Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » What did Jesus know and what does Jesus know?

Author Topic: What did Jesus know and what does Jesus know?
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hisgrace, I was referring to Christine..

I have to agree with Hisgrace....I think that Jesus already knew everything, and we would be the ones learning something new from Him.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristineRH
Member # 4328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChristineRH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus tells his disciples to call him friend instead of master, because he had given them all that the Father had given him.

Later on, these disciples wrote letters to people saying that they were servants of the Lord.

They should have only said they were servants instead of friends if Jesus had more to tell them that the Father had revealed to him.

Jesus had more to tell his servants...to give to all who would be his friend.

--------------------
Jude 17-19
-17- ...remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. -18- They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires."
-19- These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit."

Posts: 4 | From: Hobart, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you talking to Christine, whitesands? Our posts when through just about the same time
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help us understand how you are coming to this
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by ChristineRH:
John 15:14-+15
-14- You are my friends if you do what I command.
-15- I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

If it says, in a New Testament Book that was written by a friend of Jesus, after the Lord Jesus went up to heaven, that the writer is a servant of Jesus then that means that Jesus learned something new that he did not know before he went up to heaven or that servant did not obey his commands…I tend to think that Jesus learned something new from God.

I am having hard time understanding where it reveals that Jesus would learn something new when he went to heaven.

John 16:12-14 "Oh, there is so much more I want to tell you, but you can't bear to hear it now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not be presenting his own ideas; he will be telling you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. He will bring me glory by revealing to you whatever he receives from me. All that the Father has is mine; this is what I mean when I say that the Spirit will reveal to you whatever he receives from me."

Maybe we would learn something new, but what I understand from this scripture is that He was all-knowing at this point, even before His crucifixion. Although I may be missing something.

HisGrace
unregistered

Welcome Christine. Yes, I believe you have been revealed some hidden treasures in the Bible. There is always something new to learn.

It is going to take me a few reads in order to grasp the full meaning, but thank-you for sharing this wisdom.

ChristineRH
Member # 4328

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ChristineRH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus did not want his fellow servants to say they were his servants but he wanted them to call themselves friends of him :

John 15:14-+15
-14- You are my friends if you do what I command.
-15- I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

If it says, in a New Testament Book that was written by a friend of Jesus, after the Lord Jesus went up to heaven, that the writer is a servant of Jesus then that means that Jesus learned something new that he did not know before he went up to heaven or that servant did not obey his commands…I tend to think that Jesus learned something new from God.

If Jesus did learn something new from God then eventually Jesus would tell us, the people who obey the Lord's commands and this would come through Prophets who are carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 10:41
Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward.

The Lord has allowed my spirit to proclaim his hidden thoughts found in His Holy Word (The Holy Bible)as truth...His Truth.

This will be difficult for most to understand but it is not necessary for all to understand.

Colossians 2:2-4
-2- My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,
-3- in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
-4- I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.

If you believe in what I have revealed to you then contact me.

--------------------
Jude 17-19
-17- ...remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. -18- They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires."
-19- These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit."

Posts: 4 | From: Hobart, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement