Ferrera said. "We will have a better picture of what's needed in a day or two but in the meantime, food will be distributed to those who have been most critically affected by the flooding."

In the South America region one of the worst hit countries has been Guyana, and which we can read, "Guyana faces four more days of rainfall after the heaviest January rains in more than 100 years caused floods affecting more than a third of the population, the United Nations said."

In news reports from Tanzania we read, "Heavy downpour that hit Dar es Salaam and its suburbs yesterday was unusual and in fact the highest on record since 1953." , and massive flooding is also occurring in Mozambique, and as we read, "Flooding on the lower Zambezi in central Mozambique continued over the weekend, and on Monday the National Water Board (DNA) warned that the situation is likely to worsen."

Aside from these areas one of the worst hit countries has been Australia where again yesterday massive storms have hit, and as we can read from their news reports, "Around 100,000 homes throughout Sydney, the Central Coast and surrounding areas are without electricity after big storms which swept the region this afternoon. Strong winds brought down trees, and heavy rain caused flash flooding which caught some people in their cars. The big storms brought rainfall of up to 20 millimetres in an hour."

This adds to the increasing events of these past weeks where in Australia they have also recorded their highest temperatures for January in their historical records, and also historically high rain.

Not being spared has been the Northern Hemispheric region where even our capital Moscow has been affected by suffering the heaviest snows to have ever occurred there, and as one news report says, "A powerful snowstorm that raged in Moscow on Friday was the heaviest day's snowfall since weather records began, forcing planes to divert away from airports, snarling city traffic and making pedestrians wade through meter-high snowdrifts. Friday's snowfall was equivalent to precipitation of 9.4 millimeters, smashing the previous record of 7.8 millimeters set in 1977, the city's weather bureau said."

Even in our own region the numbers of cyclones are unprecedented, and as said in one news article, "A strong cyclone is moving to Kamchatka from the Sea of Japan. A storm warning was announced for operational services in the region and the fleet near the coast of the peninsula, the Kamchatka meteorological centre told Itar-Tass on Monday. According to weathermen, the record norm of precipitation for the last five years fell in the south of the peninsula in January 2005. Such heavy snowfalls were registered last time in 1999."

World wide weather disasters are becoming so common place and without scientific explanation that an Indian government political information website has said about them, "(The) World is experiencing some extreme weathers and weather forecasters in all parts of the world are just failing for reasons unknown to all."

Not just the weather is of concern to the world’s scientists and government authorities but also the increasing numbers of meteors exploding in the earth’s atmosphere in numbers unprecedented in recorded history.

Spanish news sources have reported in the past few days, "Residents of the area near Madrid airport reported seeing a ball of fire explode and disintregrate in skies over the Spanish capital overnight, security services said."

This joins the hundreds of other reported events of these meteors from all around the world including:

On December 4th in the New England Region of the United States where it is says, “the bright flash light up the clouds, three seconds later came the boom”

On December 6th over Australia where it was reported, “An eerie, constant, low rumbling sound accompanied the explosions.” From ‘fireballs’.

On December 12th the reports from the Washington D.C. Region of the United States that says, “It looked like a ball of fire falling out of the sky.".

On December 13th the report of the fireball that lit up the skies of China ‘turning night into day’.

On December 16th from the Utah Region of the United States where it was reported, “Meteor May Have Fallen in Salt Lake”

On December 19th where in Indonesia a news report was headlined, “Meteor suspected amid unexplained sightings and blast in Indonesia”

On December 21st where an unknown asteroid, and since named 2004 YD5, was discovered flying past the earth and under our satellites.

On January 5th where in the Wisconsin Region of the United States a news report says, “Authorities in north central Wisconsin received dozens of reports Tuesday evening of bright flashes of light in the sky, as from an explosion, and they said it likely came from meteor activity."

On January 7th where in the Alaskan Region of the United States a news report says, “Juneau residents saw a fiery ball traversing the sky.”

On January 12th where in India it is reported, “I saw a huge ball of fire in the air. It raced down to the earth so fast that before I could do anything."

On January 26th where in Cambodia it is reported, "It made a noise like a bomb exploding, it's a good thing it didn't land in the village or people could have been killed."

Concern is also increasing due to a large number of the world’s 1,500 active volcanoes becoming simultaneously active in recent weeks and the effects of these volcanic eruptions towards more global weather chaos. Even of more concern are the worlds super volcanoes, and to which the British press has recently said, "Slumbering supervolcanoes powerful enough to wipe out much of the planet may awaken much sooner than it had previously been thought. Experts believed it would take hundreds of thousands of years for reservoirs of molton rock, or magma, beneath a supervolcano to build for an eruption. But a new study indicates the time between super-eruptions can actually be tens of thousands of years - and many are already long overdue."

"Residents of Guam in the Mariana Islands are suffering from sickness from volcanic haze due to the eruption of Anatahan Volcano. Dozens of people have arrived at Guam's only hospital complaining of respiratory problems and headaches." , it is being reported, and also that the Manam Volcano in Papua New Guinea eruption reached the stratosphere, "where in one hour the ash cloud reached a diameter of 180km and an altitude of 21-24km.”

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 16 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The “Signs” of the End-Times are Increasing in number and frequency!

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2004/12/emw191995.htm

More Devastating Earthquakes in Store for the “Ring of Fire?”

The Indonesian quake struck just three days after an 8.1 quake struck the ocean floor between Australia and Antarctica, causing buildings to shake hundreds of miles away. The last three months have seen in increase in seismic activity along the Ring of Fire and nearby territories. On November 12th, an earthquake measuring 6.4 shook Alor, an eastern island off Indonesia killing 34 people. On November 23rd a quake measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale struck in the southern Tasman Sea. On November 26th a devastating 7.2 earthquake struck Papua, Indonesia with multiple aftershocks registering magni-tudes up to 6.1. During the last three months, there have also been numerous lethal earthquakes dotting Japan including the October 23rd Niigata Chuetsu earthquake which caused many fearful vacationers to cancel their winter vacation plans to the area.

http://www.handpen.com/Bio/sun_freaks.html
The Sun is Freaking Out:

“From a New Scientist article of 02 Nov 2003, "There have been more sunspots since the 1940s than for the past 1150 years (combined)." That is a 1825% increase. Sunspots are the precursors of solar flares and coronal mass ejections and reflect the internal state of the sun. Sunspot numbers were derived from levels of a radioactive isotope found in ice cores taken from Greenland and Antarctica.”

Volcano’s are popping off left and right:

“Volcano activity over the past 100 years has increased 500%. The timing of this increase is disturbing because the usually dependable (every 600,000 years) Yellowstone super volcano (30 x 50 miles wide) is 40,000 years late.”

http://www.olivetreeviews.org/articles/Pestilence.shtml
Olive Tree Ministries – this is one very comprehensive website! The following are all found on this website in the index on the left of this page under the heading “News Watch: Topical”…

Increase in Pestilence

Plagues and pestilence are predicted to increase in the “end-times”. In Revelation 6, we read about the pale rider and the fourth horseman of the apocalypse which represents the plagues of the Tribulation. The stage is being set with new plagues in the last 30 years and the return of plagues we once conquered. Newer plagues and pestilence include AIDS, SARS, West Nile Virus, Mad Cow Disease, Ebola Virus, and more. We might soon be seeing bio-terrorism play a role here, and a new term, “Agri-terror”; that is, the deliberate infection of livestock with deadly plagues both to animals and humans.
Then a list of articles…

In one of the articles on this page there is an Excellent reminder:

“Our goal in bringing you this information is not to promote fear or anxiety, yet we live in a world that is plagued with sin and death. In every tribe and nation there are men and women who are condemned to die without ever hearing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They will not hear unless we tell them. "God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord (2 Timothy 1:7-8a)."

Signs in Nature

The Bible says that in the last days there would be signs in the sun, moon, stars, etc. as well as an increase in natural disasters. These signs would be like “birth pangs” to warn of the lateness of the hour, although they would manifest more profoundly during the Tribulation. We see their increase, however, in our day. They serve as a warning and in some cases as judgments from God before the Tribulation.
Then the list of articles…

Spiritual Deception

Jesus says on the Mount of Olives (Matt. 24) that deception would be the primary cultural sign of the last days. Even some of God’s “elect” might be deceived by false theologies. “Good would be called evil and evil good” (Isaiah 5:20). Men would substitute light for darkness and darkness for light. Apostasy would consume churches and denominations that were once solid.
Then there is a large list of articles…

Wars and Rumors of War

In Matthew 24 we see that the time leading to the Tribulation and during the Tribulation there would be constant wars and rumors of wars. Since World War II, there have been nearly 250 wars in over 100 nations. Many wars are being fought on several continents today, and this will intensify even greater as we near the Tribulation.

Christian Persecution

"Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely on account of Me." Matt. 5:10, 11. Jesus said that persecution of Jews and Christians would intensify in the "end-times".

Anti-Semitism

Kings, pharaohs, generals, fuehrers, Moslem extremists, and more have tried to exterminate the Jews for millennia. The Bible predicts the persecution of both Jews and Christians in many Scriptural references, with an intensification in the “end-times.” The Arab world fans the flames of anti-Semitism, as well as much of Europe and even Canada.

It has become more obvious in America with the push for a Palestinian state. Many, though certainly not all, who are pushing in America for a Palestinian state, and particularly on U.S. campuses, have anti-Semitic sentiment.

New World Order

It says in Revelation 13 that there will some day be a one world system; a one world government. Some have termed this “the new world order”. Another term heard frequently that means the same thing is “globalism”. Various organizations are playing into this. The leading ones include the United Nations, the European Union, and NATO, but more minor players would be world trade organizations like the “North American Free Trade Association” (NAFTA). The Antichrist will be the chief globalist and will head up this one world system during the Tribulation. The stage is being set.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement