Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Tic Toc

Author Topic: Tic Toc
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 19 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out what I found on FoxNews.com today:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138800,00.html

Putin: Russia Developing New Missiles

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Associated Press

MOSCOW — President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday that Russia is developing a new form of nuclear missile unlike those held by other countries, news agencies reported.

Speaking at a meeting of the Armed Forces' leadership, Putin said Russia is researching and successfully testing new nuclear missile systems, the ITAR-Tass news agency reported

"I am sure that ... they will be put in service within the next few years and, what is more, they will be developments of the kind that other nuclear powers do not and will not have," Putin was quoted as saying.

Putin reportedly said: "International terrorism is one of the major threats for Russia. We understand as soon as we ignore such components of our defense as a nuclear and missile shield, other threats may occur."

"We'll continue our efforts to build our armed forces and its nuclear component," Putin said, according to ITAR-Tass.

No details were immediately available, but Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov (search) said earlier this month that Russia expected to test-fire a mobile version of its Topol-M ballistic missile (search) this year and that production of the new weapon could be commissioned in 2005.

Topol-Ms have been deployed in silos since 1998. The missiles have a range of about 6,000 miles and reportedly can maneuver in ways that are difficult to detect.

News reports have also said Russia is believed to be developing a next-generation heavy nuclear missile that could carry up to 10 nuclear warheads weighing a total of 4.4 tons, compared with the Topol-M's 1.32-ton combat payload.

Earlier this year, a senior Defense Ministry official was quoted as telling news agencies that Russia had developed a weapon that could make the United States' proposed missile-defense system useless.

Details were not given, but military analysts said the claimed new weapon could be a hypersonic cruise missile or maneuverable ballistic missile warheads.

Putin repeatedly has vowed to restore Russia's military power, which declined after the breakup of the Soviet Union amid severe funding problems. His latest statement sets an assertive tone ahead of this weekend's summit of the Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation (search) organization, where he is expected to have a bilateral meeting with President Bush.

Independent military analyst Pavel Felgenhauer said the statement appeared to be as much for show as for military strategy.

"This is intended for the internal audience, an attempt to say that things are great, that defense is growing stronger and not falling apart as it actually is," Felgenhauer said.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I'm torn on how this will play out. Although Russia is getting paid for building these facilities and helping with the technology, how will they react when these reactors get blown up? That would just mean more cash for them to rebuild but they will also want to look tough. I dunno, it will be very interesting to watch.

Whatever happens, I think you are right in that it will be the hook. Maybe not right away but who knows.

-

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
Anyone who still denies the threat from the middle east and why we are there needs to have their head examined. Iran will be dealt with next by the U.S. or Israel. Either way, their nuclear threat needs to be taken out.

And once this all goes down (and I'm thinking it will be Israel who will premptive strike) then Russia HAS to come against Israel because they signed a military cooperation agreement with Iran sometime back (2 years maybe?). I forget what they call that? A "hook" in Magog's Jaw? [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exiles: Iran Has Nuke-Bomb Blueprints
quote:
Soleimani said centrifuges and other equipment needed to produce enriched uranium had been covertly moved from a facility at Lavizan-Shian (search) to a nearby site within Tehran's city limits.
web page

-

Anyone who still denies the threat from the middle east and why we are there needs to have their head examined. Iran will be dealt with next by the U.S. or Israel. Either way, their nuclear threat needs to be taken out. And if you lovey-dovey libs can't understand that, maybe you should move to Iraq. I hear they love Americans there...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement