Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » READ THIS! The Mark is now openly stated for right hand and forhead!

Author Topic: READ THIS! The Mark is now openly stated for right hand and forhead!
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.aclu.org/Privacy/Privacy.cfm?ID=17078&c=130

What's wrong with the new passports?

The new passports, which the State Department is planning to begin issuing in 2005, are based on a standard developed by a little-known international group, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Nominally sponsored by the United Nations, ICAO is made up primarily of representatives of advanced-industrial nations.

The passports contain two notable features. First, they contain a biometric  specifically, face recognition. Face recognition is not only among the least reliable biometrics currently available, but unlike others such as fingerprints, it is one that can be used from a distance to track individuals without their knowledge or consent.

Second, the passports will contain RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags.[1] RFID tags are tiny computer chips that, when they receive a radio signal from an RFID reader, use the energy of that signal to broadcast the data that they store. This technology is rapidly becoming familiar to Americans through such applications as toll-booth speed passes, building entry key cards, and other contactless applications.

The data stored in these radio chips will include all the printed information that is on a U.S. passport, including:

* name
* date of birth
* place of birth (a key to identity theft)
* a digital photograph and a digital face recognition template

RFID chips raise many serious privacy and security issues, especially when placed in identification documents.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The international standard set by ICAO has enormous potential social and political implications that go far beyond passports. What we are witnessing amounts to an effort by the U.S. government and others (whether conscious or not) to leapfrog over the politically untenable idea of adopting a national identity card, and set a course directly toward the creation of a global identity document -- or, at least, toward a set of global standards for identity that can be incorporated into a wide variety of national identity documents.

* Once created, these passports will likely become either the template for standardized versions of the driver's license that amount to a de facto National Identity Card, or displace them altogether, thereby advancing government security agencies' perpetual interest in tracking and controlling the movement of citizens.

* Such documents will increasingly be demanded for more and more purposes, not only around the world, but domestically as well. Features such as digital signatures would greatly enhance the private sector's tendency to piggyback on the perceived "trust value" of these documents -- and the inclusion of a remotely readable RFID chip would make such piggybacking very easy.

* Ultimately, widespread adoption of RFID-enabled identity documents would create the potential for the constant, real-time tracking of individuals. As readers are placed in store doorways and an increasing number of other locations for reasons of security or convenience, individuals will constantly be "registering" with this system, whether they know it or not, creating a truly Orwellian result.

The idea of a global indentiy card is frightening enough. It is even more galling to learn that the US insisted that these new ID cards be built in the most insecure manner, blocking proposals to protect RFID chips placed in identity documents with security measures that are sufficient to protect the privacy of their bearers.

Public input excluded from secretive process

The remotely readable passports being developed by the United States follow standards set by ICAO for biometric passports, which were developed over a period of months in meetings held around the world. The ACLU and other groups concerned about privacy tried repeatedly to participate in the ICAO process, but were ignored. For example, the ACLU tried but failed to arrange attendance for a representative at a March 2004 meeting held in Cairo. An open letter to the ICAO on privacy concerns over the biometric standards met with no response.[2] And the ACLU wrote to ICAO asking to attend a May 2004 meeting in Montreal, and again received no response.

The ICAO's apparent attitude toward public input is reflected in one memo on an upcoming committee meeting obtained by the ACLU, which instructs its recipients on how to register and notes that "Only those persons registered and receiving a Confirmation of Registration/Acceptance will be permitted access to the meetings."

It is not clear why a meeting to create public, global standards should be closed to the public, much less when those standards are for a set of global identity documents that have enormous potential social and political implications that should be of concern to the citizens of all nations.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Gramajo. We must not put anything under our skin. We must have the faith that Yeshua will take care of us. I want no part of the veri-chip.
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The veri-chip is very real and is in production as told about on the Today Show and there has been news articles in the business section of newspapers telling all about it and it is going to become mandatory by law for everyone to have that chip. The Star is not playing on people's fears. This veri-chip and all that it will contain is the Mark Of The Beast. Everyone must put on the armour of God and be totally and completely ready to reject this veri-chip with a big resounding NO!!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo 320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
Take that for what you will, but I think that Star news is trying to play on peoples fears. Granted the VeriChip makes me feel very uneasy, no matter where they place it.
That is possible...but the article was actually in favor of the chipping idea. So what reason would they have to play on fears? And it is not surprising that Applied Digital Solution's website would not show the chip being placed in the right hand and forehead, for they are all too aware of us "fanatical Christistians" who are pointing at the Verichip as a possible 'mark of the beast' technology.
Regardless, I doubt if it will be the chip manufacturer's call anyway. Its placement will be whatever global standard placement is accepted and agreed upon by the international community.

amydough
Member # 3956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amydough   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I dont post here often. [Smile] But this thread caught my eye so I did some researching for myself.
I found the VeriChips official website and looked at what they're description of what it is and where it's recommended to be placed:

"About the size of a grain of rice, VeriChip is a subdermal radio frequency microchip. Once inserted under the skin in a brief outpatient procedure, the VeriChip cannot be seen by the human eye. Each VeriChip contains a unique 16-digit verification number that is captured by briefly passing a proprietary scanner over the insertion site."

"The recommended location of the microchip is in the triceps area between the elbow and the shoulder of the right arm."

(editing to say, there's no mention of a forehead or right hand placement) [Smile]

And if you want to read for yourself:
http://www.4verichip.com/nws_10132004FDA.htm

Take that for what you will, but I think that Star news is trying to play on peoples fears. Granted the VeriChip makes me feel very uneasy, no matter where they place it. [Confused]

[Smile]

--------------------
Amy

Posts: 3 | From: NC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As to the thoughts on "propaganda" - Who are "They" and why would 'they' consiously do that? For what reason?

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Very Much looking forward to doing a study on who the Beasts are. Even if we're not here when they take complete power, I think it is Valuable Information to know and the Bible would not have given us this information if it wasn't Important!

Thank you So Much Les and Jim! (I promise I won't mix you two up again LOL [Wink] )

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

The RFID CHIP is indeed very real - it is the Mark of the Beast and there is absolutely no fabrication of the facts and there is no propaganda whatsoever. Everyone who follows Jesus Christ has to be totally prepared to reject this chip and their reward for following Jesus Christ will be that they go to heaven.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo 320

redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Niedziejkore:
Actually, i find it interesting too... i also find it to be too much of a conincidence that they chose those locations. I think they know exactly what they're referencng, and that the reference is intentional. Furthermore, i'm of the opinion that the whole thing may be a fabrication because of their conscious choice to pick those locations. The question that kept running through my mind while reading this was "Is this just well-produced propagana?"

Interesting thoughts. Why would they specifically say the "right hand", instead of just saying the back of the hand? Why wouldn't the left work just as well as the right as far as the reasoning given?

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Interesting how those proposing the chip have no clue that they are referencing a Biblical prophecy literally to a tee.
Actually, i find it interesting too... i also find it to be too much of a conincidence that they chose those locations. I think they know exactly what they're referencng, and that the reference is intentional. Furthermore, i'm of the opinion that the whole thing may be a fabrication because of their conscious choice to pick those locations. The question that kept running through my mind while reading this was "Is this just well-produced propagana?"

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting how those proposing the chip have no clue that they are referencing a Biblical prophecy literally to a tee. My view (unless someone here can convince me otherwise) is that the stage is being set for Christ's return. My view is pre-trib, based on a lot of personal reading and study.

I am still wondering how other elements fit in, like the strangely absent USA in Revelation prophecy--I have heard that it is because we are basically "taken out" before the major events happen.

I can only place my faith in a pre-trib scenario, because my short taste of homelessness was enough to make me highly dread a society where I have to choose between my beliefs and having food and shelter. I choose Jesus of course, but even 3 1/2 years of living either outside the "law" or incarcerated (?) for refusing the mark... it don't make me cheery. My only rejoicing would be in the Lord. Comments??

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favor......YIKES! that's scary brother!
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

I posted this in another new thread, but thought I would here too -

And yes, a new thread on the study would be an excellent idea. I would encourage you to study not just Daniel, but also Jeremiah and Revelation with respect to the topic of the AntiChrist...

December 9, 2004

“Your Papers Please”

US adopts National ID: Homeland Security Now In charge of Regulations for all US States Drivers Licenses and Birth Certificates

In a chilling act more reminiscent of the now defunct Soviet Union or the Nazi regime of Adolph Hitler, the United States Congress passed legislation yesterday that requires the States to surrender their regulatory rights over driver’s licenses and birth certificates to The Department of Homeland Security.

The massive US Intelligence Reform Bill weighed in at over 3,000 pages and though unread by individual Members of either the House or Senate nevertheless passed all of the legislative hurdles needed in order to become law.

President Bush lobbied hard for these provisions, only objecting when Senator Sensenbrenner attempted to require these same provisions for illegal aliens but which the President opposed. This provision was dropped from the final bill.

Beginning in 2005, the Department of Homeland Security will issue new uniformity regulations to the States requiring that all Drivers Licenses and Birth Certificates meet minimal Federal Standards with regard to US citizen information, including biometric security provisions.

Added to currently existing Federal Laws and Supreme Court rulings American citizens when born will be issued a Social Security Number that will be included on their Birth Certificates, along with DNA biometric markers. All birth certificates will also be registered in a Federal Government database maintained by the Department of Homeland Security. No child will be allowed enrollment to schools or be entitled to either State of Federal Government benefits programs without first presenting a certified Homeland Security registered Birth Certificate.

Drivers Licenses will also contain DNA biometric markers and include the holders Social Security Number and be required for receiving and applying for all State and Federal benefits programs. Previous Supreme Court rulings have also upheld State and Federal Law Enforcement authorities right to request Identification from any American citizen, for any reason and at any time as not being violations of their, the citizens, constitutionally protected rights.

Major Banks and credit card companies have applauded the adoption of a National ID system as being important to counter fraud and increasing instances of identity theft. National ID cards with biometric markers will eliminate them from having to issue Credit and Debit cards, which for the first time in US history have surpassed the usage of checks and cash. Utilizing The Department of Homeland Securities centralized federal database, Banks and credit card companies will only require the presentation of a citizens Driver’s License to make purchases as all of the persons financial information, including credit and cash balances, will already be known in ‘real time’. (The combining of Homeland Security and Banking databases on citizen’s balances and purchases, along with their past and present purchasing information, has been allowed under previous Federal Laws including the Patriot Act.)

Also included in this bill is a law to require The Department of Homeland Security to establish a separate ID system for citizens to use prior to boarding airplanes, and which is eerily reminiscent of the Soviet and Nazi regimes dreaded Internal Passport.

Never before in our history have the words of Benjamin Franklin been so correct when he stated: "people willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both".

Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forever His     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have concluded that as soon as I have a chance to re-read Daniel and refamilarize myself with the topic that I think that it would be beneficial to start a thread on the identity of the "beast" and how to clearly identify who it is. Then it will be a bit more clear as to what his mark is and how this chip might be used. I do not claim to have all of the answers and I have no theological degree but I believe that there is enough information given that if one is open to study that it is very, very clear. We don't have to guess who the beast is... In the same way that Christ fullfilled every phrophecy pointing to Him... so does the antichrist.

God Bless
Forever His

Posts: 719 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Hi Frimpy! Welcome to the BBS!!!!

I was once where you are (backslidden), it's Good to see you here! Welcome Back! [Smile]

Also, what you said about the money situation is a valid point and I'm sure they'll use that as an excuse too  -

In Messiah's Love,
Deb

--------------------

Frimpy
Community Member
Member # 4073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frimpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thing that has struck my mind as far as why this will seem like a good thing to do is the issue of counterfit money. They are constantly changing the face of our money to make it more difficult to fake. Yet, in most banks, you can find a poster describing the exact safeguards...basically telling the counterfiters exactly what they will have to do to to make it.

It will of course make for a valid arguement for a cashless system.

--------------------
Backslidden Christian, ready to come back. I'm so glad that God forgives.

Yahoo ID: billselby9773 Come say hi if you like.

Posts: 10 | From: Newberry/Columbia, SC | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I was struck by something someone said earlier up in this thread... that the Beast will be able to control those who have recieved the mark.

I can't be sure, but I vaguely remember reading something awhile back that these chips could also 'recieve' information. They work on Radio Frequencies. I also remember reading other stories on how Russia and the U.S. were working on 'mind control' technologies using Radio Frequencies (Man I hate my bad memory and the fact that all my files were wipped out with my computer crashes!)... now, here's the thing... if people have these chips that can 'recieve' radio frequency and the Russians (or us) have figured out how to manipluate thought through radio frequency, then it would be all too easy for the Beast to decieve all who have this chip.

Don't take this chip for Any Reason! Even if you don't 'think' it's the mark. Personally, I think it is (or will be).

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bemrosebooth.com/intelligence_centre/securelogistics_article.asp?ArticleID=2124

RFID mergers consolidate transponder, healthcare specialists
Source: http://www.frontlinetoday.com , ,

The radio frequency identification (RFID) market continues to shift and consolidate. In the past two weeks, Applied Digital has acquired wireless identification specialist eXI Wireless Inc., and RFID chipmakers Sokymat and Cubit Electronics have merged.

Applied Digital is the parent company of VeriChip Corp., the company that has aroused privacy concerns worldwide with its implantable RFID tags for tracking humans and pets. With the purchase of eXI, VeriChip gains another 200 dealers and distributors. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the VeriChip Health Information Microtransponder System for medical applications this year.

eXI provides security, patient wandering, infant protection and asset tracking products such as Halo, Roam Alert, Assetrac and Houndware for hospitals, nursing homes and commercial customers.

Applied Digital will pay $1.60 (Canadian) for each of eXI's approximately 10.1 million shares outstanding. The transaction should close early in 2005.

"Since the FDA granted clearance to market VeriChip for medical applications, we have been focused on rapidly building distribution," said Scott Silverman, chairman and CEO of Applied Digital. " Our short term focus is for VeriChip to partner with global medical supply, medical device and/or larger technology companies. eXI is the first step of this evolving distribution model."

The Sokymat-Cubit merger will combine Sokymat's low-frequency transponder manufacturing technology with Cubit's high-frequency transponder expertise.

Erfurt, Germany-based Cubit specializes in 13.56Mhz RFID technology for contactless cards. Sokymat, based in Granges, Switzerland, provides RFID tags for access and security, animal identification, and logistics applications.

"With Cubit's integration and by adding to our know-how the expertise that Cubit has in the area of 13.56Mhz RFID transponders, we acquire a competitive advantage on the side of technology, just like when we introduced the direct bonding technology for low frequency transponders," said Andre Ziegler, CEO of Sokymat.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NIV Rev. 13:16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

It just seems so relevant to scripture and the unfolding of events. It feels like we are rushing headlong into prophecy, and yet how many Christians and infidels reject Revelation or relegate the events to the past or merely symbolic.

If folks are faced with needing to get food, but they have to receive the chip first, so many will receive it to feed their families. Security could also be an impetus, such as the fear generated by 9/11

We are numbered with our SSI at birth, and this would be our id number for the chip. It seems to be all in place, just waiting for the "trigger" to be pulled.

Others are so wise in the ways of technology. It seems to me that the chip is an inert transponder, not needing a power source. When a radio beam, like a microwave?, hits the chip at 13.56 megahertz, the "reflection" back of the beam activates the respective database linked to the radio beaming device.

I think the RFID is already in the Walmart tags, which is activated when crossing doorways.

Powerful beams could be linked to GPS for locations of RFID transponders.

Its just kind of tech-no-babble to this old hillbilly, but I can sure see a whole lot of folks eagerly lining-up to receive the chips, and eliminate the need to carry cash and credit cards, and to have your loved-one instantly located in case of kidnapping, or disaster.

All I can truly say is Maranatha!!

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Trafield -

Your quote was a comment from Forever His, not me...

I did not make the comparison - I am stating the same thing you are brother [Smile]

I will have more on the second beast (False Prophet) later for Softtouch's question -

Sorry to hear you are ill too - Hope you get better : )

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get it....What's with all the confusion ?

Listen...Just don't get anything in your right hand or forehead that is required to buy or sell...

I tell you what, if that ever happens I'm not going to try and figure out how or if it adds up to a particular number or who's name it is or whatever to mull over the possibility that "it might not be the mark"...Just don't get it.

The Bible is pretty clear about where it will be and that you won't be able to buy or sell without it,

It may be given and people may not even be really aware that they have "worshiped" anything...satan is a liar and a deceiver and the mark will probably be issued out of deception.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by Forever His:
I have no idea as to why we have not seen that the "little horn" of Daniel ( who is the beast power with seven heads ten horns) has been around since the fall of Rome exactly as predicted that it should. I would gladly start a thread on the topic if there was an interest in the study of who is the beast. This is not a hidden thing and is open for all who would to see. Read Daniel 7 and discover for yourself...

I would love it if you'd start that thread! I'm sorry to say that I often need a lot of help in seeing things that are right in front of my face. I've been 'obsessed' with this topic since I was 15, but I still can't figure it out. (And that was 2/3's of my life ago!)

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Awww Tra [Frown] I'm sorry you're sick! I just got over a bug myself. Take Care of yourself Bro!

--------------------

Trafield
unregistered

quote:
Ummm Tra... Just thought I'd point out that it was Forever His who said what you quoted I sometimes get those two confused too!

[crying]
That is what I get for trying to keep up with these threads with a 101 degree fever. Time to retire for the afternoon.... [zzzzzz]

Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forever His     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soft Touch wrote:
I do tend to forget that part myself. It's easy to get carried away with what this chip could be! Personally, I think the AC is already here (just not revealed yet). I also think this chip is the perfect technology for the AC to use to track not only his followers, but also those who don't follow him.

I absolutely agree with that. I also will go so far as to say that from the study of Daniel and Revelation that the identity of who the beast is... is "overwhelming" . Are you aware that Daniel predicted the first coming of Jesus in a remarkable fashion... but tell me... how many were waiting for the events to unfold. They were so absorbed in themselves that when God sent the three "foreigner's " on a detour to Jerusalem what happened? How many Israelite's followed these people after the star? Apparently none. That scares me just a little. It is easy to blow that idea off but Jesus in His wisdom said... " When the Son of man returns, will He find faith upon the earth? " So are we really any better? They spoke many words of devotion unto God but where were their hearts...

I have no idea as to why we have not seen that the "little horn" of Daniel ( who is the beast power with seven heads ten horns) has been around since the fall of Rome exactly as predicted that it should. I would gladly start a thread on the topic if there was an interest in the study of who is the beast. This is not a hidden thing and is open for all who would to see. Read Daniel 7 and discover for yourself...

I was grieved in my spirit in the midst of [my] body, and the visions of my head troubled me...I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things ... Dan 7:15,16

God Bless
Forever His

Posts: 719 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trafield:
Redkermit, I am not saying with certainty, but that is not the point.

Lots of corrections going on here. If you look at our times, we posted at virtually the same time, I was actually more referring to Gramajo320:

quote:
Every christian must put on the armour of God and be totally prepared to completely reject having this chip implanted in either their right hand or forehead or anywhere else on their person. It is the mark of the beast and for anyone who doubts it and receives it they will be following the antichrist and will never be received into heaven!

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by Trafield:
We are talking about much more than "principle" Favor Minded.

Ummm Tra... Just thought I'd point out that it was Forever His who said what you quoted [Wink] I sometimes get those two confused too!

--------------------

Trafield
unregistered

Redkermit, I am not saying with certainty, but that is not the point. However, it will become crystal clear when it is required to buy and sell.
The point is..who, that is being obedient and watching for the Lord's return, will now receive the Verichip knowing it could later become the 'mark of the Beast?' I say nobody. But there are many fake Christians, and non-Christians who will receive the chip so that they can pay their bills and feed themselves and their family. And because they were not watching and reading God's Word, they will be deluded into worshiping the antichrist.

redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

I in no way plan on accepting this chip, but how can you say that you KNOW it is the mark? As was stated before, other things have come that were assumed to be the mark, and people were sure of it then, not to mention people who were thought to be the anti-christ. Maybe eventually, more info will come out and this will prove to be the mark, but right now, I don't think we can say with 100% certainty that it is.

--------------------

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Trafield
unregistered

quote:
Now Trafield I hear what you are saying and it would not be wise to ignore... people's souls are at stake. The problem that I have is this... Where in God's words does it state a "principle" whereby it is a sin to have a chip such as suggested? If there is such a sin then credit cards would also be a sin correct? What principle of God's word is one breaking when we accept a credit card or chip such as this? Now if we use the credit card unwisely then we become slave to the lender which is a whole different issue.
We are talking about much more than "principle" Favor Minded. There are many expamples in scripture to show that God's desire for us to trust Him and not in the 'god' of money is more than a principle, but a command.
It is very simple...based on Revelation 14:9-12, when it comes to placing anything in our bodies that can be used for economic transactions, just say 'No!'

Credit cards have never been designed to be placed under the skin, so I don't really understand your comparison.
Regardless, we are commanded repeatedly by our Lord to be watching for the signs of his return. In Mattew 24:15-25 Jesus says "when you see...then know..." And then he follow it up with, "See, I have told you ahead of time." In other words he is saying 'Look, I have already told you what is coming...if you are not watching it is your own fault!'

He has already given us the dire warning of placing a mark in our bodies that will be used for economic transactions in Revelation 14:9-12. I would seriously discourage taking a chip now that could later be implemented as the global 'Mark.' Note that Revelation 19:20 shows that the antichrist is only able to delude those who had FIRST received the mark. So I believe the 'mark' comes first, and the worship of the 'image' comes after the delution.

Gramajo320
unregistered

Trafield and Favorminded,

Amen and God bless you for your postings regarding the mark of the beast which is so very important for everyone to know about. Every christian must put on the armour of God and be totally prepared to completely reject having this chip implanted in either their right hand or forehead or anywhere else on their person. It is the mark of the beast and for anyone who doubts it and receives it they will be following the antichrist and will never be received into heaven!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo 320

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

OK Favor Minded, I'm following your reasoning here but I have one question. Who is the Second Beast who causes all to recieve the mark? Is it a government (which one?) or a man (who?)?

My understanding of the second beast is that it is a man (the man of lawlessness - son of perdition) and it is he who will force all to recieve this mark.

This is an important part of the puzzle. Also, who is the first beast who gave his power over to the second which caused everyone to worship the first?

I'm not being saurcaustic (sp??), honest! I am very interested in what you see here.

--------------------

Favor Minded
unregistered

As will many Highly doubt - Sad but true..

They will doubt and will follow blindly along.

His NAME is not RFID -

The RFID "STORES" their name, there SSN, the DL#, the CC#'s, Their Bank Acct #'s, Their LIC#'s

Read the Greek Translation again and understand that John WAS VERY SPECIFIC -

It will take "WISDOM" - Which means that it is not translating his name in on numerology like Bill Gates adds up to 666 in ASCII and stupid stuff like that -

Real Wisdom is God inspired - And God have me this long ago in my prayer time and I posted it to my web site long ago. Now it is happening -

If you think an all knowing GPS capable chip implant is the way to go, don't say God did not warn you....

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name

The Bible is very spacific on what it says. From above you can read the mark will either be "THE NAME OF THE BEAST," or "THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME."

I highly doubt the Name of the beast will be RFID Chip, nor will it be Microchip under the skin. Yes I am being scarcastic with this but it is the only way I know how to state this opinion.

or "THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME" which is 666

in what way does this Radio Frequency chip have anything to do wiht the name of the Anti Christ, or how does it have to do with the number sixhundred and sixty six?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Please Read Carefully at least the bolded section and understand that the bible speaks VERY plainly that it IS a literal / Physical mark - It is NOT simply spiritual - And, you will see from the translations below what I mean.....This IS NOTHING LIKE the UPC codes, this and all the actions around this are indeed prophecy fulfillment - There was NO fulfillment with UPCs, etc - There is with this, and I can PROVE IT!!

Presented as a need which outweighs concerns, it is very smoothly being integrated into our society, and people are buying into it rapidly for its ease of use, and much more.

Consider this first - John told us it would take wisdom -

Revelation 13 -

16 He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17 so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18 This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

This cannot be "Spiritual" because it denotes a literal mark used for buying and selling - PLEASE SEE BELOW

The RFID and similar technology microchip is about the size of a grain of rice, or in some cases round and about the size of a small ibuprofen pill, only flat and thin.

Research proved that the only effective area to implant it are in the forehead or hand.

While they have used under the arm, and a few other places, the "IDEAL" locations are exactly as John described.

People have always wondered and attempted to "calculate" the names, causing disputes in regarding what it meant and how to determine the meaning of "666" and the "mark of the beast".

God brought to life The Revelation of St. John the Divine for a reason - To help us prepare for what lies ahead. To give insight and understanding without fear, so we as "His Chosen" would not "Take The Mark" when the time came.

During the time of the "Mark of the Beast", God will raise his church (at the rapture, the Catching Away, the Translating of the Restrainer) and pour out his wrath upon the rest of the world.

Over the last two or three decades there has been extensive advancement in technology, just as Daniel said there would be - Another fulfillment of prophecy never before seen as he described.

One in particular is that infamous "Mark of the Beast".

The original purpose of the RFID type chip was to restore mobility to people with severed nerves, then it was discovered that it could be used to modify behaviour. This opened a whole new area of research and development.

Certain World Governments, development companies, and several other foundations quickly realized that there were much more important uses commercially and personally.

These more important uses begin with simple versions already being used world wide to keep track of pets and other animals, as well as children, convicts, certain types of medical patients, travelers, and more as I mentioned earlier.

InfoPet has been endorsed by the ASPCA and has been selected as the global standard for zoos and aquariums by the Captive Breeding Specialist Group of the IUCN. Hundreds of zoos worldwide, as well as government agencies in at least 21 countries are using the trovan system for animal identification purposes.

Bracelet tracks kids by satellite - Two United States companies have unveiled tracking bracelets that can locate a child within 60 seconds of a distress call being sent.

The bracelets transmit a signal that is picked up by the Global Positioning System network of navigational satellites.

The devices are being sold by rival US companies.

It's most important applications they say are positive identification and control.

We can uniquely identify over 34 billion recipients and locate any one of them via satellite to within a few feet of their location.

Testing and development in humans is well advanced in numerous countries.

Several years ago Sweden tested the chip in 6,000 men, and the U.S. in 17,000 babies -neither found any reported side effects (Easing into the public, seemingly very helpful, useful and safe)

More than 1.5 million dollars was spent finding out that the two places in the body that the temperature changes the most rapidly are in the forehead - Preferred, and the back of the hand.

Advanced versions of these chips contain the same information as the SmartCards.

They can store huge amounts of personal data like your photo, your identity, any criminal record and your purchasing history -(Most important for tracking Buying and Selling)

It also has the ability to be used in the same way as any credit, debit or EFTPOS card, but with the added ability that it can be filled up with a cash value that can be used whenever you do shopping. Touted as the wave of the future and the best thing to come along.

Plans are in place to make acceptance of the chip natural, logical and beneficial to the general public as is already being done at am alarming rate.

Our FDA has approved - Our "Homeland" security has called FOR ALL birth certificates and DL info to be centralized and all newborns will have the chip - They will not be able to enter school, etc. without it - MANDATORY you see, just like the EU, And JUST LIKE John said it would be...

A beast that wants to appear as harmless and desirable – in order to obtain the greatest degree of acceptance.

Right now it is still voluntary – just like credit cards – and a great proportion of the population will receive them very willingly –

The benefits of using the "Voluntary" ID Chips -

Never fear losing your baby or any other relative again.

Never lose your money or credit card again.

No more credit card fraud – because nobody can steal your chip or even use your chip number (I wonder what the number of the AntiChrist's Chip will be) separately from your chip.

No need to carry money – just charge up your hand with a cash value that can be used in public transport and other places that don't have a phone link with banks - This is happening now in certain electronic maker corporate structures.

No need to carry a driver's license or passport because all the information can be contained in the chip.

Locate survivors and victims -

It is rapidly becoming widespread and accepted.

We can expect to see alternate things like cash and credit cards slowly disappear until the chip becomes the only legal way to buy or sell (Sounds like Revelation to me)

Using cash, checks and credit cards will disappear - Banks will adjust their fees on these services to eliminate them for the "better" chip method -

People will not be able to use government services or receive government benefits without the chip to identify themselves.

People will not be able to get employment without the chip to identify themselves.

The governments will impose the highest tax rates to anyone not onboard with the ID chip.

You won't be able to get paid or use your $$$, bank or pay bills without the chip.

Hand readers will be everywhere, including the average home to allow internet buying and selling.

Passports are already doing it, and it is only a matter of time before driver's licenses will be completely replaced by the chip

International travel is already doing this and driving will eventually be limited to those who have the chip.

The ability to buy or sell ANYTHING – without the chip – will gradually diminish and eventually disappear altogether.

Laws are already in place, and others are on the way, in preparation for the chip.

Eventually, it will become law for everyone to have the chip. Our OWN FDA said within 4 years it will normal, and within 7 LAW, sounds prophetic to me, and when you read the TRUE interpretation, it will make sense -

Christians will refuse to accept it, creating a faster paced requirement and making it become law much faster.

There will be those "Christians" who refuse to recognize the threat of this and think it will be ok - They will be blinded by the Beast, and the Word is quite clear on this as well -

The President of the United States already has the power to enforce the use of the chip - (Section 100 of the Emigration and Control Act of 1996.)

There are bills before the U.S. congress right now that will allow them to inject a microchip in your baby at the time of birth for identification purposes.

The book of Revelation was written in Greek, so it is important to note that any interpretation will need to consider the Greek version of the text in order to get the clearest possible understanding.

This is the TRUE interpretation of the "wisdom" John was referring to --

mark charagma

(khar'-ag-mah) A scratch or etching ie. a stamp (as a badge of servitude). It comes from charasso (which means to sharpen to a point.) {A microchip is an etching in a piece of silicon.}

name onoma

(on'-om-ah) A "name" (literally or figuratively) [authority, character] – eg. Having the authority of someone's name.

count psephizo
(psay-fid'-zo) To use pebbles in enumeration, ie. (in general) to compute or count. {Silicon chips are small pebbles of sand.)

man's anthropos
(anth'-ro-pos) Man-faced, ie. a human being – particularly a certain individual.

666 chi xi stigma
(khee xee stig'-ma) This can be interpreted as either a number (666) or as text:
"chi" means 600;
"xi" means 60.
"stigma" means 6, but also means a mark incised or punched (for recognition of ownership). It comes from stizo (to "stick", ie. prick).

Again - In Context -

{16} He [the second beast] caused everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive an etching of servitude (a chip made with a sharp point) in their right hand, or in their foreheads; {17} so that no one could buy or sell unless they had the etching of servitude, or the authority of the beast, or the number of his authority. {18} Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast, for it is an individual's [identification] number. His number is incised with a pricking action.

"Etching" may refer to the incision into the skin, but more likely it refers to the chip itself, because that is exactly how microchips are made - by etching a piece of silicon with a sharp or pointed electron beam.

That some will be able to operate using "the authority of the beast" or with "the number of his authority" suggests that a select few, will have the authority to buy and sell etc without the chip being implanted in their hand or forehead.

If "the number of his authority" is interpreted as "the number of his name", then it could mean that you would be able to use your identification number manually (for phone or internet purchases) but this is inconsistent with the purpose of the chip.

In Rev 16:2 it says there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men who had the mark of the beast -

If the lithium in the chip escapes into the body, that's what'll happen!

Although there are numerous ways that the secular world has used the number 666 the interpretation of chi xi stigma as a number (666) is irrelevant.

The way to read it is, "Your identification number, incised or pricked into the skin."

Look at how closely the chip fits the description in Scripture. We are indeed very close to the time of the the Great Tribulation - Which means the Rapture IS INDEED VERY SOON!

The Bible says many Christians will give up their faith over the issue of whether or not to receive the mark - Again, another reason to believe it is tangible and not Spiritual.

They will do this because resisting will be too hard –

DO NOT BE FOOLED OR THINK THIS IS NOT THE MARK - IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Word of God says this

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascends up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receives the mark of his name - Rev 14:9-11

The time of the mark is here - We are better prepared because we trust and believe in God's Word -

The world will hate you for standing firm in your Christian faith. We must hold fast to the reward that God has for those who hold on to their faith and do not give in.

Christ IS coming to Rapture the Church Very Soon I believe!! AMEN!!

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by Forever His:
Now if a line has been drawn in the sand and this chip is related to our "loyalty" to God or to the beast then the choice will be clear. The Mark of the Beast is not just a "thing" it is a mark of "loyalty"

God Bless
Forever His

I do tend to forget that part myself. It's easy to get carried away with what this chip could be! Personally, I think the AC is already here (just not revealed yet). I also think this chip is the perfect technology for the AC to use to track not only his followers, but also those who don't follow him. If we recieve this chip, then when the AC is revealed (and if we're still here), we'll be really easy to find.

--------------------

Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

I wanted to drop in and say that I am in complete agreement with LaurieFL and MentorsRiddle... who said...

The Mark of the Beast is not just a "thing" it is a mark of loyalty to the Anti-Christ, not a method of identification. Untill a man comes forth and says take this mark to show your loyalty to me then I do not truly think you have much to worry about.

Now Trafield I hear what you are saying and it would not be wise to ignore... people's souls are at stake. The problem that I have is this... Where in God's words does it state a "principle" whereby it is a sin to have a chip such as suggested? If there is such a sin then credit cards would also be a sin correct? What principle of God's word is one breaking when we accept a credit card or chip such as this? Now if we use the credit card unwisely then we become slave to the lender which is a whole different issue.

Now if a line has been drawn in the sand and this chip is related to our "loyalty" to God or to the beast then the choice will be clear. The Mark of the Beast is not just a "thing" it is a mark of "loyalty"

God Bless
Forever His

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I can not help to be interested in this story, I can not also help but bring up an interesting point. I have never once heard, untill now, about this chip being placed within the right palm, nor have I heard about it being placed within the forehead; I have only heard about it being placed in the fatty tissue in the upper arm. I would very highly doubt that they would implement a plan to place the chip within the palm or the forehad, although not to say that it could not happen. It is more probable to see the chip implanted within the fatty tissue of the arm because it would be less imbrasive and more simple to implant.
The Mark of the Beast is not just a "thing" it is a mark of loyalty to the Anti-Christ, not a method of identification. Untill a man comes forth and says take this mark to show your loyalty to me then I do not truly think you have much to worry about.
I know we are all ancious to go home to Heaven to be with our Lord Jesus Christ but trust in his second arrival with patience and open eyes, and not over zellous eccentricities that cause the heart to be excited, and frightened. Our Lord will take care of us and protect us in all hard times.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

LaurieFL, here is something you might want to consider neighbor...

I believe the 'worship' that is referred to is an individual decision to replace God and his Truth, with something of the world. In other words a worship of a false god.
Jesus said that we cannnot serve both God and money (Matthew 6:24). Will money be the god of many? Absolutely, as it is today!
This 'mark' will be required for economic transactions...in other words you will not be able to buy anything without it...no food, no gas, no mortgage, etc.
Remember that we are warned explicitly in Revelation 14:9-13 that we are not to receive this mark. So one will have some decisions to make... not to take the mark and trust in God during this time even to the point of death, or trust the world's economic system to provide. This wil be an eternal life and death decision, and one that will show the real Christians from the pretenders.
Revelation 14:12-12 says it all:

This calls for patient enduance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus. Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on."
"Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them."

And remember Matthew 16:24-27
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
“For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
“For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? “For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds.

redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Right, agreed! [Wink]

--------------------

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, rigt, but at the time, people believed that the UPC code or SS# would be tattooed on us eventually, making identification upon sight easy for purposes of buying and selling, etc.

I am definitely not saying this technology doesn't look like it fits the bill. I am mostly just reminding folks that the Antichrist is not in control of this planet yet (at least not publicly). So while this may be one piece of the puzzle, there are other pieces yet to be seen.

Also, if folks believe in a pre-Trib rapture, this won't affect us at all. I am not so sure i believe in that myself, so I do like to keep my eyes wide open about stuff like this.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

quote:
Originally posted by LaurieFL:
Don't forget, social security numbers and UPC codes were also very convincingly believed to be the mark.

While I tend not to get too alarmist when it comes to things like this, and agree mostly with what you've said, I just wanted to point out that SSN's & UPC codes aren't put in your right hand or forehead...

--------------------

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something to shed on this- When I was working as Newborn Nursery Nurse etc... Some people were approach for a voluntary trial study of Child Health Identification Process- In all 1,000 babies at this particular hospital and their siblings were apart of a study. The CHIP process was successfull in that the basic ID info was placed on the right forearm near lower mid section of the forearm. Have you wondered why children are registered almost immediately upon birth with SSN for identification and DNA extraction. This study involved 3 military hospitals and one overseas. To shed a little more about it- the Military hospitals are giving Child bearing service etc... back to the civilian counterpart. Most inpatient services for pediatric and OB now are only availible to civilian hospitals. Now last week at my hospital where I work now- they are implementing the CHIP process on newborns and children- it is almost a Texas requirement, you do not have to participate. It is totally voluntary.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mark, whatever the technology used to implement it, will be something required to show loyalty to a one-world leader, who does not yet exist. Worship of this leader is also part of the requirement for sealing the deal, so to speak. So while this technology certainly seems like the perfect way to achieve the Antichrist's goals of world domination, I don't think we need to fear the technology itself until such a man exists. Don't forget, social security numbers and UPC codes were also very convincingly believed to be the mark.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melinda
First Post
Member # 4239

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Melinda   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! I have heard about this and was curious years ago, when I had heard about the pet tagging. This is it folks! [Frown]

--------------------
Melinda ºÜº
Mommy to Matt (9), Jess (6), and Alex (5)
Official monster chaser, bestest hugger and boo-boo kisser!

Posts: 1 | From: Lansing, IL | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

As I've been watching the coverage of the clean-up process, the one thing they've kept repeating over and over is how difficult it is to identify the dead...

The one thing that kept playing over and over in my head is... here it comes... this is the perfect excuse to implement the "chip" to everyone - free & slave - rich & poor...

I guess all we need now are a few more world-wide diasters until the man of lawlessness steps up to the world stage to tell us all he's got the answers.

[Prayer] "Come Quickly Lord Jesus!" [rapture]

--------------------

Trafield
unregistered

I am posting the last part of an article about the crisis management need of the world in light of the recent Tsunami which states the Verichip RFID is usually place in the right hand or forEhead. A second artilce appear below which show a push for a global uniform code on the RFID chip! It looks like soon the right hand and forEhead will be the standard uniform code for the Verichip placement. Now we know what will cause this...catastrophes and the need to identify the dead!
Christian, the time is now to get the word out for we do not have much time left!
Come quickly Lord Jesus!
[Prayer]

Revelation 13:11-18
11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon.
12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.
13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men.
14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life.
15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark in their right hand or in their forehead,
17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

http://star-techcentral.com/tech/story.asp?file=/2005/1/11/corpit/9842301&sec=corpit
Knowledge management
As aid pours into the affected countries, the lack of knowledge management is apparent. Food is not reaching the affected victims, logistics is a nightmare and coordination is needed among the nations offering aid.

A sound knowledge management system would help tremendously, but the design of such systems needs to be undertaken by an international agency – perhaps a United Nations body.

This knowledge system would be a coordination framework that could be put up immediately no matter where disaster strikes. Affected countries can immediately plug in local information – maps, population demographics, hospital locations and so on – into this coordination framework.

The resources of countries offering aid can also be plugged into the system, and the logistics mapped out by the system, aided by observation satellites that can give us visuals of altered coastlines and the extent of the damage.

It would be timely for the global community to proactively design such a knowledge system that could be used in any kind of disaster – natural or manmade. As global warming continues unchecked, there will be an increase in unprecedented natural disasters.

A high-tech scenario
Many people are still missing from the Dec 26 tsunami. Some of the dead cannot be identified. Rescuers are taking DNA samples and extracting thumbprints from corpses.

In Phuket and many other locations, noticeboards of missing persons have been put up and people are combing hospitals and morgues to see if they can locate their loved ones.

Some current technology could have helped here. Here's one possible scenario:

The VeriChip is about the size of a grain of rice, virtually undetectable and practically indestructible once inserted under the skin – usually in your right hand or forehead. [Eek!]

The chip has a special polyethylene sheath that helps skin bond to it, so that it stays in place.
Since the chip has no battery, there are no chemicals to worry about and the chip never “runs down” – its expected life is up to 20 years.

Tourists entering a country are scanned at the immigration checkpoint. They can pay for their taxis, groceries and hotel rooms with just a swipe of the hand. As they travel throughout their holiday destination, they leave behind an electronic trail which is recorded not only in this country but also in the home credit card company.

In the event of a calamity like the recent tsunami disaster, the VeriChips can easily be extracted from corpses or the details downloaded into a scanner before a quick burial. Details are fed into a web-based data bank and instantly a victims list is made available online to the rest of the world.

With the incorporation of a transponder into the VeriChip, sensitive scanners could locate missing persons or even verify that the owner of that particular chip is no longer alive.

Sounds like science fiction, but it is not. The VeriChip is already commercially available and the only thing that prevents it from being accepted by the general public is that it can lead to the infringement of civil liberties and privacy.

From knowledge to wisdom
Compared with the Sept 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States, the Dec 26, 2004 tsunami disaster has invoked the opposite reaction from the global community.

When terrorists attacked and brought down the Twin Towers, they divided the Muslim and Western worlds. 9/11 brought out the worst in humanity – distrust, anger, vengeance and even more hatred. It has led to more humans dying at the hands of their fellows. By contrast, the Asian Tsunami has largely brought out the best in humanity.

Americans, Europeans and Japanese are coming into predominantly Muslim Indonesia to help victims. Compassion is overcoming cultural differences.

For the moment, everyone is united under the human race.

The weapons of mass destruction designed by man are humbled by the power of “acts of God” which are capable of sweeping through continents in an instant. Is there a message there somewhere?

We know what is tacit knowledge and what is explicit knowledge.

We embody this understanding into knowledge management systems which give us greater control over situations and people, but there is still a higher level of knowledge: Wisdom.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://www.aimglobal.org/members/news/templates/rfid.asp?articleid=223&zoneid
AIM RFID Mark Standard Announced

Friday, September 10, 2004 - AIM Global

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

For more information, contact:

Bert Moore

Director, Communications and Media Relations

+1 412 341-1342

bert@aimglobal.org

AIM RFID MarkTM Standard Announced

Warrendale, PA -- With the growing use of RFID-enabled bar code labels in business, industry and military environments, it may be difficult for workers with hand-held readers to differentiate labels that contain RFID transponders from those that don't. And, as more variations on these labels appear -- differing by both frequency and data format and content -- workers must decide which label to read (for example, one that is data-rich or one that is just a license plate).

The AIM RFID MarkTM provides a standard way to clearly show the presence of an RFID transponder, its frequency and data structure.

The AIM RFID Mark is a distinctive pattern that contains a unique two-character code. The first character indicates the frequency and coding authority, the second character indicates the data content and/or structure. A provision is also made to identify compatible RFID readers/encoders.

Examples of the AIM RFID Mark

Mark for readers/encoders

Mark for RFID-enabled labels and tags

Both light-on-dark and dark-on-light versions of the AIM RFID Mark are provided in order to address the needs of label producers.

The AIM RFID Mark standard was developed by the AIM North America Standards Action Group (NASAG) under the umbrella of the AIM Global Standards Action Group (GlobalSAG) and the AIM Global RFID Action Group (AG).

According to AIM NASAG Committee Chair, Dick Sorenson, director of Product Management for LXE, "The AIM RFID Mark will allow workers to quickly and easily identify which labels contain an RFID transponder, whether it's one they need to read, and whether their reader is compatible with it. An AIM RFID Mark on the reader itself will provide a visual cue to which type of labels to read."

AIM encourages all equipment manufacturers and label producers (those actually printing the label) to use the AIM RFID Mark. Organizations setting standards and labeling guidelines are encouraged to include the use of the AIM RFID Mark in their documents.

Sorenson noted that the initial request to develop an identification scheme that could be applied to any RFID tag or label came to AIM in March of 2004. The standard was developed in six months.

Dan Mullen, president of AIM Global, observed, "The AIM RFID Mark is the type of activity for which AIM is uniquely suited. Because of our global membership of manufacturers, integrators and service providers, we can quickly respond to the need for cross-application solutions to certain issues."

The standard will be available free of charge from the AIM website (www.aimglobal.org/download.asp) by October 15th. The document will be packaged with the actual graphics to be used by equipment manufacturers, label producers and document developers.

##########

About AIM Global

AIM Global is the association for and worldwide authority on automatic identification, data collection and networking in a mobile environment. AIM members are providers and users of technologies, systems and services that capture, manage and integrate accurate data into larger information management systems. As a not-for-profit industry organization, AIM's mission is to stimulate the understanding, adoption and use of AIM technology by providing timely, unbiased and commercial-free news and information.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement