Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » ADHD -- a 'Concocted' Disorder?

Author Topic: ADHD -- a 'Concocted' Disorder?
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to ay something here about kids on ADHD drugs.
I am a Chrisitan nad have been for a long time. My child is 5 1/2 yrs old. After much pain and tears and torn skin on herself and others, we finally decided to let them put her on the ADHD meds.
Now she laughs and gets along with others. She no longer hurts herself.
I do not beleive God wants us to bury out heads in the sand when problems come up. Sometimes you HAVE to rely on medicine for help.
If you had a artery blockage that was killing your heart, would you say no to a bypass to save your life?
Same thing with kids on ADHD meds.
Now I truly beleive that there are alot of kids that should not be on the meds and its a convenience for parents and teachers. BUT there are some who truly need the help. Mine is one of them.
Yes, I pray about this sadness. I know in my heart that my child's problem is in fact an inherited problem.
She is adopted and both her parents are retarded.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never mind, I see what happened two identical threads in two different areas sorry!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did my post go on this topic???
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is warefare folks, the enemy has torn down the hedge.. Trying to run rampant over the next generation... [help]

We need the prayer warriors now more than ever...

ALERT - ALERT - Sound an alarm in My Holy Mountain....

[Big Eyes]

Warn the body watchman, 1 out of 5 thats 20% folks of our children are on phycotic drugs...'''>><<

Does this not bother you??
Is your child in public school?
My heart is again greived for the children.. [Frown]

Even so come quickly Lord!

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 19 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ADHD -- a 'Concocted' Disorder?

Veteran Educator Charges NEA, APA, Drug Companies in Cahoots
By Jim Brown and Jody Brown
August 30, 2002

(AgapePress) - A Christian educator says the National Education Association has teamed up the psychiatrists and pharmaceutical companies to promote the sale of 25 different psychotropic drugs to children.

i posted this also in Homeschooler forum...
YOU GOTTA READ THIS! [Smile]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement