Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Penn & Teller ridicule Christ's crucifixion

Author Topic: Penn & Teller ridicule Christ's crucifixion
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kindgo; Having skirted the 'show-biz' life years ago, I understand a little of what many of these people are about. Getting attention. and Satan is very active here because these people are visible to all. The more attention paid to them, the more they will push the sides of the bubble. And Satan gets His point across.

I gotout when I realized the evil that was around me. It scared me. I was naive, and green, and being in the 60's when lsd was coming into its own i was being pushed toward the edge. I already knew I had an alcohol problem, and I did'nt want another.

Sad to say later on I tried to go into Gospel recording and found that it was'nt much better. It wa a business. Christ had nothing to do with it. actually the recording artists did'nt either. It was the people who produced and sold the recordings. it is for the money.

So I just don't watch people like Penn and Teller. and the like. and if every one who 'says' they don't care for them either stopped watching, they would go away.

We already know to where they are destined.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[mad2] [fie] [mad2] [uhoh] [mad2]

Comedy duo perform stunt where angel performs sex act on 'Jesus'

Posted: January 20, 2003
5:00 p.m. Eastern
© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

The magic-comedy team of Penn & Teller has performed a stunt parodying the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, offending some attendees of a major magicians' convention, reports columnist Norm Clarke of the Las Vegas Review.

The skit, performed last week in Las Vegas, included Teller, dressed as Christ on a full-size cross, entering the room on a cart. According to the column, a midget dressed as an angel "performed a simulated sex act on the near-naked Teller." Penn, in a Roman gladiator costume, unveiled the scene by pulling away a "Shroud of Turin" that covered the cross.

A group of people attending the event, billed as a roast of magician Amazing Johnathan, walked out in protest, says Clarke.

According to Rick Neiswonger, a longtime magician and marketing executive, said "the majority" of the 400 who attended the roast were offended.

"They (organizers) warned everybody that something offensive was going to happen, but my God, where do you draw the line? … This was beyond bad taste," Neiswonger told the Review.

One magician, Lance Burton, defended the stunt in an address at the finale luncheon of the conference.

"I told them, 'You were warned ahead of time.' It was a roast; it was held late at night (midnight)," he said, according to the Review column. "Penn & Teller are my dear friends and I would take a bullet for them, and you can write that."

Amazing Johnathan told the Review he was aware that a number of what he called "gospel magicians" walked out of the performance.

"This was performance art," said Johnathan. "I know that Penn is a practicing atheist, and I agree with him that Christianity can be dangerous. Look at the Trade Center. That was done in the name of religion."

Clarke said in his column that Penn & Teller declined comment.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/a...RTICLE_ID=30581

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement