Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Nostradamus

Author Topic: Nostradamus
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nostradamus knew the Bible very well, but I have no idea if he was a Christian. In the past, I studied him often. I also read where he received his "visions" by gazing into a crystal ball...certainly occultish.
That being said, even false prophets can receive accurate visions from demonic forces in my opinion, so if you study his quatrains, just keep in mind the the possible source of these "visions."
I think it interesting that he has a quatrain concerning the rapture, but this could be based on his knowledge of the Bible. He also predicted the rise of a "beast most dread" when "Mabus shortly dies." For quite a while now I have thought that if this is an accurate "vision" then 'Mabus' could be Mahamoud Abbas. It is because of this "vision" of Nostradamus that I have watched Mahamoud Abbas for so long. Still, I consider his predicitons only in the sense that they could be false.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leeprice
Advanced Member
Member # 1377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leeprice         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I definitely have doubts about Nostradamus. I think what worries me is that I've heard of his involvement with the occult. Now that doesn't sound like a great place to get your "prophecies' from, does it? But it is strange that some of his predictions have come true.....
[eek]
But being partially accurate doesn't compare to being fully accurate. And the Bible is ALWAYS fully accurate! [thumbsup]

--------------------
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Matthew 7

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apollo
Community Member
Member # 1408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apollo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nostradamus's predictions,

After watching a fairly convincing documentary on the Predictions of Nostradamus, I was fairly impressed. Then I decided to read his actual work, having read several of his ‘fragmented thoughts’ you quickly realize similar to what you also found that what his writing is so general that you could fit most of that stuff into any situation you wanted. I would compare to that of Astrology-If you take Astrology for example and read someone else Horoscope to yourself-you’ll find that it also match your personality. It’s all very general-which still convinces many.

Now let’s talk about the God of the Bible, almost all the Biblical prophecy are very clear, and concise and not only that have had thus so far a 100% accuracy rate. If you look at any Biblical predicts event from Jesus to the city of Tyre, the amount of accurate and detailed predictions are mind blowing. It shows anyone that the God of the Bible is in complete control of this world, even when we feel it’s out of control. Glory unto the Lord our God.
God is only one who can see the future, even Satan is incapable of that-Satan knows our past therefore he can assume a lot about our future. Similarly to you knowing someone very well, and somewhat guessing at what they’re reaction would be. But God is the only one who controls what is relieved to us. Deut 29:29” The secret things belong to the LORD our God…”
God of the Bible also put this claim out in Isaiah 41:21 “Present your case,” the Lord says. “Bring forward your strong arguments” The King of Jacob says. Let them bring forth and declare to us what is going to take place; As for the former events, declares what they were. That we may consider them and know there out come. Or announce to us what is coming; <<which means predict the future>> Declare the things that are going to come afterward, That we may know that you are gods…”
Leepricee awesome question to put forth, be strong in all that you take in to your mind, also remember what Christ said in Matthew 24… “That even the elected will be deceived if that were possible…” In your post you indicated that you already had doubts about Nostradamus legitimacy

Blessings,
Apollo

Posts: 10 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leeprice
Advanced Member
Member # 1377

Icon 17 posted      Profile for leeprice         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to know if anyone considers Nostradamus's predictions to be accurate or worth listening to? I have read some of the quatrains, and some sound more vague than others. But there are some that seem remarkably insightful. Any thoughts?

--------------------
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Matthew 7

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement