Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Civil unrest in Ukraine

Author Topic: Civil unrest in Ukraine
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are still no resolution to this problem and it is re-creating tensions that existed in the Cold War. In my opinion, the goal of Vladmir Putin is to reestablish the Soviet regime, which will not only set back diplomatic relations between them and the U.S., but more importantly to me, could impede the work of the Lord that is going on in the former USSR.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&ncid=564&e=18&u=/nm/20041207/ts_nm/ukraine_dc_290

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041123/ap_on_re_eu/ukraine_election

Please pray for the people in this country and also for the many missionaries there now. Satan is working hard in the former Soviet Union to reimplement the Soviet regime. There has been much progress made since 1989 in bringing Christ to these people. They are hungry for God and want to hear the messsage. If the Communist party is allowed to re-establish control of these people, the iron curtain will once again slam shut.

Calvary Chapel has many missionaries living in the former Soviet Union, where they start churches and stay to disciple new convernts. This past spring a group of young men broke into the apartment of some of these missionaries and beat them severely. This is an example of the spiritual warfare trning physical. I have no doubt in my mind that the criminals could have been sent by the government.

Please pray for protection and grace for the missionaries there, and for bravery if they are persecuted for their faith.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement