Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Terror expert: Qaida WMD attack on US likely soon

Author Topic: Terror expert: Qaida WMD attack on US likely soon
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since nobody seems to want to do anything about our borders, you can count on something soon. These maniacs will stop at nothing to destroy us all. It's almost time for the big showdown.

Maranatha! [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Deb, I don't know how you live there in DC. It scares me to think of it. I used to think this part of the country was scary during the cold war because they had all these missels out here, so you know where Russia was aiming for, but at least then we knew when an attack was coming and what it looked like. Wars of attrition like what Israel has lived through are another story. I don't want to be here to see that kind of thing on American soil.

Oh I hear ya Sis! LOL! Believe me, with every passing year it gets a bit more nerve racking! First the Pentagon (which Ian watched burn from his office window), then the Sniper shootings (which I had to drive through their favorite Target areas twice a day with kids in the car)... I think I'd rather live right next to a missle silo. At least that way you know it's gonna be over in a blink of an eye.

Got room for 3 more? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think that before 911 many Americans gave much thought to the Arabs one way or the other? I know this is naive, but I find it odd to be hated for being an American. Most Americans are so consumed with their day to day lives that they never gave one thought to Islam or the middle east or any of the issues that are issues for them. THey think we hate them, before 911 I think most Americans would have had anyone of them to dinner.

TOday, I understand the Arab Israeli conflict, I understand the Moslem/Chrstian conflict, because of my faith. But honestly even among Christians, I don't think most of us had a clue prior to 911.

To hate someone because of what they are, or what their ethnicity is... it is just so strange to me.

50 million people ready to spend their money and some of them their lives to hurt us. When all most of us care about is getting our kids to soccer practice on thursday is bazaar.

Deb, I don't know how you live there in DC. It scares me to think of it. I used to think this part of the country was scary during the cold war because they had all these missels out here, so you know where Russia was aiming for, but at least then we knew when an attack was coming and what it looked like. Wars of attrition like what Israel has lived through are another story. I don't want to be here to see that kind of thing on American soil.

I won't cower either, but we need to pray. I believe we must pray.Thanks, Deb for sharing this message and for reminding us. I know I do not think of praying for this nation or it's people and leaders faithfully on a daily basis and I should.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LaurieFL:
I do choose to be an enemy of Islam. They are right about that, Amen! I will pray for mercy on America and for God to build a hedge around Al Aqeda, but I will not cower.

Amen my Sis!

I will not cower either, but my concern is loosing a loved one (husband or son) and I don't think I can bear that... Mom was hard enough [Wink]

But I stand with you all the way!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do choose to be an enemy of Islam. They are right about that, Amen! I will pray for mercy on America and for God to build a hedge around Al Qaeda, but I will not cower.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it’s time we all start earnestly praying that our Abba (Father) will not allow such an attack to succeed.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/Printer&cid=1101615867007

Terror expert: Qaida WMD attack on US likely soon
Etgar Lefkovits, THE JERUSALEM POST
Nov. 29, 2004

An al-Qaida attack on the US with non-conventional weapons is virtually "inevitable," and the organization is likely "tying up the knots" for such an attack, Yossef Bodansky, former director of the US Congressional Task Force on Terrorism and Unconventional Warfare, told The Jerusalem Post on Sunday.

"All of the warnings we have today indicate that a major strike – something more horrible than anything we've seen before – is all but inevitable," he said.

Bodansky, here for the second annual Jerusalem Summit, an international gathering of conservative thinkers, added that "the primary option" for the next al-Qaida attack on US soil would be one that would use weapons of mass destruction.

"I do not have a crystal ball, but this is what all the available evidence tells us, we will have a bang," Bodansky said.

He said that al-Qaida has not carried out a second major attack on the US until now for internal psychological and ideological reasons, but after the reelection of President George W. Bush, it has gotten "the green light" to do so from leading Islamic religious luminaries, as well as from "the elites of the Arab world."

According to Bodansky's reading of Osama bin Laden's mind-set, after the elaborate attacks of 9/11 there was no need for the "bin Ladens of the world" to carry out a second major attack in the US, both because the target audience of the attacks – the Arab and Islamic world – had gotten the message that America could be penetrated, and because a second attack would necessarily have to be more grandiose.

Following the attacks and the US-led war on terror, a debate started within the operational arm of the organization over the potential use of weapons of mass destruction, Bodansky said.

If, in pre-9/11 days, the theme used by bin Laden was that perpetual confrontation and jihad against the US was the only way to protect Islam, the argument now used is the ability to punish American society, Bodansky said.

"Just as the West was challenging the quintessence of Islam by means of the globalization era, there was a parallel need by Islamic extremists to strike at – and hurt – the core of American society, this time with weapons of mass destruction," Bodansky said.

A subsequent theological debate emerged within the organization, and its supporters in the Arab world, he said, over whether the mass killing of innocents is permissible.

While bin Laden and his associates argued that by virtue of their participation in US democracy, US citizens were enabling their rulers to fight, other Islamic luminaries contended that this does not permit such massive attacks, Bodansky said. The reelection of Bush in November, he said, was viewed by bin Laden and his cohorts as a decisive answer to this deliberation, with Americans now "choosing" to be the enemies of Islam. In bin Laden's mind-set, he said, the stage was set for a non-conventional attack.

Bodansky said that while there may still be some vestiges of debate and doubt within Islamic circles, he believes that planing for such an attack is finished. "They got the kosher stamp from the Islamic world to use nuclear weapons," he said.

Moreover, Bodansky said that America is losing the war against terrorism, noting the number of recruits bin Laden is able to count on, as his call to arms gains widespread support throughout the Muslim world.

In the pre-9/11 world, Bodansky said, jihadists could count on 250,000 individuals trained and willing to die, and 2.5 million–5 million people willing to help them in one way or another. He cited intelligence estimates from this summer that suggest that as many as 500,000-750,000 people are willing and trained to die, 10 million are willing to actively support them, short of killing, while another 50 million are willing to support such a movement financially.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement