Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » God's Heart

Author Topic: God's Heart
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe those are prophetic words brother Art. I believe that our Lord is coming back soon; but not so soon that it will not be very clear who belongs to him and who doesnt.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very touching situation Linda. We do have it very easy compared to what other believers must suffer.
However, things may change and one day we may have to make serious decisions about the stand we take as believers.That CAN happen here I have no doubt.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While we sit in our cozy homes all warm and safe and debate the important issues like prosperity doctrines, devine health, and WOF, here is where I think God's heart is found. I post this from the GFA website in hopes that some may feel led to pray for a brother in Christ.

Missionary Keeps Faith Under Fierce Persecution
02/23/03

Twenty-six-year-old Titus, an energetic GFA native missionary and film team leader, has a deep desire that cannot be quenched. Even threats and beatings have not taken away his determination to see an unreached area of Jharkhand reached with the Gospel.

On February 18, while trying to show a film on the life of Jesus to an eager crowd of villagers, he was attacked by a hostile group of men. After nearly strangling him with his own scarf so he could not cry for help, the men proceeded to punch him and beat him with sticks until he fell unconscious.

Meanwhile, other members of the film team were also beaten--so severely that they suffered intense pain in their muscles. By God’s grace, they escaped. But Titus remained in the village, where a Christian friend carried him to his house. When Titus regained consciousness, the screams of his attackers echoed in his ears. They now stood outside the door with a lantern and containers of kerosene. Exhausted and scared, Titus and his friend prayed continuously to the Lord. They knew this was the only way the people would leave. Even when their attackers did go away, they kept praying all night long.

In the morning, the attackers returned. This time, they carried some papers and a pen. As the villagers gathered together, their leader told Titus he needed to affirm in writing that he would renounce Christianity. As the fear of what could happen came over him, Titus started to sweat. But he knew there was no turning back. “No, I can’t leave my faith,” he managed to get out, even though his throat was sore from nearly having been strangled the day before. Many beat Titus with sticks when he said this. The village leader punched him in the face.

For now, Titus is staying with GFA brothers at another location, resting from his injuries. The village leaders meet again on February 26 to discuss the matter. They have demanded that Titus and other GFA brothers feed approximately 2,000 village people for two days. After that, they will decide what else should be done.

It is very important that we pray for the Lord to intervene in this situation. Let us also pray that the hearts of the villagers will be drawn to Christ as they witness the courage of Titus.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement