Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Mom charged with stoning own sons

Author Topic: Mom charged with stoning own sons
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, back to the topic, she was acquitted by reason of insanity.

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible teaches that God is not the author of confusion and that God is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. Therefore I know that God does not contradict himself.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Even when Satan himself used the words of God to tempt Jesus, Jesus knew who spoke to him. Why? Because what Santan did with those words would have contradicted the will of God according to what is written.

But isn't God's word just that? If God, or what you believe is "God" talks to you, would you question him even if it contradicts what is said in the bible? God is the being we're supposed to listen to after all. Unfortunately we don't know God's plan and i'm sure he'll contradict himself if it is his will.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If god talks to you, how do you know it's him or satan? there's no way of telling besides blind faith, and i really mean it when i say "blind faith" here.
Did Jesus know who was speaking even when the words came from the mouth of Peter?

We have the scripture...

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The word prove here is to discern. We can discern what is the will of God through studying his written word and thus we will know who speaks to us as it will always line up with the perfect will of God as discerned through the renewing of our mind with scripture.

Even when Satan himself used the words of God to tempt Jesus, Jesus knew who spoke to him. Why? Because what Santan did with those words would have contradicted the will of God according to what is written.

Even Abraham as he led Issac up the mountain knew that God would provide the lamb and he told Issac so. How did he know? He knew that Issac was the child of promise and this was according to God's will that Issac's seed would be multiplied.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Yes faith is the evidence of things not seen; but our faith is not a blind faith. We do not wander about wondering whether the voice we hear is his or that of the enemy. Not if we are in relationship with him. We have the Holy Spirit and we have the scripture.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bro. Greg
Advanced Member
Member # 2943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bro. Greg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waterdog,
I was taught while in the Army, "To know your enemys weakness's and his strengths". For in this knowlegde we can defeat our enemies. I have come to a understand the wisdom of that in a much deeper way in my old age! [Smile] In the matter of knowing who is speaking to us we must apply the same wisdom! If we want to know who is speaking to us, whether it is the Almighty or Satan we must know the will of the ALMIGHTY and the will of Satan. We find both will's in the scriptures, the WORD of God. We must "Recon" the scriptures just as we "Recon'ed" the enemy and our own weapons in the Army. What I am saying is this, How can I go to battle with the enemy by knowing his weakness's and strengths without knowing what kind of weapons I had to fight him with. I must take enventory of my own weakness's and strengths as well. That was dealing with battle on a battlefield and taking a look at my weapons of battle. I looked in my armoury for that answer and in his for the answer as well. With the Almighty, the armoury is HIS WORD. I must search His Word for the understanding as to who is speaking to me. If I never looked or searched His Word how would I ever know who was speaking to me? So I find that there is a way to know who is speaking to me and it is in HIS WORD. Hope that makes sense or helps!

--------------------
Isaiah 5:20(KJV) 20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Bro. Greg
In and By His Grace
http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/pass_it_on

Posts: 527 | From: Montana, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought of that, too, while I was typing my post...how would she know whether it was God or satan? I don't know. That's why I included the part about I don't believe my God would ask me to do such a thing. It's a very interesting thing to think about.

--------------------
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right brother, that's what's been on my mind. If God is going to talk to you and order you to do something, what's going to stop you from believing you're insane?

If god talks to you, how do you know it's him or satan? there's no way of telling besides blind faith, and i really mean it when i say "blind faith" here. And this woman is paying for her blind faith. Unfortunately there's no "God or Satan" test out there for those of us who hear God speaking to them.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bro. Greg
Advanced Member
Member # 2943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bro. Greg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in no way defending this woman's actions with this post. I would like to pose some food for thought on the matter though.

In todays society we often get caught up in applying justice to those whom we think guilty of this or that crime. Some saying someone is insane, some saying they are not insane for some action they take. In this case murdering her children. Seems that in todays society when children are involved in such cases people automatically go into a death sentance mode. In most cases the person committing the deed goes into the "insanity" plea or mode. Then everyone is trying to determine if the person is truely insane or not. Some say, It is obvious the person is insane when he/she slaughters little children. Some say, he/she is not insane because they call 911.

I am not saying I think "God" told her to kill her children, I personally do not believe God did. It is just strange how people view a persons actions and are quick to pronounce judgement on them. Especially when it comes to taking the life of children. We came back from Nam and people called us "Baby Killers". Some said it was insanity, some said it was just following orders and others said it was other things. I wonder if it were possible to bring Joshua and some other Old Testiment leaders through time into today's society and put them on trial what the outcome would be for them. I use Joshua because he is who comes to mind in this post. God DID actually tell him to slaughter every breathing thing in the cities they took. But would "he" be viewed as insane in todays courts or just a diabolocal murderer and sent to the electric chair? Below is a portion of the story of the things God told Joshua to do pertaining to the inhabitants of the Land of Canaan. If you have never read Joshua I urge you to read it. It is very interesting! Again I ask, would todays courts send him to the chair or the insane asylum?

quote:
17And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent. 18And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the accursed thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it. 19But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are consecrated unto the LORD: they shall come into the treasury of the LORD. 20So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city. 21And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and donkey, with the edge of the sword.
They slaughtered every living thing in the cities. From the oldest person there, to the 1 day old infant including the animals. If a man done that in today's society of "Don't take matters into your own hands, take them to court!" and said "God" told him to do it, would he be insane or mass murderer?

Just food for thought!

--------------------
Isaiah 5:20(KJV) 20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Bro. Greg
In and By His Grace
http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/pass_it_on

Posts: 527 | From: Montana, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

I believe that if you truly think that God wants you to kill your children and your name isn't Abraham and your child isn't named Isaac and your wife isn't named Sarah and you're not living several hundred years before Jesus was born, that yes, you're insane. I can't imagine my God asking me to do such a thing, and if He did, I can't imagine Him allowing me to go through with it and actually kill them. Yes, I think she was insane, at least at the time she was killing them. I think it's also possible that she became lucid after the killings and called 911 knowing that what she did was wrong. But I don't know her, haven't heard all the testimony, haven't seen all the evidence, and am not on her jury.

--------------------
 -  -

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

"You don't think she was insane watchdog?" should have read "You think she was insane watchdog?"

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

You don't think she was insane waterdog? Her first action after she killed her kids was call 911, alerting the authorities. In the legal sense, insanity means not being able to distinguish the difference between "right" and "wrong" In my opinion the fact that she called the police shows that she realized her actions were wrong.

That's not to say that while she was committing the crimes she believed she was doing the right thing... after all she believed it was God that was telling her to kill her kids.

Seriously, if god told you to kill your children, would you do it?

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Oh God, Help us. This doesnt make me mad at her, this makes me mad at Satan!!! Damn him for what he does to people's minds!!!!! I dont begrudge the state the right to take this woman's earthly life for this trageic crime, but May God Almighty have Mercy on her soul, because clearly this is the work of Satan.
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

It's lethal injection here. But I'm pretty sure she's insane, so I understand why they're not going for death. Which is also pretty funny, since I'm usually for it. [pound]

--------------------
 -  -

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

I guess I just have a renewed interest in it now that she's actually going to court. I'm upset the prosecution isn't even seeking the death sentence for her, she deserves the gas chamber, electric chair or whatever they prefer down in Texas.

I can't believe i said that... i'm usually against the death penalty.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

That happened nearly 11 months ago, but thanks for the update.

--------------------
 -  -

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

"Deanna Laney, 39, has been charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of sons Joshua, 8, and Luke, 6, and a single count of injury to a child, Aaron, her 15-month-old who survived the attack. The prosecution's first witness in the Tyler, Texas, trial was the 911 operator who identified the tape of Laney's dispassionate call saying that she had killed her boys with a rock... [defense attorney F.R. 'Buck' Files] said Laney believed that God had told her the world was going to end and 'she had to get her house in order,' which included killing her children."

[Source.]

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement