Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » International team to monitor presidential elections! More proof of World Government!

Author Topic: International team to monitor presidential elections! More proof of World Government!
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Whitesands! I am amazed (though not too surprised if you know what I mean)that there has not been more coverage on this in the media...or more of a conservative outcry in this country. Truly this country is asleep and too busy following the many murder trials, missing person strories, and Hollywood gossip that the media focuses most of its attention to lately.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Trafield....I was just about to come and post the link to this news and noticed you already had it posted!!!

This is unreal...And it's the first time that we've had outside observers to monitor our U.S. elections...

We are already in world government and people don't even realize it...Matter of fact we are so deep into world government it's scary....Most are blinded by this very fact! Mass deception abounds!

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need to pray for our leaders and for this country that we will not be sucked into the coming one-world government of the antichrist. If we stay on our current track that is exactly where we are headed!
Even so, come Lord Jesus!

International team to monitor presidential election

Observers will be part of OSCE's human rights office

From David de Sola
CNN
Monday, August 9, 2004 Posted: 9:08 AM EDT (1308 GMT)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/08/international.observers/index.html
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A team of international observers will monitor the presidential election in November, according to the U.S. State Department.

The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe was invited to monitor the election by the State Department. The observers will come from the OSCE's Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights.It will be the first time such a team has been present for a U.S. presidential election.

"The U.S. is obliged to invite us, as all OSCE countries should," spokeswoman Urdur Gunnarsdottir said. "It's not legally binding, but it's a political commitment. They signed a document 10 years ago to ask OSCE to observe elections."Thirteen Democratic members of the House of Representatives, raising the specter of possible civil rights violations that they said took place in Florida and elsewhere in the 2000 election, wrote to U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan in July, asking him to send observers.After Annan rejected their request, saying the administration must make the application, the Democrats asked Secretary of State Colin Powell to do so.
The issue was hotly debated in the House, and Republicans got an amendment to a foreign aid bill that barred federal funds from being used for the United Nations to monitor U.S. elections, The Associated Press reported.

In a letter dated July 30 and released last week, Assistant Secretary of State Paul Kelly told the Democrats about the invitation to OSCE, without mentioning the U.N. issue."I am pleased that Secretary Powell is as committed as I am to a fair and democratic process," said Democratic Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson of Texas, who spearheaded the effort to get U.N. observers."The presence of monitors will assure Americans that America cares about their votes and it cares about its standing in the world," she said in a news release.Democratic Rep. Barbara Lee of California agreed. "This represents a step in the right direction toward ensuring that this year's elections are fair and transparent," she said."I am pleased that the State Department responded by acting on this need for international monitors. We sincerely hope that the presence of the monitors will make certain that every person's voice is heard, every person's vote is counted.

"OSCE, the world's largest regional security organization, will send a preliminary mission to Washington in September to assess the size, scope, logistics and cost of the mission, Gunnarsdottir said.The organization, which counts among its missions conflict prevention and postconflict rehabilitation, will then determine how many observers are required and where in the United States they will be sent."OSCE-participating [nations] agreed in 1990 to observe elections in one another's countries. The OSCE routinely monitors elections within its 55-state membership, including Europe, Eurasia, Canada and the United States," a State Department spokesman said.The spokesman said the United States does not have any details on the size and composition of the observers or what countries will provide them.OSCE, based in Vienna, Austria, has sent more than 10,000 personnel to monitor more than 150 elections and referenda in more than 30 countries during the past decade, Gunnarsdottir said.In November 2002, OSCE sent 10 observers on a weeklong mission to monitor the U.S. midterm elections. OSCE also sent observers to monitor the California gubernatorial recall election last year.More recently, OSCE monitored the elections in Northern Ireland in November and in Spain in March.

2 Chronicles 7:14
14if my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement