Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » 11/11/04 END TIMES NEWS

Author Topic: 11/11/04 END TIMES NEWS
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
 -

Heh, been workin' all day and I get home and I still have no clue what's going on here. Mez tinks me losin' me head! [pound]

LOL!!!!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Heh, been workin' all day and I get home and I still have no clue what's going on here. Mez tinks me losin' me head! [pound]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MAC: What is the only sin not forgiven? It is the one not covered by the blood of Jesus, would you agree?

When Israel as in a remnant from the 12 tribes are saved, they will be saved because they recognize Jesus is the messiah. They will have suffered loss, because they missed out all these years, they had they recognized him could have been the bride. Most of them will have died for him and his name in the Great Tribulation. Still HE is the Messiah... theirs and ours.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Go back and read the scriptures just befor this one. You will note that Paul speaks to the church. But he speaks of someone else (Jacob)All Israel the tribes of Judah and the 10 tribes of the North.

We the church are not Jacob; but here in ROmans, you see Paul say ungodliness is turned away from Jacob. The 12 tribes - All Israel is decendant of Jacob and they will come to Christ.

Jacob is a son of Isaac and a grandson of Abraham. But we too are sons of Abraham, though we are not sons of Jacob. No where in scripture are the sons of the heathen nations called sons of Jacob, but the gentiles (heathen nations) are become sons of Abraham by the Spirit of Adoption that is Christ Jesus. Grafted OUT of the WIlD Olive and into the Good AMONG NOT IN Place of the ones that were cut off.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

The sin that the Pharasee were warned of was that not only did they not accept Jesus, but the did not accept his works either...atributing them to Satan. Notice that Jesus said these were in danger of eternal damnation. Even they had the opportunity for repentence...

Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Jesus said to the disciples if you dont believe me believe my works. They had to remain in faith and see the crucifiction and resurrection. Judas didnt make it.

But God says and remember Jesus is already ascended at this time that Paul speaks to the Roman Christians... "there is coming out of zion a deliverer and shall turn away ungodliness out of Jacob.

That at this time that Paul spoke could only be the 2nd coming of Christ, and Jacob the 12 tribes. We the church had already been delivered at the cross. (Ironically that was your original point, the source of your anger; we the church are not waiting for Israel for us to be saved; We are saved.)(But MAC, their day is coming.)

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miguel:
but remember that in the word of God indicates to us that all blasphemy is forgiven except one (Holy Spirit)

Look for it, we can curse God, Jesus and heaven and there is forgivenees!

Hi Miguel [Smile]

Now I am confused? Did I or someone do this? (blaspheme the Holy Spirit I mean?) I haven't read anything that would indicate that anyone here did? I just want to make sure I'm understanding what you are saying [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bat Elohim:
just a question though... why do you put all those paranthesis around my name??? is that like shouting? or is it an exclamation? I'm just wondering.

I'm sorry, that means I'm hugging you. I've done that for years now and it's a habit when I want to give someone a hug. Now we have the smilies that hug and sometimes I forget about them [Wink]

About Barry: I don't know if he's on the board you mentioned? He used to be one of the moderators here along with Linda (Helpforhomeschoolers).

I don't agree with the Legalistic view either [Wink]

I almost forgot to add (duh!) PRAISE GOD that those doors kept closing! HE was protecting you!!! [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry Miguel... it does get confusing who's talking to whom sometimes!

I also have a lot of friends that are in the Masonic Lodge. I love them dearly and they know my stance. Some of them are very devout Christians, including an older lady at my church. To them they are doing nothing wrong, their focus is on Jesus and God as the Supreme Being. But for me, I see a deeper meaning and can no longer participate.

Miguel, I had also run across a similar link to what you posted. Not that specific one though, I don't think.

Thank you Miguel and SoftTouch for your input. I was just wondering if it might become the great False Religion.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
quote:
Sorry; but I know there are very educated students in here on this board and to think that our redemption depends of what happens in Israel.

Hi Miguel [Smile]

This isn't what Ripp is saying.

The reason we all watch Israel so much is because God is not finished his work with them yet... they will yet be saved. However, we watch Israel to see when this "covenant" may come about between the AC. Many believe that the AC will bring about a peace plan between Israel and her enemies (which will be false and he will only honor for 3 and 1/2 years). Those who believe the Rapture is Pre-Trib are looking to this because that will be when the rapture happens (according to their understanding of the timing). I don't hold to a pre-rapture theory but I sure pray for it! I don't know When but I know it Will happen [Smile]

Bottom line is no one is replacing Israel for the Church - or the Church for Israel. But remember that God did say those who Bless her will be Blessed. We pray for Peace (God's Shalom) for Israel and that the Lost Sheep of Israel will turn to HIM (Yeshua) and recieve Salvation.

Ripp, I think this is what Miguel is concerned about... not that you think you're any better, but that the Jews tend to view themselves as being better because they are God's Chosen People. (Which they are because God does not break covenants) But Israel fails to see that their rejection of Yeshua (Jesus) is the reason they go through all the horrible stuff they do. But eventually all Israel will be saved. However (Miguel [Wink] ) we who are Saved need to be careful not to boast against the natural branches that were broken off so we could be grafted in [Wink]

Miguel, did I understand your concern correctly?

Yes in a way, but remember that in the word of God indicates to us that all blasphemy is forgiven except one (Holy Spirit)

Look for it, we can curse God, Jesus and heaven and there is forgiveness!

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
quote:
Sorry; but I know there are very educated students in here on this board and to think that our redemption depends of what happens in Israel.

Hi Miguel [Smile]

The reason we all watch Israel so much is because God is not finished his work with them yet... they will yet be saved. However, we watch Israel to see when this "covenant" may come about between the AC. Many believe that the AC will bring about a peace plan between Israel and her enemies (which will be false and he will only honor for 3 and 1/2 years). Those who believe the Rapture is Pre-Trib are looking to this because that will be when the rapture happens (according to their understanding of the timing). I don't hold to a pre-rapture theory but I sure pray for it! I don't know When but I know it Will happen [Smile]

Bottom line is no one is replacing Israel for the Church - or the Church for Israel. But remember that God did say those who Bless her will be Blessed. We pray for Peace (God's Shalom) for Israel and that the Lost Sheep of Israel will turn to HIM (Yeshua) and recieve Salvation.

Ripp, I think this is what Miguel is concerned about... not that you think you're any better, but that the Jews tend to view themselves as being better because they are God's Chosen People. (Which they are because God does not break covenants) But Israel fails to see that their rejection of Yeshua (Jesus) is the reason they go through all the horrible stuff they do. But eventually all Israel will be saved. However (Miguel [Wink] ) we who are Saved need to be careful not to boast against the natural branches that were broken off so we could be grafted in [Wink]

Yes in a way, but remember that in the word of God indicates to us that all blasphemy is forgiven except one (Holy Spirit)

Look for it, we can curse God, Jesus and heaven and there is forgivenees!

--------------------

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Bat, I have friends that are part of it.

--------------------

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Ok, it is softouch.

--------------------

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Are you refering to "softouch" or me.

--------------------

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

quote:
When you say here! Where is here at?

sorry Miguel... North Louisiana, Shreveport specifically.

I've been involved in the Masonic Lodge my entire life (until recently). I've seen a vast decline in this area over the last 25 years. But now (last 2 or 3 years) it has started to gain acceptance again. They have just built a new lodge about 2 blocks from my church. And our old lodge is being renovated.

SoftTouch, is Barry the same Barry that goes to the Ephesians 5:11 site? Cause I think I know who you are talking about. I was a member of that site too for a while, but the legalism pushed me out. I still visit that site cause I truely want to help those women that want to ask questions. But the men argue too much!!! LOL!

My father was also a 32nd Degree Mason and a Shriner in the Scottish Rite for about 30 years. He had a Masonic funeral a few years ago, but he also believed himself to be a christian. I hadn't spoken to him in over 10 years when he died, so I don't really know what he believed. My uncle said that he was a member of a local church and there was a pastor at his funeral, but the pastor didn't sound like he knew him very well.

One of the bylaws for membership is that you believe in a Supreme Being, but they don't enforce it.

I had been to that website (that you gave the link for) before. I have been studying and researching for over 5 years now. Cause I was going to join Eastern Star, but the doors kept closing and I wondered why. Now I know that God was protecting me until He could show me the truth.

just a question though... why do you put all those paranthesis around my name??? is that like shouting? or is it an exclamation? I'm just wondering.

--------------------

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

I will give a hand on this;

Mason

--------------------

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

When you say here! Where is here at?

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

(((((Bat))))))

What I've found in my study of Freemasonry (Masons) is not good [Frown] Here is a link to one of the sites I've done study on... they have a virtural libray of inside information and articles: http://www.cuttingedge.org/fmcorner.html

My father-in-law was (don't know if he still is...) a 32nd degree mason of the Scottish Rite and he Hates Christianity and I've finally discovered why [Frown]

It's too bad our Brother Barry dosn't come around here anymore. He knew a whole lot on this subject.

--------------------

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

I have a question... do you think that Freemasonry will be the great False Religion? Because it claims to not be a religion, but when we used to meet, we always prayed to the Supreme Being and had a bible open on our altars.

Yes, I'm a girl. No I wasn't a Mason. I was a Rainbow Girl, which means I was the daugher of a Mason. As a matter of fact, I'm decended from a whole line of masons. My mom is in Eastern Star and has tried to get me to join, but I've already told her no.

I've done a lot of research on the masonic lodge because of my affiliation with it. Their beliefs are more along the line of the New Age. They accept everyone's beliefs. The Supreme Being is the representation of Your Personal God. If you are a Christian or Jew, then it is Yahweh Elohim. If you are a satanist, then it is Lucifer. Etc...

anyway, I'm just asking. Freemasonry is declining to such a degree around here that they have started accepting open applications where you don't have to be related to a mason to join or even a friend of a mason. I see the membership growing quite quickly in the future, because masons are bound to each other. if someone applies for a job and you're both masons, even if someone who is more experienced applies, you have to hire the mason because he is your brother.

--------------------

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Thank you Linda

I will cont to study to read what the word of God have to say. [hug]

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MAC:

MAC, I believe that scriptures show that the nation of Israel would once again become a nation, and it has. Israel has never fulfilled its purpose in GOD's having called them. Israel had according to scripture the oracles of GOD. They were purposed to show the nations (the heathen world) what it looked like to be a people of THe Most High God and they failed.

We the church and the Bride of Christ were given to Christ by the Father God; but GOD the Father is still married to Israel the nation...the Hebrew people...Judah/Israel....12 tribes....Jacob.

National Israel is not "better" than us. And we not better than her! Her blindness is in part for our sakes and until, the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.

As we look to Israel for the signs of what GOD is doing in her, we look knowing that what GOD is doing in US, is moving closer and closer to completion.

GOD will glorify his church and take her from the scene so that he can deal with Israel during Daniel's 70th week.

Abraham was a Olive tree planted by GOD. It had many branches that produced no fruit. So he cut them off. Then he grafted us, his church in AMONG those braches that had been cut down to the trunk. But we cannot boast against the branches that were cut off, because we are of the same tree now. They are our brethern, but they right now in this time are like the prodigal son who is out living with the pigs.

When they come home, GOD will go out to greet them and he will be glad they have come home. They are going to get splended robes and they will be treated with all the love of the Father GOD that he has ever had for them.

We have not replaced the sons of Jacob. We have been adopted into their family. The great Olive tree of Abraham is our family tree. The amazing thing about olive trees is that you can cut the trunk right down to the ground and the roots themselves will spring forth shoots of new life. branch right off to the trunk and because the root is good, you can graft a branch right on.

We are ALL part of the same Oilve tree, we all have the same root.

So we look to Israel and what is happening, not because our salvation waits or depends on what happens to Israel, but because what is happening in GOD's olive tree is happening in the TREE which we have already been grafted into and which some will be grafted BACK into.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read what your are saying David, but where is that verse that indicates to us that a Jew is not in the outer parts but in the inner. Yes salvation came by Jesus, which He was a Jew in this earth but does not the word of God, tells us that the seed of Abraham will be countless.

Just thoughts David, not to make any argument that causes heat.

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All Gentiles (everyone that is not a Jew) best set down with thier bible and read Romans 9-11 and know where you stand as a gentile. We best be thankful to the Jews and to our awesome God for letting us in. God did this to make the Jews jealous. So ALL gentiles best not ever think they are better or taking the Jews place.

Romans 11:11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.

- - - - - -
The Holy Bible, New King James Version

Romans 11:1 through Romans 11:36 (NKJV)
1I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3“LORD, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”?£ 4But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”£ 5Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace.£ But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.
7What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8Just as it is written:
“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day.ӣ
9And David says:
“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
And bow down their back always.ӣ
11I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
13For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
16For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.
19You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, £goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
25For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be £saved, as it is written:
“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.ӣ
28Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
33Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
34 “For who has known the mind of the LORD?
Or who has become His counselor?ӣ
35 “Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?ӣ
36For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

[type]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:

Hi Miguel [Smile]

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying I think I am better than you and Linda? That's not the case if that's what you are saying. I am a sinner just like anyone else. I'm sure my past is pretty ugly compared to most on this BBS. Believe me, I bow down VERY low every night to humble myself before God. I am the least worthy person of His Grace and I know what the blood of His Son means to me. After 34 years of sin, believe me, I am very humbled and grateful. I hope you understand that. I don't do this for my fleshy desires or to get attention. I wan't no part of that. I don't even want to be thanked for doing this. Someone asked me recently if I wanted my name up in recognition for my postings because they are using these posts on another site. I told him that I want NO part of that. I don't want my name associated with this. This is not my works. This is HIS works. In no way did I plan to do this kind of thing and I want no attention or recognition for it. I shuddered in the past when someone thanked me for doing this. I pray every night for him to continue to humble me by His Grace. Like I said, I am not worthy of his Grace. I just pray that I will be worthy on that day that He might tell me, "Well done My good and faithful servant." That is all that matters to me.

God bless. [Prayer]

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Hi Linda;

Yes! Linda he is on of the watcher to see like Kindgo but you know (I think) that is more than that! Israel was a remnant to show the law of God but then our Savior came to make that (gone!) that is why you and me are the seed, for it is not in the carnal but in the inwards.

Ps Linda
I don’t take them out of (Israel), but they are sinners like you and me. And you know He came to paid once…

And that is my honest anger.

They make themselves better than you do and I when we are all SINNERS saved by Grace.

Just my thoughts at this time Linda.
Take care,
MAC

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Ahh I see. Thanks for posting that Linda, I wasn't quite sure what he was saying. I have never been good with understanding languages and accents.

All I can say is that I have been compelled by the Spirit to do this. I don't know why. I thought that after I was saved I would be pulled to ministry. After all, my father was a minister. Two out of three of my uncles were ministers. My grandpa was a minister. My grandad is a world famous composer and organist. My mother has been in the church choir since she was a child. But, that call wasn't for me.

Where I go from here, I'm not real sure. All I know is my calling and gift has been in seeing the spiritual battles and the true chaos of this world. I see it in every day life. Your guess is as good as mine as to why He has me doing this. Maybe someone out there will read a news article and realize that time is short and then come to Jesus. That is my desire of course, I hope that many will come to Jesus. Either by something I post or by someone elses here. Makes no difference to me, as long as they get saved. I realize that it might seem strange what I do. I sometimes think of myself as a Spiritual Drudge heh. But, I was not gifted for the ministry so I am doing what I know how to do to serve the Lord.

If I have offended you in some way, I apologize. My intent here is not to do that. I only wish to inform those of the signs of the times. I hope that a passerby checking my news post will join the board and be saved. Far fetched maybe, but since I don't seem to have the gift of walking up to someone and preaching, I figure why not try this. I sense and feel that time is short and we need to save as many as we can while we have time. I'm just doing what I know how and what He has guided me to do.

God bless and stay strong. [Prayer]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Hi MAC:

I think RIPP is standing in the spot left bare here when Kindgo left us. He, like she was, is a watcher. Always looking for the evidence of HIS soon return for us.

With each passing day it seems the world becomes more mad (crazy).

I was reading some historical accounts recently of the time of the Roman Empire after Christ, but before Constantine. I am not sure that I am capable of really understanding life then, people burned at the stake alive, ripped apart by wild beasts while the crowds cheered. I am not sure I can imagine the barbarism of pagan Rome. If we fast forward to modern times in this country even 60 years ago, it would seem that we had become somewhat civilized. It might seem as though something had happened, something good. Now we seem to be headed in the reverse direction.

We are seeing what history has seen so many times before; the decline of a civilization, and not just here in America, but around the world.

How bad was it just before the Deluge? Only 8 people were worthy of Grace. How bad was it in Babel when GOD separated the people and confused the language? When GOD destroyed Sodom & Gomorah, only Lot was spared and he only because of Abraham. When GOD led the assyrians to victory over the Northern Kingdom and scattered them so severely that none of even today knows where their decendants are, how bad was it? I have read of artifacts found, Clay jars with the bones of babies in them, sacrificed to the heathen gods. Is it that bad now? How bad will it get?

The scriptures say that we are to meditate on things lovely......

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I believe this is for us too. I believe that you can focus so much on the works of the enmy that it corrupts your spirit and gives the enemy a foot hold in your mind with which to pry the door wide open, bind you and spoil your house.

Still, Jesus says watch. Wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes in divers places, kingdom rising against kingdom, famine and Pestilence.

I think we need to both see these things are happening and attribute them to the times or else we start to believe that it is all a matter of coinsidence. We will just pass it off and fail to see that it is GOD bringing about the truth of HIS word.

So, while we cannot be worried for these things. We must remain in HIS peace and HIS rest even through these times, but I dont think we either should fail to see the value of those who watch the signs of the times.

Let them instead serve to remind us to look up for our redemption is near. Let their news posts fill us with a sense of urgency to preach the gospel for time is short and many are still wandering about looking for their shepherd.

May we never be found so busy watching the signs here on earth that we fail to be looking upward, for it is for Christ that we wait, and not the antichirst.

God Bless you and keep you and your house.

Ripp
unregistered

Oh no, you got it wrong I think. I am posting this as to when the rapture will happen. We are told to watch for these things and when we see them, His return draws near. Um, at least that's what I think your saying. [Confused]
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Ps

Call me unlearn if you desire.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Miguel wrote:
quote:
Questian!

Is all this news according to the word of God?
Or all this is just trying to guest!

Well, I think understand your question. What I post are news reports about the signs of the end of times. We are told to look for wars and rumors of wars. The roaring of the seas. Pestilences, technology, people running to and fro. Israel and their battle with survival. The peace treaty with Isreal that will signal the beginning of the tribulation. The breakdown of morals and values. The breakdown of society and people. The apostacy of churches and individuals away from God. These are just some of the signs we are to watch for in the end times. I hope that answers your question. [Smile]

God bless and stay strong. [Prayer]

P.S. Maybe some kind soul will post some of these from the Scriptures. [Wink]

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Questian!

Is all this news according to the word of God?
Or all this is just trying to guest!

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

UPDATED AS NEWS BREAKS

- END TIMES NEWS FOR 11/11/04  -

END TIMES PICK(S) OF THE DAY:

Lithuania First To Ratify EU Constitution
web page

Teacher charged with criminal sex abuse; Teens were reportedly paid for services
web page

Woman Reportedly Tortures 'Special Needs' Students  -
web page

Australians to make suicide pill
web page

Israel waters down tough stance in face of EU criticism
web page

Stay Close to Mary, Advises John Paul II
web page

WHO Board Recommends Allowing Genetic Engineering of Smallpox Virus
web page

Bush Hopes for Peace As Arafat Passes On
web page

TERRORISM:

Psychiatrist analyses Bin Laden video
web page

WEATHER/PLAGUE/PESTILENCE:

Shakin And A Quakin'
web page

Earthquake Rocks Parts of Eastern Indonesia
web page

IRELAND RECORDS FIRST HUMAN FORM OF MAD COW DISEASE
web page

Colombia battered by heavy floods  -
web page

Three major quakes (6.5,7.3,6.4) Solomon Isl.
web page

Sudden Onslaught of Quakes Including Mt. Hood, Mt. Ranier, Mt. Saint Helens, The 3 Sisters and Mt. Baker
web page

TECHNOLOGY/SCIENCE:

Shot Shows Promise As Male Contraceptive
web page

Stormy Uranus Takes Astronomers By Surprise
web page

MOVING BRAIN IMPLANT SEEKS OUT SIGNALS  -
web page

Car maker Audi AG uses Legic all-in-one contactless card
web page

Privacy Experts Shun Black Boxes
web page

ISRAEL/MIDDLE EAST:

Mofaz orders full closure of Territories
web page

Foreign dignitaries expected to attend Arafat's funeral
web page

Police stoned in Jerusalem
web page

Arafat´s Terrorist Legacy: A Partial List
web page

Arafat the monster
web page

Priest in Ramallah: "Funeral bells and a Mass for Arafat"
web page

Police to raise alert to 'war level'
web page

Hamas vows more attacks after Arafat
web page

Bullets, Tears, Hopes of Peace After Arafat's Death
web page

Lecturer: Iran needs nukes [Roll Eyes]
web page

U.S.

Bob Jones to Bush: Re-Election Offers Reprieve From Paganism
web page

Michigan Woman Sentenced for Taking Nearly $100,000 Meant for Sept. 11 Victims' Relatives  -
web page

Homeless Man Charged With Killing NYC Bridge Painter Who Gave Him Money, Food
web page

Protests over 'sexologist' movie
web page

Former US President Jimmy Carter calls Arafat a "powerful human symbol"
web page

San Diego killer wore 'Scream' mask
web page

U.S. Marines Greet Protesters In Los Angeles
web page

Robert Reich: God worse than terrorism
web page

Political debate at magnate school leads to assault charges
web page

Youth group protests 'Kinsey' movie
web page

Clergy name divorce as top threat to families
web page

U.S. Judge Finds Islamic Groups Liable in Death
web page

WORLD:

Out with the Christian, in with the Freemason
web page

Blair heads to US under pressure to deliver on Middle East pledges
web page

U.N. flag at half-mast for Arafat
web page

Vatican labels Arafat leader of 'great charisma'  -
web page

ANOTHER P.M.: Growth of religious right
web page

S Korea chided for nuclear tests
web page

COMMENTS:
Ugh, I feel sick reading the news today. Between the Arafat praise by some loonies out there and these sick teachers, it's just out of control. Come Lord Jesus!

Please feel free to copy and paste these on separate posts for discussion.

Get More Prophecy News @ FAVORMINDED.COM

FREE TRACTS!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement