Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Treaty of Rome will be buried and the Constitution of Rome will be born !!

Author Topic: Treaty of Rome will be buried and the Constitution of Rome will be born !!
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incredible!

Do you just feel like someone pinch me; you wait for it. you know its coming, but as I read this I know my mouth is hanging open.

And I believe this man Jens-Peter Bonde is a Dane; wow!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Herb
This article had the same effect on me. Except, us guys don't just get butterflies - we pass out.

When I woke up, I wrote the commentarty posted below:

The Constitution of Rome

Somebody finally said it: In December 2003, the Constitution of Rome will be born.

If you're like me - a student of Bible prophecy - you've been waiting to hear these words. Now, not only have the words finally been spoken, the man who said them is one of the leading experts on European Union political affairs, Jens-Peter Bonde ( Profile ).

Taken from his recent commentary in the EUobserver ( Read about it here ), here is what Bonde actually said: "He (Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi) will soon be given the honour of hosting the summit in December 2003 in Rome. Here the Treaty of Rome will be buried and the Constitution of Rome will be born."

The birth of a constitution, of course, means the birth of a sovereign state. In this case, however, it's not a new birth, it's a rebirth - the rebirth of the old Roman Empire that was foretold by the Old Testament prophet Daniel (Daniel 2:40-43, 7: 23-26).

For we Christians, this brings up an important question: How could this rebirth of the Roman Empire be happening now before our eyes? Why is this an important question? Because, according to prophecy, this revived Roman Empire will be the end-times kingdom of the Antichrist - the kingdom the Apostle Paul tells us God has been holding back.

The Apostle Paul put it this way: He said, "For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. Then the lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming (2 Thessalonians 2:7-8 New American Standard Bible)

Fortunately, although we may be witnessing the beginning of his kingdom, the specific revealing of the Antichrist that Paul was talking about in this passage hasn't happened yet. I said "fortunately" because, when this revealing of the Antichrist occurs, it will be in the middle of the tribulation period - the final seven-year period before Christ's return. And, this revealing will mark the beginning of the most terrible part of the tribulation - the last 3 1/2 years. Jesus referred to this last part as the "great tribulation" (Matthew 24: 15-22).

Never-the-less, the kingdom the Antichrist is destined to rule over - the revived Roman Empire - appears to be finally here. As I said before, the birth of a constitution is the birth of a sovereign state. And, it looks like this major, end-times prophetic event will happen in December 2003.

What will happen next? I don't know. But, it's my opinion the remaining final events of end-times prophecy could happen suddenly.

If you've been following my commentaries, you know that I believe the foretold 10-kings that are supposed to precede the Antichrist may already be on the scene. I suspect these 10-kings could be the EU's new 10-nation military wing.

However, this is only speculation on my part. There are other ways the 10-kings could come on the scene before the rise of the Antichrist. But, soon the final shape of the new, super EU will be decided. And, with the birth of the Constitution of Rome, it looks like it could all happen in December 2003.

Stay tuned!

HERB
11-26-2002

Herwww.fulfilledprophecy.com

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dec. 2003: Treaty of Rome will be buried and the Constitution of Rome will be born !!

Sometimes I read these articles and I get so excited, my hands start shaking, my stomach gets butterflies and my breathing speeds up. That's exactly what happened when I read this. We really are getting closer!!!

http://www.euobserver.com/index.phtml?aid=8502
[salt&pepper] Two Presidents too far away from the European peoples

EUOBSERVER / SALT&PEPPER - The various elites have now started the battle for their own self-interests in the New Europe. German and Benelux leaders prefer a strong European Commission under a strong European Prime Minister, elected by the European Parliament.

Aznar, Berlusconi, Chirac and Blair want a strong European President, elected by the European Council where they can control the outcome. The European Parliament is fighting for a strong Parliament. The European Commission for a strong Commission.

A compromise before 2004
By December 2003 there will be a compromise. The result may be that all supranational institutions will stand to gain more powers. All major participants will have to see themselves gaining rather than losing in the power play. That is always the condition for a package deal in the EU.

Stronger Commission
Therefore the Commission might be strengthened through stronger executive powers and control over Justice and Home affairs which could be a responsibility for a Commission vice chairman. The President of the Commission will be a real Prime Minister because the Nice Treaty already gives him the right to distribute portfolios and sack Commissioners.

Stronger EU Parliament
The EU Parliament will be strengthened by abandoning the distinction between compulsory and non-compulsory expenditures and thereby giving the MEP's a bigger say on spending. MEP's will also gain influence by expanding the area for so called common decision making. But the elected representatives will probably not get the right to appoint the Commission on their own. Here the compromise might turn out to be Giscard's proposed Congress of MEP's and national MP's applauding a proposal from the EU governments. The EU summit may not be able to agree on anything else.

Stronger European Council
The European Council will gain the right to elect a President to represent The United Europe abroad. Solana's job will not be part of the Commission because France and UK are not ready to hand over their veto in the United Nations Security Council and their nuclear deterrence. It is simply too early to bring those tools of power in the hands of Commissioners and European MEPs.

Time may be ripe for a super state, but not (yet) for a democratic super state like the US where the citizens elect their President (or elect Gore and get Bush).

Old empires will continue
The old European colonial empires will continue to exist in world affairs. Germany will not (yet) be an equal partner in foreign policy power sharing. The common foreign policy and defence of The United Europe will only gradually develop until a major international conflict (war) may speed up the integration of the most holy part of the old nation states: The power to punish and kill ones own and others citizens!

Constitution for a super state
But if you look carefully at Giscard d'Estaing's proposal for a constitution you will find all the tools of power that are traditionally attributed to a nation state. The concept of "legal personality" will allow The United Europe to make international deals on behalf of both the federal and the confederal levels of decision making in Europe.

- A common border police to protect "Fortress Europe" from the poor migrants.

- A common defence to give The United Europe a presence in world affairs and compete with the other super power: USA.

Giscard's draft is a constitution for a superstate.

Double citizenship
Seen from abroad we will look like a new state. Seen from inside we will soon get common fundamental rights as in other states. The Charter on Fundamental Human Rights will be legally binding. We will also have a double citizenship where we are state citizens at two levels just like Bavarians are citizens under both the Bavarian and the German Constitution. Bavarians can now look forward for a triple citizenship under Bavaria, Germany and The United Europe.

And if there is a conflict between the three levels? - European citizenship and the common rights and duties will prevail. Seen from inside we would be part of a common state that we would have to obey.

Like the French Republic
The power structure will be like that of in the French republic with a President to represent us internationally and a Prime Minister to govern internal affairs. The first president may be Tony Blair if he promises to hand over his British post to Gordon Brown in order to win his support for EMU entrance…

The first Prime minister may be the Spanish Prime Minister, José-Maria Aznar, who plans to step down by 2004. Aznar is the international leader of the Christian Democrat and Conservative forces. He is keen on Justice and Home affairs, because of ETA. Aznar might be ready to share foreign policy power - "cohabitation" - with Blair. Blair is seen as a personal friend who was even invited to his daughter's wedding.

The Rome Constitution
Berlusconi was also invited to the famous wedding in Spain. He will soon be given the honour of hosting the summit in December 2003 in Rome. Here the Treaty of Rome will be buried and the Constitution of Rome will be born.

Who are the losers?
If all supranational levels have to gain more powers to satisfy all of the actual power players the losers will have to be found among the European electorates. We will have less say. We can continue to vote in national elections, but our elected representatives will not be able to follow our wishes even if they wanted to. Most laws will be made by civil servants and ministers in Brussels. They are very difficult to influence by voters. We can continue to vote in European elections every 5 years. The elected representatives will still not be able to adopt laws or elect the government.

Limit parliamentary democracy
We limit our national parliamentary democracy without winning a parallel European parliamentary democracy. For that reason both true federalists and Eurorealists and Eurosceptics should fight what has now been proposed by "emperor" Giscard d`Estaing (with major prime ministers on his side).

Join the debate

JENS-PETER BONDE, Danish member of the European Parliament for the eurosceptic June Movement and representing the Parliament in the European Convention. Bonde is chairman of the Group for Europe of Democracies and Diversities and the SOS Democracy inter group in the European Parliament, but writes the salt&pepper comment here in his personal capacity.

Website June Movement Bonde.com Written by Jens-Peter Bonde
Edited by Andrew Beatty

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement