Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Powder Found at Tacoma Mail Facility

Author Topic: Powder Found at Tacoma Mail Facility
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...us/white_powder
8 minutes ago Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

TACOMA, Wash. - A Tacoma mail distribution facility was evacuated early Tuesday after some white powder was found at the building. A preliminary test indicated the powder might be a biotoxin, a fire department spokeswoman said.

Fire Capt. Jolene Davis said the material was found about 12:45 a.m. PDT on a table where mail is processed. Four people who were close to it were decontaminated as a precaution, she said, but no injuries were reported and no one showed any signs of being ill.

Officials did not identify what the powder might be, but Postal Inspector Jeff Scobba said it was not anthrax. He and Davis cautioned that the preliminary test might give a false result.

An Army National Guard unit from nearby Fort Lewis, which has better equipment for determining biohazards, was called in to help investigate, Davis said.

She said 94 people were evacuated from the building.

Scobba said the source of the powder was not known, but that all letters in the area had been bagged.

He said no threats had been received. {{End of article}}

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That doesn't sound too good. If it's not anthrax, what could it be?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stress that's "not antrax" - as a result of preliminary tests though.

>> Also one guy was interviewed by phone a little while ago and he mentioned Ricin. I don't know why, but I always assumed that Ricin was liquid. Guess I was wrong. Anyway, who knows, it could end up being false positive, residue, a hoax or it could end up being anthrax after all

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement