Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Some really good Stuff

Author Topic: Some really good Stuff
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to add that it would be a good Idea to invest in a good Katana as gunpowder will most likely become very scarce

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TexasGrandma: I can respect and admire your belief on this, however, please respect and understand that there are others who do not share your view of what is going to happen.

Regardless if your correct, or they are correct, preparation of other disasters, like floods, and such, is never a bad thing. There are more things that can go wrong in our world then God coming back.

But back to survival of the ‘End of Time’ or surviving what you wish was the end of times.

I do not know if anyone would find this handy, but I was looking at some supply sites, and other things, for people that want to invest in gear.

Here are some sites I found, what is your opinions on this.

My Feelings on this sites are they are Hardcore Survival:

Quake Kare

Survival Center

Survival Unlimited

This are what I call “City Boy” survival site, But I figured I would note it down anyway:

Safety Max

Survival Kits

Ray Tech

Marrich

I have no idea what to make of these sites:

Alpine Survival

Major Food Supplies

Link Site (Message Board)

So what do you all think of this stuff, or do you have a special supplier you recommend, or tips and such.

Do you think it is better to order though the Internet, or go to stores and such?

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tyme.

I believe that every Chritian will go up in the rapture. I belive that when the rapture takes place and the anit-christ comes on the scene that there will be some people that will realize the truth. They will refuse to take the mark and will die martyers for Christ. I do not believe that as Christians we should spend our time leaning how to survive after the rapture but rather stay true to God so that we will make the rapture. We also need to work for God and pray that He can use us to lead others before it is too late. I have found no where in the Bible where Jesus taught His disciples to learn to survive during the tribulation. I think it is more imporant to be ready for the rapture. There is something in Revlations about 144thousand jews that will be preachers during the tribulation, but they will be preaching to those who were left behind and not Christians.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Endoxos:
maglite [those things are THE most durable flashlight and well worth the price].

You might think about a Solar-Charged battery because you won't be able to buy replacement batteries either.

BTW, I agree that we should be prepared! I too would rather die a Maryter then of starvation.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I hold to a pre-trib rapture opinion... but something that grips me a little tighter than that is I live by a "better safe than sorry" lifestyle. After all, we aren't saved whether we believe in a pre-trib rapture or a post-wrath rapture... no matter what we may believe regarding a rapture, we could be wrong, and might have to sit through it after all.

Because of this my husband and I study survivalism alot, and try to be prepared for just about anything. And the thought of "where to get food" has occured to us quite a bit too... so we learned how to slaughter animals (deer, rabbit, and fish are plentiful here), and we can identify edible plants around our area (dandelions are recognizable by everyone, found nearly everywhere, and are edible, for starters). We've also bought things we couldn't live without (ie a machete for cutting down the heavy brush that's common out here and slaughtering animals, flint and steel, maglite [those things are THE most durable flashlight and well worth the price], a compass with an edge ruler and magnifying glass [which can double as a firestarter on sunny days]), and keep the most essential things in our car at all times. However, learning skills such as distilling water and making shelter are some of the most important things we've had to learn.

Hey, if I *must* sit through the tribulation, I'm gonna die by martyrdom, not from starvation.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Point Betty.

I have a Question However:

Is everyone going to get Rapture? (I am sure this is, and has been it's own topic on this forum)

I mean, there has to be some people left behind, the worry about the mark of the beast and all that other bad stuff, or so it seems.

I guess, it never hurts to be ready, if not for the end of the world, at least for some other problems that might arise. Like the power Going out (Having a Power plant get destroyed, and your without power for the next few weeks) or something.

Tyme.

--------------------

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. But, I believe the rapture will take place before the anti-christ takes control of the earth.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was trudging though some sites and found this place

I was reading and thought well, sure, sounds all good and everything but, why should I care. Then I read a really profound line from it.

”Where will you buy food when you refuse the Mark of the Beast?”

And I figured, if things are as some people claim., that the end of times is coming, a little preparation ahead of time won’t hurt anyone, and if it does not happen, your ready in case something else happens.

Nothing bad ever came out of being prepared.

So.

If you want to learn more. Click Here You can check out this site, I found it rather fun to read, and have thought of was to even apply what they have said, to camping, and other means of “Survival Fun”

Regardless if you think the end is coming by God or maybe want to prepare for some other form of disaster like floods, Hurricanes, etc. This is a great site.

Tyme.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement