Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » One World Government (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: One World Government
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Strike me dead tonight in my sleep if a one world government is where the antichrist comes out of and begins it's rule of the earth (I say this to God) This is how much faith i have in saying that their is not enough scriptures to support a one world government. Do you really beleive that a one world government is a God given prophecy that you will actually make the statement that i just made? I am going to die tonight if i am wrong. If you hear back from me tommorow than you better check your prophecies to make sure they are from God and not from some other.
I would rather you never said this, do you not know, that God will hold you accountable even if your right, to use his grace in such a way.

I hope that you live out the night, and are in fact correct, but tell me then, if you died tonight, what would this prove to the next person that comes along as hard headed as you? Would God need to strike them down as well, and because of your own pride, and your own feeling of self righteous, shall you condemn yourself to blatant blasphemy to seek to counter a debate.

I beseech you tonight, to recant before the Lord and Ask forgiveness for what you have done, to mock the Lord in such a petty way.

I shall pray for you, not because of what we are debating, for this topic is ash. I shall pray for your soul that you find true enlightenment, not about this topic, but about what you have said in your petty pride.

You might wish to rethink your words, and the gauntlet you have slapped down on the table.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isit says:
quote:
Sometimes i seriously wonder who some of you worship.
Does the term "the pot calling the kettle black" mean anything to you?

Isit says:
quote:
What if the forming of a one world government is a sign that Christ is closer? Who is to say that the UN in the future might bring all the nations together so that their is no war. If their is a point in time where all the nations are together and not against each other? GW Bush, and Prince Charles and Osama Bin Laden, has to die at one point. The wicked will be removed the righteoues will stay. What if God right now is already taking and removing the wicked, so that when they die, they will be replaced with a righteous person?
I believe you just described the deception the antichrist will use to deceive those into believing that he is the Christ. Not the first time either...And you also have stated you do not believe Jesus is God, which makes you a non-believer.

Just putting things in perspective, but I will continue to pray for you.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
You missed "THE DAY OF THE LORD" in your readings.

What is correct for the Harpazo is.

2Thes.2

[7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.(THE HOLY SPIRIT WHICH WE ARE SEALED WITH)
[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: (THE DAY OF THE LORD)

Your interpretation does not hold up. First of all the passage is warning against thinking the Day could have come because it CANNOT come until the apostasy and the ultimate revealing of the antichrist. Furthermore, to say that the Holy Spirit lets iniquity continue until he is taken away makes no sense. If the Holy Spirit is letting the iniquity work now, He would not have to go away to cause further iniquity. And the "until" means that the iniquity continues "until" he is taken out of the way... which would mean once he is taken away then there is no more iniquity...not more iniquity. So this cannot be the Holy Spirit. This is a forced interpretation to fit the pretrib view. The "taken away" here is one of judgement for the one who is letting the iniquity work. You need to understand how the two subjects of the passage (God and the antichrist) are discussed as I see that you are confusing the use the word "he" in the passage. It can be confusing (especially in verse 6) since Paul used "he" to describe both God and the antichrist. But Paul uses the context to clarify who he is referring to in each sentence. This is how I believe it should be interpreted:

2Thes. 2:3-10

3Let no one in any way deceive you, for it (our being gathered together at the rapture...remember the dead in Christ will rise first) will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction (the antichrist),
4who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God (at the abomination of desolation).
5Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?
6And you know what(God and his timing) restrains him (the antichrist) now, so that in his (God's) time he (the antichrist) will be revealed.
7For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he (God) who now restrains will do so until he (the man who is to be the antichrist) is taken out of the way (when he is killed by a wound to the head and then becomes posessed by Satan.)
8Then that lawless one (the antichrist) will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;
9that is, the one (the antichrist) whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,
10and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

ISITjhn423
unregistered

Interesting BA thanks i will have to ponder that

Whitesands777 Thank you for your honesty

WildB - Good eye, i saw another scripture in the OT prophets which said the same exact thing that the Son of Perdition will be consumed by THE SPIRIT of his Mouth. Except it was not worded the same obviously and this is maybe where Paul got the idea in the first place. Also notice it says mystery of iniquity - In 1 samuel we are told tha stubborness is as iniquity. This goes in line with the saying that people will give away to fables and tails in the last days as written in the NT. Also if someone is stubborn what can't they see? They can't see the Truth, who is the Truth? (Jesus) The truth shall set us free.

Concerning the antichrist coming out of a one world government - antichrist is a spirit, antichrist was amongst us 2000 years ago, the apostasy started 2000 years ago, look at the scriptures they don't lie.

Here is a thought that surfaced today while meditating on the one world government. Isn't Jesus suppose to have all the nations united as well. What if the forming of a one world government is a sign that Christ is closer? Who is to say that the UN in the future might bring all the nations together so that their is no war. If their is a point in time where all the nations are together and not against each other? GW Bush, and Prince Charles and Osama Bin Laden, has to die at one point. The wicked will be removed the righteoues will stay. What if God right now is already taking and removing the wicked, so that when they die, they will be replaced with a righteous person? Some parts of the government is shady, but their still is alot of positive things in the government, like eduaction, well fare etc... What if rumours of war and terrible times is what it takes for the whole world to realize and wake up about how they treat people. All the nations in the world have been condemning the terrorists as beheading as the most vile way of murder - murder is not good but even our enemies don't agree with these terrible acts, the world is not a bad place, it's actually getting better, you just need to look at the good things and not the bad things. Sometimes i seriously wonder who some of you worship. I see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven, and standing at the right hand of God and New Jerusalem coming in the clouds of heaven - PREPARED. I see Life ahead, some of you see death, blood, smoke and apocalyptic events, that is death. You are guys are supposed to be watching the thief, but i think the thief has already come and you still didn't see him coming, because some of you are not his children. Jesus would rather have us watch our souls than the TV. When Jesus said Watch, he met watch your souls, not watch CNN. What profit does CNN bring? what Profit does watching your soul bring - eternal joy and peace in the Holy Spirit???

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 2 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trafield

Advanced Member
Member # 758

posted July 01, 2004 09:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the rapture there will be alot of people gone in goverenement and this could weaken the control that America has over the world. Or the influnece. Plus the world will be in such a panic that when the anit christ comes on the scene every country will give into him pretty easily.

A good thought, but scripture says the antichrist must be revealed before the rapture can occur.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-2
1Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,
2that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
3Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed...

You missed "THE DAY OF THE LORD" in your readings.

What is correct for the Harpazo is.

2Thes.2

[7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.(THE HOLY SPIRIT WHICH WE ARE SEALED WITH)
[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: (THE DAY OF THE LORD)

Wb

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
Trafield, i totally beleive that their will be one who everyone in the world will worship except Christians, what i am having a hard time understanding and seeing is that this is refering to a one world governmental system. I am asking to see the scriptures saying that their will be a one world government. So far it's based on two scriptures, and the two scriptures seems to be lacking faith and confidence. I'm just asking for scriptures which makes you believe this
For one, I have already posted the scriptures which lead me to belive that there will be a one world government. Regardless, the number of scriptures is a mute point. All the Bible is the inspired Word of God. If only one scripture referred to Jesus as God, would you not believe that He is God? Would this make it untrue?

Again, here are the scriptures:

1)Zechariah 14:2-3 mentions the gathering of all the nations to fight against Jerusalem.

2)Joel 3:1-16 reveals judgement on the nations for dividing up the land of Israel.

3)Daniel 2:40-45 shows a final kingdom on earth before the Kingdom of God comes..the Lord's Kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

4)Daniel 7:23-24 Dainel's dream is interpreted showing a final world kingdom in the last days.

5)Revelation 13:7-8 shows that the antichrist will be in charge of the entire world and all who are not truly believers in Jesus Christ will worship the beast.

6)Revelation 13:14-18 show that the antichrist leader will deceive the people of the earth and will force all to receive a mark on their right hand or forehead in one global economic system.

7)Revelation 17:12-13 show the ten nation confederacy that will give their power and authority to the beast.

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISITjhn423....

I understand that you are looking for the exact scriptures that say "one world government"...

I do have a scripture for you that may explain...The end times are clothed in symbolism and I believe that a verse in Daniel explains this...Daniel did not fully understand his own visions and there is a reason why..

Daniel 12:8-9

"Although I heard, I did not understand." Then I said, "My lord, what shall be the end of these things?" And He said, "Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end."

Now...Our God could have said the words "one world government, U.S., Russia ect..."

He could have used the exact words but how else could it be sealed up yet revealed at the time of the end ? By using symbols it is revealed to some but hidden from others...

Remember the book of Isaiah ? Many prophecies of Jesus but the book never gave the exact name we would refer to Him as...The book of Isaiah prophecied about Jesus in great detail...But few really knew who He really was when He came...

ISITjhn423...Continue praying to God to reveal His truths to you and open your understanding...There are many things I do not understand yet but I will continue to pray for more understanding because the more I read and understand what He wills for me to understand the more my faith increases...

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bear=Persia (including Persia's former possessions)

The lion=Babylonia (including Babylon's former possessions)

The leopard=Macedonia-Greece (including Grecia's former possessions)

The former possessions possessed by all of them are now the Islamic countries of the Middle East.

Charles "the hammer" Martel defeated the Islamic Moors at Poitier, and that started the decline of the Islamic empire. This was the wound as unto death.

But in our time, this wound was suddenly healed and now Islam has come back to life and is starting its final phase of battling the forces of the Lord Jesus Christ.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

ISITjhn423
unregistered

quote:
Isit, I do not mean to sound jerky either, but if scripture descriping a global economic system coupled with a leader that scripture says that all the people of the earth (except Christians) will follow is not enough to prove to you that there will be a final world governmental system in the last days, then nothing will. You apparently will just have to see it to believe it. So be it.
Trafield, i totally beleive that their will be one who everyone in the world will worship except Christians, what i am having a hard time understanding and seeing is that this is refering to a one world governmental system. I am asking to see the scriptures saying that their will be a one world government. So far it's based on two scriptures, and the two scriptures seems to be lacking faith and confidence. I'm just asking for scriptures which makes you believe this, and if this is word of mouth where did this prophecy originate from? What are those peoples claims, did it come from God or not. Like i said i am testing some of your faiths and beleifs.

If you beleive something, you can say why you beleive in it. Like i said ask me why i beleive Jesus is the Christ and the Son of God and i can write about 5 pages right away concerning what he has done in my life, which is not made up stories and experiences but true stories and experiences that has happened in my life. So if people beleive in a one world government prophecy coming from God than they must be able to at least explain why they beleive in it. So why do you beleive in a one world government? Like i said i am making this post in hopes that i am wrong and by the spirit of God that dwells in you, the Holy Spirit can proove that i am wrong. Strike me dead tonight in my sleep if a one world government is where the antichrist comes out of and begins it's rule of the earth (I say this to God) This is how much faith i have in saying that their is not enough scriptures to support a one world government. Do you really beleive that a one world government is a God given prophecy that you will actually make the statement that i just made? I am going to die tonight if i am wrong. If you hear back from me tommorow than you better check your prophecies to make sure they are from God and not from some other.

Trafield
unregistered

Isit, I do not mean to sound jerky either, but if scripture descriping a global economic system coupled with a leader that scripture says that all the people of the earth (except Christians) will follow is not enough to prove to you that there will be a final world governmental system in the last days, then nothing will. You apparently will just have to see it to believe it. So be it.

Concerning China and Germany and the "leopard"...
The leopard could also be a tiger:
In many Asian cultures, tigers were a symbol of strength and royal power and were used as "executioners" in Asian courts.

ISITjhn423
unregistered

quote:
ISIT, your asking for something like “And God has said there will be one world Government” but understand, But you must understand, that God does not always speak in words but in powerful images. Why do you think Jesus spoke in Parables?

I agree that Jesus spoke in parables, but the parables he spoke of were derived from the psalms, proverbs and OT prophets. It boggles my mind to this day that alot of what Jesus said was spoken from the Old Testament.
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Everbody here is smarter in the Bible than me, but it seems if the anit-christ is going to be ruler of the world during the tribulation, that there will have to be one world government.
Betty, I wish people who claim to know scripture had a mind like yours, they would witness the obvious truths that many miss because they spend their days looking at the little details, and never once stop to see the whole beautiful picture.

quote:
I loved the star trek show and all the others but if you watch them you see that the theme of the show makes it look so wonderful to have a world government. I am not saying that the people behind the shows had an agenda
This is one of those Good Intentions, in the ideal world (Star Trek) it truly is a great idea of a one world government, a one people, which will end wars, famine, dictators, and the like. There will be one unified planet, towards one goal, all working towards the betterment of our life.

In the Truth, “Power Corrupts, and Absolute Power, corrupts Absolutely”. The reality of a World Government is very scary. Because it puts too much power in the hands of too few people.

Tyme.

--------------------

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

I just had a thought.

To a Bird, their winds represent Freedom. The Freedom to Fly and go anywhere. So the idea that this “Free Bird” with the “Mouth like a Lion” (Which explains why English people say Americans do not speak English, we butcher it) gets it feathers pulled out, thus it can not fly anymore, and is no longer free, so might this be the day of the age of censorship, to eliminate the peoples ability to speak freely, and take the “Form of Man” being the apes of Evolution?

Just something to Chew on.

ISIT, your asking for something like “And God has said there will be one world Government” but understand, But you must understand, that God does not always speak in words but in powerful images. Why do you think Jesus spoke in Parables?

Tyme.

--------------------

Rog
Advanced Member
Member # 1112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to me it will be four unified provinces that will control the world. A new world order, With the anitchrist controlling it all from the fourth kingdom with ten people. Stretching from the four winds of heaven. Four horsemen,The creation of this world order, war-falling away-famine-persecution,(Revelation 6, Matthew 24), four beasts (Daniel 7, Revelation 13:2), Four horns (Daniel 8:8).

Rog

--------------------
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Posts: 26 | From: St. Charles MO. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISITjhn423
unregistered

quote:
Well, these are the two key scriptures...Both tell us that the beasts are kingdoms and they will devour the whole earth...
I read Daniel today and it says the 4th beast devours the earth, it doesn't mention anything about the 1,2 or 3rd Beast devoring the earth just the 4th. Where did you see that the beasts devour the earth? i'm reading from KJV btw

quote:
I'm going to have to look and see if I can find some others...I know there are others but these are the only two that stand out...There's another in Daniel when he describes the king's dream and it talks of a statue of different metals...I'll have to check up on it more to make sure...
Yes please, check up on it and make sure.

quote:
It is something that I've heard...However, the symbols of these countries are true
I agree about the symbols but doesn't 1+1=2 - thats true in my heart, but is it divine interpretation

quote:
6)Revelation 13:14-18 show that the antichrist leader will deceive the people of the earth and will force all to receive a mark on their right hand or forehead in one global economic system.
Where does it say that their is a one global economic system?

quote:
This is probably referring to Great Britain and the United States which came out of Great Britain.
Can you back this up with out any "probabilities"

Not to be the pessimist and the jerk, but so far the evidence that is shown does not seem like God given revelation. Alot of the scriptures that is posted is very shady, which shows in your words. With words such as "seems" , "probably". The church has been prophesying of a one world government, i want to see solid straight up scripturual evidence that their is a one world government, and is a sign of the times.

WhiteSands what does the leopard and bear mean according to the beast.

I agree with that Great Britain has the symbol of the Lion, US is the Eagle, Russia the bear, but why can't you guys discern who is the leopard, one says china one says germany. Trafield why do you think it is china or germany? I am curious why Christians beleive in a one world government this is the purpose of this thread.

the end of the age was 2000 years ago - I can quote like 15 scriptures in the NT which speaks of Christ crucified is the sign of the end of Age, just like Jesus said their shall be no sign given but of the prophet Jonas. So please reprove me with scriptures, also did you know that Revelation was inspired by the OT prophets. Alot of what Revelation says is written in the OT Prophets.

Anyways i'm sure if this is God given prophecy that God will come through and show me my blindness. So please pray to God and ask God to give you the scriptures which speaks of a one world government to reprove me in my errors. Can any of you say that a one world government prophecy is of God, knowing that what you say is recorded in heaven and will be written in the books. Wether it was false witness or not. Can people put their lives on the fact that this is actual prophecy from God. I am testing your faith and beleif. Ask me why i beleive that Jesus is the Christ of the world and i can speak from my heart why he IS the messiah. So why is a one world government a sign of the times?

A question to all - did you hear this from God yourself or from word of mouth? Those who spoke of this prophecy what are their claims, where did this prophecy originate? I want to get to the roots of the one world government prophecy. As some one seriously seeking the will of God please reprove me if i am wrong. I beg of you if i am wrong please reprove me, i sense this is false prophecy, but i have not yet come to the point where i beleive it is false prophecy, but have my speculation that this is false prophecy, but what is written in the scriptures can change my beleif. So please show me all the scriptures which support a one world government, and please by the spirit of God that abides in you show me that i am wrong.

Trafield
unregistered

quote:
After the rapture there will be alot of people gone in goverenement and this could weaken the control that America has over the world. Or the influnece. Plus the world will be in such a panic that when the anit christ comes on the scene every country will give into him pretty easily.

A good thought, but scripture says the antichrist must be revealed before the rapture can occur.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-2
1Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,
2that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
3Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed...

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whitesands777

I don't know that this is true but I have heard that America would be more effected by the rapture than any other Country. Of course there are Christians all over the world but probably more Christians in America than any other Country.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
Hopefully Revelation 12:13-14 is talking about the U.S. protecting Israel.
Great point! [thumbsup2]
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What is missing? The eagle's wings (the United States). Does this mean the U.S. has been eliminated, made insignificant, or does this mean that we will not be part of the world governmental system. Based on scripture that shows the antichrist having power over ALL people, I would have to guess that missing eagle's wings do not bode well for the U.S
That's a scary thought...I sure hope not but it is very interesting that it is missing...Hopefully Revelation 12:13-14 is talking about the U.S. protecting Israel.
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

No, this isn't divine interpretation from me...It is something that I've heard...However, the symbols of these countries are true...I do believe that it may be divine understanding because when I heard it I knew it was true in my heart. My faith increased greatly when I learned these things. I remember as a kid reading the book of revelation and all the beasts and locusts and all the other stuff had me scared out of my wits because I took it all as being literal beasts...lol

Yes, it does say that the beast had a mouth LIKE that of a lion...What you have in Revelation is a man describing what he SAW ... And the beast he SAW HAD A mouth Like that of a lion ...He's describing what the beast looked like and it just so happens to be a combination of the beasts described in the book of Daniel. And he's describing the kingdoms(goverments) of the endtime...Just as Daniel was given visions and spoke of the kingdoms of the endtime.

Both John and Daniel saw visions of the kingdoms of the endtime....Both saw beasts symbolized as kingdoms... Daniel saw the fourth beast as a beast with 10 horns and exceedingly great...But he doesn't give much description of the 4rth beast except that it had 10 horns....In Revelation the 4rth beast is described in more detail...Notice that it ALSO has 10 horns AND it is the same as the other beasts described in Daniel, but....they are combined

quote:
So out of all the scriptures in the Bible your telling me that Christians base a one world government prophecy on two scriptures. Their is no other place in the Bible that talks about a one world government?

Well, these are the two key scriptures...Both tell us that the beasts are kingdoms and they will devour the whole earth...Sounds like world government to me...I'm going to have to look and see if I can find some others...I know there are others but these are the only two that stand out...There's another in Daniel when he describes the king's dream and it talks of a statue of different metals...I'll have to check up on it more to make sure...
Trafield
unregistered

Isit, the scriptures that show that there will be a final world governmental system are:

1)Zechariah 14:2-3 mentions the gathering of all the nations to fight agains Jerusalem.

2)Joel 3:1-16 reveals judgement on the nations for dividing up the land of Israel.

3)Daniel 2:40-45 shows a final kingdom on earth before the Kingdom of God comes..the Lord's Kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

4)Daniel 7:23-24 Dainel's dream is interpreted showing a final world kingdom in the last days.

5)Revelation 13:7-8 shows that the antichrist will be in charge of the entire world and all who are not truly believers in Jesus Christ will worship the beast.

7)Revelation 17:12-13 show the ten nation confederacy that will give their power and authority to the beast.

I wanted to specualate about the beast in Daniel 7:2-7...
Note the first was like a lion which had the wings of an eagle. This is probably referring to Great Britain and the United States which came out of Great Britain. Note that Daniel watches as the wings are torn off...as the United States seperates from Great Britain. The second beast is most likely Russia...the third beast, the leopard, could be Germany or China. The final beast with then horns is a blend of ten nations that will head the world government.
Also note this same beast is mentioned in Revelation 13:1-2...the leopard (Germany or China) is mentioned as is the bear (Russia) and lion (Great Britain). What is missing? The eagle's wings (the United States). Does this mean the U.S. has been eliminated, made insignificant, or does this mean that we will not be part of the world governmental system. Based on scripture that shows the antichrist having power over ALL people, I would have to guess that missing eagle's wings do not bode well for the U.S....I pray that my specualtion is wrong! Regardless, God is in control so COME LORD JESUS!

ISITjhn423
unregistered

quote:
Observe that the combine beasts of Daniel that now make up one beast has the mouth of the lion....
Nope that's incorrect, the scripture says mouth like the mouth of a Lion It's not saying it has a mouth of the lion, like you are saying, it is saying it has a mouth LIKE a lion. This is metaphorical phrase.

quote:
The bear just so happens to be the official symbol of Russia...The leopard is a German symbol....
Okay so what does the bear and leopard mean? You have a theory of the Lion and the Eagle.

I agree that we are heading towards a one world government, but where does it say this in the scriptures. Basing a prophecy on two scriptures, which isn't even fully translated is a little foolish. I can quote about 90 scriptures on the return of Christ, and over 30 which speaks of a new kingdom, why isn't their a flow of scriptures concerning a one world government? I'm making this post so that i can be reproved if i am wrong. So i want to see what scriptures you have seen that has spoken of a one world government being a bad things and a sign of the times.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everbody here is smarter in the Bible than me, but it seems if the anit-christ is going to be ruler of the world during the tribulation, that there will have to be one world government.
If you read the paper or watch the news you can see that is where we are headed.
I loved the star trek show and all the others but if you watch them you see that the theme of the show makes it look so wonderful to have a world government. I am not saying that the people behind the shows had an agenda, I am saying the devil for years has been working on making us prepare for a one world government

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISITjhn423
unregistered

quote:
Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority."

My first question to you is: Did God reveal this interpretation to you? How did you get or hear of this interpreation?

Okay i agree that you say that Beasts are Kingdoms. I can see that. So according to your interpretation that you received this beast as you say is like Germany but it stood as Russia, and this Kingdom spoke all English? According to how you interpret those two scriptures this is what that beast is (according to your method of interpreation)

So out of all the scriptures in the Bible your telling me that Christians base a one world government prophecy on two scriptures. Their is no other place in the Bible that talks about a one world government?

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

The book of Daniel tells us Daniel saw beasts beasts coming out of the ocean...

Daniel 7:2

"I saw in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the Great Sea. And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other. The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings. I watched till its wings were plucked off; and it was lifted up from the earth and made to stand on two feet like a man, and a man's heart was given to it. And suddenly another beast, a second, like a bear. It was raised up on one side, and had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And they said to it: 'Arise, devour much flesh!' After this I looked, and there was another, like a leopard, which had on its back four wings of a bird. The beast also had four heads, and dominion was given to it. After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet.It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns."

What was the last beast ? Well, the answer can be found in Daniel 7:23

""Thus he said:

'The fourth beast shall be a fourth kingdom on the earth, which shall be different from the other kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, trample it and break it into pieces.'

The beasts are kingdoms....The fourth beast will devour the whole earth...This means that the fourth beast will have control over the other three kingdoms and it will have control over the earth.

The beast is mentioned again in revelation...Except this time you will notice that the beasts are combined and make one beast that is made up of the beasts described here in Daniel.

Revelation 13:1-2

" Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority."

Now you can see that the beast is combined...

What are the beasts ? Are they here now ?

Well, there happens to be a country whos official symbol is that of a lion which is Britain...Observe that the combine beasts of Daniel that now make up one beast has the mouth of the lion....Doesn't the official language of Britain happen to be English...The mouth is what speaks...Interesting ?Notice the eagles wings that were plucked from the lion....The U.S. official symbol is the eagle and we did come out of Great Britain and were "plucked off" of Great Britain in 1776 with the signing of the declaration of independence. We did come out of Britain and what is our official langauge? English....Just so happens that English is the most common language in the world...The language of the world....The bear just so happens to be the official symbol of Russia...The leopard is a German symbol....Also in Revelation it speaks of the beast which told to us is a KINGDOM had a deadly wound...one of the beasts had a deadly wound and the wound was healed...Germany used to have a wall seperating east and west Germany...When the wall came down the leader of the U.S. at that time was Bush Sr. and he mentioned this event being the birth of the "new world order"...The same inscription can be found on your 1 dollar bill in latin "novus ordo seclorum".When that wall came down it allowed communistic/socialism type ideals to flood all of Europe because that wall seperated the communistic side of Germany with the capitalist side...

Now socialism dominates Europe....Europe has been Unitied as well...The Euro dollar is accepted for payment in every country throughout Europe...The borders are gone...You can drive anywhere now in Europe...All this has happened within that last 12 to 15 years right after the falling of the Berlin wall.

Ever heard of the UN or United Nations ? Hmmmm nations that are united...Sounds kinda like the union of the beasts of the visions of Daniel.

Why did we need to get the permission of the UN to go into afghanistan ? Why did troops from other nations join in the battle? Is it because there is a government that now is in control of the whole world ?

ISITjhn423
unregistered

By the sound of most christians, it seems alot beleive in a one world government. So i'm asking those who beleive in the one world government to show me some scriptures that support this, and what scriptures you all have read that has gotten you to see a coming one world government. Please don't post commentary and articles written by fellow brothers, i just want to see the scriptures that lead you all to beleive in a coming one world government.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement