Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Iraq, America's Righteous Cause

Author Topic: Iraq, America's Righteous Cause
H2G2
Advanced Member
Member # 2443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for H2G2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder when the US will be ovetrhowing the house of Saud who have been quite happy to allow mutilations for so long.
Posts: 40 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, I guess, if you can offer some form of Evidence of the actions of our military troops in Iraq as relating to the ‘End of Times” I’ll give into it.

still waiting.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tyme:

If your going to title it, title it right, it’s “Pro-Choice”

But then again, You support the idea of Bush Declaring war, which invokes the deaths of hundreds of pregnant mothers, suckling babies and young children, as well as the deaths of innocent adults.

And yet you say killing unborn children is wrong, how can you do that?

How is it, in your mind, OK? That another country comes over to your land, Kills your woman, Children, and Babies, and it’s Ok?

Man, I wonder why your NOT Pro-Abortion.

I mean, I’m Pro-Choice, but the way your supporting the wanton Killing in Iraq, I am amazed your not Pro-Abortion.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You advocate strongly for legal abortion thus you are by definition pro-abortion.

Main Entry: pro•abor•tion
Pronunciation: "prO-&-'bor-sh&n
Function: adjective
: favoring the legalization of abortion
- pro-abor•tion•ist /-sh(&-)nist/ noun

The innocent Iraqi men, women, and children, are being exhumed from the mass graves, their stories having great difficulty being told through the liberal rhetoric flooding the media. The rabid Islamic dog-packs flooding in from Iran, Syria, Jordan, etc., attacking and seeking to undermine the stabilization process, are the many-headed enemy, which remains and is attacking our troops. Interesting to note that the WMDs are begging to surface, as a chemical artillery shell was just used.

The enemy is worldwide, including here in the US, and we will see another 9/11. The cause is just, for the wolves must be driven out of the sheep-fold, the money-changers out of the temple.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2003-01-13-al-suwaij_x.htm

Posted 1/13/2003 7:09 PM

Iraqi people yearn to taste freedom again
By Zainab Al-Suwaij

As an American who was born and raised in Iraq, I am often asked, "Are you for the war on Iraq?"
My answer: I am for ending the war in Iraq — and that won't happen until Saddam Hussein goes.

I know the horrors of war all too well. In 1980, Saddam Hussein invaded Iran, beginning eight years of bombing raids on my hometown of Basra. In 1990, I left for Kuwait, only to witness Iraq's invasion in August. In 1991, I returned home and experienced both the allied bombing assault and the painfully short popular uprising against Saddam.

But I also know that freedom is possible. For one week in March 1991, I saw what it was like to live outside of Saddam's control. As Saddam withdrew from Kuwait, the first President Bush encouraged Iraqis to rise up. We did and, within a few days, liberated most of Iraq's 18 provinces. The secret police state collapsed, and we began to talk openly with our own families and our neighbors. Iraqis celebrated in the streets, freed Saddam's prisoners and volunteered in hospitals. But American help never came, Saddam regrouped, and his state of terror came crashing back down on us.

If the Iraqi people are to have any hope of again experiencing that exhilarating feeling of freedom, the United States needs to make certain that Saddam can no longer terrorize his own people. If America again fails to remove Saddam Hussein from power, the long-term suffering of my people will only continue.

Saddam's war in Iraq has raged for more than 30 years. In 1968, his Baath Party seized power, and Saddam began his climb to become Iraq's dictator. To dominate the country, he has unleashed every known weapon in Iraq's arsenal against his own people — from tanks to torture chambers to poison gas. The war in Iraq has claimed more than 1million lives and made 4 million refugees.
Saddam employs thousands of secret police and informers throughout the country to turn Iraqis against each other, even within families. On TV, we watched Saddam reward fathers with large cash prizes for turning in sons who had deserted the army.

Even children are not spared. When I attended fourth grade in 1981, my teacher called me to the front of the class and asked: "Do your parents say anything bad about the government?" The whole class was staring at me. Stunned and scared, I answered, "No." But when one of my classmates said in passing that Iran was not so bad, she disappeared the next day, along with her family.

To pass the final exam for ninth grade, Iraqi students must read a speech by the seventh-century governor of Iraq, Al-Hadjadj, who killed 120,000 and jailed tens of thousands. We spent hours memorizing his words: "I see heads that are ripe, and I am the one to pluck them. ... O people of Iraq, people of discord and deceit ... I will tie you up like a bundle of twigs. I will beat you like stray camels."

The message was clear to all of us: The role of Iraq's leader is to terrorize his people.
For Kurds, an ethnic minority in northern Iraq, this terror has been genocidal. On a recent flight from Cairo to Damascus, I sat next to Shahram Saied, a Kurd who was jailed for four years in a prison outside Baghdad. He was tortured every day and described the shrieks of prisoners held in solitary confinement. After his release, Shahram fled north, only to discover that his family and village had been destroyed. In 1988, Saddam waged a brutal campaign against the Kurds, killing thousands with poison gas; tens of thousands of other civilians disappeared throughout the 1980s.

"Saddam is just playing games with the weapons inspectors," Shahram told me. "People in the West are complaining about the effects of the sanctions. But we don't need food; we need freedom."

When I arrived in Damascus, I met for the first time my great uncle, who was jailed for years by the Iraqi police before being released due to old age. The prison guards hung him by his toes for hours on end. As we sat and talked in his living room, he pulled up his robe to reveal his toes, all deformed and twisted on top of each other.

For three decades, the bodies and minds of Iraqis have been tortured and twisted like my great uncle's toes. To end the war against the Iraqi people, Saddam must go. I say this as someone who has suffered through more than a decade of war — but also as someone who saw Iraq free from Saddam's rule for one week.

The world has largely forgotten our 1991 uprising, but this event from the past offers a vision of the future. Liberated from the weight of Saddam's terror state, Iraqis will regain their humanity, start to speak openly and instinctively organize a civil society.
Zainab Al-Suwaij is the executive director of the American Islamic Congress, an organization dedicated to building tolerance and civil rights in America and the Muslim world.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Saddam lost the battle for Iraq, but we could lose the war, in great part do to the liberal rhetoric, attacking our President and our troops. Your use of the “baby-killer” analogy is so reflective of the liberal weasels which spit upon our troops returning home from Vietnam. Soldiers of valor having been through the most horrendous of conditions, having to hide their uniforms, and don wigs, to walk down the streets of the country they were dieing for. We vowed never again, but I see your perspective inundating the national news, drowning out the truth and indoctrinating in the appeasement of evil.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In your postings Tyme I see the flavor of one who comes on a Christian BB, such as from the atheist forums. In your profile, in reference to Christ, your answer was "let my words speak for themselves". You could not declare for Christ?
Ho Hum, gee another one attacking that statement. How truly Novel, and unique, sadly it is neither, as that little tid-bit in my profile has already been addressed.

Read your Bible, you will find the answer as to why I have said, what I have said.

quote:
This is an example of your doublemindedness Tyme, for you stipulate that my topic does not belong in the end times forum,
Well, I guess, if you can offer some form of Evidence of the actions of our military troops in Iraq as relating to the ‘End of Times” I’ll give into it.

quote:
Your most impassioned posts are pro-abortion
If your going to title it, title it right, it’s “Pro-Choice”

But then again, You support the idea of Bush Declaring war, which invokes the deaths of hundreds of pregnant mothers, suckling babies and young children, as well as the deaths of innocent adults.

And yet you say killing unborn children is wrong, how can you do that?

How is it, in your mind, OK? That another country comes over to your land, Kills your woman, Children, and Babies, and it’s Ok?

Man, I wonder why your NOT Pro-Abortion.

I mean, I’m Pro-Choice, but the way your supporting the wanton Killing in Iraq, I am amazed your not Pro-Abortion.

quote:
, civil liberties,
I am sure your not anti-Civil liberties, as I would like to believe, you enjoy your freedom of religion as much as the next person.

quote:
anti-Bush, anti-Iraq war,
First off, I have every right to Call a sinner, a Sinner. And Bush is a Sinner, and worse then that, he has Killed, over 500 of my fellow country men, in some worthless spat fight with a hapless dictator, who at worst has only hurt his own people.

Has begat the death of countless Civilians (Both ours and Theirs) and has sent in people, non-combat people I might add, to die, for a cause, he can not specify, and they have no idea what it is.

When I go to Pfc. Michael M. Carey, grave, what shall I tell his Mother, as to why her son is dead?

Shall I just read off the line “He died in service to his country” or can I give her real reason as to why her son was over there, facing death, and in the end, loosing that fight.

Can you give her that reason? Can you tell her “Why her Son had to “Die for his Country: today?

Will you say, Plastic hands, and toys of children?

Will you say “Well the WMD were a lie, but Bush is still a great leader” and it not sound hollow in your throat.

May I ask, do you know the 9th Commandment, And the 6Th One?

The Sixth is: Do not Murder

First Rule of Leadership, “Everything is your Responsibility” Bush gave the order, that means, Every Life, Ours, threes, Fighter, or Civilian, is on his hands. And is his fault.

The Ninth is: Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

What exactly did Bush do, oh right, the claim, of WMD, and Chemical Plants, Mobile Bio Labs, and the like. What was that, False testimony, which I might add, he has not so much as even said “I might have made a mistake”

Truly and Unrepentant sinner.

quote:
which closely follows the ideology of those on the II forum
No idea what II forms is. So I can’t help you with this.

quote:
What think ye of Christ Tyme???
Oh tell me, Drew.

How goes your walk with the Father, and the Son, and Holy Spirit.

Have you become so unset that you now need to know my relationship with our shared Lord.

Last I looked, I was not the one, praising my leader for Killing people that where not my enemy.

I was not the one that wanted to force my opinions on others, to do as I have commanded, or felt was right. All I did on the abortion Debate, was try to maintain the belief of the Constitution.

Now to answer your question:

I know Christ is on my Side.

Ask yourself this, as you go to sleep tonight.

“Is what I believe what Jesus would believe”

I ask myself this question every night.

Somtimes I admit it's a "No" But chaning one's fiber, one's being, is not a fast happening, and the things that I feel Jesus would not agree with me on, I do not permote, and I keep quiet about. If I can not speak in favor of my Lord, I shall not speak.

Tyme.

--------------------

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess that is unless it's our solders killing 'Their' babies.

War is Hell huh?

Tyme.

--------------------

Or our soldiers flying the Iraqi baby and the mother to the US hospital for needed surgery.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/May2004/n05192004_200405196.html

Iraqi Baby Heads to United States for Surgery
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, May 19, 2004 -- An 8-month-old Iraqi girl has a new lease on life, thanks to U.S. officials on both sides of the Atlantic who cut through mounds of red tape to set up surgery for a life-threatening birth defect.

Fatemah Hassan and her 21-year-old mother, Baday Amir Abdel-Jabar, boarded a military aircraft May 18 en route to Germany. After a brief layover, they'll continue on to Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, for the surgery.

Without surgery, officials feared the baby girl would die from a cavernous hemangioma, an abnormal growth of a blood vessel on the right side of her face and neck.

Fatemah's mother and the baby's father, Khaleel, sought help from U.S. soldiers deployed near their hometown of Mandali, not far from the Iranian border.

Lt. Col. Todd Fredricks, a West Virginia Army National Guard member with the 1st Battalion, 150th Armor, contacted people he knows with Ohio State University at Children's Hospital in Columbus. After seeing Fatemah at the Rough Rider clinic, Fredricks worked with the Iraqi Ministry of Defense in Baghdad and the Coalition Provisional Authority to seek medical attention back in the United States for the baby. West Virginia Sen. Jay Rockefeller's office also provided assistance.

Dr. Gayle Gordillo, a pediatric plastic and reconstructive surgeon at the hospital, persuaded the medical facility's board of directors to waive all costs for Fatemah's surgery. Gordillo is slated to remove the birth defect and perform the reconstructive surgery.

What think ye of Christ Tyme?????

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/5/21/100312.shtml

Media Sitting on Saddam's Torture Videos
The U.S. backed Arab-language news network Al Hurra broadcast video on Wednesday depicting grisly acts of torture on Iraqi citizens ordered by Saddam Hussein. But so far at least, the shocking new video remains embargoed by U.S. media outlets.

The Washington Post admitted on Friday that it was in possession of some of the gruesome torture images - but did not publish them in a report on the video buried on Page A21. Instead, Post editors decided to front-page stale images of U.S. abuse of suspected terrorists held at Baghdad's Abu Ghraib prison.

"The [Hussein torture] video reached news outlets," the paper explained, "as senior spokesmen for the Bush administration began to express frustration that the treatment of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. troops had overshadowed well-documented human rights horrors of the Hussein era."

In video yet to be broadcast by any U.S. outlet, Hussein torture victims are shown being flogged and having fingers chopped off. One detainee is filmed as he is thrown from a roof, another beheaded by a sword-weilding member of Saddam's elite Fedayeen unit.

According to the Post, video of the beheading shows a man placing the severed head on the victim's prone body. Another scene shows a man's tongue being cut out.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

What is with the political banter here?

I thought this was a End of Times Topic, not an Election Topic.

If you want to post Propaganda supporting your Political parties, do so on a Topic designed for said antics please.

Tyme

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is an example of your doublemindedness Tyme, for you stipulate that my topic does not belong in the end times forum, in my own thread, and declare a story of American aid to Saddam's victims to be political propaganda, and in THE VERY SAME end-times forum you resoundingly amen an anti-american post on the war in Iraq by Silverleaf.

I merely pointed out hypocrisy within the context of your own words.

Tyme:

It shows me clearly how far the “professed followers of Christ have fallen”.

In your postings Tyme I see the flavor of one who comes on a Christian BB, such as from the atheist forums. In your profile, in reference to Christ, your answer was "let my words speak for themselves". You could not declare for Christ?

Your most impassioned posts are pro-abortion, civil liberties, anti-Bush, anti-Iraq war, which closely follows the ideology of those on the II forum.

What think ye of Christ Tyme???

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Drew.

Now, Your above Cross, Post, reply, although, all together disrespectful, it was also taken out of context, as the premise of the article was about the war itself, but you seem to miss that part. I guess, if you can miss the idea behind an article, how can one trust your understanding of something as complicated as the bible.

Now, another few points:

I know this might be hard for you, given you cultic devotion to the republican party, but, Bill, or William Clinton is not running for Office.

I need to tell you these things, because it is something you do not seem to know, or do not seem to accept.

Now, I have one final question for you.

Has anything you posted, given even a single hint to support the decision to slaughter Iraq?

The actions of Military Men, is part of the end of times? I do not see the relationship, nor the necessity of this post at all.

Regardless of how heroic or cowardly, the armies fight, does not support or condemn a war in any way.

Oh yah, and side note, it really pisses me off when people take my posts of our context, and cross post and past with our asking me. It’s an issue of respect.

But then again, you never did seem to have any respect for anyone that did not follow your narrow-minded world view, and even respond with hate and hostility.

Well, I can see what ever religion you are, it is a blood stained as the “Christian” religions of the past that butchered people for not bowing down to their thinking.

Maybe, this is a good end of times article after all.

It shows me clearly how far the “professed followers of Christ have fallen”.

Well do please carry on how great the war effort is, how wonderful it is to Kill the infidels, or “Rabid Dogs” as you called them. As for the civilian causalities, I guess they are all part of the game right?

I mean, I would love to hear how Great Bush is, for waging war, against a country that could not even fight back, and how wonderful our dictator is, Oo did I say Dictator? Why yes I did! And how Great is it to have an Unrepentant sinner, Umm I mean, “real Christen” in Office.

Please Carry On Drew,

I love to hear it all.

Please, tell me how great our army is, as if our military might, dictates if our actions are just or corrupt.

Please tell me more about how great it is, to kill people, who had, nothing more then the weapons we sold them, funny how that sounds so noble, now, we shall rid the world of a menace we created in the first place.

I can not wait to hear more from you on this.

Tyme.

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Tyme

If you want to post Propaganda supporting your Political parties, do so on a Topic designed for said antics please.

Tyme

--------------------

James 4:
8: Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001603

Silverleaf1963
Member # 3344

posted May 15, 2004 12:19 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
War, the God That Failed

by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Thinking back to the scandals of the Clinton years, when all of America was supposedly shocked and horrified at the thought of the president and the intern, the 1990s seem to be the Age of Innocence.

The Oval Office was relatively unstained as compared with the torture-sex scenes from a Bush administration-run prison in Iraq, documented in pictures and movies being viewed in an imperial temple by US elected officials in the imperial capital.

Tyme

Advanced Member
Member # 3017

posted May 16, 2004 10:10 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMEN !

AMEN brother !

Preach IT !

AMEN !

Tyme.

http://www.lonsberry.com/writings.cfm?story=1400&go=4

The odd fact about the American media in this war is that it’s not covering the American military. The most plugged-in nation in the world is receiving virtually no true information about what its warriors are doing.

Oh, sure, there’s a body count. We know how many Americans have fallen. And we see those same casket pictures day in and day out. And we’re almost on a first-name basis with the pukes who abused the Iraqi prisoners. And we know all about improvised explosive devices and how we lost Fallujah and what Arab public-opinion polls say about us and how the world hates us.

We get a non-stop feed of gloom and doom.

But we don’t hear about the heroes.

The incredibly brave GIs who honorably do their duty. The ones our grandparents would have carried on their shoulders down Fifth Avenue.

The ones we completely ignore.

Like Brian Chontosh.

It was a year ago on the march into Baghdad. Brian Chontosh was a platoon leader rolling up Highway 1 in a humvee.

When all hell broke loose.

Ambush city.

The young Marines were being cut to ribbons. Mortars, machine guns, rocket propelled grenades. And the kid out of Churchville was in charge. It was do or die and it was up to him.

So he moved to the side of his column, looking for a way to lead his men to safety. As he tried to poke a hole through the Iraqi line his humvee came under direct enemy machine gun fire.

It was fish in a barrel and the Marines were the fish. And Brian Chontosh gave the order to attack. He told his driver to floor the humvee directly at the machine gun emplacement that was firing at them. And he had the guy on top with the .50 cal unload on them.

Within moments there were Iraqis slumped across the machine gun and Chontosh was still advancing, ordering his driver now to take the humvee directly into the Iraqi trench that was attacking his Marines. Over into the battlement the humvee went and out the door Brian Chontosh bailed, carrying an M16 and a Beretta and 228 years of Marine Corps pride.

And he ran down the trench.
With its mortars and riflemen, machineguns and grenadiers.

And he killed them all.

He fought with the M16 until it was out of ammo. Then he fought with the Beretta until it was out of ammo. Then he picked up a dead man’s AK47 and fought with that until it was out of ammo. Then he picked up another dead man’s AK47 and fought with that until it was out of ammo.

At one point he even fired a discarded Iraqi RPG into an enemy cluster, sending attackers flying with its grenade explosion.

When he was done Brian Chontosh had cleared 200 yards of entrenched Iraqis from his platoon’s flank. He had killed more than 20 and wounded at least as many more. But that’s probably not how he would tell it. He would probably merely say that his Marines were in trouble, and he got them out of trouble. Hoo-ah, and drive on.

“By his outstanding display of decisive leadership, unlimited courage in the face of heavy enemy fire, and utmost devotion to duty, 1st Lt. Chontosh reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service.”

That’s what the citation says.
And that’s what nobody will hear.

That’s what doesn’t seem to be making the evening news. Accounts of American valor are dismissed by the press as propaganda, yet accounts of American difficulties are heralded as objectivity. It makes you wonder if the role of the media is to inform, or to depress – to report or to deride. To tell the truth, or to feed us lies.

But I guess it doesn’t matter.

We’re going to turn out all right.
As long as men like Brian Chontosh wear our uniform.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Tyme

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/World/Baghdad_merchants_040515-1.html

Americans Aid Baghdad Merchants Who Had Hands Severed by Hussein Regime

Al Fadhly and six other Baghdad merchants will walk out of a Houston prosthetics clinic with fully functioning hands for the first time since the mid-1990s, when Saddam Hussein's government hacked off their natural hands.

In 1995, Saddam's secret police pulled Al Fadhly and other Baghdad merchants from their beds in the middle of the night and accused them of dealing in foreign currency.

Their trials lasted five minutes, and all were convicted. The sentence was that their right hands were to be cut off, crosses would be carved in their foreheads and they would serve a year in Abu Ghraib prison.

Their story was well known in Baghdad, but not widely know outside of Iraq until the fall of Saddam a year ago.

There is no doubt in Al Fadhly's mind about the rightness of the decision to invade Iraq. He is surprised at criticism of the war — and changed mosques in Houston when one mosque leader lectured him about the American presence in Iraq.

"The coalition doesn't need to find weapons of mass destruction of justify the war," he said.

Holding up the stump of his right hand he continued, "Doesn't the world community consider this an act of brutality? May this never happen to another human being again."

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement