Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » How does everyone Feel

Author Topic: How does everyone Feel
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, profanity in books and TV, AND gay marriages. If that doesn't tell you the end is near, I don't know what will. [Roll Eyes]

I personally enjoy a little profanity in my literature. I mean, we DO read the Bible after all... theres situations in the bible that Leave it to Beaver or the Waltons wouldn't even touch. And gay marriages? America's not going to go to hell in a hand basket over something as trite as that. I can't recall Jesus ever persecuting homosexuals... or anyone for that matter (Although someone will find a verse I missed. Who's got it?)

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have issues when someone tries to explain Revelations by the secular view. If God has locusts that can tortue and not kill, waiting to be released during the tribulation, I have no trouble beliving that He can do so.
Why the world is interested in the end of the world, maybe because God has put the knowledge that the age of the end of what we know, in every man's heart.

Of course we don't know if Jesus's return is today or 100 years. But, it is better to live as if Jesus is coming today than to be live like we have forever and then have to face God having accomplished nothing for God. Somehow, I don't the excuse that we were going to get with it and work for Him but we were putting it off to later, will get it.

We are told in the Bible to watch for His return. I pray every day for Jesus's soon return.
I don't see how anyone can not see that this world is in the end times. Gay Marriages more and more popular. If you say anything is a sin than you are considered self-righteous and close minded. I attempted to watch a movie on regular tv two days ago and turned it off when the woman said a very very crude remark. I have taken more books back to the library that are filled with profanity, unread. I am old enough to remember when you could watch a tv show with out profanity and read books without profanity. I pray for God soon return. I hope it is to day.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About what This person says

Why are we so fascinated by "end of the world" stories? Sure, Independence Day owes some of its success to a huge marketing campaign that began on Superbowl Sunday seven months before (telling viewers this would be their last Superbowl Sunday party); and to the spectacular special effects depicting the explosion of the Empire State Building, the White House, and other national monuments. But there is something deeper here, that goes to the heart of our psyche-the belief that one way or another we are doomed. Sci Fi authors and film producers are simply capitalizing on a theme that has been with us since biblical times.

Find out more HERE

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement