Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » BABIES WITH THREE PARENTS

Author Topic: BABIES WITH THREE PARENTS
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really uncertain about the timing of the Rapture, but one thing I Do Know is that we (God's Children) are Not appointed to His wrath [clap2] so I have a strong feeling that we Won't be here when He pours it out! [rapture]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this earlier as I was surfing at school. I think your right, God, as patient as He is, has got to be running a bit thin. We seem to be spiraling down this vacuum of immorality into imminent destruction. I cringe every time I hear about an experiment or plans to use an embryo. Have we lost our minds? Life is a precious gift from God, we are NOT to mess with that!

I was listening to Charles Stanley on my way home and he was talking about when a country will reap the wrath of God. I believe we have opened that can of worms and have been taking them out one by one. I just pray that Jesus comes to get us before that time comes.

God help us. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 19 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking the Lord's patience has Got to be running out!

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1209592004

UK SCIENTISTS RAISE SPECTER OF BABIES WITH THREE PARENTS

October 18, 2004

The Scotsman reports: “Babies could be born with a third biological parent under planned research by British scientists to prevent mothers passing degenerative genetic diseases to their children.

Newcastle University experts want to implant part of an embryo taken from an affected mother in an egg from another woman to ensure the child is free from such conditions.

Researchers have applied to the Human Fertilization and Embryology Authority for permission to experiment on human embryos discarded during IVF treatment, following successful studies on mice.

The process could prevent affected mothers from passing on one of some 50 degenerative diseases, such as blindness, deafness and dementia. Some 1,000 children in Britain are thought to suffer from such diseases transmitted in this way.

But the controversial application triggered a chorus of opposition from churches, pro-life groups and psychologists, concerned that it is another step towards ‘designer babies’ and that it could cause problems for children technically born with three parents.

The Newcastle scientists plan to take the nucleus of an embryo from an affected mother and place it in a donated egg that has had its nucleus removed. They believe this would prevent the growing fetus from being infected with disease through defects in the DNA of mitochondria, the ‘powerhouse’ of cells that convert food into energy.

Mitochondrial genes are inherited through the mother, who may pass on the disease.

Dr Mary Herbert, of the Newcastle Fertility Centre, who is working with Professor Doug Turnbull, a neurologist, said the resultant fetus from the process should be free of the destructive genetic diseases.

Prof Turnbull added: ‘At the moment there is no cure for these children who are often very ill with a poor quality of life. We are at a very early stage of this work, but it does offer the potential to help many mothers and their families.’

The Roman Catholic Church in Scotland condemned the plans. Peter Kearney, the director of the Catholic Media Office, said: ‘This transforms the embryo’s components into commodities to be disposed of or experimented on, which seems to utterly ignore the humanity of the embryo. In addition, people living with these disorders are inevitably going to find themselves less accepted by a society capable of eliminating their kind from the human gene pool in future.’

Dr David King, director of Human Genetics Alert, said: ‘By creating a child with three genetic parents, these scientists are taking the first step towards genetic engineering of human beings.’…”

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement